Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2002 11:22:59 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 11:38:19 PM EDT
[#1]
You mean there are still people who care about pro-baseball?z
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 11:47:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Did you take B.A.R.T. or did you drive?

Also, I kept my eye out for you at the Big Reno but never saw a tall guy wearing an A's hat.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 3:35:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You mean there are still people who care about pro-baseball?z
View Quote

Agree.  Big time Zzzzz  [sleep]
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 3:53:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I hate the economics of the pro game, but love the game. There is something awesome about a beautiful day at the ballpark, friends, beer, hot dogs and baseball. I flat love the game. Hate our pitching staff though. Maybe one day the Rangers will figure it out. (crossed fingers)
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 3:53:59 AM EDT
[#5]
I go to college and even high school games to get my fix too.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 4:21:11 AM EDT
[#6]

Gee, which multimillionaire will spit in the face of an umpire this year??

How many coddled multimillionaires will get caught doing cocaine and receive a slap on the wrist?

Golly, will this band of spoiled multimillionaires rip off their "fans" and go on strike again this year demanding a "decent and fair" salary package?

Will the number of rape/sexual assault charges filed against these multimillionaires this season exceed the number of games played?

We'll just have to wait till October for the answer to these questions.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 4:42:16 AM EDT
[#7]
There is too much truth to the things you have said, however, I still love the game. I love the sound of the bat striking the ball, or a 90mph fastball slappin leather. The speed and grace of a perfect doubleplay. The times when you don't even have to see tha ball after it leaves the bat, it is gone, and you know it.

Those are the things I go to the games for. I could give a rats ass about the crybabies playing, and if I could do the things they do, day in and day out, I would, but I cannot. Baseball players are far from the worst behaved atheletes around, and by and large are pretty respectable, so I go.

These guys are gonna get paid, and get paid big, whether I am there or not, so I might as well enjoy the game for the things it offers, rather than bitching about things that I will not change. People will do as they see fit, and our "justice" system will continue to reward celebrity, and my ass will be there to see some baseball.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 6:16:23 AM EDT
[#8]
I dont know if it is the hero worship or the distraction that I find more distasteful about professional sports.

It's really pathetic to see a grown man (or even a child) so drawn to someone who is paid to play a game.

But it is probubly worse that people get so distracted by their circuses (proffessional sports) that they lose sight of what is going on around them.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 6:19:13 AM EDT
[#9]
I think we hit a nerve here!  Only way I'll see a [u]pro[/u] game is if someone buys my ticket.  I won't support it.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 8:01:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top