Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2002 9:02:59 PM EDT
My wife was telling me about this thing where people need a ride cross country and drive your car for you and they pay the gas.
I am moving soon and have more cars then I can drive. I would like someone who is going in that direction that does not have a car to drive one of mine.

Anyone ever heard of this? Where can I find more info?

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 9:09:02 PM EDT
[#1]
You may want to rent the movie "Moving" starring Richard Pryor.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 9:39:44 PM EDT
[#2]
they pay the gas.
View Quote

I've done this four times, and I never paid for gas.  In fact, they paid for the gas and my return flight home.  Are you moving anytime near a holiday at a local college?  That might be your best bet to find someone cheap, but I still don't think you're going to find someone to pay the gas.

RipMeyer, unless you have a car unsuitable for it, you might want to just rent one of the U-Haul car carriers.  I think my nephew paid $25 per day for the one we used.  That was a few years ago, but they couldn't be much more expensive now.z
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 9:53:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Rent the car carrier. Save yourself some time and worry. How many people do you think are sitting around waiting to go to San Antonio from Las Vegas and are more than willing to meet your schedule.

And if they are so hard up that they are willing to pay for gas, but not buy a greyhound bus ticket, do you want them driving your vehicle?

Good Luck!
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 10:07:24 PM EDT
[#4]
i live in houston.  i could drive you car from there to san antonio.  but my dad has to come with me, and you have to pay to get us up there.  oh also, i am 17 and i have a good driving record.  :)  e-mail me if your interested
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top