Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2002 11:20:45 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 11:36:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Uh, you swing a machete and a crowbar at people, and you expect what?
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 11:40:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Uh, you swing a machete and a crowbar at people, and you expect what?
View Quote

You culturally insensitive oaf! That's just how they say, "Hey Bob, how's the wife and kids?" in Skinnyland.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 11:41:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 11:42:06 PM EDT
[#4]
1.Dead men tell no tales
2.Dead men don't sue you for wounding them.
 (the surviving family might though)
3.Because you might miss if you don't.
4.Wounded people can be VERY,VERY dangerous.
5.Hard for dead men to kill thier victims.(thier dead)
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 12:25:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You culturally insensitive oaf! That's just how they say, "Hey Bob, how's the wife and kids?" in Skinnyland.
View Quote

Quoted:
The guy was misunderstood. He was an out of work lumberjack and carpenter, and he was so desperate for work that everything was looking like a tree and a nail.
View Quote

Well, scuuuuuuuuse me!  Guess I really oughta come into town more often.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 3:15:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 4:19:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 4:28:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Shoot the weapon out of their hand.  Jesus.  After I read that, all I could think about was the old Tom Berringer movie where he was the good cowboy and practiced shooting guns out of hands.  Shows the mentality of some of the antis.  They truely believe all that crap about how easy it is to shoot and kill someone.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 4:33:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Actually, what we're taught is that you shoot to stop the threat.  Unfortunatly, to stop the threat quickly, you often have to cause fatal wounds.  (ie multiple rounds center mass)  Handgun rounds espically are not effective stoppers, and often require multiple hits to stop the threat.  The article did make some good points about time v. distance, though.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 5:19:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Same thing is true for ordinary citizens. If the bad guy complies with your orders (drop the weapon, down on the floor, etc) you don't shoot. If they make a move in your direction after that, you shoot to kill.

Anybody in your house uninvited, holding weapon, in the same room as you, who suddenly starts moving in your direction IS A DEADLY THREAT.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 5:20:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Dont shoot to kill, shoot to live. Its a very important distinction.

Kharn
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 5:56:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Kharn
View Quote

Exactly...
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 6:21:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Kharn
View Quote

ditto to Kharn.. also, in the democrap land-of-litigation, helps prevent (minimize) some scumbag from bleeding you in lawsuits for the rest of your days.  Reduces clutter in our justice system.
IMHO - should become SOP for these situations.

Bravo5-2
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 6:28:46 AM EDT
[#14]
why let the bastards live?

dead men tell no tales.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 6:55:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Just to add to this, the guy was walking down the street, and when the cops came up and told him to put the items down, various other Somalis in the area talked to him IN SOMALIAN and told him that he really better put the stuff down or he could get in deep shit. The guy apparently ignored them as well.

Look, I know that the cops didn't WANT to shoot the guy (hell, who really wants to shoot anyone, dammit? I hope I never have to, but I will defend my life if it comes to it), but the guy didn't really leave much choice. This one isn't very questionable. Even some people I know who would usualy bitch and moan about this type of thing are pretty understanding here, and I'm in the heart of "The State where Nothing Is Allowed".
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 7:25:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

I was just being sarcastic. I should have included a [rolleyes].
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 9:50:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Remember the rules?
1. Don't draw your weapon unless you intend to use it.
2. Shoot to kill.

This kind of assinine liberal, hippie crap will be the end of us!  There was a story a month or so ago where some drunk charged a police officer with a samouri Sword, and the same discussion came of it.
Makes me sick.
Never take a knife (in this case Machete) to a gunfight...
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 10:06:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Hey, I'll say it if no one else will!  Muth*rfu(kers can shoot huh? What is center mass on a Somalie, about 4"X12"? Like hitting a moving loaf of bread.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 1:53:20 PM EDT
[#19]
You shoot to stop the threat. Any other admission in court will not be good.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 2:01:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Hey, I'll say it if no one else will!  Muth*rfu(kers can shoot huh? What is center mass on a Somalie, about 4"X12"? Like hitting a moving loaf of bread.
View Quote

now THAT'S funny.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 7:20:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

I was just being sarcastic. I should have included a [rolleyes].
View Quote

I was just playing along with it -  guess a  [;D] or even a [:E] would have made it more clear.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top