Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2002 9:35:58 PM EDT
I have seen a couple photos of him holed up in his office with a cell in one hand and what looks to be a PDW (???) next to his other. Anyone know what it is? All I have seen are crappy shots from on CNN.

P.S. Anyone else find it disturbing that a democratically elected leader is for all intents and purposes a prisoner of an occupying army (representing a country that practices apartheid) and that America is arming the invading forces.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 9:46:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Who cares what that monkey fuck is packing??

No, I don't find it disturbing that the Israelis are finally taking out the trash and I contest your incorrect notions of apartheid.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 9:53:17 PM EDT
[#2]
It's an Uzi machine pistol.

And if you think Arafat is anything other than an autocratic dictator of his pitiful little hate racket, not to mention a murdering terrorist....well.....I don't know what to tell you.  You'd be about as deluded as those people who love Clinton and think he was the best president in American history.

Arafat's just the de facto ruler.  His successor won't be elected by democratic vote.  Compare that to Sharon who WAS democratically elected, in a landslide, because Israelis are sick and tired of Arafat, his lies, and his violence.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 9:54:09 PM EDT
[#3]
What's he packing? Bad breath? B.O? A dull razor?

By the citizens of what nation was Arafat elected?

The Arabs had an opportunity to live in equality with the Jews in 1948, one man-one vote, but they left because Israel represented a step backwards in the march toward total Muslim domination of the mideast and, eventually, the world. No other Arab country in the region would take them in, which gave rise to a built in insurgency against the democratically elected government in Israel. Arafat cut his teeth with delighful boys like Black September, so please don't paint him as some kind of statesman.

Israel, under pretty much their most liberal leader ever, offered almost everything Arafat wanted in Dayton, and he walked away from the table witout a counteroffer.

Either he's the president of the Pallies and can stop the suicide bombers, but won't, or he's a weak, useless figurehead only there to draw attention away from the real, sub rosa leader running the Hamas/Hizbullah show.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 9:57:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I personally hoped that bush would show some balls, and would have personally put a bullet in Arafats f'ing head. Thats how to properly end a peace talk. The only way to win a war with those people is to end their entire civilization. Every last one of them.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 10:05:32 PM EDT
[#5]
My only comment for you is, if they are an occupying army(although they are in their own country) what does that make us in afgahnistan? Does that make us an occupying army that is holding omar captive in his own country? I don't think so. They are responding to ever increasing violent acts. Besides Arafat is the father of modern terrorism isn't he?  When people are violently attacked they respond. The only way I see to stop violent attacks is to cut them off at the source. That is what we're doing and so is isreal. I am far from buddy buddy with isreal. but when the suicide bombers came we have reacted the same way.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 10:05:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Why raven, you sound almost like you're taking a hard line against terrorists here, unlike in your soggy, spineless post on the "Telling it like it is" thread. What gives?

***Edited to add the link: [url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=104643[/url]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 10:13:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Are we ready for a little anger management yet boys?
[:D]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 10:32:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Who's angry? I just have a long memory.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 10:38:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Why raven, you sound almost like you're taking a hard line against terrorists here, unlike in your soggy, spineless post on the "Telling it like it is" thread. What gives?

***Edited to add the link: [url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=104643[/url]
View Quote

I guess you don't know irony when you read it, jarhead.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 10:41:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I guess you don't know irony when you read it, jarhead.
View Quote

It might just be that irony is difficult to express in the written medium when you don't provide anything but the posted article and a fairly dry question.

I had my doubts, but you didn't address the questions I asked, so I thought your post must have been sincere.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 10:42:33 PM EDT
[#11]
I think its an UZi on his desk but doesnt he always have a holster with what looks like a .45 on him at all times. He even had it on him when he was meeting with Clinton.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 10:43:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Yeah, sarcasm and irony can be hard to express on the internet (no sarcasm intended)

FWIW, I found it very funny [:)]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 10:46:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Yeah, sarcasm and irony can be hard to express on the internet (no sarcasm intended)

FWIW, I found it very funny [:)]
View Quote

Well, as long as you got a chuckle out of it, troll. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 11:10:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Wouldn't you want a 45 if you were going to meet with Clinton? I sure as hell would!

A couple of thoughts and facts:

Arafat was elected in 1996.

Apartheid: An official policy of racial segregation promulgated in the Republic of South Africa with a view to promoting and maintaining white ascendancy.

Israel has been since its inception "The Jewish State". Israel will give citizenship to just about any Jew but will not allow the hundreds of thousands of Palestine refugees to reenter the country.

What are the settlements in occupied lands if not apartheid? Discrimination is the only game in town in Israel.

Is there any good reason to have hundreds of thousands of people enslaved for 35 years? No, this should have been solved decades ago. What has changed is that the level of violence has increased to the point that Israel is no longer able to cope.

Israel could have installed a government that would have been a protectorate but self-governing (Ireland eighty years ago comes to mind). This would have solved most of their problems.

Maybe I just belive to much in everyone having liberty?
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 11:33:39 PM EDT
[#15]
I'll ask again:
By the citizens of what nation was Arafat elected?
View Quote

There are a lot of Israeli Arabs, and a lot of them voted for Ariel Sharon this last go-round. How does that equal apartheid?

Occupied lands? Israel took those properties fair and square the old fashioned way: in wars they fought because they were being attacked from there. They won the wars; they keep the land. We're about the only idiots who give back land we spill blood taking from aggressors.

How are the Pallies slaves? If they wanted the place, they should have stayed in '48.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 12:41:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Yes.  Not only are the contested occupied territories only occupied because that's from where the assualts to destroy Israel were launched from, but most of the those territories, plus eastern Jerusalem, plus a recognized Palestinian state were offered to the Arabs.

In exchange for.....peace.  No killing, no violence.  Living side by side for mutual benefit.  Instead of endless war and strife.

The Arabs, under Arafat's representation, threw the unprecedented offer in the Jews' face.  They dont want peace.  They want war.  They want violence.  They want death.  And when the Israelis respond in kind, who do they cry is the terrorist?  The murderer?  The conquerer? The liar? The war criminal?  It's Israel and Sharon.

The Arabs can't learn the lesson that they have been defeated, so it has to be drilled into them again.  It would be easier on everyone if they would just learn, but they are defiant.

So be it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 12:50:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Israel has been since its inception "The Jewish State". Israel will give citizenship to just about any Jew but will not allow the hundreds of thousands of Palestine refugees to reenter the country.

Maybe I just belive to much in everyone having liberty?
View Quote

You're a fricking moron.  Look at the problems the ISraelis are having just managing the Arabs they allow to operate in their territory.

The Jews conquered that territory.  If anyone should/could assimilate the displaced Palestinians arabs, you'd think it'd be their Arab brothers, right?

You'd think, but you'd be wrong.  The truth is that neighboring Arab governments have killed way more palestinains than the Israelis during their so called oppression of the intafada.

No Arab governments are welcoming Palestinains with welcome arms.  No one gives a shit about them.  That's why they have nothing to lose by suicide bombing Israelis.

Israel offered to let the Palestinains live peacefully beside them in the West Bank.  But the Palestinains said no.  We want the whole enchilada.  There is to much hate.  There can no peace other than total victory of one side over the other.  And I know which side my money's on.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 12:59:55 AM EDT
[#18]
From the movie "Gladiator"...

"People should know when they've been conquered".

As for "therouge"...

You are a troll.  Nothing more.  Why aren't you volunteering for "human shield" duty like so many of your other delusional friends?  Now go away.

I'm sure there's a McDonalds in France you could be vandalizing if you want to make a name for yourself.  (I hope that wasn't too obscure).

As for the actual topic.... Mini or micro uzi.  Look at the grip, the mag and the overall length.

Yawn... gotta go to sleep.  Very tired.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 1:10:15 AM EDT
[#19]

You're a fricking moron. Look at the problems the ISraelis are having just managing the Arabs they allow to operate in their territory.
View Quote

Well you're a fricking dillweed. Come on Raven, you make some good points, lets not start acting like a middle schooler here. Adults, remember? Not name calling kiddies.

The Jews conquered that territory. If anyone should/could assimilate the displaced Palestinians arabs, you'd think it'd be their Arab brothers, right?
View Quote

The Jordanians tried, the Syrians tried, both got Arafat's PDW's buisness end. They even tried assasinating King Hussein who has done the most since Sadat for peace over there.

You'd think, but you'd be wrong. The truth is that neighboring Arab governments have killed way more palestinains than the Israelis during their so called oppression of the intafada.
View Quote

Because the Palestinian leadership keeps its people ignorant and mad. Ignorant and mad, hmmm, sounds like propaganda. Anyhow, you're completely correct, the Jordanians chased the Palestinians out with tanks and Mirage F.1s with AP bombs when they started their shit there.

No Arab governments are welcoming Palestinains with welcome arms. No one gives a shit about them. That's why they have nothing to lose by suicide bombing Israelis.
View Quote

Oh, Saddam loves them, but only as suicide bombers, a group easy to use as a weapon against Saddam's enemies- a lot like the Kurds and the other Shi'a in Iraq have been in past Iraqi decades.

Israel offered to let the Palestinains live peacefully beside them in the West Bank. But the Palestinains said no.
View Quote

Ummm, where did I miss this? I'm not calling you a liar, I'm just asking for a link or something....

We want the whole enchilada. There is to much hate.
View Quote

Agreed, and hate comes from ignorance. I hate to say it, but I see the same thing with some people here on this very board....

There can no peace other than total victory of one side over the other. And I know which side my money's on.
View Quote

The whole region is going to dissapear in a nuclear fireball once the revolutions start in other Arab countries. The revolution by people sick of being repressed by their petty dictators and corrupt beaurocracies. Cairo, Jerusalem, even Bethalhem, my vote is on even money that they all become radioactive slag in the next 100 years.

50 years ago, no one would put its money on Israel, they were surrounded by numericaly superior forces with better equiptment and better backing. Thats why a vast majority of Palestinians sided against Israel. Arafat wants them to believe the situation is still the same, but the fact is its time to give up and go home. Old warriors like Arafat and his regeme must be killed and allow his people to realize that Israel is no longer the unwanted orphan of Europe that it was in 1949.

And I'm a very pro-Arab Muslim.

Amir.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 6:10:54 AM EDT
[#20]
I don't think Arafat himself carries anything but a pistol (which is probably a Makarov).  I think the SMG is a Skorpion that belongs to his bodyguard.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 6:27:31 AM EDT
[#21]
To those that think I am a troll, I have to point out that I have watched these forums for around three years. Also I did not refer to others in this forum in ways that are rude(at least of people on this forum), yet I have been slandered.

Arafat was elected in election in the occupied territories. He may not be the best leader in the world, but he is the most moderate. Remeber Hamas: "from the river to the sea". He could not accept the offer given to him be Barak (yes I know that I can not spell well) as it did not have the right of the Palestinian refugees to return to the new Palestinian state. These refugees did not leave just because they did not like the idea of being ruled by Jews, but rather because there was a war going on in their backyards.

In 1967 it was Israel that crossed the borders, not the Arabs. Egypt had had its army mobilized for a while and probably had it coming. For Israel 1967 was a good old fashion land grab. They paid for land in blood. The people of the occupied territories have been in bondage to their occupiers for the 35 years. They have been enslaved.

There are something like a eighty million young Arabs that have ability to watch the violence everyday on satellite TV. More than a couple of the Arab states are now receiving equipment and training from the good old US of A. If Israel does not make peace in the near future (15 or so years) then either America will have to defend their interest with American blood, or Israel will be destroyed based upon those good old rules that say whomever has the biggest gun wins.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 6:46:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

P.S. Anyone else find it disturbing that a democratically elected leader is for all intents and purposes a prisoner of an occupying army (representing a country that practices apartheid) and that America is arming the invading forces.
View Quote

I won't dignify that with a response...
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 6:52:28 AM EDT
[#23]
As far as arafat's weapon, if we could figure out a way to hook that lower lip of his to an auto sear he would be a force to be reckoned with. [:P]
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 7:06:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Interesting discussion of weapon possibilities on subguns.com here:      

[url]http://subguns.biggerhammer.net/sword.cgi?read=73137[/url]

Most seem to think it's NOT an Uzi... though the irony would be *priceless* if it was!
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 7:14:55 AM EDT
[#25]
His Sh!t
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 7:42:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Some have said it's a Polish something-or-other with a spike, as in this pic, here:

[url]http://hem.passagen.se/dadkri/Pictures/Pm-63_1.gif[/url]

I doubt it, and think it's an Uzi...
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 8:28:22 AM EDT
[#27]
It's too long in the front to be an Uzi.  He has it in a holster on his desk.  It's some variation on a theme.  It's similar to a Mac 11.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 9:03:13 AM EDT
[#28]
There is a another thread about that particular weapon, it is clearly a Micro Uzi.

[img]http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20020329/capt.1017445900.mideast_israel_palestinians_agaz104.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 9:26:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Having a Micro-Uzi replica right here, I hate to say, but its a Polish Wz-63. The shape of the grip, the shape of the back of the weapon, they're too different, besides, the holseter is for a Polish WZ, so why stick a Micro Uzi in it?

As for it being so ironic if it WERE an Uzi?

Why? The Israelis used Nazi guns- nothing more gratifying than turning your former exicutioner's gun against them.

Looks like it wont be long now though. I'm voting for an ignominious death like shrapnell or blast concussion.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 9:47:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Whose "former executioner"?

Yasser Arafat was born in Egypt. He's a lying sack of crap. Those of you who equate Israel's dealing with the so-called "Palestinians" (a people who already have a country where they belong, called Jordan) with apartheid are ignorant. I've had friends on both sides of both situations and they're _vastly_ different. Ironically, if they were the same, it would still be hard to defend the "underdogs" - the black revolutionary leaders in South Africa were (and are today) Marxists.

It does look like the pm63
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 9:56:30 AM EDT
[#31]
I would guess his bags.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 1:03:08 PM EDT
[#32]
OK, it obviously isn't a Skorpion.  Oops. [:I]

Here's a pic of a WZ-63:

[img]http://www.civiliangunner.com/images/WZ63.jpg[/img]

BTW, Yasser -- holsters are for carrying, not for storage.  Either strap that thing on or let it sit on the table bare.  
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 3:02:05 PM EDT
[#33]
 I bet he's packing a new bag of rocks to throw,
and this time the Jews are going to take him to task. I sure hope that I don't see him on the dark side later tonight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top