Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2010 8:38:05 PM EDT
Does anyone know if any company that makes Issue combat boots makes them in wider than normal widths?

I'm talking W-I-D-E.

I take a 10 1/2 EEEEEE (6E) and when I was active duty, the Air Force had to send out special for boots to fit me. Well, I've been retired since 2000, and my last pair has finally bitten the dust, and I'm need of a replacement pair (or two). It never dawned to me back then to find our who the AF went through to get them made.

I swear; if I had feathers, I could make a good living as the AFLAC duck.

Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 5/15/2010 8:41:18 PM EDT
[#1]
10 1/2 6E????

Is your foot wider than it is long?
Link Posted: 5/15/2010 8:58:34 PM EDT
[#2]

Damn man, them's some big feet. I'm guessing the ladies love you. Gotta be hard to find shoes obviously. I know I like Altama boots a lot and they were standard issue when I was in, but they don't sell that width from the site. They say they do them for .gov contract, but the only way to get em is by finding some overruns a retail site is selling.

Try here though

Link Posted: 5/15/2010 9:08:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Holy shit that's a wide foot. One of my 1st jobs in the AF was stock control (Supply weenie here) and I used to order odd sized boots and flight suits. Never came across a boot that wide and I had some goofy sizes that I ordered. I used to have to trace the persons foot and mail it to DPSC in Philadelphia. This was back in 94ish. In the late 90's early 2000 the AF went civ contract on the base service stores so it was a private company that ordered all the boots and such. I would get with a manufacture to see if they make that size for you. Its gonna cost you I bet.

What do you do for regular footwear?
Link Posted: 5/15/2010 9:10:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/15/2010 9:27:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Pics or BS
Link Posted: 5/15/2010 11:40:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I live in New Balance sneakers and Hitchcock dress shoes. Hitchcock makes a leather "boot", but it just comes above the ankle and since it's all leather, it's rather heavy. The foot Dr says I've been blessed with an extra bone in the ball of each foot. Lucky me.

And you know what they say about big hands and big feet......

That's right––it means big shoes and big gloves.

Seriously, thanks for all the help, guys.
Link Posted: 5/15/2010 11:49:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I wear a 12 but always seemed to be wearing 9s.
Link Posted: 5/16/2010 1:48:48 AM EDT
[#8]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top