Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2002 11:13:46 AM EDT
Don’t prosecute Sarah Brady!
By Carma Lewis, National Director, Armed Females of America

Sarah Brady has admitted in her new autobiography that she purchased a 30.06 rifle for her son. This purchase, at first blush, indicates she skirted the provisions of the Brady law that she so stridently campaigned for.

Some pro-gun organizations have been calling for legislators and BATF bureaucrats to investigate this admission for possible charges of violation of the Brady law provisions of a required background check.

Don’t get me wrong, there is nothing more appropriate than to see Sarah Brady and the other “Axis of Evil” gun control elitists get theirs for their transgressions against the unconstitutional laws the rest of us are forced to obey.

As stated on the BATF form 4473, item 12a it says: “Warning: You are not the actual buyer if you are acquiring the firearm(s) on behalf of another person. If you are not the actual buyer, the dealer cannot transfer the firearm(s) to you.”

This sounds pretty clear, doesn’t it? However, on the same form under important notices it gives examples of actual buyers: “…if Mr. Brown (Sarah) goes to buy a firearm with his own money to give to Mr. Black (young Brady) as a present, Mr. Brown (Sarah) is the actual buyer of the firearm and should answer “yes” to question 12a.”

If Sarah Brady made this firearm purchase to give to her son as a gift, then this was a lawful purchase. If she knew beforehand that her son was a prohibited possessor, or she knew that he was going to use the firearm to commit a crime, then the transfer would be illegal! We are still waiting for that information.

Armed Females of America is opposed to ALL firearm laws we believe them to be unconstitutional and feel they should be erased from the pages of our national history and thrown into the trash heap with the other liberal doctrines. This incident with Sarah Brady further illustrates how ineffective gun control actually is. There is always a way for a determined person to circumnavigate the laws. Even Sarah Brady!

Instead of calling for prosecution of Sarah Brady for doing what she was legally entitled to do under the provisions of the law, we should be calling for repeal of the Brady Law. While we are at it let’s go after the unconstitutional Lautenberg Amendment, the assault weapons ban, the gun free schools act, the gun control act of 1968 and not stop until we reach the National Firearms Act of 1934!

For us to demand enforcement of these laws is only giving our open approval of the laws, and an admission on our part that these “laws” are right and just.

[url]http://www.armedfemalesofamerica.com/index.php?section=%3Cb%3EFOR+IMMEDIATE+RELEASE%3C%2Fb%3E[/url]
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 12:25:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Instead of calling for prosecution of Sarah Brady for doing what she was legally entitled to do under the provisions of the law, we should
                         be calling for repeal of the Brady Law
View Quote

great idea
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 12:50:51 PM EDT
[#2]
and the repeal of tax exempt status for all questionably charitable organizations.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 1:02:23 PM EDT
[#3]
While I agree with what they say about repealing laws, I don't think that Sarah Brady should escape prosecution.  

It is my understanding that she violated a state law and not a federal law.  The state law does require the background check.  

I think there is much to be gained from prosecuting Sarah Brady.  If nothing else, I believe that prosecuting her would further hurt their fund raisining cause because it would show just how hypocritical their whole movement is.  There are a lot of corporations and celebrities who contribute to the Brady cause who would probably not want to be connected to her after this story hit more mainstream press.  Besides, it would give a lot of gun owners some satisfaction to be giving it instead of getting it.

Link Posted: 3/26/2002 1:09:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I agree, so first burn her, then repeal ALL gun laws.
maybe her persecution will make the repeal easier.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 1:17:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top