Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2002 8:49:09 AM EDT
The NBC affiliate station in Cincinnati has a poll on it's main news page. So far it shows about a 65% pro CCW and 35% anti CCW result on around 400 votes.

We need to show some support and seal this thing since it is currently on the plate at the state legislative level. It's also being argued at the high court level.

[url]http://www.channelcincinnati.com/news/[/url]
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 11:32:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I just cast my YES vote, thats for the heads up Ben!  Being originally from PA and a CCW holder there, I can't believe how goofy this state is about a lot of things, but this CCW issue shows the true mentality of the state government, esp the Gov.  He seems like such a real wimp, afraid to allow the will of the people as he hides behind some "approval" from the vairous police organizations.  Hell, many democrates even voted for it in the state house.  I can't wait to move home )ggod luck...since the wife is from Cincinnati)
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 12:16:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I voted.

Yes - 69%
No  - 31%
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 1:06:15 PM EDT
[#3]
[bounce]

[marines]

[peep]
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 1:22:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 8:56:45 PM EDT
[#5]

320 pro 69%
142 con 31%
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 9:01:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Voted as well.
up to 322 now, but still 69% to 31%

correction:  It just moved to 70/30.
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 4:57:00 AM EDT
[#7]
It's at 71% to 29%. Thanks for the link.

I've worked for many political candidates and here's how I think this will play out.

The Ohio CC issue won't reach Taft's desk till after the the November elections. I would be surprised if it does. This way, Taft gets four more years and isn't embarrrassed when his veto is overturned.

I've met the governor a few times. I think he's a pretty smart guy. I'm a bit confused why he just doesn't look to the Ohio constitution (it couldn't be any clearer) and the Ohio judiciary for guidance and not buckle to the law enforcement unions which I've always been suspect of.
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 5:04:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Done...Thanks for the link.
Tim
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top