Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2002 8:27:13 AM EDT
I passed my heavy metal poisons test, I have no heavymetals in my body.
I have been around a lot of heavy metals when I was able to work. I am disabled and have some of the symptoms of HM poisoning. I finally got a Dr. to test me and low and behold, I passed with more than flying colors. I have been exposed to [b]VERY HIGH[/b] amounts of lead, cadmium, mercury, and the list goes on. I was sure I was poisoned, but the results on mercury were, [b]"Under the normal limits."]/b] This makes me wonder about all the, [b]"EPA scares"[b/] on these deemed health threats. They make it sound like one quick exposure will kill you. I had heavy daily exposures for a period of a good solid 10 years. When I told this to the Dr, he laughed and said the test doesn't even show a scratch on my body. What's going on here, is the EPA really lying to us for some reason?
All's I can say is, shoot normal, be happy, and don't worry about lead poisoning unless it's being administered by the ole' fire stick...  [BD] [BD] [BD]
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 8:33:01 AM EDT
[#1]
The Government would not lie to its citizens!
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 8:34:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't know about you, but I'd always rather err on the side of caution when it comes to introducing toxins into my body. So if the EPA/OSHA is a little over zealous in their warnings I think I can live with it.

Another thing is, the lower the standards are set by the EPA/OSHA the easier it is for them to fine (tax) nonconforming businesses/corporations for violations.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 8:49:34 AM EDT
[#3]
What kind of music do you listen to?  Any heavy metal in your ears?  That can cause you harm too.  [;)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top