Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2002 7:47:05 PM EDT
about laser range-finders.  which one to get?  looking mostly at the bushnell 6x (1000yrd) and leica 7x (1200yrd)  (guess it hasnt come out yet?)  the leica is almost $150 more.  any good reason (ie worth it?)  how durable are these units?

thanks
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 4:29:31 AM EDT
[#1]
There's an article about rangefinders in the March 20 Shotgun News. The author states he won't bother with anything under 800 yards and his personal favorite is the Bushnell 1000, although the Leica 800 may be better suited for low-light conditions as it uses an LED, while the Bushnell uses an LCD, which can be hard to see in some situations. But I like Bushnell's features, such as rain and scan modes. I don't know if the Leica has these features.

I'm in the market too but am waiting to hear reports on the Leica 1,200 yard model.

Anyway, it seems every time I watch the hunting show in TV, the guys are always using the Leica 800. That may mean something.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 4:39:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 6:50:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Is Ranging Spectrum range finder any good?  I believe Cabelas carry it and I've seen this on Maj. John Plaster's "The Ultimate Sniper" book.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 9:39:49 PM EDT
[#4]
The Bushnell 800 had an illuminated LCD display when it was first released, but now all of the current models lack this. Anyone know why this was done?

I heard that there was a problem with the Leicas and they were recalled. Dunno what the whole story was on that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top