Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2010 6:40:08 PM EDT
http://www.lapolicegear.com/jumbo-bailout-bag.html

The LA Police Gear Jumbo Bail Out Bag features numerous pockets on all sides, two large hideen pockets with velcro attachment points, and a very large inner compartment with additonal pockets and center divider. Other companies sell similar bags for $100 to $200 Dollars. Those types of prices are not going to fly these days.
We went factory direct and water boarded the factory owners until they gave us the price we wanted.
Once again LAPG gives you more for your money!

Now that's customer service.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 6:45:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 6:46:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Some people have issues with them but I have bought a shitload of gear from LAPG.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 6:46:46 PM EDT
[#3]
It is a good company, Im loading my shoppin cart as we speak
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 6:47:10 PM EDT
[#4]
They refused to mail half my order so regardless of their prices, I'm done with them.

Link Posted: 4/20/2010 6:49:42 PM EDT
[#5]
They seem to be hit or miss, for me it was a miss.....so I go elsewhere.

Link Posted: 4/20/2010 6:51:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Ive ordered a crap load of stuff from them and never had a issue.  Actually this is the first time ive heard on any, unlike botach where there is a thread every other day about them.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 6:53:14 PM EDT
[#7]
For the longest time I didn't order from them because of stories here, but I started buying stuff in 2009 and frankly they've become one of my favorite vendors.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 6:54:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Nobody seems to appreciate that they actually waterboard factory owners for us.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 6:55:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I've never had any issues with them.  I bought a ton of stuff last night.  They have some awesome deals.  I ended up grabbing a pistol bag and some shorts just because the prices were so good. 511 shorts for $7.99 you cant go wrong.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 6:57:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
They refused to mail half my order so regardless of their prices, I'm done with them.

+1

Their prices are good because they never have to ship their shit out.  I've ordered three times from them.  All three times they screwed me.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 6:58:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

A partial order or some sort of law/regulation hassle?

I had an order that was held up on a couple of backordered items for almost a month.
I called and said ship what you have in stock and cancel the rest.
They did that and sent me a hat and a nalgene bottle for my trouble.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 6:59:42 PM EDT
[#12]
i bought my surefire m910 VFG for $200 cheaper than anywhere else.

great prices especially their specials.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:00:42 PM EDT
[#13]
I used to order Glock mags and ammo from them but I don't see any ammo on their site anymore?

I ended up ordering a bag in OD and a desert tan G2.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:05:56 PM EDT
[#14]

That is some funny stuff right there.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:08:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

A little back story would be nice.

I've used them a bunch and have had nothing but good experiences with them.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:13:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had an order that was held up on a couple of backordered items for almost a month.

No, I ordered 2 sets of boots for a friend's birthday (he's an Army recruiter) a watch and a Surefire flashlight that were on sale and they sent the boots (one was the wrong size and they paid for the shipping back to them and sent me the right pair) but they refused to sell the watch or the flashlight till I proved who I was. I thought it was bizarre and I asked the lady over the phone, how do I prove who I am and she said, scan and e-mail us a copy of your driver's license, so I was like, um, no other company has ever asked me to do that before and she was like "sorry" that's what we need from you. So that part of the order was cancelled and I just stopped buying from them. I think the flashlight and watch were about $200 together on sale, so I didn't think it was such a big amount to warrant that sort of suspicion. I've spent way more on ammo, clothing and jewelry online without anyone requesting an e-mailed copy of my ID before. So that's my grief with them.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:18:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

my first order was met with a 3 month shippng delay, 5 phone calls to crappy CS, and promises to have it shipped "next week" ... my first order was my last

Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:21:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

A little back story would be nice.

I've used them a bunch and have had nothing but good experiences with them.

May'be they've had issues with fraud from Asian gangs before and my name put them on edge? I don't know. I was disappoined, the prices seemed good and they have quite a variety of stuff to pick from.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:23:12 PM EDT
[#19]
I like them, but I don't think I have ever gotten a full order when I buy from them. I expect at least 1 out of 3 things will no longer be in stock at the time of my order.  

But their prices are great - you just have to not count your geese before they hatch.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:26:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I ordered 2 sets of boots for a friend's birthday (he's an Army recruiter) a watch and a Surefire flashlight that were on sale and they sent the boots (one was the wrong size and they paid for the shipping back to them and sent me the right pair) but they refused to sell the watch or the flashlight till I proved who I was. I thought it was bizarre and I asked the lady over the phone, how do I prove who I am and she said, scan and e-mail us a copy of your driver's license, so I was like, um, no other company has ever asked me to do that before and she was like "sorry" that's what we need from you. So that part of the order was cancelled and I just stopped buying from them. I think the flashlight and watch were about $200 together on sale, so I didn't think it was such a big amount to warrant that sort of suspicion. I've spent way more on ammo, clothing and jewelry online without anyone requesting an e-mailed copy of my ID before. So that's my grief with them.

That is very strange.

Were you glomming on one of their discount codes?
They have a LEO discount that shows up on some coupon websites.
I tried it once and they emailed me back for LEO verification.
Other than that I got nothin'. Maybe some sort of CC discrepancy or a different "ship to" address?
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:26:26 PM EDT
[#21]
I buy something worth a few hundred bones from them every year. Good-to-go, but a lot of stuff there is on back-order it seems.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:28:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Just ordered some stuff from them on the 17th and find out today everything but one item is backordered which pisses me off because on the website it was all in stock.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:29:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is very strange.

Were you glomming on one of their discount codes?
They have a LEO discount that shows up on some coupon websites.
I tried it once and they emailed me back for LEO verification.
Other than that I got nothin'. Maybe some sort of CC discrepancy or a different ship to address?

No, I didn't use a discount code. I'm such a idiot when it comes to those things, that I haven't even used my C&R license for any discounts yet and it's almost due for renewal. I think Cabelas and Sportmansguide are the only companies I've ever used discount coupons for. Armyinfantryvet also pointed out I was spending $20 too much on 5.45x39 too last year. I'm not nearly the frugal shopper I thought I was.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:33:54 PM EDT
[#24]
I've had several transactions, all great. I love my Bates.

Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:34:21 PM EDT
[#25]
I get a lot of 5.11 clothing on close out from them, and I got one of their bail out bags to use as my "daddy bag"
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:35:06 PM EDT
[#26]
I have bought from them for years with nary a problem, until my last order this past March 9th. I ordered 2 pairs of 5.11 pants and 2 pairs of LAPG tactical operator pants, both sets in brown. I hear nothing and get no email that there is any problem with my order.

On the 21st of March I call them and am told that the 5.11s are out of stock and I am getting the very last pair, not 2 like I wanted. I said that was Ok. End of March rolls around, no dice. I call, they then show up April 2nd. NO 5.11s whatsoever and the LAPG pants are not brown but a gray/green hue, plus they are Chinese crap. The quality of the pants are truly shit. I call, talk to a woman who is extremely rude to me (Which is shocking as this is the first time I've ever had poor customer service from them.

I ask why no 5.11s showed up when I had been told one pair was coming. I got the run around. I told them the LAPG pants were crap. I finally got a UPS ARS label. No coupon, no offer to fix anything, nada, nyet, nema, unh uh! I will not buy another thing from these company. It was too reminiscent of BOTACH Tactical, Ugh! I'm mulling over writing a letter to the CEO, who's supposedly a former LAPD officer.

ETA: They also still charged me for the pair of 5.11s that I never saw and only took it off my credit card a week after I got the other pants. Too much bad juju in one order.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:39:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I've had several transactions, all great. I love my Bates.

I'm a size 15.
I got a pair of Bates desert boots from them for something ridiculous like $20.
Three pairs of Magnum Hi-tecs for some equally ridiculous low price.

I cleaned them out of some 5.11 stuff in my size.
You do take your chances with the closeouts.

I do not recommend the house brand.
It is indeed crap.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:41:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
No, I didn't use a discount code. I'm such a idiot when it comes to those things, that I haven't even used my C&R license for any discounts yet and it's almost due for renewal. I think Cabelas and Sportmansguide are the only companies I've ever used discount coupons for. Armyinfantryvet also pointed out I was spending $20 too much on 5.45x39 too last year. I'm not nearly the frugal shopper I thought I was.

Don't be so hard on yourself. There are legions of gun shoppers who aren't Internet savvy, or even catalog savvy at all, and they get reamed on a daily basis shopping only at brick-n-mortar stores, and on things that don't have the "service" to make the prices they pay worth it.

You're still way ahead of the game.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:41:29 PM EDT
[#29]
I bought 6 5.11 rifle cases. Less than half price. Good to GO.
I did return some pants and that was a hassle.
Got notice today that my Safariland tactical holster is on B-order. This is a first soooo we will see what happens. Too bad they sold out of the cases 42" double rifle, coyote. Nice.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:44:21 PM EDT
[#30]
I have ordered alot from LAPG. Got some incredible deals and others not so much.
Service is hit or miss.
The Danner boots I just bought for 69 bucks and the Gerber LMF ASEK II I bought my pal as a gift( 59 bucks) were two excellent scores.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:45:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

my first order was met with a 3 month shippng delay, 5 phone calls to crappy CS, and promises to have it shipped "next week" ... my first order was my last

Sorry to hear that. I wasn't happy with their customer service either. I think I get spoiled with online orders though. Like going to a Walmart or Fry's you have to drive there, find parking, stand in line, show your receipt at the exit and it's all alot of hassle, not to mention some of the customers there can be annoying. With online, it feels like you can just click on what you want, submit your payment information and it comes to your door. Of course it doesn't always work out that way. I ordered some stuff from a gun company last week and they sent 1/2 of what I ordered, so now I have to call them and way, um, where's my stuff? Of course it's not as bad as having to drive in traffic to a Target, then park, walk in and deal with their crappy customer service.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:45:05 PM EDT
[#32]
I love their prices and I'm wearing a pair of pants I got from them right now. I was dissapointed by the fact that my last order from them they never said anything about any part of it being out of stock and not shipping until I e-mailed them asking, and they adjusted the cost by the amount of the item but they did'nt adjust shipping at all.

T
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:46:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Every order I've placed with them has been at my door within a week.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:46:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Nobody seems to appreciate that they actually waterboard factory owners for us.

I do.  No one goes the distance anymore.  LAPG does!  
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:49:43 PM EDT
[#35]
I absolutely had to order some Operator Pants. I am now a Mother-F__king OPERATOR!  WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  

A cannot believe it took me this long to figure that shit out. (reaches for more Twinkies....gotta stay in shape)
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:50:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't be so hard on yourself. There are legions of gun shoppers who aren't Internet savvy, or even catalog savvy at all, and they get reamed on a daily basis shopping only at brick-n-mortar stores, and on things that don't have the "service" to make the prices they pay worth it.

You're still way ahead of the game.

Well, I guess, as far as other things, like clothing and shoes, I'm pretty good at finding deals. But I've overpaid on several things, especially last year after the election and after having disregarded advice from a former Arfcom moderator. But I'm learning. I pick up alot from reading the AR-15, AK, handgun, Armory and hometown forums plus the team forum's official good deals thread. Hopefully I get it down eventually.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:59:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry to hear that. I wasn't happy with their customer service either. I think I get spoiled with online orders though. Like going to a Walmart or Fry's you have to drive there, find parking, stand in line, show your receipt at the exit and it's all alot of hassle, not to mention some of the customers there can be annoying. With online, it feels like you can just click on what you want, submit your payment information and it comes to your door. Of course it doesn't always work out that way. I ordered some stuff from a gun company last week and they sent 1/2 of what I ordered, so now I have to call them and way, um, where's my stuff? Of course it's not as bad as having to drive in traffic to a Target, then park, walk in and deal with their crappy customer service.

I had an order from Wideners that was missing two bricks of .22 ammo.
I called and they insisted they had shipped it.

So I sent them a photo of the box the order came in with everything packed back into it.
The remaining space was just big enough to fit my fist into.
I told them that if they could fit 2000 rounds of boxed .22 into that space, I would shut up and go away.
The CSR called me back about ten minutes later and said that the missing items would ship that day.

Sometimes it's not the error but how they deal with it.
Still, you must be firm. Understand that people try to scam them every day.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 8:02:35 PM EDT
[#38]
I've only had positive experiences with LAPG.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 8:03:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had an order from Wideners that was missing two bricks of .22 ammo.
I called and they insisted they had shipped it.

So I sent them a photo of the box the order came in with everything packed back into it.
The remaining space was just big enough to fit my fist into.
I told them that if they could fit 2000 rounds of boxed .22 into that space, I would shut up and go away.
The CSR called me back about ten minutes later and said that the missing items would ship that day.

Sometimes it's not the error but how they deal with it.
Still, you must be firm. Understand that people try to scam them every day.

True, it might just be bad timing, someone there having a bad day or whatever. I was pretty confused by it all. You're right on the prices of boots. The 2 I did get from them were $25 each compared to a retail of over $100+ and they did pay for return shipping on the one that was the wrong size and sent the right size in time for my friend's birthday.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 8:04:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Never an issue with them.  Hell I just ordered from them last week.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 8:07:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Some people have issues with them but I have bought a shitload of gear from LAPG.

same here

I order from them a lot
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 8:12:52 PM EDT
[#42]
I've got my turnaround time with LAPG down to a friggin science.

I end up ordering from there each couple of months, which is about the turnaround time for fixed/replaced items.  I couldn't be happier, easily 2/3 of the clothing I wear is from LAPG.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 8:13:10 PM EDT
[#43]
I bought a bunch of stuff from them.  The only issue I had was with a pair of BDU pants.  The buttons were un-threading themselves and falling off.  I guess they used some sort mechanized button threading machine.  What can you expect for $10?
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 8:21:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Actually their prices are so low because they copy designs and then get them built as cheaply as possible.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 8:24:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I bought a bunch of stuff from them.  The only issue I had was with a pair of BDU pants.  The buttons were un-threading themselves and falling off.  I guess they used some sort mechanized button threading machine.  What can you expect for $10?

That is exactly what happened to mine.
I had my mom sew them back on at Xmas.
Keep an eye on the snaps too, they are cheap crap.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 8:27:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I absolutely had to order some Operator Pants. I am now a Mother-F__king OPERATOR!  WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  

A cannot believe it took me this long to figure that shit out. (reaches for more Twinkies....gotta stay in shape)

What shape?  Round?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 9:15:14 PM EDT
[#47]
i love them.  add in the comments that you want to be contacted if any part of your order is backordered.  works everytime for me.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 9:17:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Ordered a pair of $30 Magnum Stealth IIs and got them in a week.

One experience I know, but I will definitely order from them again.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 9:31:26 PM EDT
[#49]
I have bought plenty of stuff from them.  No problems.  They are OK in my book.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top