Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2002 1:26:46 PM EDT
It would be the right thing to do.  After all, she's violating firearms laws AND putting a sniper rifle in the hands of a minor.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 1:30:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Why would we want to do that?  She did something most of us consider reasonable and might have even done in the past.  Why stoop to her level?  That's just the type of rude thing she would do to one of us for the same action.  I wouldn't.  I'm not like her.z
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 1:34:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Why is it that we never allow people like Sarah Brady to live with the consequences of their actions?
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 1:40:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm with Schnert.  I'd love to see her involved in a public scandal over her illegal gun purchase.  Jail time would be good too!
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 1:47:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought she only violated Delaware gun laws?

Its still ok to buy a gun for a kid and give it to them free as a gift under Federal Law. But Cali and some East Coast states may have a problem with it.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 1:49:00 PM EDT
[#5]
If this is a reference to Sarah Brady buying a hunting rifle for her son, she didn't break any laws.

A gift is not a straw purchase.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 2:21:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Zak-
you are right, BUT when you fill out a 4473, it states that you buying the rifle for yourself.  In her case she bought it for her son, that was her intention.  So technically she did violate the Federal Law, in that she lied on a 4473 form.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 2:23:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Here's the link to the PDF of Maryland's gun laws.

[url]http://www.atf.treas.gov/pub/fire-explo_pub/pdf/maryland.pdf[/url]

(b) Straw purchase. - (1) Except as otherwise provided in this subsection, a
person may not knowingly or willfully participate in a straw purchase of a
regulated firearm.
(2) The prohibitions of this subsection do not apply to a person purchasing a
regulated firearm as a gift provided:
(i) The recipient of the gift is a resident of this State; and
(ii) Both the purchaser and recipient of the gift comply with the require-ments
under this subheading pertaining to the possession, sale, rental, re-ceipt,
transfer, pr purchase of a regulated firearm, unless the gift is in
the form of a gift certificate, in which case only the recipient shall comply
with the requirements.
(3) If the regulated firearm is a gift to a spouse, parent, grandparent,
grandchild, brother, sister, son, or daughter:
(i) An application to purchase or transfer a regulated firearm shall be com-pleted
by the recipient and forwarded to the Secretary within 5 days of re-ceipt
of the regulated firearm; and
(ii) The $10 application fee, as provided by subsection (g) of this section,
shall be waived by he Secretary.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 2:54:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 3:04:10 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm less concerned about any state or local regs she may have violated than I'm am about the complete and utter hypocrisy of her purchase.  A fact which seems to have escaped many people.  The matriarch of those trying to take away the 2nd Amendment should be slammed hard for it.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 3:23:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Is this being mentioned on the networks and cnn. I hope somebody makes a very big deal out of this. If laws were broken, put the bitch in jail. She couldn't smoke then either. [:)]
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 3:32:52 PM EDT
[#11]
I would very much LOVE to see her virtually crucified for a firearms law violation of any type.   I say throw the book at her...but make sure it's a LEAD book.

Maybe if she who pushes for draconian gun laws gets extremely punished for a violation of a draconian gun law, then perhaps she'll change her tune.

Interestingly, in the past few weeks she's said nothing about any new or current gun legislation, even when asked.  I think the Democratic party leadership took her aside and said "Cool it.  This is not a popular issue now and you're alienating too many of our democrats who own guns."

Could be.

Amazing.   She bought a .30-06??

Isn't that a sniper's rifle, capable of accurately killing people at a mile's distance, with cop-killer armor-piercing bullets?  A preferred weapon of terrorists?

I am shocked.

I guess now she's going to show her new toy to Dianne Feinstein, who in turn will show off her concealed handgun, in a mutual show-and-tell event.

Why don't these two drop the pretenses and just join the damned NRA and be done with it?  It's obvious that between the two of them, they're at least ACTING like they want to exercise their constitutional rights to keep and bear arms.  Arms of varying types, no less.

CJ
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top