The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence
The Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence
1225 Eye Street, NW, Suite 1100
Washington, DC 20005

Brady Campaign Phone: (202) 898-0792
Brady Campaign Fax: (202) 371-9615

Brady Center Phone: (202) 289-7319
Brady Center Fax: (202) 408-1851

To contact the Legal Action Project of The Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence, please write, call or fax to:

The Legal Action Project
of The Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence
1250 Eye Street, Suite 802
Washington, DC 20005

LAP Phone: (202) 289-7319
LAP Web Site: www.gunlawsuits.org

Ask her:

"My understanding is that sarah brady has purchased a "high powered sniper rifle" for her son thru an illegal straw purchase. Can you confirm this for me????"

(See the parallel thread)

Link Posted: 3/22/2002 8:34:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Consider it done.

I just don't know how I'm going to keep my composure and not call them a bunch of elitist hypocrites.[pissed]
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 8:43:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Spoke with Amy Stillwell at Brady Campaign:

Text follows:

Me: Can you confirm or deny that Mrs. Brady performed a straw purchase of a firearm for her son?

Her: Are you with the media?

Me: No, I'm just an interested citizen.

Her: I can tell you that this story is absolutely false.  Mrs. Brady did purchase a hunting gun for her son for Christmas since he had specifically asked for one.  This purchase was in compliance with all applicable law, and this just goes to show that we're not the gun-banners that you say we are.  

Me: What about Del-

Her: Thanks a million for your time, we appreciate your call.

Hm.  Guess she didn't want to discuss the obvious hypocrisy inherent in her position.

QS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top