Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/16/2010 5:00:10 PM EDT
They must have cut this deal to get him to ante up on where Amber's body was.

Linky
John Gardner pleads guilty to the murders of Amber Dubois and Chelsea King (video)

John Gardner
Sex offender John Gardner made a court appearance today and plead guilty to the murders of 14-year-old Amber Dubois and 17-year-old Chelsea King. Due to the terms of the plea deal, John Gardner will not face the death penalty, nor is he allowed to file any appeals. According to the San Diego County District Attorney Bonnie Dumanis, it was John Gardner who led authorities to the remains of Amber Dubois. He also stated that he kidnapped, raped, and stabbed the young girl to death. He confessed to kidnapping Chelsea King, raping her and strangling her to death.

John Gardner will be sentenced on June 1, 2010.
Amber Dubois Photos

According to Prosecutor Kristen Spieler, the families of both Amber Dubois and Chelsea King agreed to the plea deal.

Chelsea King Photos

John Gardner was a convicted sex offender who had violated his parole yet was never returned to prison. John Gardner faces two consecutive life sentences and an additional 33 years to life for assaulting a female jogger.

Reports by LaJolla Light state that Gardner was offered the deal to spare the victim’s families from the painful ordeal of a trial.

Link Posted: 4/16/2010 5:02:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Hanging is what he deserves.
Link Posted: 4/16/2010 5:02:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Good news to read, Doc.  Glad to see there will be justice.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/16/2010 5:05:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I hope there's a rusty dull shank awaiting him in general population in the near future.
Link Posted: 4/16/2010 5:06:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Hopefully his prison stay is a short and violent one.
Link Posted: 4/16/2010 5:06:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'm not sure if it is good news.  It does put an end to this.  I would have preferred they fry his ass.  

Link Posted: 4/16/2010 5:08:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I hope there's a rusty dull shank awaiting him in general population in the near future.

We can only hope he spends some time in general population.

Link Posted: 4/16/2010 5:08:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

We can only hope he spends some time in general population.

He will and he'll get his due.
Link Posted: 4/16/2010 5:20:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Now he'll live out the rest of his life in prison on the tax payer's dime, in relative comfort that most free third world citizens can only dream of. Thank god for progressives and no CA death penalty. Heaven forbid this piece of filth is actually removed from society permanently.  

This guy shold be pulled apart slowly, limb from limb.
Link Posted: 4/16/2010 5:26:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Is it wrong to hope he suffers the same fate as his victims?

Link Posted: 4/16/2010 5:27:59 PM EDT
[#10]
I would prefer he was put to death, but the reality here in Cali is he would most likely just sit there on death row for the rest of his life anyway.

At least this way there's closure for Amber's family because her remains were recovered.  It's also cheaper not to have him on death row.

In my world, justice would mean he was executed about 10 minutes after he admitted his guilt and his remains dropped out in the desert for the buzzards to eat.

Link Posted: 4/16/2010 5:28:32 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm hoping for prison justice.

A nice sharp shiv to the liver, maybe have his eyes torn out or his dick chopped off.

Prosecutors should break their promise not to seek the death penalty, actually.  I'll go with that instead.
Link Posted: 4/16/2010 5:33:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

While I am glad he got caught, this is NOT justice.

Justice would be strangling him just like he strangled those girls.

Not him sitting around in some comfy ass cell living off the taxpayers dollar the rest of his damn life eating three square meals a day and playing fucking monopoly.

(edited for grammar and better syntax)
Link Posted: 4/16/2010 5:35:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

While I am glad he got caught. Justice, however, would be strangling him just like he strangled those girls.

+1
Link Posted: 4/16/2010 5:51:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not sure if it is good news.  It does put an end to this.  I would have preferred they fry his ass.  

Did the family have a "say" in this "deal"? Or were they shut-out of the deal?
Link Posted: 4/16/2010 5:54:03 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

In my world, justice would mean he was executed about 10 minutes after he admitted his guilt and his remains dropped out in the desert for the buzzards to eat.

That's kind of cruel.

For the buzzards, I mean.

Link Posted: 4/16/2010 5:54:15 PM EDT
[#16]
John Gardner was a convicted sex offender who had violated his parole yet was never returned to prison.

Link Posted: 4/16/2010 5:54:39 PM EDT
[#17]
This guy needs to be fed to those 2 Ukranian kids..

Link Posted: 4/16/2010 5:54:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

No, the wrath of the parents is what he deserves.

Someone should go Sam Fisher on his ass.
Link Posted: 4/16/2010 5:58:01 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

They must have cut this deal to get him to ante up on where Amber's body was.

Linky

John Gardner pleads guilty to the murders of Amber Dubois and Chelsea King (video)

John Gardner

Sex offender John Gardner made a court appearance today and plead guilty to the murders of 14-year-old Amber Dubois and 17-year-old Chelsea King. Due to the terms of the plea deal, John Gardner will not face the death penalty, nor is he allowed to file any appeals. According to the San Diego County District Attorney Bonnie Dumanis, it was John Gardner who led authorities to the remains of Amber Dubois. He also stated that he kidnapped, raped, and stabbed the young girl to death. He confessed to kidnapping Chelsea King, raping her and strangling her to death.

John Gardner will be sentenced on June 1, 2010.

Amber Dubois Photos

According to Prosecutor Kristen Spieler, the families of both Amber Dubois and Chelsea King agreed to the plea deal.

Chelsea King Photos

John Gardner was a convicted sex offender who had violated his parole yet was never returned to prison. John Gardner faces two consecutive life sentences and an additional 33 years to life for assaulting a female jogger.

Reports by LaJolla Light state that Gardner was offered the deal to spare the victim’s families from the painful ordeal of a trial.

Business as usual in the SD courts.  Glad he is not going to be released AGAIN.....  He should be executed.

Link Posted: 4/16/2010 6:07:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, the wrath of the parents is what he deserves.

Someone should go Sam Fisher on his ass.

this.

I'm glad he'll have no appeals.  I'm glad he'll have to live with the fact that he'll never have any sort of freedom again.  I hate that he gets even one more moment to breathe.  

I hope he gets gen pop.
Link Posted: 4/16/2010 6:30:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

That's too good for him. Needs a slooooow agonizing death.
Link Posted: 4/16/2010 6:47:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

A nice sharp shiv to the liver, maybe have his eyes torn out or his dick chopped off.

Prosecutors should break their promise not to seek the death penalty, actually.  I'll go with that instead.

Yeah, I like seeing guys like this get some steel in them.  Doesn't happen as much as people think, but sometimes we get lucky.  

Link Posted: 4/16/2010 9:11:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

He will be sodomized for the rest of his short pathetic life by prisoners after they find out what he did, then he will probably be shanked.

Raped and murdered, poetic justice.

Piece of shit is gonna be begging for the needle.
Link Posted: 4/16/2010 9:12:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Now he'll live out the rest of his life in prison on the tax payer's dime, in relative comfort that most free third world citizens can only dream of. Thank god for progressives and no CA death penalty. Heaven forbid this piece of filth is actually removed from society permanently.  

We DO have a death penalty in Cali!  

Link Posted: 4/16/2010 9:14:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Fucking savage. I hope he trips and falls on a broken toothbrush sixty or seventy times in the joint.
Link Posted: 4/16/2010 9:14:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow, if this animal can murder to young girls and not get the death penalty, what does it take??????
Link Posted: 4/16/2010 9:16:56 PM EDT
[#27]
He deserves to die but getting the body of the other girl plus no chance of ever getting out is acceptable to me.

Link Posted: 4/16/2010 9:25:34 PM EDT
[#28]
He deserves nothing less than burning in a fire....it'll prepare him for his future.

HH
Link Posted: 4/16/2010 9:31:56 PM EDT
[#29]
RIP Amber Dubois and Chelsea King.

I hope that bastard Gardner burns in hell.

I wonder if there are any more victims of this monster.

Link Posted: 4/16/2010 10:05:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Damn I remember your thread about Chelsea King but hadn't heard he killed the other girl also.  WTF
Link Posted: 4/16/2010 10:17:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Doc - I know you were personally invested in this, and I hope this gives you and yours whatever closure you may find.

For everybody else who thinks this shithead will be necessarily targeted by other inmates - you are wrong.

Not all that long ago, sex offenders and child murderers were regularly assaulted, suffered all kinds of brutal injuries and sometimes even death, at the hands of other inmates. That is, by and large, simply not the case anymore.

Two components exist that changed these events. First, as prison design has evolved, there are fewer and smaller areas in which a planned assault may take place. They still happen, but not nearly as often, nor with as much time to commit them.

Second - and this is the bigger reason of the two - the percentage of inmates with sex offense convictions has skyrocketed over the years. And whereas such inmates were rare and held in contempt by your average armed robber or burglar back then (and therefore much more likely to be attacked, and less likely to have friends and associates for protection), this percentage is sufficiently large to where it is nearly common.

These types of offenders quickly befriend those with similar track records; they congregate and network with blatant ease. They form impromptu mutual support/admiration leagues, not only for their common interests, but for survival. They damned sure stay in touch when they gate, too.

They still get attacked - the Aryan Nation is one prison gang that suffers no kiddie killers or child rapists gladly, and an LWOP inmate has little to lose anyway - but the "inmate justice" of yesteryear is fading fast.
Link Posted: 4/16/2010 10:24:03 PM EDT
[#32]
the "inmate justice" of yesteryear is fading fast.

And that's a fuckin' shame.

For many people, it was the one chance they had left to hope for actually having justice served.  There are dozens of families who got robbed of justice when Gary Ridgeway got a plea bargain that spared him the noose.
Link Posted: 4/16/2010 10:25:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Son of a bitch deserves death, not life in prison.
Link Posted: 4/16/2010 10:31:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Speaking as a Californian, and a San Diegan, no, I would never want that.  This poor, misunderstood man should never go through something that harsh...

...because frankly, it simply wouldn't be savage enough.  Vivisection springs to mind...

And we DO have the death penalty here in Kali, despite the best efforts of the America haters/liberal shitards.  Remember, "Tookie" Williams bit the big one, right there in San Fran Freakshow, despite Hollyweird libtards stumping for him.  Like Jeffrey Dahmer, I hope God will tell some inmate to "send him home", where he will burn for a while.
Link Posted: 4/16/2010 10:33:28 PM EDT
[#35]
They should just release him––in Death Valley.  In July.
Link Posted: 4/16/2010 10:34:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
the "inmate justice" of yesteryear is fading fast.

And that's a fuckin' shame.

For many people, it was the one chance they had left to hope for actually having justice served.  There are dozens of families who got robbed of justice when Gary Ridgeway got a plea bargain that spared him the noose.

Damn right it's a shame. I hope no one misinterprets my post above as taking the sides of fuckers like this. I'm just sayin' - ain't what it used to be.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 6:05:01 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow, if this animal can murder to young girls and not get the death penalty, what does it take??????

They had enough evidence to convict him on Chelsea's murder.  The parents of Chelsea agreed to the plea so the guy would lead them to the body of Amber, giving Amber's parents some closure.  Otherwise, the murder of Amber would have gone unsolved.....leaving her parents languishing.  Pretty righteous of Chelsea's parent.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 6:10:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Fox Linky
ARTICLECOMMENTS (25)Updated April 17, 2010
Parents of Murdered Calif. Teen Make Tough Call, Accept Plea Deal
Associated Press
Chelsea King's parents decided to settle for life in prison and a guilty plea of murder from the sex offender charged with raping and killing their daughter and a 14-year-old girl, rather than insist on the death penalty. The Kings agreed to the deal because they wanted to spare their son the strife of continuing litigation as well as provide the other teen's grieving family a measure of peace.

PRINTEMAILSHARE RECOMMEND (0)    
AP

April 16: John Albert Gardner attends a status conference in Superior Court in San Diego, Calif., where he plead guilty to both counts of murder in the cases of Amber Dubois and Chelsey King.

SAN DIEGO –– The parents of Chelsea King faced a torturous decision.

Should they insist that prosecutors seek the death penalty against a man charged with raping and murdering their 17-year-old daughter? Or do they settle for life in prison in exchange for his plea of guilty to the murders of their child and a 14-year-old girl whose killing would have otherwise gone unresolved?

John Albert Gardner III pleaded guilty Friday to raping and murdering both Chelsea and Amber Dubois in a plea agreement that called for life in prison and he would reveal details about how they vanished and died. He also waived his rights to appeal.

Chelsea's parents said they agreed to the deal because they wanted to spare their son the strife of continuing litigation as well as provide Amber's grieving family a measure of peace.

"The Dubois family has been through unthinkable hell the past 14 months," Brent King said at the news conference, reading a joint statement with his wife, Kelly. "We couldn't imagine the confession to Amber's murder never seeing the light of day, leaving an eternal question mark."

Prosecutors said they were confident they could win a conviction against Gardner in Chelsea's death but conceded Friday that they didn't have enough evidence in Amber's killing.

After Gardner, a 31-year-old registered sex offender, was arrested in Chelsea's death in late February, he was named a suspect in the death of Amber, who vanished while walking to school on Feb. 13, 2009.

Gardner led authorities to Amber's bones on condition that prosecutors couldn't use that information against him. They would have to build a case on their own.

At the news conference after Friday's hearing, San Diego County District Attorney Bonnie Dumanis said investigators tried to connect Gardner to Amber's death independently of his confession but were unable to.

"Accepting this plea has been an extremely difficult decision," she told reporters. "We have the evidence to pursue a murder charge against the defendant for Chelsea's murder but not for Amber's murder."

Even if prosecutors rejected the deal, the King family would have had to endure decades of appeals if he was convicted and sentenced to die, Dumanis said.

Maurice Dubois, Amber's father, also appeared at the news conference with Amber's mother and the Kings and thanked law enforcement in a brief statement. He said he was surprised by "this turn of events in the case," which he learned about Thursday.

Amber's case had produced few promising leads since she was last seen near Escondido High School, only about 10 miles north of where Chelsea disappeared. Amber, a Future Farmers of America member, went to school with a $200 check to buy a lamb. It was never cashed.

Chelsea King, a straight-A, college-bound student, disappeared on a run Feb. 25 in a San Diego park. Gardner admitted in court that he attacked her and dragged her to a remote area where he raped and strangled her within an hour. He buried her in a shallow, lakeside grave.

Gardner was arrested three days later outside a Mexican restaurant in suburban Escondido. He was linked to the killing through DNA found on Chelsea's clothing.

Gardner also pleaded guilty Friday to attempting to rape a woman Dec. 27 near the spot where Chelsea King vanished. The woman escaped.

He is scheduled to be sentenced June 1. Defense attorneys left the courtroom without speaking to reporters.

The deaths stirred strong emotions in San Diego and across the nation because Gardner served five years of a six-year-sentence for molesting a 13-year-old neighbor in 2000. Under a plea agreement, he could have been spent nearly 11 years in prison and a court-appointed psychiatrist strongly urged the maximum penalty allowed by law.

Gardner also committed several violations while on parole until September 2008 but was not sent back to prison.

The Kings are campaigning for "Chelsea's Law" in California, which would send some child molesters to prison for life after a first conviction and monitor others with tracking technology until they die.

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 6:24:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 6:30:51 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Imagine, for a moment, what LIFE in prison will be like. Imagine 10, 20 30, 40 years in the same cell. I submit that this is pretty severe punishment. Yes, he gets to "live". Big deal. This animal has been removed from society which is our primary concern, and nothing we can do in this life will be adequate punishment anyway. He will have to deal with God later.

Certainly life in prison would be no picnic, however, I believe I could find some way to become comfortable and entertain myself in prison.

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 6:32:08 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 6:38:56 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 7:15:48 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wrong on the no death penalty. You may be thinking of your state of New Jersey or possibly New Mexico ...

New Mexico repealed its death penalty statute on March 17, 2009, becoming the second state (after New Jersey) to abolish the death penalty since executions resumed in 1976.

California Capital offenses

The penal code provides for possible capital punishment in:

Treason against the state of California, defined as levying war against the state, adhering to its enemies, or giving them aid and comfort.
Perjury causing execution of an innocent person (you can get the death penalty for lying here!)
Train wrecking which leads to a person's death. (which recently happened)
First-degree murder with special circumstances
         o for financial gain
         o the defendant had previously been convicted of first or second degree murder
         o multiple murders
         o committed using explosives
         o to avoid arrest or aiding in escaping custody
         o the victim was an on-duty peace officer; federal law enforcement officer or agent; or firefighter
         o the victim was a witness to a crime and the murder was committed to prevent them from testifying
         o the victim was a prosecutor or assistant prosecutor; judge or former judge; elected or appointed official; juror; and the murder was in retaliation for the victim's official duties
         o the murder was "especially heinous, atrocious, or cruel, manifesting exceptional depravity"
         o the murderer lay in wait for the victim
         o the victim was intentionally killed because of their race, religion, nationality, or country of origin
         o the murder was committed during the commissioning of robbery; kidnapping; rape; sodomy; performance of a lewd or lascivious act upon the person of a child under the age of 14 years; oral copulation; burglary; arson; train wrecking; mayhem; rape by instrument; carjacking; torture; poisoning
         o the murder was intentional and involved the infliction of torture
         o poisoning
         o the murder was committed by discharging a firearm from a motor vehicle
         o the defendant is an active member of a criminal street gang and was to further the activities of the gang

Has the Moratorium been lifted? Last I knew a judge in Cali ruled it unconstitutional but the law could be fixed.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 7:17:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Drawn and quartered first................let him suffer a bit before he is burned alive

Quoted:
He deserves nothing less than burning in a fire....it'll prepare him for his future.

HH

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 7:18:30 AM EDT
[#45]
Life in prison okay but without arms
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 7:29:39 AM EDT
[#46]
I think that thoughts and prayers need to be with the King and DuBois families...the Kings agreed to this so that Amber's family could bring their daughter home and have some closure.

Both families have endured the unimaginable.

The California penal system allowed Gardiner to take those two precious girls away from the world in a horrific, brutal matter.

The state employees who let this monster slip through the cracks need to be held accountable.  CHANGING THE RULES TO PREVENT FURTHER MISTAKES IS NOT ENOUGH.  The people who were directly responsible for Gardiner remaining free after violating his parole again and again need to be made an example of.  His family that enablesdhis violations and continued behavior need to be made examples of.

The only thing now is the question of whether Gardiner has other victims out there.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 7:45:49 AM EDT
[#47]
I am glad this animal has been put away.  

I am sad he did not get the death penalty, but the resolution of the other girl's murder is probably? worth it.

I am infuriated that they ever let this fuckhead out of jail and did not run him down when he violated his parole.

I swear we are morally broke as a nation.

I am the father of two daughters.  I will pray for these girls and the familys.

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 8:06:10 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
...I am infuriated that they ever let this fuckhead out of jail and did not run him down when he violated his parole.

Yes.  The murders of those two girls did not have to happen.

I can't help wondering what other crimes the guy did, and got away with.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 1:04:41 AM EDT
[#49]
In the other thread (locked now), I said our death penalty is in name only and we only execute 2-3 prisoners every 15 years. This is wrong. Before 1990 this was mostly true, but since then the numbers have increased.

According to Wiki, "A total of 13 individuals convicted of murder have been executed by the state of California since 1976. The first two executions were by gas chamber; all subsequent executions were by lethal injection."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_punishment_in_California

I am mostly against the death penalty (Not because I think capital punishment is wrong, but because I have lost faith in the system over the years.), but a death penalty appears to have one benefit: Even if they are never executed, life on death row has to be way more fucked than on the general cell block. I guess they get one hour execise and the other 23 are in the cell, and there is little contact with other inmates. That has to suck.

As far as this John Gardner guy, his plea bargain is a perfect example of what is wrong with our system. Maybe it saves the state some money, but this guy should never have the option of freedom. As it it, he may be out in 32 years, correct?
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 1:19:48 AM EDT
[#50]
I glad he was caught.................but I really dont want to feed and house this worthless slag for the next few decades .

Isnt there somewhere we can donate to the " Shank A Slag "  fund
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top