Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2002 8:13:24 PM EDT
And he asked me to tell everyone that things are looking up. He has been having an ongoing family problem & it just came to a head the other night. He believes everything can be worked out & I truely hope they can be, and I'm sure that everyone else here does as well.

He was in good spirits & is very much looking forward to going the BRC & meeting everyone!!!

Scott also wanted me to convey his appreciation for all of the prayers & kind words from all of us in our extended family, they really do help!!!

One bit of bad news though, his only computer access is from work & last Saturday he got busted surfing our site & now has his history monitored so it may be awhile before he can come back to visit.
He can still use his email account to keep in touch with those who wish to.

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 6:47:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
One bit of bad news though, his only computer access is from work & last Saturday he got busted surfing our site & now has his history monitored so it may be awhile before he can come back to visit.
He can still use his email account to keep in touch with those who wish to.
View Quote

Yes, but sometimes people forget to log off their machines when they leave for the weekend, and I get to stay in touch with my friends on [b]their[/b] accounts.  [:D]

Thank you all for your prayers and support!

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 7:29:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
He was in good spirits....snip
View Quote

What a gentle euphemism....

I was in good spirits, alright...

[beer] [beer] [beer] [beer] [beer]
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 7:36:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Yes, but sometimes people forget to log off their machines when they leave for the weekend, and I get to stay in touch with my friends on [b]their[/b] accounts.  [:D]

Careful there!  Your employer may be paying more attention than you think, and not monitoring your PC itself, but monitoring the log of the proxy server you undoubtedly go through to get out on the web.  

If they start to see "ar15.com" showing up in the logs, and they know (you got busted for it, remember) that you're the only one in the office that visits it, take a look at time records to see that you were in the facility (and the person whose machine you were at wasn't!) it could get REALLY sticky for you.
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 7:43:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Careful there!  Your employer may be paying more attention than you think, and not monitoring your PC itself, but monitoring the log of the proxy server you undoubtedly go through to get out on the web.  

If they start to see "ar15.com" showing up in the logs, and they know (you got busted for it, remember) that you're the only one in the office that visits it, take a look at time records to see that you were in the facility (and the person whose machine you were at wasn't!) it could get REALLY sticky for you.
View Quote

Thanks for your concern but I left out a couple of important details that should put your mind at ease.  I was under "suspicion" because someone noticed an application getting minimized quickly when they walked in the room.  When asked our IT guy about the logs, he cleaned everything up before he printed out the reports.  (He's a close pal of mine [:D] )  After that they removed internet access from my machine.  There's no trail....but thanks for your concern.

[beer]

-kid
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top