Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2002 8:36:43 PM EDT
Just curious if anyone on here hunts coyotes out in the eastern Washington area. Just got my first AR-15 up and running, and I'd realy like to field test her, but :( I've never hunted before.

Regards.
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 8:43:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I have done that near a town called twisp. It is a great time. Have a good tape of a ribbit in distress. Play it on your truck stereo system. have a spotter with a good set of feild glasses and a full mag as they come in quick[:)]
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 8:44:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I have hunted coyotes for about ten years now in the area between Moses Lake and George, where in eastern Washington are you planing to hunt? Do you want to call them or stalk them?

Kyle
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 9:22:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Kyle,
  I'm in Pullman, as to where I plan on hunting them? You know, I havnt the slightest idea. I dont even know what the season for them is or what tags are required. I've lived out here for eight years but I dont know any people with more than a few acres out here. I do some shooting out on Potlach timber land in Idaho, but its heavily wooded and its in a state of which I am not a resident.

As for stalking VS calling- probably start out by calling and then move to stalking. It seems to me as it would be easier, but once again, I've no idea.

Thanks for your responce.

Ryan
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 10:03:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Stalking can be damn near impossible, and I normally only do it when it is really windy. Calling is definately the way to go.

You can get a cheap hand call and really do well, but I prefer an electric call because you can set the speaker out away from you giving you more freedom to move because they are looking toward the noise, not you. A member here named FALfire posted recently about how to make one much cheaper than what I payed for my Johnny Stewart caller.

For places to hunt look in old issues of Washington Fishing and Hunting News. They have written about a lot of places around Spokane and Pullman for public hunting. The great thing about coyotes is that they are just as easily found on public ground as private.

If you need a hunting partner I am going to school at Gonzaga. I don't have a weapon up here, but I'll call them in so you can shoot them (one of the most effective mouth calling BTW).

Kyle
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top