Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2002 8:08:46 PM EDT
Ok this is my own fault for renting it but, I don't think I am going to be able to finish watching it.  Now I know more than one have you seen this masterpiece.  Is there any reason I should finish watching it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 8:12:52 PM EDT
[#1]
No.  

Watched it at a friends house.  I'll say nothing else but, NO.
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 8:12:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, you could brag about having seen it to your friends...Oh...No wait, almost forgot. No, you can't.[:D]

Juggernaut
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 8:16:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Ok this is my own fault for renting it but, I don't think I am going to be able to finish watching it.  Now I know more than one have you seen this masterpiece.  Is there any reason I should finish watching it.
View Quote

If you have not seen all of his movies then it will suck. I liked it!! It's not as good a Clerks but there was a lot of jokes made in there that pertained to his other movies.

1. Clerks
2. Mall rats
3. Chasing Amy
4. Dogma
5. Jay and silent Bob strike back
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 8:36:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, I have to agree with this one:  You need to be a Kevin Smith fan to really enjoy it, because its basically a(n) homage to all of his other movies.  Other than that, it's got some funny moments, but nothing to write home about.

If drugs, foul language, overt blasphemy, gutter humor, sex jokes, even more sex jokes, astonishingly phrased sexual references, REALLY overt blasphemy, Matt Damon, and Ben Afflec offend you, you probably not only should not finish watching the movie, but burn the video/DVD.

On the other hand, if you want what amounts to Seinfeld with four letter words and far more entertaining actors, see Clerks--it's worth it.

Then you can wade through the rest of his movies (all of which are slightly intertwined) and watch J&SBSB again--it'll make more sense.

Note: If you think organized religion is a great thing (especially if you're a roman catholic) avoid Dogma. :)
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 8:45:31 PM EDT
[#5]
If you didnt like Clerks, Mall Rats, Chasing Amy, and Dogma you wont like this one.

I liked them all.
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 8:47:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 8:51:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Well seeing that I haven't seen any of the above, I have moved on to American Pie 2.
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 8:57:40 PM EDT
[#8]
All,

Don't cheat yourself out of some of the funniest stuff ever filmed.

Kevin Smith's movies are VERY funny; it's too bad that you saw "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back" first.  Like the other guys said, you really, really have to watch them in order to get the full impact (especially from JSBSB).

Some people balk at "Dogma." If you're Catholic, you may not like it, or, like me, you'll think it's hilarious.

Enjoy!
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 9:00:32 PM EDT
[#9]
If you weren't laughing hard enough you weren't quite [b]high[/b] enough. [8P]
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 3:30:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Clerks was awful and each of his movies was worse than its predecessor.

Link Posted: 3/19/2002 3:51:14 AM EDT
[#11]
I loved it, and I have only seen "Dogma" & "Clerks", especially teh Scooby Doo scene.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 4:02:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 4:56:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 5:00:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Mark Hammill has the funniest damn cameo near the end.  I guess all those years of doing the joker's voice on the Batman cartoon had an effect on him....  [:)]
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 11:18:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
This is supposed to be the last of this series with these characters
View Quote

I'd heard that as well, but this is apparently untrue.  Supposedly there is a film in production called "Clerks 2: Sell Out" in which Dante and Randall decide to make an ultra-cheap black and white film about their experiences at the Quick-Stop.  Jason Mewes and Kevin Smith are credited as J&SB.

And yeah, the Scooby Doo scene was killer, and the Mark Hamil cameo was downright hysterical.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 2:22:04 PM EDT
[#16]
it's decent
way better than clerks, not as funny as dogma
almost done with chasing amy, it's probably about as funny as jay and silent bob
clerks is overrated. not bad, but not as hilarious as it is made out to be
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 3:32:46 PM EDT
[#17]
1GUNRUNNER said
"Well seeing that I haven't seen any of the above, I have moved on to American Pie 2."

The first American Pie is better overall I think but AP2 has much more Alison Hannigan (this one time, at band camp....) Cute Redheads truly are proof of a kind & benevolent Supreme Being.  
Re J&SBSB:  I liked it, but I've liked all the Kevin Smith movies I've seen (haven't seen Chasing Amy yet).  Clerks is probably my fav, if only because at one point in my life I _was_ Dante in his minimart hell.  Like others have said, if you haven't watched & liked any of the other KS movies then Jay & Silent Bob probably won't do much for you.  One other thing in it's favor:  Eliza Dushku!!!  

Link Posted: 3/19/2002 3:39:12 PM EDT
[#18]
I used to think Jay and silent Bob were funny until I realized that they are disgusting liberal fucks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top