Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2002 3:02:57 AM EDT
Anybody know what the gun laws are in the U.S.V.I.?  I searched the net a couldn't find much info..

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 7:21:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes but they have tougher laws than CA. I looked it up some where or mabey wrote letters to find it out. Everything must be registered including the ammunition. I believe reloading components are considered ammunition in and of themselves. I never saw where there was a limit though.
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 8:05:42 AM EDT
[#2]
It's possible, but would be worse than Californistan. What you can get you have to go to the PD and register.

Believe me, if you were living there you would want a gun. They had a hurricane or something back when George Bush Sr. was president and people used it as an excuse to go looting. Get this: The national guard there was called out to restore order... and instead joined in! Bush had to send in the troops and the whole thing was hushed up. People were trying to defend their homes with machetes (those that had them). Don't let that be you!   [BD]
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 8:49:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Shooter, I think that happened in Puerto Rico as well. They had news film of the local PD and Nat guard driving down the street with the back of their patrol car/trucks full of loot, TV's, stereo equipment small appliances, all new in the box. And no, they weren't bringing it to the station house for safe keeping, if I recall the station house was in the other direction.
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 10:43:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Our fellow citizens   [rolleyes]   Is it a republic or an empire?
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 12:01:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yes but they have tougher laws than CA. I looked it up some where or mabey wrote letters to find it out. Everything must be registered including the ammunition. I believe reloading components are considered ammunition in and of themselves. I never saw where there was a limit though.
View Quote

Yes. After arriving you have 30 days (IIRC) to register everything.

R35

(Few do)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top