Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2010 9:52:27 AM EDT
Or have I NOT seen something posted here that discussed the shooting accuracy of CCL holders vs police officers?

Link Posted: 3/11/2010 9:55:18 AM EDT
[#1]
So the choice is:

A) You're crazy
B) You have not seen something posted here that discussed the shooting accuracy of CCL holders vs police officers

Since I do not know what you may or may not have seen, I am going with A.

IBTP
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 9:55:55 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Or have I NOT seen something posted here that discussed the shooting accuracy of CCL holders vs police officers?

Get both. I'll find it.

Link Posted: 3/11/2010 9:56:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes, you are crazy.
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 9:56:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So the choice is:

A) You're crazy
B) You have not seen something posted here that discussed the shooting accuracy of CCL holders vs police officers

IBTP

I can respect that.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 9:57:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Get both. I'll find it.

Link Posted: 3/11/2010 9:57:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Knew I shouldn't have worded it that way.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 9:58:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
So the choice is:

A) You're crazy

IBTP

I can respect that.  

Also. I had to do this.
Do with it what you will.

Link Posted: 3/11/2010 10:03:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So the choice is:

A) You're crazy

IBTP

I can respect that.  

Also. I had to do this.

http://nullbits.foxxz.net/albums/Icons/NOOOOOOOOOOOO.jpg

Yeah, I've had to explain before that the name is one I took before I ever joined here.  It doesn't technically say "OnlineAtAR15AllTheTime" does it?  

Link Posted: 3/11/2010 10:06:37 AM EDT
[#9]
One article is "Gun Control and the Subway Class," Wall Street Journal, Jan. 10, 1985" but I can't find it published online.

Link Posted: 3/11/2010 10:09:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Am I crazy?

Are you a woman?

No, just kidding... But yes, IIRC, it's something like CCW'ers > Crooks > Cops... in terms of shots/hits ratio.

I'm looking for the cite too.
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 10:10:47 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So the choice is:

A) You're crazy

IBTP

I can respect that.  

Also. I had to do this.

He's probably from East Texas which doesn't really count.

Link Posted: 3/11/2010 10:12:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So the choice is:

A) You're crazy

IBTP

I can respect that.  

Also. I had to do this.

You telling me you looked at that close-up and still think I'm a *he?*  Hmmmmm.......

But yes.....SE TX.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 10:13:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Oh, and thanks for looking!  I thought maybe it was in the 2.5 million Defensive Gun Uses per year article but skimmed over it and didn't see it.  Maybe I missed it.  I'll go recheck and pay more attention.
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 10:15:57 AM EDT
[#14]
All I know is that if you dont like Boondock Saints, your thoughts and opinions dont matter.

Link Posted: 3/11/2010 10:17:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
All I know is that if you dont like Boondock Saints, your thoughts and opinions dont matter.

Add to that the fact that I'm a woman and I'm surprised I'm allowed on the site at all!

Link Posted: 3/11/2010 10:18:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Add to that the fact that I'm a woman and I'm surprised I'm allowed on the site at all!

Well thats just ridiculous, I love women!
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 10:19:02 AM EDT
[#17]
I found this in the Kleck article I mentioned:  Low as it is, even an 8% wounding rate is probably too high, both because of the censoring of less serious cases, which in this context would be cases without a wounding, and because the survey did not establish how Rs knew they had wounded someone. We suspect that in incidents where the offender left without being captured, some Rs remembered with favor" their marksmanship and assumed they had hit their adversaries. If 8.3% really hit their adversaries, and a total of 15.6% fired at their adversaries, this would imply a 53% (8.3/15.6) "incident hit rate," a level of combat marksmanship far exceeding that typically observed even among police officers. In a review of fifteen reports, police officers inflicted at least one gunshot wound on at least one adversary in 37% of the incidents in which they intentionally fired at someone.[78] A 53% hit rate would also be triple the 18% hit rate of criminals shooting at crime victims.[79] Therefore, we believe that even the rather modest 8.3% wounding rate we found is probably too high, and that typical DGUs are less serious or dramatic in their consequences than our data suggest. In any case, the 8.3% figure was produced by just seventeen sample cases in which Rs reported that they wounded an offender.

but it doesn't help debate-wise because it's all survey answers of gun owners.  I was hoping for something more concrete.
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 10:19:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well thats just ridiculous, I love women!

Just not ones who hate Boondock Saints?  
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 10:22:30 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So the choice is:

A) You're crazy

IBTP

I can respect that.  

Also. I had to do this.

You telling me you looked at that close-up and still think I'm a *he?*  Hmmmmm.......

But yes.....SE TX.  

I make no assumptions of gender on the internet.  

I keep hoping one day Femgungirl will turn out to be some 400 pound Samoan dude posting from a minimum security prison somewhere, just to laugh at the anguish of the leg humpers.  

As for your location: He shoots!  He SCORES!  

Link Posted: 3/11/2010 10:22:39 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Oh, and thanks for looking!  I thought maybe it was in the 2.5 million Defensive Gun Uses per year article but skimmed over it and didn't see it.  Maybe I missed it.  I'll go recheck and pay more attention.

Here's a web page with statistics from some of Donald Kates' books, but it is from 1985.

http://www.skepticfiles.org/ezine/firearms.htm

Link Posted: 3/11/2010 10:26:50 AM EDT
[#21]
A does not preclude B.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top