Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2010 5:39:05 PM EDT
This was my first pistol I ever owned.  S&W 22A, super accurate and it ate anything I fed it, but I always wished I got the 22S which is stainless.  Anyway 3 years ago it quit firing even though you could hear the hammer drop.  At the time I couldn't be bothered sending it in, and then other shit came up.  Anyway, went to clean it up before I send it into S&W, took the grips off and guess what I find.  How the f*** this could happen I have no idea, the gun has never been dropped, or abused in any way.  I dunno, just thought I'd share.  I wonder if they ship me a entirely new pistol if it'll have to go through an ffl.  If you want post gun KB, epic failures etc.  

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 5:45:42 PM EDT
[#1]
replace it with a Ruger MkII
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 5:47:19 PM EDT
[#2]
S&W will replace it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 5:47:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I could fix that.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 5:48:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
replace it with a Ruger MkII

Sentimental attachment to me.  Plus it's not like I rely on it for self defense so if something screws up on it I really don't mind.  Smith and Wesson's warranty should take care of everything.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top