Page / 3
Posted: 3/8/2010 12:06:38 PM EDT
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100308/ap_en_ot/us_people_lil_wayne

OMG; a loaded gun.

Lil Wayne begins year jail term in NYC gun case
AP

38 mins ago

NEW YORK –
Lil Wayne was sentenced Monday to a year in jail in New York City for having a loaded gun on his tour bus in 2007, then was taken away in handcuffs to begin his term immediately.

The Grammy Award-winning rapper, born Dwayne Carter, was sentenced in Manhattan after pleading guilty in October to attempted criminal possession of a weapon. He admitted having the loaded .40-caliber semiautomatic gun on his tour bus.

The rapper will serve his sentence in city jails, not a state prison. He could be released in about eight months with good behavior.

Before Monday's court appearance, it had proved difficult to actually begin Lil Wayne's agreed-upon sentence.

First, the rap star's sentencing was postponed in February so he could undergo surgery on his bejeweled teeth. Then, a fire shut down Manhattan's main criminal courthouse while he was on his way there last week.

Lil Wayne has been one of music's most prolific and profitable figures in recent years. His "Tha Carter III" was the best-selling album of 2008. His latest album, "Rebirth," was released last month.

Facing jail with his career in full throttle, Lil Wayne has prepared with a burst of work and farewell shows and videos for fans. He said in a video clip sent last week to MTV News that he shot footage for seven music videos with various artists in one night over the weekend.

He told Rolling Stone for a story last month that he planned to keep working while behind bars.

"I'll be still rapping in there, have a gang of raps ready when I come back home," he said.

With good behavior, he could be released in about eight months.

City jail officials haven't said where the multiplatinum-selling artist will be housed among their roughly 13,000 inmates. His lawyer has said she plans to ask for protective custody out of concern for his safety and health following his extended oral surgeries.

In NYC; you plead "attempted criminal possession of a weapon" when they catch you with a gun but they don't want you to serve a heavier sentence as mandated by NYC gun law.

If you are caught with 3 or more unregistered firearms in your home Bloomberg's latest gun law calls for a mandatory 8 year sentence.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 12:11:12 PM EDT
[#1]

i may not like rap music but that's horseshit

he should have fought NYC bs gun laws

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 12:13:22 PM EDT
[#2]
If I remember it wasn't clean, too bad because he'd have the means to fight the stupid law.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 12:13:58 PM EDT
[#3]
As fucked up as their laws are, its good to see a rapper get the same fucking from the justice system as an average joe.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 12:15:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I know everyone here is going to celebrate a rapper being put in jail, but if you actually consider the facts of the case, it's a little scary.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 12:15:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn, he was just trying to keep it real.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 12:19:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 12:19:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I know everyone here is going to celebrate a rapper being put in jail, but if you actually consider the facts of the case, it's a little scary.

I certainly didn't start this thread to gloat.

NYC gun laws are oppressive.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 12:22:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 12:22:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Now he has some street cred.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 12:32:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 12:33:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
As fucked up as their laws are, its good to see a rapper get the same fucking from the justice system as an average joe.

These individuals didn't get the same fucking from the justice system as an average Joe:

Robert De Niro; NYC handgun permit

Harvey Keitel; NYC handgun permit

New York Times publisher Arthur Ochs Sulzberger; NYC handgun permit

Don Imus; NYC handgun permit

Bill Cosby; NYC handgun permit

Joan Rivers; NYC handgun permit

Howard Stern ;NYC handgun permit

Tommy Mottola; NYC handgun permit

Donald Trump; NYC handgun permit.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 12:33:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Grammy Award winning rapper just doesn't sound right.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 12:34:12 PM EDT
[#13]
#1 I don't really care about some dumbass crapper.
#2 I hope they stop playing all crap music until he is freed.  Or forever maybe.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 12:34:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Lil Wayne is gonna have to change his name to Big Butthole
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 12:35:42 PM EDT
[#15]
There is no way he will be in general population.

Quoted:

Lil Wayne is gonna have to change his name to Big Butthole

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 12:42:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Who the fuck is "Lil Wayne" and why should I give a rat's ass about him?
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 12:47:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

He is a piece of shit, dirtbag rapper who got himself caught up in NYCs draconian gun laws.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 12:49:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

He is a piece of shit, dirtbag rapper who got himself caught up in NYCs draconian gun laws.

Sounds great, but meet the man before you sling the insults.  He's nothing like his public image.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 12:53:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds great, but meet the man before you sling the insults.  He's nothing like his public image.

Just look at him.  I mean look!!
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 12:55:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Had plenty well before this.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 12:58:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Grammy Award winning rapper just doesn't sound right.

You must not listen to his music.

Quoted:
Quoted:

More ignorance. I suppose you think Larry the Cable Guy is really half retarded too?
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 12:59:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Been arrested in Arizona and Georgia.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 1:04:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Good.

Fucking junkie asshole needs to get locked up.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 1:07:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 1:09:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Been arrested in Arizona and Georgia.

Sounds like you nailed it the first time.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 1:10:09 PM EDT
[#26]
I am amazed at the folks who seem high and mighty and righteous, while having no clue what it is like to walk in a super stars shoes. For you to understand why he does the things he does, you would have to be him. Let that man live HIS life.

Go ahead and cast the first stone.  Sure sounds like a lot of jealous hating going on. I won't get in the particulars of why

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 1:13:23 PM EDT
[#27]
He'll just come back twice as hard once he gets out.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 1:15:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I am amazed at the folks who seem high and mighty and righteous, while having no clue what it is like to walk in a super stars shoes. For you to understand why he does the things he does, you would have to be him. Let that man live HIS life.

Go ahead and cast the first stone.  Sure sounds like a lot of jealous hating going on. I won't get in the particulars of why

LOL
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 1:19:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Was he a convicted felon or on probation?
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 1:21:04 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Beat me to it.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 1:24:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Hopefully some time for some introspection, we need the Lil' Wayne of Tha Carter and Tha Carter II to return, quickly. Not really into the new shit
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 1:25:06 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not really, he cant even go back to his old neighborhood.

Him and The Birdman or whatever he calls himself now burned too many of their own artists including Manny Fresh so they know not to show their face around the hood.

The BG and Turk have mad street cred.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 1:27:40 PM EDT
[#33]
BG and Turk are also not worth a 100 million dollars. I'm just sayin.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Him and The Birdman or whatever he calls himself now burned too many of their own artists including Manny Fresh so they know not to show their face around the hood.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 1:30:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Hope he enjoys the shower friends he's gonna make.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 1:33:57 PM EDT
[#35]
it's good to see people celebrate shitty guns laws just because a rapper is going to jail
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 1:34:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 1:41:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Yup, I am not a fan of rap, but the guy is an entertainer, just like Limbaugh.

Haters don't give a shit what kinda person the dude is, they just don't like the color of his skin.

Plain ole ignorance

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 1:42:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure that's what Scotchy means by "public image."
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 1:43:17 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

BG and Turk are also not worth a 100 million dollars. I'm just sayin.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Money does not equal street cred.

BG and Turk got the short end of the stick, probably broke, Turk is in prison for shooting at a LEO but at least they still have their street cred.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 1:49:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

You see, a pimp's love is different than a square's.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 1:50:36 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are really into this.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 1:55:48 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are really into this.

I listened to them sice they were called "the Hot Boys" and "The Big Tymers".
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 1:57:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
it's good to see people celebrate shitty guns laws just because a rapper is going to jail

this.  the hypocrisy is obnoxious.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 2:02:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Hopefully some time for some introspection, we need the Lil' Wayne of Tha Carter and Tha Carter II to return, quickly. Not really into the new shit

releasing Rebirth was a greater crime than what he was convicted of
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 2:07:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure that's what Scotchy means by "public image."

Yeah, I know man, he looks like an inbred Ghetto Rat.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 2:10:18 PM EDT
[#46]
On January 23, 2008, Lil Wayne was arrested alongside two others. His tour bus was stopped by Border Patrol agents near Yuma, Arizona. A K-9 Unit recovered 105 grams of marijuana (3.7 ounces), almost 29 grams of cocaine (1.02 ounces), 41 grams of MDMA (1.4 ounces) and $22,000 in cash. Lil Wayne was charged with four felonies: possession of narcotic drug for sale, possession of dangerous drugs, misconduct involving weapons and possession of drug paraphernalia. He was granted permission to travel outside of the state and remain out of custody on the $10,185 bond he posted.[93] On May 6, 2008, Wayne returned to court in Arizona to plead not guilty to the charges.[94]

I drive through that check point all the time. Three cheers for the BP!!! I love those guys.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 2:22:15 PM EDT
[#47]
What I am saying in regards to street cred and money is this.

When a person is worth 100 million dollars, has 250k in diamonds in their mouth, "THEY CAN NOT JUST WALTZ THROUGH THE HOOD"

You don't see Jay-Z hangin out in Marcy Projects anymore. (Except for the Oprah Special)

Edited: BG and Turk dont have any money, not because Baby screwed them over, but because they stayed high all the time and didnt take care of their business.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 2:22:47 PM EDT
[#48]
To those here that feel sorry for him..... sorry he's not a entertainer. He's a scumbag and a low life.... I don't enjoy rap but I do respect some of it's artists. From the sound of this asshat.... he's not one. Same deal with Rock.... if the person is a asshat I don't like them.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 2:22:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

this.  the hypocrisy is obnoxious.

Wasn't he on probation? Maybe if he was a little smarter he could have avoided jail.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 2:27:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Yes for sure. We should all have NYC style gun laws everywhere because then we can celebrate when people we don't like are are busted under them.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top