User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2010 8:52:05 AM EDT
Why would Barry retire?

And why would Michelle be inactive?

I report, you decide.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 8:55:44 AM EDT
[#1]
dunno about their state, but in Virginia voluntarily inactive = no requirement to pay hundreds of $ a year for annual Continuing Legal Ed courses, plus cheaper annual bar dues.

ETA: unknown about Barry O, but do you REALLY see him going to practice law at Dewey Cheatham & Howe after the presidency?  I would imagine "retired" status is something he could change with their bar.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 9:01:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 9:06:14 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

We've been around on this once already. There is no proof that it's anything but they decided to temporarily surrender their tags, that means they avoid having to do continuing legal education, keep track of an escrow account, pay yearly fees etc. The Tin Foil Hat Brigade seems convinced that this means that they were disbarred, but there's no proof of that and Hillary certainly would have found out if Michelle was disbarred-I think her tag has been inactive for awhile.

Really? I thought that this was just another thread complaining about Barry living it up on the public dollar.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 9:27:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm more interested on why the "Full former names" is left blank?  Because he lied?  Because he never practiced law in that state under a different name?
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 9:30:43 AM EDT
[#5]
I will remember that , lets see, gun lawyer,divorce lawyer , real estate lawyer, oh , ... and Wookie lawyer.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 9:39:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm more interested on why the "Full former names" is left blank?  Because he lied?  Because he never practiced law in that state under a different name?

Maybe because he didn't take Michelle's name when they married? The field is for women to track name prior to marriage.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 9:41:01 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm guessing they don't plan to practice law anymore.

My surprised look ––>

Lavaughn?  WTF kind og name is "Lavaughn"?
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 9:41:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 9:42:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 9:43:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 9:45:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:

My surprised look ––>
I doubt it also, but there might be a procedure where they could get their license back. I read up on it ages ago the first time it came up. I'd be surprised if either one did, there is enough money to be made as an ex president without practicing law. I don't think he ever practiced anyway, or not for very long.

He's currently practicing making it up as he goes now
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 9:50:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Oh no! They aren't paying dues anymore? VOLUNTARILY RETIRED? Whats THAT supposed to mean?  He must have been disbarred when he didn't submit to the will of Bush and the other incognito lizard people that secretly run the world via the 5 jew bankers based out of a hot air baloon in Madrid!

Listen, I don't like them as much as any of you, but this crap is hurting our credibility.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 9:54:40 AM EDT
[#13]
If either one was disbarred, it would say so guys.

Michelle's does say court ordered inactive status, other than that there is NOTHING of interest here.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 9:56:10 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My surprised look ––>
I doubt it also, but there might be a procedure where they could get their license back. I read up on it ages ago the first time it came up. I'd be surprised if either one did, there is enough money to be made as an ex president without practicing law. I don't think he ever practiced anyway, or not for very long.

Michelle hadn't even been active since 1993.  

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 9:59:28 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not blank it says "None" Damn, you guys could find a conspiracy in a fucking eye chart

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 10:02:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Ok, so even if that is true, can they still be referred to by someone as "Barack Obama is a Lawyer"? or can they no longer be considered an attorney/lawyer unless they are active?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top