Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2010 4:31:58 PM EDT
In here we talk smack about these goofballs.

Begin...
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 4:37:07 PM EDT
[#1]
San Fran Gay Pride parade.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 4:45:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Just saw a news headline that read: "3.1 million customers face Oscar night without broadcast."  

Do people really watch  that shit?
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 4:47:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm watching Saving Private Ryan. No time for the Oscars.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 4:54:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Just saw a news headline that read: "3.1 million customers face Oscar night without broadcast."  

Do people really watch  that shit?

Some of have wives that like it, so yes, people watch it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 5:03:36 PM EDT
[#5]
My wife and daughter are watching it right now.

I am not.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 5:06:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm watching Saving Private Ryan. No time for the Oscars.

Me too, but that doesn't mean this thread doesn't hold some promise.

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 5:07:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't see it surfing....I guess I don't get that channel.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 5:08:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Hollywood circle jerk.

Anyone want to put money on some smug fuck giving a political speech involving how great dear leader is.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 5:09:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Girlfriend is watching it.  I'm thinking of either going to the bedroom to watch a movie or playing another round of Battlefield 1943.

Edit:

That was a nice tribute to John Hughes.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 5:13:46 PM EDT
[#10]
My girlfriend is watching it, so I am watching it . We have a small house and only one tv, so no I can't get away from it. I'm just sitting here on Arfcom to pass the time.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 5:19:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Hmm, Hurt Locker got best original screenplay.  I wonder if Avatar is going to lose for best picture...
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 5:27:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Clooney couldn't seem to take a joke during the monologue and looked pretty crabby in the few shots I observed. Pussy!
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 5:29:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Christoph Waltz(Col. Landa) won best supporting actor for Inglourious Basterds.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 5:30:55 PM EDT
[#14]
The Clooney thing appeared to be part of the show.  It was a setup between him and Alec Baldwin.  Unless there is something real behind it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 5:31:00 PM EDT
[#15]
I was at Cole's the other night and could hear some guy gabbing about it. I guess we all have our likes, but jeese, to fawn all over the stars like that and annoy everyone else in the process...
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 5:32:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Iron Chef America is on.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 5:34:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Grown ups in Hollywood who make a living playing "pretend" getting together to congratulate themselves on how good they are at it.

About as impressive as professional hopscotch competitions and awards.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 5:52:58 PM EDT
[#18]
YESS!!!!

Quoted:

Christoph Waltz(Col. Landa) won best supporting actor for Inglourious Basterds.

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 5:59:02 PM EDT
[#19]
I can think of very few things I care less about than some self congratulatory bullshit like the Oscar's.  Does anyone actually still watch this shit?

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 5:59:41 PM EDT
[#20]
.....DT
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 6:06:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Narcissism

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The term narcissism refers to the personality trait of egotism, which includes the set of character traits concerned with self-image ego. The terms narcissism, narcissistic, and narcissist are often used as pejoratives, denoting vanity, conceit, egotism or simple selfishness. Applied to a social group, it is sometimes used to denote elitism or an indifference to the plight of others.

The name "narcissism" is derived from Greek mythology. Narcissus was a handsome Greek youth who rejected the desperate advances of the nymph Echo. As punishment, he was doomed to fall in love with his own reflection in a pool of water. Unable to consummate his love, Narcissus pined away and changed into the flower that bears his name, the narcissus.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 6:12:44 PM EDT
[#22]
And the nominees for best original makeup and set design for a foreign short film adaptation never shown in the civilized world are...

I love some of these categories.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 6:17:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Does anyone else think that the Oscars theme kinda sounds like the Star Trek: TNG theme?
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 7:32:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Wow, the Oscars are so fucking horrible this year.

Painful to watch.   Just horrible.  

(although:  Damn, Kate Winslet looks pretty damn good though)

ETA:   Nice to see Clooney's sour puss after getting beat by Bridges.  

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 7:38:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Whats the oscars ?
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:00:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:03:32 PM EDT
[#27]
BORING.  And that fucking diatribe with the Best Actor where they bullshitted about the perosn for 5 minutes each.  I left the room.  

I know "The Hurt Locker" was a great movie, but beating Avatar for best picture?  I know the Avatar storyline was a total rehash of typical Disney storylines, but it was amazing as far as visuals and wow factor.

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:18:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
BORING.  And that fucking diatribe with the Best Actor where they bullshitted about the perosn for 5 minutes each.  I left the room.  

I know "The Hurt Locker" was a great movie, but beating Avatar for best picture?  I know the Avatar storyline was a total rehash of typical Disney storylines, but it was amazing as far as visuals and wow factor.

They lost credibility if they didn't give Cameron best director.  I know they think they have to give it to same person as best movie, but in this case maybe Hurt Locker was a better movie but Cameron just fucking awed people and single-handedly launched the first salvo in the next generation of movie technology.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 9:20:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Hollywood circle jerk.

Anyone want to put money on some smug fuck giving a political speech involving how great dear leader is.

Yep, makes me sick to my stomache really

Its just all the Hollywood elites kissing eachothers ass for 3 hours and somehow people are interested in this
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 9:34:32 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They lost credibility if they didn't give Cameron best director.  I know they think they have to give it to same person as best movie, but in this case maybe Hurt Locker was a better movie but Cameron just fucking awed people and single-handedly launched the first salvo in the next generation of movie technology.

The only two I cared about were Up and Christoph Waltz.

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 9:36:20 PM EDT
[#31]
How many Si-Fi flicks have been chosen for best picture?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top