Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/19/2019 6:10:01 PM EDT
Source

"More than 2,400 federal employees in Colorado furloughed by the partial government shutdown, including 89 in El Paso County, have filed unemployment insurance claims, state labor officials said Friday.

The number of claims increased by nearly 1,000 since furloughed federal employees missed their first paycheck Jan. 11, according to data released Friday by the Colorado Department of Labor and Employment. Nearly two-thirds of those who have filed for unemployment insurance statewide work for the Interior or Agriculture departments, and more than 60 percent are from the Denver area.

The 2,416 unemployment insurance claims make up 18.5 percent of the more than 13,000 claims filed since the shutdown began Dec. 21. Those claim numbers don’t include federal employees working without pay, but Gov. Jared Polis on Friday ordered that those workers also be allowed to seek unemployment insurance benefits.

“Those federal employees who are required to report for work are feeling the same economic squeeze as those who have been furloughed. They should not be denied the immediate financial assistance provided by unemployment benefits while being mandated to show up for work,” Polis said in a news release."

If they get anything pay it back when they get all their back pay  from their job.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 6:12:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Didn't know they could do that.
Out here if one is union and they go on strike, you can't collect unemployment.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 6:14:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like a lot, but how many federal employees are in the state?
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 6:16:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Technically they’re not unemployed.  Doesn’t make sense.  But seeing that it’s Colorado (aka East Commifornia), understandable behavior..
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 6:16:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sounds like a lot, but how many federal employees are in the state?
View Quote
Around 50k
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 6:18:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 6:19:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Technically they’re not unemployed.  Doesn’t make sense.  But seeing that it’s Colorado (aka East Commifornia), understandable behavior..
View Quote
You repay it back. I know some people that repaid after the last shutdown.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 6:20:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Political pandering doesn't put food on the table or pay the mortgage
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 6:20:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
That makes sense.  I was about to be outraged.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 6:22:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
A strike is a decision by the employee.  A furlough is a decision by the employer.  Unemployment (with repayment if there is a pay in retro) is appropriate.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 6:25:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is okay because a lot of people don't know.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 6:27:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
A strike is a decision by the employee.  A furlough is a decision by the employer.  Unemployment (with repayment if there is a pay in retro) is appropriate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well all of the employees that are union that I know didn't want the strike, the union sure did though, but I guess that is the risk one takes being union.

What you said makes sense though. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 6:28:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
That sounds appropriate to me as well, provided it's actually repaid.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 6:29:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Small cost to get as many federal employees to leave their jobs as possible thus saving a lifetime of salary

Eventually they will have to find other opportunities
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 6:29:30 PM EDT
[#14]
denied, next please.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 6:32:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Denied.  If they do get it, they should reimburse the state if they receive backpay.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 6:32:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Small cost to get as many federal employees to leave their jobs as possible thus saving a lifetime of salary

Eventually they will have to find other opportunities
View Quote
And someone more worthless will fill that billet.  Congratulations, you just made the government even worse and didn’t save any money.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 6:32:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
denied, next please.
View Quote
On what basis?
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 6:33:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Amazing what one paycheck can do to people.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 6:34:08 PM EDT
[#19]
and so it begins

the lawyers smell $blood$ in the waters...
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 6:36:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Amazing what one paycheck can do to people.
View Quote
Sad part is many Americans live paycheck to paycheck and have little to no savings for a rainy day.
Those that don't live within their means are foolish.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 6:37:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

On what basis?
View Quote
On the basis of them still being employed by the federal government, albeit not getting paid at the moment.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 6:38:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
On the basis of them still being employed by the federal government, albeit not getting paid at the moment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

On what basis?
That’s covered by anyone’s unemployment insurance.  The folks that are still working but not being paid are a unique situation since that is illegal for a private business to do.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 6:40:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Isn't that what unemployment is for?
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 6:40:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

And someone more worthless will fill that billet.  Congratulations, you just made the government even worse and didn’t save any money.
View Quote
The average Federal salary is over $70,000

Even a generous welfare package for all of them will cost us less

And States will fill the void as they take up the tasks that should have been done by the States not the federal government

If California wants to hire 1 million paper pushers and I dont have to pay federal tax for it I dont care anymore
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 6:41:51 PM EDT
[#25]
And their burden on the country continues...
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 6:43:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Good. Layem all off.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 6:43:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

And States will fill the void as they take up the tasks that should have been done by the States not the federal government

If California wants to hire 1 million paper pushers and I dont have to pay federal tax for it I dont care anymore
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you are talking about reducing the scale of the federal government I’m all for it.  I’m just telling you that you are flat wrong if you think you’ll accomplish it by forcing good employees out while doing nothing to the staffing level, which is not tied to the body and would start a hiring action as soon as the last guy left.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 6:45:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

If you are talking about reducing the scale of the federal government I’m all for it.  I’m just telling you that you are flat wrong if you think you’ll accomplish it by forcing good employees out while doing nothing to the staffing level, which is not tied to the body and would start a hiring action as soon as the last guy left.
View Quote
I dont want to force good employees out

I want to force all the employees out

I wont get my wish. But I can dream.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 6:51:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Political pandering doesn't put food on the table or pay the mortgage
View Quote
Federal employees have missed one paycheck. One. Paycheck. Which, by the way, they're going to receive as back-pay once the government is reopened.

Are you telling me that these people, who make an average of about $70k nationwide, are missing mortgage payments because they missed one paycheck? How do you not have enough cash reserves to cover that?
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 6:56:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well, at least you’re honest about being a useful idiot.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 6:57:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Denied.  If they do get it, they should reimburse the state if they receive backpay.
View Quote
They are required to pay it back.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 6:59:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Federal employees have missed one paycheck. One. Paycheck. Which, by the way, they're going to receive as back-pay once the government is reopened.

Are you telling me that these people, who make an average of about $70k nationwide, are missing mortgage payments because they missed one paycheck? How do you not have enough cash reserves to cover that?
View Quote
Over 80% of america lives essentially paycheck to paycheck.  80% of america are not government employees.  Most people can't cover a $1000 emergency expense.

MOST people in america spend far too much and save far too little.

I've known people who make over $100k a year who save practically $0, private sector......I've seen how they live: new everything, save nothing, drink a lot.  MOST of america are gluttonous pricks who can't cover 1 month of unemployment if they needed to.

The whole government employees suffering thing is overplayed, I agree...but that's a media problem.  How many government employees are out there?  How many government employees have gone on the record for their suffering?  Not nearly as many as the media is claiming, they are just using numbers, not actual accounts because they know most government employees won't speak to them.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 6:59:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
You don’t think the DoD should have employees?

The DoT shouldn’t inspect airline maintenance programs?
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 7:00:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Greeeeeaaaaat
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 7:02:51 PM EDT
[#36]
So , millions of Americans filed for it when Obama and the dims shut down the free markets and I might add they got NO BACK PAY.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 7:05:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
LOL,

let's see, no need for USCG, Air traffic controllers, border patrol or the courts? lol you are a special one alright.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 7:06:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
Well they didnt go on strike, now did they
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 7:07:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Meh. They can file and get it, but as soon as they get back pay once the shutdown is over, they have to pay the unemployment back. Its really just a no interest loan.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 7:11:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Meh. They can file and get it, but as soon as they get back pay once the shutdown is over, they have to pay the unemployment back. Its really just a no interest loan.
View Quote
From the info I read for Oklahoma, I think you have to pay Oklahoma interest back if you get back pay
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 7:13:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
And USAA and Navyfed are offering 0% interest loans to furloughed feds.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 7:18:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

LOL,

let's see, no need for USCG, Air traffic controllers, border patrol or the courts? lol you are a special one alright.
View Quote
USCG should be back in the DOD as well as border control

Where they were....

The DOD is the only federal government entity that should exist

ATC should be paid by the airports
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 7:24:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Where they were....

View Quote
US Customs never fell under the DOD and neither did the US Border Patrol.

Someone needs to learn a thing or two before telling people what should be done. USCG...Dept of Treasury, Transportation and DHS...DoD control/ USN when deployed. You can split hairs for here and there with DOD control.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 7:24:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Where they were....

ATC should be paids by the airports
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL,

Where they were....

ATC should be paids by the airports
Which airports would be paying? How would "airports" fund ATC? How would that help cut bureaucracy?
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 7:33:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Which airports would be paying? How would "airports" fund ATC? How would that help cut bureaucracy?
View Quote
What about the private land owner who owns a plane that is already paying federal taxes? Does he have to pay more taxes?

Its easy to get mad at Fed's, seems to be all the rage lately, especially the ones who are doing what most of GD expects them to be doing...I don't think he thought he rant through
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 9:43:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Source

"More than 2,400 federal employees in Colorado furloughed by the partial government shutdown, including 89 in El Paso County, have filed unemployment insurance claims, state labor officials said Friday.

The number of claims increased by nearly 1,000 since furloughed federal employees missed their first paycheck Jan. 11, according to data released Friday by the Colorado Department of Labor and Employment. Nearly two-thirds of those who have filed for unemployment insurance statewide work for the Interior or Agriculture departments, and more than 60 percent are from the Denver area.

The 2,416 unemployment insurance claims make up 18.5 percent of the more than 13,000 claims filed since the shutdown began Dec. 21. Those claim numbers don’t include federal employees working without pay, but Gov. Jared Polis on Friday ordered that those workers also be allowed to seek unemployment insurance benefits.

“Those federal employees who are required to report for work are feeling the same economic squeeze as those who have been furloughed. They should not be denied the immediate financial assistance provided by unemployment benefits while being mandated to show up for work,” Polis said in a news release."

If they get anything pay it back when they get all their back pay  from their job.
View Quote
sounds like fraud to me. as they are not working without pay. They will get back pay once the shut down is over. So, how can they legally claim that for something they are getting.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 6:58:14 AM EDT
[#47]
How many filed for other employment? Not many, they are sitting at home, bitching on the internet knowing that we will end up paying them for not working.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 11:25:26 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
How many filed for other employment? Not many, they are sitting at home, bitching on the internet knowing that we will end up paying them for not working.
View Quote
Im at work.

Not bitching, knowing I will get paid.

If I miss two more PP's, it will sting, then I may bitch. I hope that is acceptable.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 11:29:07 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Im at work.

If I miss two more PP's, it will sting, then I may bitch. I hope that is acceptable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Im at work.

I would get one of those loans or file for unemployment if you can.  This one may go a while longer.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 11:39:48 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Where they were....

View Quote
https://www.faa.gov/about/budget/aatf/

You really need to read more and post less.  An old saying about seeming ignorant comes to mind.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top