Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 2/14/2018 8:45:38 PM EDT
Really?!

Is today's Ranger equivalent to the normal Infantry 20 years ago?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5392363/Army-wont-require-recruits-throw-grenade-far-enough.html

US Army drops grenade throwing as a requirement to graduate because new recruits can't throw far enough (but do they mean women?)

US Army will no longer require recruits to show adequate hand grenade skills

Change is being made because many enlistees 'can’t throw it far enough'

Recruits also won't be required to pass land navigation course to graduate

Army's redesign of Basic Combat Training is aimed at instilling more discipline

Army would not comment on whether the specific requirements are particularly a problem for women

Many on Twitter used the development to attack influx of female enlistees
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 8:46:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Grenades be heavy you, might break a nail
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 8:47:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Being left handed and throwing a grenade upside down was sketchy at best.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 8:48:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Task Force Smith, here we come!!!!
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 8:49:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Seriously.  It's either this, or cry.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 8:50:39 PM EDT
[#5]
JFC what a joke.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 8:50:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Great

More lost units

And vehicles
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 8:53:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Pathetic.  I also heard they quit doing bayonet training a while back.  Double pathetic.

Land Nav..why?  It isn't that difficult.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 8:54:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Seriously.  It's either this, or cry.
View Quote
I'm doing both.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 8:54:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Land nav?!
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 8:56:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Land nav?!
View Quote
Just ask siri.. Siri where is the nearest isis camp
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 8:56:13 PM EDT
[#11]
It is said the UK is five to ten years ahead of culturally

Looks like our Army is preparing for the same environment as theirs.

UK Army Ad: ‘This is Belonging 2018’.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 8:56:29 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm gonna guess you still go through it in OSUT.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 8:59:46 PM EDT
[#13]
who the fuck needs land nav when you have a smartphone? "OK Google, what's my grid location?"

Well, at least we still have the Marines.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:00:47 PM EDT
[#14]
I guess the Army needs ditch diggers too. Hopefully they're handy with a shovel.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:01:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm afraid so.  Instead of young soldiers neglecting training because they're more focused on geisha houses and occupation duty, they'll be focused on transgender / homosexual sensitivity, and female gender inclusiveness in combat arms.

None of which has a damn thing to do with fighting and winning wars (unlike land nav and throwing grenades).

Oh, and I'll believe the Army when they say they're reinventing basic training to NOT cater to the snowflakes when I see it.  The transition will probably consist of renaming every basic training site some sort of "All-Inclusive Gender Neutral Gay Friendly Training Center of Excellence" bullshit and nothing more.

Want to fix the Army?  Clean house of the PC corporate managers from the top down so the non-mentally challenged warriors who are serious about their chosen occupation can execute the missions they are tasked with.

Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:03:23 PM EDT
[#16]
I got you covered Battle Buddy!

https://youtu.be/WC36u2xha5Y
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:04:44 PM EDT
[#17]
You know, Obama's political lawyers at the pentagon were blamed for most of the SJW policies pushed down on the commanders.

You'd think, a year in, there'd have been some turnover and push back.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:05:38 PM EDT
[#18]
If you are going to be admin why bother with grenades and land nav.

Not like anyone will remember what to do if they see one again.  Probably be more dangerous to people around them than the enemy.

Same as land nav. Never use it, will never remember it.

Now Combat arms, transportation etc..... is another thing.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:07:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Pathetic.  I also heard they quit doing bayonet training a while back.  Double pathetic.

View Quote
It probably is if you can't do third grade math.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:07:54 PM EDT
[#20]
This shit needs to stop.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:08:50 PM EDT
[#21]
How often are grenades used....

I would have loved to use grenades in Afghanistan...

But no one can throw a grenade over a 1 or 2 kilometers to get it near the enemy...
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:09:07 PM EDT
[#22]
And the faggotry continues
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:09:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
You know, Obama's political lawyers at the pentagon were blamed for most of the SJW policies pushed down on the commanders.

View Quote
The progressive officers really came out of the woodwork after their progressive CiC took the oath of office in January of 2009.

Obama and his advisers didn't hesitate to retire senior military leadership early when they didn't go all-in on his radical reformation of DoD.  Trump should do the same.

Also, it doesn't help that unelected, radical progressive judges are issuing legal rulings on policy matters within DoD.

What a mess.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:09:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:09:58 PM EDT
[#25]
My army is a sad army
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:10:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Is this where Chaos steps in and relieves the entire upper echelon of the Army and replaces them with Marine LCpls?
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:10:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
No bayonet training?? How will the grass grow??
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:10:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Youth are disinterested in military service despite the smallest Army since WW2 recruiting is struggling. Cyber command is looking like a train wreck and there’s no land nav or grenades over there. Check out the new Cyber Command CO
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:12:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Wow. I went to Army basic training in 1999, and then did Infantry OBC a year later. While I later went infantry, even in my co-ed basic training, we still had grenade training and bayonet training for several days, including a giant bayonet "assault course". That was the highlight event of a week or so of bayonet, grenade, and advancing in buddy movements using blank firing, and we used up dozens and dozens of training grenades each over that time. We must have gone though a few hundred blanks too also over those few days.

The capstone event (bayonet assault) began with a 3 mile road march in the dark, then hitting the assault course by dawn. We ran a pretty extensive loop of obstacles, climbing this, low crawling that, bayonetting a torso every now and then, and tossing a few grenades at various strong points. There was blank firing going on, and speakers to simulate explosions, and when you were done 10 or 15 minutes later, you were covered in mud, out of ammo and tired, and happy to eat your mre breakfast.

Good stuff! I'd say it was actually pretty decent  training, and everyone did it. Every MOS that went through Fort Jackson at that time, male or female. The later infantry training I had was more rigorous, but for all the jokes that was made about training at Jackson, the basic training was a very good basis when I went through.

Now I know that most Army MOS's will not be using grenades, and even some infantry guys in the field right now are no longer issued grenades, but it is just wrong to lose the war-fighter spirit of training by omitting, first bayonets, and now grenades.

What makes the green grass grow!!!
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:12:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Why doesn't Mattis unscrew this nonsense? I don't get it I guess.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:12:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
How often are grenades used....

I would have loved to use grenades in Afghanistan...

But no one can throw a grenade over a 1 or 2 kilometers to get it near the enemy...
View Quote
Well, the Army used them at least once in Iraq...

Marines used them once or twice, too...

Pretty sure one was used before they went in...

You know, you really don't even need to throw grenades for them to be effective...
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:12:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
Because you just stop and ask directions.  Duh...
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:12:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The progressive officers really came out of the woodwork after their progressive CiC took the oath of office in January of 2009.

Obama and his advisers didn't hesitate to retire senior military leadership early when they didn't go all-in on his radical reformation of DoD.  Trump should do the same.

Also, it doesn't help that unelected, radical progressive judges are issuing legal rulings on policy matters within DoD.

What a mess.
View Quote
Yep
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:13:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
Women.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:13:17 PM EDT
[#35]
those fat lunch lady arms from Shaquisha won't do it anymore
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:13:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
Menstruation?
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:13:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
My army is a sad army
View Quote
There are still good leaders in the Army making shit happen.  There are still good Soldiers that excel at soldiering.

It's a culture war within the Army, and you can take heart in that not everyone that wears OCP is buying into this retarded insanity.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:14:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I guess the Army needs ditch diggers too. Hopefully they're handy with a shovel.
View Quote
If they had dug any fucking ditches they wouldn't be such pussies.

This shit is pathetic.

I wonder if China's troops are weak faggots who can't move, bayonet, and throw?

Instead of correcting the problem and doing your fucking job (ARMY) and training them they just quit doing it?
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:14:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
I know two prior skippers that are now Captains at the pentagon and they both told me that the pentagon is run by liberal flag officers.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:14:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
If you are going to be admin why bother with grenades and land nav.

Not like anyone will remember what to do if they see one again.  Probably be more dangerous to people around them than the enemy.

Same as land nav. Never use it, will never remember it.

Now Combat arms, transportation etc..... is another thing.
View Quote
I don’t know how to tell you this; but when you are in a combat zone the enemy doesn’t give a shit what your MOS is. Even the Remington Raiders need to know how to fight.  When you are in close contact and don’t want to give up your exact location a grenade is the primary weapon. I personally tossed more grenades at night probeing for VC.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:14:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I'm afraid so.  Instead of young soldiers neglecting training because they're more focused on geisha houses and occupation duty, they'll be focused on transgender / homosexual sensitivity, and female gender inclusiveness in combat arms.

None of which has a damn thing to do with fighting and winning wars (unlike land nav and throwing grenades).

Oh, and I'll believe the Army when they say they're reinventing basic training to NOT cater to the snowflakes when I see it.  The transition will probably consist of renaming every basic training site some sort of "All-Inclusive Gender Neutral Gay Friendly Training Center of Excellence" bullshit and nothing more.

Want to fix the Army?  Clean house of the PC corporate managers from the top down so the non-mentally challenged warriors who are serious about their chosen occupation can execute the missions they are tasked with.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let me come back as a Drill SGT again with no rules other than make them killers

I will fix the faggotry day one when I have them mail all their cell phones home and have them duck walk with their rucks for a hour.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:15:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
I hope the fuck not.

I don't think the public has the stomach for the casualties we'll have in the 2nd Korean Conflict
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:15:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Women.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Women.
Yup.  Women suck at land nav.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:16:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Being left handed and throwing a grenade upside down was sketchy at best.
View Quote
Forgot about that lol

And ya you're right. I also liked the metal stuck in the windows as you're in line...
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:17:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

There are still good leaders in the Army making shit happen.  There are still good Soldiers that excel at soldiering.

It's a culture war within the Army, and you can take heart in that not everyone that wears OCP is buying into this retarded insanity.
View Quote
The sad thing is that more and more of those excellent Joes, NCOs, and Officers are leaving, and the shitbags and malingerers are filling the void.

God damn, do we really fucking NEED to get our shit pushed in during the beginning phases of the next fucking war to have a fucking enema at the Pentagon?

Because that's what it seems it will take.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:17:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
Shows you the caliber of graduate from our leftist school. Probably can't read a ruler either.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:18:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Let me come back as a Drill SGT again with no rules other than make them killers

I will fix the faggotry day one when I have them mail all their cell phones home and have them duck walk with their rucks for a hour.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know you would.  Of that I have no doubt.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:18:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
Sec. Army put the word out to “grow” the Army so only officers with UCMJ warranted charges especially sexual assault & harassment are being pushed out. Retention is big for 2019 and beyond in the hopes of hitting a 476-480K sized active duty Army this fall, so it’s almost like the stop loss days of 2004 now
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:19:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Most people never throw another grenade after Basic.

But dropping land nav?
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:19:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Menstruation?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Menstruation?

Well played Sir
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top