Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/7/2022 3:03:15 PM EDT
Over the years I have had to rescue good snakes from glue traps at neighbors homes. I tell them, don't use them, there are better traps. Well our pest company put some in our garage and didn't mention it. Found them today and there was a huge skink stuck in one. I thought damn that's a shitty way to go out and I really like skinks. Well he was still alive. I got him out and he was a glue mummy. Nah bruh, I got you.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Some dawn in warm water to consolidate the sticky, 30 mins of slowly pulling, he was clean. He tried to bite for the first few minutes before giving in. Still some one the tail, but he can live with that or ditch the tail. Don't use glue traps people.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 3:06:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Regular spring traps work great on mice in my experience
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 3:08:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I just dump shitloads of agricultural rodenticide around the perimeter of the house each fall. Rodent problem solved.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 3:10:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Fo sho
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/7/2022 3:10:55 PM EDT
[#4]
No, shan't, I like them.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 3:12:55 PM EDT
[#5]
They work great inside the home.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 3:13:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll use the ones that take vegetable oil as a solvent as a release aid in the event of a wrong capture.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 3:13:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I put them on my countertop to train my cat to not jump up there when he thinks I'm not looking. Surprise you little shit, humans win every time.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 3:14:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
They work great inside the home.
View Quote
Eh, glue traps cause a slow death of dehydration and starvation. Sometimes the animal will also gnaw its own limbs off trying to get free.

If I have the option of a much faster/less suffering method, such as a snap trap, ima do that.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 3:15:25 PM EDT
[#9]
My cat went after a mouse stuck in one and it stuck to his paw. Fortunately I heard him trying to get it off.  Was not pretty getting it off
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 3:15:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I used a lot of them when I lived in Kentucky. Place I lived had lots of brown recluse spiders running about (yes, I know what actual brown recluse look like). Glue traps caught lots of them. Haven't needed them since I moved back to Ohio.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 3:17:16 PM EDT
[#11]
I like that glue traps catch scorpions and die a slow sticky death.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 3:17:35 PM EDT
[#12]
I have been leaving water out for all the skinks living in my shrubs.  They coexist with the chameleons.

I even tap the tops of the shrubs before I hedge trim to give them time to leave.  I think there has to be nearly 20 chameleons hanging around my house.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 3:17:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Glue traps are awesome.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 3:18:47 PM EDT
[#14]

God damn.. fucker was dedicated
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 3:18:54 PM EDT
[#15]
PAM cooking spray releases the snakes.

Glue traps rock for spiders.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 3:19:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Most people are too stupid and/or cruel to care that these things happen.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 3:20:01 PM EDT
[#17]

That white trap is the best I have ever used.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 3:24:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Over the years I have had to rescue good snakes from glue traps at neighbors homes.....Found them today and there was a huge skink stuck in one.....Well he was still alive....Nah bruh, I got you.
View Quote

The universe smiles upon folks like you.

Link Posted: 8/7/2022 3:25:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Come our annual wolf spider invasion late next month. I'll have glue traps all over inside my home.

Link Posted: 8/7/2022 3:27:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The universe smiles upon folks like you.
View Quote

Damn well should, anyway. Good on you, OP.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 3:27:36 PM EDT
[#21]
I use glue traps inside so I can see what kind of insects/spiders I have and where they are the most.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 3:27:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Most people are too stupid and/or cruel to care that these things happen.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/7/2022 3:29:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 3:35:37 PM EDT
[#24]
I just use cats.  Our four outdoor cats have the rodent population around the house firmly under control.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 3:44:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Snap traps for mice
Glue traps for the nasty ass cave crickets
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 3:47:01 PM EDT
[#26]
We've got brown recluses. You can have my glue traps when you pry em from my cold, sticky hands.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 3:49:05 PM EDT
[#27]
If it's not human and in my transmitter building, fuck it.  Glue traps ftmfw.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 4:06:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Your not my supervisor
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 4:09:42 PM EDT
[#29]
For my garage, I use Marvin, the Gray Tabby o' Death FTW.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 4:10:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Glue traps are just cruelty for convenience.  There are lots of good ways to kill mice and rats. Glue traps aren't one of them.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 4:11:46 PM EDT
[#31]
If you have camel crickets, you will use glue traps, demolition, hydraulic cement, Drylok, dehumifiers, a dumpster for your stuff, etc, whatever it takes to kill them and remove their habitat.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 4:12:40 PM EDT
[#32]
i use these with great success: https://www.victorpest.com/victor-smart-kill-electronic-mouse-trap

the cat gets the ones those miss. he's been bored for a while LOL.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 4:20:48 PM EDT
[#33]
If you are using glue traps you should be checking them regularly and giving a swift death to any rodents or insects you catch. The advantage glue traps have over snap traps and others is all the nasty creatures that live on a rodent jump ship as soon as they die. Better to have them outside your house when that moment comes.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 4:29:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Glue traps are just cruelty for convenience.  There are lots of good ways to kill mice and rats. Glue traps aren't one of them.
View Quote

Yep.  Might as well get one of those have a hart live traps, let an animal get trapped, and ignore it until it dies of exposure or starvation.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 4:34:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Yep.  I no longer use them in the garage.  

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/7/2022 4:37:40 PM EDT
[#36]
I have actually had success with glue paper and mice.  I will admit that it is cruel though seeing the little fucker writhe trying to get free.  I drown them in the sink as a mercy.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 4:38:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Glue traps are just cruelty for convenience.
View Quote

I know, I hate having to work hard to torture things I don't like.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 4:45:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Good job, OP. Thanks for saving him.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 4:48:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
No, shan't, I like them.
View Quote

Why?
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 4:51:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I just use cats.  Our four outdoor cats have the rodent population around the house firmly under control.
View Quote
Can they come over and train my cat? She seems to be broken.
I was holding her and pointing her at a mouse on my shop shelves and she did nothing. Got the bastard that night with a spring trap and then
she wanted to bat it around! WTF Kitty. You have one job!
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 4:54:11 PM EDT
[#41]
We have two examples in this thread of desirable animals saved through the use of glue traps that wouldn't have survived the springs and jaws of traditional mouse traps so I guess I don't understand.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 4:54:27 PM EDT
[#42]
They do make sense for spiders and such. Mouse traps don't work so good on those.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 4:55:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Good job, OP. Thanks for saving him.
View Quote

Yeah, nice job. Animals are cool.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 4:58:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

They didnt for the little fucker I had running around....  Son of a bitch stole the peanut butter right off the spring trap.   Set him up with a glue trap and next morning I had him squeaking his ass off STUCK.  Dropped that asshole in a plastic jug and filled with water.  Shit head squeaked no more!
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 5:00:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

They didnt for the little fucker I had running around....  Son of a bitch stole the peanut butter right off the spring trap.   Set him up with a glue trap and next morning I had him squeaking his ass off STUCK.  Dropped that asshole in a plastic jug and filled with water.  Shit head squeaked no more!
View Quote
IME the little tiny field mice are really good at stealing the peanut butter. A larger house mouse, not so much.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 5:01:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
They do make sense for spiders and such. Mouse traps don't work so good on those.
View Quote
If it's a big enough spider ...
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 5:03:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Seeing predators (especially lizards) that died stuck to glue trap makes me sad.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 5:03:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
i use these with great success: https://www.victorpest.com/victor-smart-kill-electronic-mouse-trap

the cat gets the ones those miss. he's been bored for a while LOL.
View Quote

Build a better mouse trap. . .
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 5:24:47 PM EDT
[#49]
I guess I should clarify a bit. We still use them in the house. Spiders suck. No more in the garage.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 5:38:53 PM EDT
[#50]
I use the mouse traps that look like a hockey puck. Just wind it up and once its on the green you know you got one. Just throw it away and you never even see the dead mouse.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top