Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5590
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 10/27/2021 8:27:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Beer_Slayer]
It says it's been moved, but the link just takes me to the Community page. What gives?

This is now the active "shit (might be) is definitely happening in Ukraine" thread.

News links, thanks to BerettaGuy:
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
LINKS TO UKRAINIAN NEWS SOURCES IN ENGLISH

Kyiv Post

Ukrainian News

UKRInform

EUROMAIDEN PRESS

New Voice of Ukraine

Kyiv Independent

Ukraine World

InterFax Ukraine

UATV

Ukrainian Journal

Official Website of the President of Ukraine

Ukrainian Ministry of Defense

Save these links. I can't post all the headlines like I've done in the past - too much news and too often.
View Quote

Please @ me with additional stuff to be added here. I don't currently have time to properly curate this thread otherwise.

New news link c/o berettaguy:

Ukrainian Pravda
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/

Stop fake, anti - disinformation site:
https://www.stopfake.org/en/main/
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 6:32:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mbinky:
Besides some ATGM's, what exactly has Germany give to Ukraine that has exhausted their supplies?

https://i.postimg.cc/8PJ0zx7g/Screen-Shot-2022-04-19-at-5-54-22-PM.png
View Quote

Their military was so neutered before the war they were training their Skelton army with broomsticks. We get don’t even have guns.

I do think they may be telling the truth. They haven’t spent anything on their military.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 6:34:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:

This dude explores similar bunker networks all over former USSR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKWFx0QAW2w
View Quote

Noooo shit, I've seen that video.

Never would have thought to connect the two
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 6:36:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 6:37:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By GreenMushroom:

He's correct. The naval and air campaign against Japanese commerce shipping did the most damage. What finally tipped the scales though was the Russian invasion of Manchuria. The irony right
View Quote

Garbage. Absolute trash.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 6:38:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Yobro512:

Garbage. Absolute trash.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Yobro512:
Originally Posted By GreenMushroom:

He's correct. The naval and air campaign against Japanese commerce shipping did the most damage. What finally tipped the scales though was the Russian invasion of Manchuria. The irony right

Garbage. Absolute trash.

Link Posted: 4/19/2022 6:39:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Drakich] [#6]
Edited
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 6:39:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I want to throw carrots at them.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 6:42:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Besides some ATGM's, what exactly has Germany give to Ukraine that has exhausted their supplies?

View Quote

They offered to sell the 100 Marders they couldn’t afford to supply to Ukraine to Greece. I’m laughing but it’s just 🤦🏼‍♂️
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 6:43:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 13FoxVet] [#9]
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:
Nope, he’s an MSNBC commentator who has done photo ops before, nothing to do with Ukraine/Russia or whatever, he’s not anyone to take seriously whatever your point of view. There’s way more SMEs for whatever flavor you prefer but he’s not even in the kiddie pool for secret squirrel shit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x1FuH5wa2Q
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/442BF02D-ED23-4CFD-8989-FED9731A83D4_jpe-2354879.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/AD8A2AC0-DDC8-4496-AAD0-56A48FE03DCF_jpe-2354881.JPG
View Quote

Malcolm Nance’s Dd 214
Looks like some NSA and SECGRU stuff also
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 6:46:51 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

lol seems cryptic, what can Germany provide that can be used in an "artillery engagement"
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 6:47:30 PM EDT
[#11]

What are they saying/singing?
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 6:47:34 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

Is it possible that Bundeswehr is just as badly equipped and maintained as Russian, that's why they are dragging their feet as not to reveal the truth?
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 6:48:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Easterner:

Last I heard we have around 50,000 sitting on the bench, if needed, in our city. Nothing to pass out to arm us. Many of us have made other arrangements to defend our homes and families. Russia's best bet is to drop bombs, artillery, and missiles on us. They don't want to come walking in here.
View Quote

Just send 50 Level III plates to Ukraine via UnitedHelpUkraine.org.  Got a bunch of miscellaneous field gear going out next week. Hopefully it will make it's way to the somebody who needs it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 6:49:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ludder093] [#14]
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 6:51:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By outofbattery:
View Quote

That was very interesting. Probably over simplified but accurate.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 6:52:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Wreckshooter:

Chosin is as similar to Ukraine as D-Day was to Coachella. A total infantry army with light arms relying on numbers in open terrain versus a force with total air superiority, tanks, etc.
View Quote

If you don't count the 2500 tanks they had before the war and the divisions worth of Russian armor that was abandoned intact, true.

There isn't really anything similar to this.  They are heavily outnumbered but have more tanks then they started with because they are capturing the attackers tanks.   One side has surrendered a division of tanks while the other is fighting to the last man in a tunnel under a factory.  

There are really way too many variables to predict anything.

The Orc army doesn't want to be there.
New technologies much better then advertised
Ability of the Russians to adapt.
Ability of the West and the Ukrainians to train man and equip.

Link Posted: 4/19/2022 6:53:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7empest] [#17]
Guess I shouldn't use the term "orc" anymore.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 6:55:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 6:58:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By CharlieR:

If you don't count the 2500 tanks they had before the war and the divisions worth of Russian armor that was abandoned intact, true.

There isn't really anything similar to this.  They are heavily outnumbered but have more tanks then they started with because they are capturing the attackers tanks.   One side has surrendered a division of tanks while the other is fighting to the last man in a tunnel under a factory.  

View All Quotes

Chosin is as similar to Ukraine as D-Day was to Coachella. A total infantry army with light arms relying on numbers in open terrain versus a force with total air superiority, tanks, etc.

Russia does have total air superiority tho
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 7:01:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Lightning_P38:
Or he could be being very vague to make a boring pogue career sound badass.

Myself, I deployed with US Army Special Forces several times, Navy Special Forces once, and spent a great deal of time training at the US Special Forces School.

I was in an Airborne Signal unit in Ft. Bragg, and my above statement is 100% true, with no bullshit. Our unit had some unique equipment that no other unit had, not even 1112th (at the time). I never came anywhere near the fighting with any of those units, a few times I found myself a couple of miles away, and that was the closest I ever got to high speed low drag, but if I am vague it could lead a person to believe I was doing cool guy shit.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 7:04:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 7:04:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

View Quote

It would be a stretch to say they have air superiority. Haven’t their latest model jets and helicopters been getting shot down left and right?
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 7:05:31 PM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes

They have local air superiority only.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 7:06:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:

Maybe - just to get things going - Ukraine could make some US pilots Ukrainian citizens.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By iggy1337:
Welp Dutch.gov reported to have comfrimed the US is giving Ukriane fighters

I think the US just described giving Ukraine 'aircraft'

Good fucking hunting  

Maybe - just to get things going - Ukraine could make some US pilots Ukrainian citizens.

Whole damn squadron of F22s just defected to Ukrain, ground crews, supplies, and all??. That would be a headline.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 7:06:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By 2tired2run:

If true that's impressive........
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FQuonZeXIAcs5Co?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote

I'm sure this is why russia is now using much larger bigger bombs on that structure. Probably some kind of bunker buster as well.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 7:07:08 PM EDT
[#26]

Link Posted: 4/19/2022 7:07:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Featureless:
"Terror" directed at the Russian people has little value.  They can't change their government all that readily or quickly.  Offensive war directed at infrastructure, roads, railroads, bridges, airspace, that slows the flow of supplies to the front and soaks up resources in repairing and guarding that infrastructure is of value and could be exploited.  They (the exploited lower classes and regions) already know their sons aren't coming home from their two week Boy Scout Camp killing Nazis.  If the people of Saint Petersburg and Moscow were losing lights, had to recycle their toilet paper, miss the museums and operas, and began losing sons, then, things would change.
View Quote

Your average Russian soldier is binary.  He is generally useless and throughout much of Russian history has been an incompetent nicompoop that will surrender in large numbers  He is usually poorly educated, led, equipped, Id say trained but mostly untrained, and uninformed.  In fact, in Tannenburg, WWI, Finland, all of 1941, Afghanistan, he mostly sucks.

The radiation that turns him into the incredible hulk is when he thinks he is defending the Motherland.  Be it back to the wall at Moscow in 1812 or 1941 or Stalingrad.  Then he gets supermotivated and scornfully bitterly self-sacrificial.

Strictly for tactical reasons, outside of some very specific targeting like the oil refineries right over the border, targeting Russia proper, especially teh civilians that represent the Motherland,  is a bad idea.

The irony of course in all this is that the Russians are denying the Ukrainian culture, which makes them Russians, but the Russian goals, and tactics are creating a defensive force of Russo-Ukrainians with incredible courage.  It is like the Russians chose to play the role of the Germans in Stalingrad, writ large, and the Russians have turned Ukrainians into the defenders of Pavlov's house, writ large.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 7:07:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By AKaTom:

Understood, I don't even own a computer anymore, typing this with my phone now.

As I said another member sent me a wiki link and it was very informative. No idea how accurate the info is but as others have mentioned what the hell Hungary and Austria!

Heck according to the wiki info most of South America and even China has done more than those two nato allies.

But who knows what goes on behind the scenes.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AKaTom:
Originally Posted By zach_:

Wasn't a jab. I can't copy links easily on my phone.

Understood, I don't even own a computer anymore, typing this with my phone now.

As I said another member sent me a wiki link and it was very informative. No idea how accurate the info is but as others have mentioned what the hell Hungary and Austria!

Heck according to the wiki info most of South America and even China has done more than those two nato allies.

But who knows what goes on behind the scenes.

No idea. From my couch, it is difficult to separate fact from fiction.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 7:08:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By 13FoxVet:

Malcolm Nance’s Dd 214
Looks like some NSA and SECGRU stuff also
View Quote

All important stuff for Naval operations but he is not an SOF, infantry, CIA SAC-Ground etc. or the image he attempts to portray. Useful skills for a fight against Moscow and its allies? Sure, leading, advisingbor instructing UA in ground ops against Russians, Syrian ‘volunteers’ Chechens, etc? Nope
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 7:08:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Javak:

Is it possible that Bundeswehr is just as badly equipped and maintained as Russian, that's why they are dragging their feet as not to reveal the truth?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Javak:

https://www.handelsblatt.com/politik/deutschland/sicherheitspolitik-bundeswehr-hat-nach-schaetzung-vieler-experten-nur-fuer-einen-tag-munition/25017024.html?ticket=ST-7669164-pTgkYCRdDNcd2JW9smRO-ap5

Bundeswehr has ammo for one day.

German source from 2019, just use google to translate. Nothing has changed since then.

Link Posted: 4/19/2022 7:12:52 PM EDT
[#31]

All important stuff for Naval operations but he is not an SOF, infantry, CIA SAC-Ground etc. or the image he attempts to portray. Useful skills for a fight against Moscow and its allies? Sure, leading, advisingbor instructing UA in ground ops against Russians, Syrian ‘volunteers’ Chechens, etc? Nope
View Quote

I feel you
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 7:14:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 7:15:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Pentagon press briefing on support and supply;

WATCH LIVE: Pentagon press secretary John Kirby holds a news briefing
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 7:18:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Logcutter:

The CAR has a cluster.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Logcutter:
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

Oh sorry, that wasn't a dig on you- I sort of suspect wiki is correct and this dude is randomly pinning shit to his uniform. Maybe I'm off base, but a Surface warfare pin, dolphins, and a CAR just throw up red flags to me.

The CAR has a cluster.

I'm not familiar with that on CARs, only ever seen stars.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 7:18:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By 74HC:

Interesting clump of medals.  Surface warfare and Dolphins, both silver.  No combat action ribbon that I can spot.  I cannot find any reference to the sub he served on and earned those dolphins.

Looks like a defense meritorious service medal and a sea service deployment ribbon among others.  Looks like usual fluff stuff for senior staff.

He definitely does have TDS, and he seems to be over there for the limelight.  Probably in the rear
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 74HC:

Interesting clump of medals.  Surface warfare and Dolphins, both silver.  No combat action ribbon that I can spot.  I cannot find any reference to the sub he served on and earned those dolphins.

Looks like a defense meritorious service medal and a sea service deployment ribbon among others.  Looks like usual fluff stuff for senior staff.

He definitely does have TDS, and he seems to be over there for the limelight.  Probably in the rear

He's got a CAR over his right breast- I thought with a star.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 7:20:32 PM EDT
[#36]

Pentagon spokesman John Kirby did not offer details on which countries provided aircraft, but acknowledged new transfers and said Ukraine had more operable fighter aircraft than it had two weeks ago
View Quote

But are there weapons to hang on the aircraft?
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 7:24:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
I'm ready to go to Ukraine and fix shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mBSE3Q_W8c
View Quote

I think they're taking stuff to Poland and elsewhere. Can probably do a lot more good there with more/better resources.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 7:25:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Zam18th:

View Quote

Russia already gave a no-quarter order.  

Maybe the Turks could workout an escort by sea escape route? They did assist with the Muskova rescue.  Maybe that would be a workable solution.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 7:26:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By belted_guns:

But are there weapons to hang on the aircraft?
View Quote

Hopefully the commie killing kind.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 7:28:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Maine_11B_to_Nurse:

Legit question that has cropped up in my mind-If they are still sucking on May 8, does he pop the big cork May 9 and go out in a blaze of glory while trumpeting his "killing the west"?

My psych nurse mind says yes.

There comes a point where the grandiose bi-polar crosses the line to prove he is Napoleon/Jesus/Satan.
There comes a point where the Anti-social can't play by the rules any more, even if it costs him.
There comes a point where where the Narcissist MAKES it all about him.
View Quote

I've been saying from the beginning that this is
what he WANTS to do and he's just fucking around
to see what he can get away with. Playing.  For whatever reason,
he wants to be the guy that pushed the button.
I'm not looking forward to being right.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 7:33:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By 13FoxVet:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YKhi9ITkRgA

I feel you
View Quote

Shit even skipping over bread and butter SOF wheelhouse, a 13F or 11B/C 12 series 12B/21B and 19D would be pretty helpful to the Ukrainians over Nance going by his photo, as others have also noted. I think Florida Army National Guard was just there training, advising 2 months ago. I was attached to 2/124th inf right before my last separation {again from service} from my experience our NCOs are a very big difference in capability - talent compared to not all but many other nations forces. But I have zero time/experience in Ukraine. 2/124th did CJTF-HOA when I was attached.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 7:33:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sq40] [#42]
It seems Russias “massive offensive” has gotten them a few hundred kilometers here and there… lost them a few villages, and cost them a bunch more men and equipment.

I hope they blow their wad on this one and get pushed back home.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 7:34:34 PM EDT
[#43]

The radiation that turns him into the incredible hulk is when he thinks he is defending the Motherland.  Be it back to the wall at Moscow in 1812 or 1941 or Stalingrad.  Then he gets supermotivated and scornfully bitterly self-sacrificial.

View Quote
In "Squad Leader," that was when they flipped to Bezerker mode.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 7:34:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By sq40:

Maybe the Turks could workout an escort by sea escape route? They did assist with the Muskova rescue.  Maybe that would be a workable solution.
View All Quotes

I agree the Turks are the only ones that could swing it. They're in a position where the Russians do not want to piss them off.

That said, I highly doubt Russia would agree. I don't think they'll settle for anything other than extermination.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 7:34:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Current political situation:
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 7:37:52 PM EDT
[#46]
I agree the Turks are the only ones that could swing it. They're in a position where the Russians do not want to piss them off.

That said, I highly doubt Russia would agree. I don't think they'll settle for anything other than extermination.
View All Quotes

I agree.  Russia is out for blood, most especially AZOV blood.  If anything, killing them to the last gives them an out from a propaganda aspect.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 7:38:13 PM EDT
[#47]

Myself, I deployed with US Army Special Forces several times, Navy Special Forces once, and spent a great deal of time training at the US Special Forces School.

I was in an Airborne Signal unit in Ft. Bragg, and my above statement is 100% true, with no bullshit. Our unit had some unique equipment that no other unit had, not even 1112th (at the time). I never came anywhere near the fighting with any of those units, a few times I found myself a couple of miles away, and that was the closest I ever got to high speed low drag, but if I am vague it could lead a person to believe I was doing cool guy shit.
View All Quotes

Wiki says he only served on 1 ship, and it wasn't a sub.

Seems like he has no reason to lie about anything. Maybe some super secret squirrel stuff?

Yeah, it's all how you say it.  I was a Counterintelligence
Special agent with a Top Secret (Special) security clearance.
There I was, bullets flying, hand grenades exploding, fighting
in the streets of Down Town Dallas.  My resume reads:  The
UNCLASSIFIED portion of my duties included..........
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 7:41:12 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

This is what I've been waiting for.  Just like the Russians
flew their jets in Vietnam.  It's all a fucking game anyway.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 7:46:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By birdbarian:

I think they're taking stuff to Poland and elsewhere. Can probably do a lot more good there with more/better resources.
View Quote
I'm good with that
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 7:48:28 PM EDT
[#50]

Shit even skipping over bread and butter SOF wheelhouse, a 13F or 11B/C 12 series 12B/21B and 19D would be pretty helpful to the Ukrainians over Nance going by his photo, as others have also noted. I think Florida Army National Guard was just there training, advising 2 months ago. I was attached to 2/124th inf right before my last separation {again from service} from my experience our NCOs are a very big difference in capability - talent compared to not all but many other nations forces. But I have zero time/experience in Ukraine. 2/124th did CJTF-HOA when I was attached.
View Quote

I’ve gotten older out of shape and not up to date on anything FO related, I have the desire to go but I would absolutely add no value. If I were single without kids I’d still give it a go.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5590
Top Top