Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5590
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 10/27/2021 8:27:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Beer_Slayer]
It says it's been moved, but the link just takes me to the Community page. What gives?

This is now the active "shit (might be) is definitely happening in Ukraine" thread.

News links, thanks to BerettaGuy:
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
LINKS TO UKRAINIAN NEWS SOURCES IN ENGLISH

Kyiv Post

Ukrainian News

UKRInform

EUROMAIDEN PRESS

New Voice of Ukraine

Kyiv Independent

Ukraine World

InterFax Ukraine

UATV

Ukrainian Journal

Official Website of the President of Ukraine

Ukrainian Ministry of Defense

Save these links. I can't post all the headlines like I've done in the past - too much news and too often.
View Quote

Please @ me with additional stuff to be added here. I don't currently have time to properly curate this thread otherwise.

New news link c/o berettaguy:

Ukrainian Pravda
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/

Stop fake, anti - disinformation site:
https://www.stopfake.org/en/main/
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 8:37:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 8:38:42 AM EDT
[#2]
This suggests that the Moskva didn't actually sink.

Link Posted: 4/15/2022 8:39:13 AM EDT
[#3]
E8 nearby.

Smile, wave. Middle finger.

Just observing. Is that fire hot? Looks hot. Do you need help? Oh, look at the time, I have to be going.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 8:39:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

Wow.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By M-1975:

Wow.

He would have been sent to prison or shot anyway if he survived and went back to Moscow. Failure isn't treated well within Soviet Russian military. Either that, or he was one of the ones the Turks pulled out of the drink and they're claiming he was killed to grant him asylum somewhere.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 8:39:36 AM EDT
[#5]
View Quote
Add another high ranking officer to the kill list
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 8:41:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Chaingun:
View All Quotes

bah, just another 1st Captain.

I want an Admiral damnit
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 8:41:03 AM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

But is it confirmed?  I know many of the officers are.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 8:43:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Individualist:
This suggests that the Moskva didn't actually sink.

View Quote

I dunno man. Looks fake to me.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 8:46:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By planemaker:

He would have been sent to prison or shot anyway if he survived and went back to Moscow. Failure isn't treated well within Soviet Russian military. Either that, or he was one of the ones the Turks pulled out of the drink and they're claiming he was killed to grant him asylum somewhere.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By planemaker:

Wow.

I can't believe a ship like that would be solo out there.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 8:48:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Did we discuss Cossack gundis capture? I really thought it would have been a bigger deal here?
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 8:48:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By cryo_tech:

View Quote

Unless somebody comes out with a picture of him sitting in a turkish tugboat, he’s dead. Either blown up, burned up, or shark food. Water temp alone would have finished off anyone who got in the water before the sun even came up that morning.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 8:50:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By zach_:

I can't believe a ship like that would be solo out there.
View Quote

Yeah that’s pretty crazy to me. We operate frigate-sized boats by themselves on law enforcement/counter narcotic patrols, but definitely not in to an ongoing warzone. They must have thought they were outside any strike range.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 8:55:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Kuhndog:
Did we discuss Cossack gundis capture? I really thought it would have been a bigger deal here?
View Quote

yes we did and it is.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 8:56:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Reuters.

Ukrainians hang on at Mariupol steel plant

"The Azovstal factory is an enormous space with so many buildings that the Russians ... simply can't find (the Ukrainian forces)," said Oleh Zhdanov, a military analyst based in Kyiv.

Link Posted: 4/15/2022 8:58:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 8:58:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By outofbattery:

So far Moscow and Saint Petersburg are untouched by the “special operation”. The illusion that there have only been 1500 Russians killed is still there as city kids aren’t drafted,this has been explained a couple times. If they start press ganging Moscow and Saint Petersburg’s children to what is finally getting called a war there might be some questioning of things.

Russians don’t give a partial fuck if some village kid or a Tuvan/Buryat/Dagestani gets killed in Ukraine. They are going to have to ask themselves if their kids getting killed are worth it. The great big issue is that if he fully mobilizes then how does he back away from some of the rhetoric used to justify this regarding NATO and so forth? The possibility of a half million untrained conscript rush across my border is not zero.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AnalogKid:
Originally Posted By HIPPO:

What are they going to do...steal every kitchen sink from Moscow, stuff them into Bears then drop them on Kyiv?

Because they don't have much left. If Putin resorts to whole-scale NBC attacks he's going to get his shit pushed in with a quickness.

So far Moscow and Saint Petersburg are untouched by the “special operation”. The illusion that there have only been 1500 Russians killed is still there as city kids aren’t drafted,this has been explained a couple times. If they start press ganging Moscow and Saint Petersburg’s children to what is finally getting called a war there might be some questioning of things.

Russians don’t give a partial fuck if some village kid or a Tuvan/Buryat/Dagestani gets killed in Ukraine. They are going to have to ask themselves if their kids getting killed are worth it. The great big issue is that if he fully mobilizes then how does he back away from some of the rhetoric used to justify this regarding NATO and so forth? The possibility of a half million untrained conscript rush across my border is not zero.

And get ready for massive 1944 propaganda being played that Estonians are all Waffen SS super duper aryan master race that needs denazicfication.
🙄
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 9:01:47 AM EDT
[#17]

View All Quotes

There are some UK media reporting it. We'll see if there's a notice or funeral in Russian media in a week or two.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 9:03:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 9:03:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By FrankyRay:
Reuters.

"The Azovstal factory is an enormous space with so many buildings that the Russians ... simply can't find (the Ukrainian forces)," said Oleh Zhdanov, a military analyst based in Kyiv.

https://www.reuters.com/resizer/XIhXrKxqbyC-lTzYt54pWdPtjlA=/960x0/filters:quality(80)/cloudfront-us-east-2.images.arcpublishing.com/reuters/NGTFN2NGNRIEJGGLDLEY33B2IU.jpg
View Quote
Hopefully there is more re-supply. They still have sea access
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 9:04:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

How the fuck are these assholes still allowed on Twitter.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:
There was an editorial in a German paper about how when Steinmeier - a long time enabler of Putin - was told he wasn’t welcome to go to Kyiv the Baltic and Polish presidents should have also stayed home out of solidarity. They’re bonkers.

The Russian embassy here had this to say about the protest in front of it:

Yes,nothing but senseless and uncalled for Russophobia…

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/FE6EB205-5552-4139-BCB4-6AE21FE0B0D6_jpe-2349506.JPG

How the fuck are these assholes still allowed on Twitter.

I think it's actually more useful to keep them on twitter. If they weren't on twitter, most people wouldn't realize how much of their information strategy just relies on laughably transparent but consistently repeated lies.

If there is any good thing that could come out of the last few years of "Russia, Russia, Russia!" nonsense, it could be that the Russian tactic of "no objective truth" (picked up and happily weaponized most readily by the left) could finally be under the scrutiny it deserves.

We might actually see a shift more towards genuine journalism, where holding "the powerful" accountable becomes fashionable again.

Just shutting the Russian MFA out works in the short term and feels good, but refuting such messages requires consistent work and effort, otherwise people will resort to lazy what-aboutism whenever a source or a message is silenced reflexively.

We used to have government offices whose job it was to report news, counter adversary narratives, and even say a few good words about ourselves, but what do I know...
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 9:07:24 AM EDT
[#21]
The captain of the 1st rank of the cruiser "Moskva" sank along with the ship

??????? 1 ????? ???????? "??????" ?????? ?????? ? ????????!
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 9:12:59 AM EDT
[#22]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FrankyRay:
Reuters.

https://www.reuters.com/resizer/XIhXrKxqbyC-lTzYt54pWdPtjlA=/960x0/filters:quality(80)/cloudfront-us-east-2.images.arcpublishing.com/reuters/NGTFN2NGNRIEJGGLDLEY33B2IU.jpg

If Unkle Vlad goes off his rocker because of the Moskva's sinking, I'm betting he'll try using WMD on that complex. Probably chemicals first, as an intact facility would benefit Russia.

If that doesn't work, his ego will compel him to go tactical nuke - and the plant is likely Ground Zero.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 9:16:17 AM EDT
[#23]
"In Rivna, a monument with Soviet technology was dismantled - a self-propelled gun mount

The local government promises that our Ukrainian equipment will stand in its place, protecting Ukraine from Russian occupiers.
But the old "commemorative monument" will be transported to the Hill of Glory and set at its muzzle on Moscow - the cannons and tanks that are already on the memorial will be deployed in the same direction."

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 9:17:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By kncook:

Their line in the sand is raping toddlers but raping and killing everyone else doesn’t move the needle? Lol. Ok.

The soldier publicly uploaded it to Telegram and used his identifiable info. Russia had to “act” like they were doing something. They will just tell him not to upload it next time.
View Quote

He will hang. Russia has justice. They got the soldier doing all of the raping in Ukraine.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 9:18:16 AM EDT
[#25]
So I'm seeing on telegram and some twat feeds, that Russia may "declare war" since Ukraine is fighting back , and (probably) sunk the Moscva.

What precisely changes there? Anyone with more than 2 brain cells to rub together can see this is a literal war and invasion. What does a deceleration do that a sepcial operation doesn't? Total mobilization? More forced conscription?

Sounds like the fast track to a prelude to full war in Europe to me. Which may have been what they wanted all along. They know they can't compete conventionally with NATO.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 9:19:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 9:21:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ITCHY-FINGER] [#27]
Originally Posted By Jozsi:

And get ready for massive 1944 propaganda being played that Estonians are all Waffen SS super duper aryan master race that needs denazicfication.
🙄
View Quote

That would be an obvious sign for Estonia to get ready quick.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 9:21:23 AM EDT
[#28]
So I'm seeing on telegram and some twat feeds, that Russia may "declare war" since Ukraine is fighting back , and (probably) sunk the Moscva.

What precisely changes there? Anyone with more than 2 brain cells to rub together can see this is a literal war and invasion. What does a deceleration do that a sepcial operation doesn't? Total mobilization? More forced conscription?

Sounds like the fast track to a prelude to full war in Europe to me. Which may have been what they wanted all along. They know they can't compete conventionally with NATO.
View Quote

If they declare full war, expect to see their bombers laying waste to entire cities.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 9:21:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 9:25:30 AM EDT
[#30]
"12-year-old Danilo with a cat in his ruined house near Chernihiv. After the shelling, his mother had to have her leg amputated."

Attachment Attached File

"Russia is preparing a new offensive, and witnesses of the occupation of cities, towns and villages by Russian troops, from which the Russians retreated, talk about life under siege.

Despite the fact that people are forced to hide in cellars and basements and go almost without food, they manage to help the Armed Forces of Ukraine, passing the coordinates and the exact number of enemies to their army."

Attachment Attached File

"This is how Nikolaev lives. If you didn't know, there has been no centralized water supply for the third day already.

The stocks that the townspeople have made have already either run out or are nearing the end of many. All bottled drinking water in stores was sold out - only carbonated water remained in bottles with a capacity of one to two liters. Therefore, for many residents of Nikolaev, the problem of obtaining water became a priority this morning. Lines line up near springs. Many citizens come or walk directly to the river and collect water for technical needs.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 9:25:33 AM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

With their performance so far , do we really want to get rid of their officer core?
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 9:26:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Capta:
The Moskva incident is really interesting but I don’t think we can be certain it was an attack or an accident.
A few points to consider:

12)The apparent Russian military response gives credence to the possibility that Moskva was sunk by a Ukrainian attack.  If so, the sinking is a massive achievement and propaganda victory for Ukraine.  I would even suggest that the timing of the (possible) attack was chosen to flip the propaganda script over losing Mariupol.  Overnight the international storyline went from doom and gloom over the near-end of resistance there to stunned elation, showing that Ukraine’s propaganda game continues to be on point.
View Quote

Point 12 is the most important.

Russian reaction was to pull ships further from shore.  That says they were hit from the shore.  It’s simple.

Plus, their media double speaks that retaliation against Ukraine is demanded for the sinking… meaning they know it was sunk by enemy action.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 9:28:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Drakich:

Russia has stated their goal is to basically overthrow the US and put us in our place.  This is our fight whether or not we like it.
View Quote

China is doing it for them
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 9:28:55 AM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

I'm not sure I agree with this. But I doubt some poor peasant mother in Siberia was enthusiastic about her son getting drafted nor can she have any influence on the crooks that sent her son to die.

Buy the Russia Army as a whole is one giant war criminal so maybe appropriate...
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 9:29:42 AM EDT
[#35]
"An abandoned field camp of the Russian military between Makarov and the village of Lipovka, Kiev region.
The Russians were forced to retreat from here in early April. The photo of what they left behind was taken by AIN.UA editor-in-chief Ilya Kabachinsky."

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 9:31:29 AM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/15/2022 9:34:08 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

I'm not sure I agree with this. But I doubt some poor peasant mother in Siberia was enthusiastic about her son getting drafted nor can she have any influence on the crooks that sent her son to die.

Buy the Russia Army as a whole is one giant war criminal so maybe appropriate...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

I'm conflicted.  The alternative is that families are not told of the loss and are lied to by the Russian government.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 9:34:35 AM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

10 minutes after reporting personally to Vladimir Putin the captain succumbed from a bullet wound to the head
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 9:35:42 AM EDT
[#39]
"Volunteers decided to check the Katsap plate, 5.45, 7.62 and .338."

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 9:35:48 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Alaskanbred:

If they declare full war, expect to see their bombers laying waste to entire cities.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Alaskanbred:

Link Posted: 4/15/2022 9:36:49 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Dracster:
"An abandoned field camp of the Russian military between Makarov and the village of Lipovka, Kiev region.
The Russians were forced to retreat from here in early April. The photo of what they left behind was taken by AIN.UA editor-in-chief Ilya Kabachinsky."

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-04-15_05-44-14_jpg-2349727.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-04-15_05-44-13_jpg-2349728.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-04-15_05-44-11_jpg-2349729.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-04-15_05-44-10_jpg-2349730.JPG
View Quote
They sure love to leave trash strewn everywhere. I like the partially eaten ear of dent corn. Must have some good teeth and been desperate for food to eat that.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 9:39:44 AM EDT
[#42]
"Rail War" continues to gain momentum in Russia: successful sabotage on Russian railways have already taken place in 4 regions

This was reported by @belzhd_live. It is known that on the Moscow Railway for the last 2 weeks rail guerrillas conducted successful actions on the unsuitability of railway tracks in the Bryansk, Orel, Smolensk and Kursk regions.
For this purpose, in particular, special devices are installed in the relay cabinets of the SCB, which work on a timer and completely burn out the internal equipment of the relay cabinet.

The horde will fall, it's a matter of time."

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 9:43:49 AM EDT
[#43]
"Police in Chernihiv region found an abandoned Russian ammunition depot

Thus, 170 mortar mines of 120 mm caliber were found. The ammunition was found {made?} in 1986. The issue of transferring the found ammunition to the Armed Forces of Ukraine is currently being resolved."

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 9:44:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Jozsi:

🙄
View Quote

Please, by the time this war ends Russia will have trouble fending off an invasion by an all girls elementary soccer team!
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 9:48:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Vlad's snit?

April 15 (Reuters) - Ukraine's defence ministry spokesman Oleksandr Motuzyanyk said on Friday that for, the first time since the start of its invasion, Russia used long-range bombers to attack the besieged port city of Mariupol.

Motuzyanyk said Russia was concentrating its efforts on seizing the cities of Rubizhne, Popasna and Mariupol.
View Quote

Ukraine says Russia used long-range bombers on Mariupol; 1st time in war
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 9:49:44 AM EDT
[#46]
Russia's national identity is war?

Yes. Yes it is. Always has been.. And theres really only one solution for that.

We should do as much as possible NOW to destroy as much of thier capabilities as we can before hand.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 9:50:07 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By realwar:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aTtXfFAVU8
View Quote

Random comments:
1) I can't believe how shitty the video from their FLIR turret looks. Like something from 1991.

2) I can't believe how much oscillation seems to occur in their wing pylons. I have seen them shake almost as much in flight too. Can anyone(@AeroE) confirm/explain if that's on purpose? I know F-16 wings do better with some load on them, but Jesus, those pylons on the Ka-52 are just flopping around.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 9:51:41 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

I'm conflicted.  The alternative is that families are not told of the loss and are lied to by the Russian government.
View Quote

Well, I am more unsure if the tactic will hurt or help their domestic war support.

It could go either way.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 9:51:58 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Dracster:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-04-15_05-44-14_jpg-2349727.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-04-15_05-44-13_jpg-2349728.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-04-15_05-44-11_jpg-2349729.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-04-15_05-44-10_jpg-2349730.JPG
View Quote

Are you sure that isn't Seattle ?

Link Posted: 4/15/2022 9:52:16 AM EDT
[#50]
I love the headline.

German Vice-Chancellor Robert Habeck has called on the public to cut energy use and stop using cars to help wean their country off Russian oil and gas.

"If you can take the train or bike over Easter, that's good too: it's easy on the wallet and annoys Putin," said Mr Habeck, who is also economics minister and co-leader of the Greens.

Germany has resisted European calls for a ban on Russian energy.

Ukraine's president has criticised the stance of both Germany and Hungary.

"We need to talk together with these countries on how it's possible for there to be different attitudes to this issue - the oil embargo within the European Union," Volodymyr Zelensky told the BBC.

He has argued that Russia does not need to take peace talks seriously because of the billions it receives from oil exports. Some of Ukraine's friends and partners now understood it was an issue of survival for Ukraine, he said.

Although German imports have fallen this year, it still gets a quarter of its oil and 40% of its gas from Russia. It has already halted the opening of a big Russian gas pipeline, Nord Stream 2, in response to the war.

Earlier this week, German economic institutes warned that immediately halting Russian imports would spark a sharp recession in Europe's biggest economy by 2023.

Amid EU pressure to ban Russian oil, Chancellor Olaf Scholz has indicated that Germany could do so by the end of this year. However, some members of his coalition from the Greens and business-friendly FDP have accused him of failing to show leadership.

The head of parliament's defence committee, Marie-Agnes Strack-Zimmermann, who was part of a German delegation visiting Kyiv this week, said Germany's old, rigid world view had collapsed.

"Now is the time to lead and by doing so move forward together with our coalition," she added.

Ukrainian Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba has appealed to Berlin to make a quick decision on sending further heavy weapons. "Germany plays a leading role in Europe and we are counting on this leadership," he told German TV.

"We are paying the price with people's lives," he said, adding that if Germany had changed its approach earlier then war could have been prevented.
View Quote
Ukraine conflict: Save energy and annoy Putin, Germans told
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5590
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top