Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5590
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 10/27/2021 8:27:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Beer_Slayer]
It says it's been moved, but the link just takes me to the Community page. What gives?

This is now the active "shit (might be) is definitely happening in Ukraine" thread.

News links, thanks to BerettaGuy:
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
LINKS TO UKRAINIAN NEWS SOURCES IN ENGLISH

Kyiv Post

Ukrainian News

UKRInform

EUROMAIDEN PRESS

New Voice of Ukraine

Kyiv Independent

Ukraine World

InterFax Ukraine

UATV

Ukrainian Journal

Official Website of the President of Ukraine

Ukrainian Ministry of Defense

Save these links. I can't post all the headlines like I've done in the past - too much news and too often.
View Quote

Please @ me with additional stuff to be added here. I don't currently have time to properly curate this thread otherwise.

New news link c/o berettaguy:

Ukrainian Pravda
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/

Stop fake, anti - disinformation site:
https://www.stopfake.org/en/main/
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 2:19:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Zhukov:

It's important to remember that many people on the right supported Orban because he thumbed his nose at the EU and maintained order. I was one of them too. It's only now that it is revealed that he has a much darker side.

This happens all too frequently: We embrace someone because of a few positions we find agreeable, but we don't look deeper to find out what kind of person, exactly, we are praising.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Zhukov:
Originally Posted By HIPPO:

Pressure being put on Hungary to get with the program.

It's important to remember that many people on the right supported Orban because he thumbed his nose at the EU and maintained order. I was one of them too. It's only now that it is revealed that he has a much darker side.

This happens all too frequently: We embrace someone because of a few positions we find agreeable, but we don't look deeper to find out what kind of person, exactly, we are praising.

This.

No one wants to admit “their guy” (after the claim him to be) may not be all he’s cracked up to be on every issue.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 2:20:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Obo2] [#2]
Originally Posted By AeroE:
Name one hypersonic air breathing vehicle capable of free flight in the '60's, '70's, or '80's.  Wind tunnel models and captured carry (I don't recall an example).

Start a new thread, this one is screwed up enough without more irrelevant chatter.

View Quote

the x15 brought it's own air...

the scramjet concept was being kicked around then as well with lots of testing.

feel like you are moving the goalposts a bit on this one.

also what has even been declassified?
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 2:24:08 PM EDT
[#3]
?????????? ???????? ??? ??? / #Shorts
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 2:26:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Somebody sent me this link but don't remember it being posted. It's an interesting take on how/why the ridiculously long Russian convoy that was sitting still for several days happened.

https://sofrep.com/news/aerorozvidka-the-elite-ukrainian-drone-unit-who-stopped-the-40-mile-russian-convoy/?utm_source=jeeng
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 2:26:25 PM EDT
[#5]
"Ukrainian armored car Kozak captured in Mariupol."

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 2:28:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: THOT_Vaccine] [#6]
Originally Posted By Obo2:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AeroE:
Name one hypersonic air breathing vehicle capable of free flight in the '60's, '70's, or '80's.  Wind tunnel models and captured carry (I don't recall an example).

Start a new thread, this one is screwed up enough without more irrelevant chatter.

BOMARC?

-edit-
Naaa Navaho and BOMARC were really on mach 3 ish. I think I recall hearing that the extreme range plan was to use them sort of like fractional orbit bombardment.
I suppose it depends on how you define hypersonic. If it's just the delivery phase of flight then yes.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 2:29:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Awesome!  But don't post that picture in the RT Times and UN Security Council threads, those dudes will call you a sheeple blindingly following the trial of the globoHomoSorosCabal...
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 2:29:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:

BOMARC?
View Quote

mach 2.5 ramjet is not hypersonic
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 2:31:22 PM EDT
[#9]
An Inside Look At Volunteers Delivering Equipment To Ukrainian Troops On The Front Lines

An Inside Look At Volunteers Delivering Equipment To Ukrainian Troops On The Front Lines
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 2:31:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By wwglen:

10 drones or 10 systems.

Each system could have multiple drones.
View Quote

The article states drones.  It could be systems though.

"The report, citing two people familiar with the decision, says the tank-destroying drones will not be taken out of the existing U.S. arsenal but rather procured directly from the manufacturer."

Maybe they'll be ramping up production in that case?
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 2:33:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By PissedMick:
Maybe they'll be ramping up production in that case?
View Quote

Once they're battle-proven? I imagine they'll a lot of FMS interest, provided Uncle Sugar approves.

It's basically a javelin that you can fly 50km away and loiter over a target area.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 2:34:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

This is intentional, and part of the larger strategic campaign against the West. Second order effects from the conflict in Ukraine will lead to major food disruptions. We've already heard Zeihan and others talk about the major disruption in fertilizer markets, which will drive down grain yields, which will drive up hunger, leading to another massive refugee crisis. Zeihan said famine could cause a  population loss of two billion, which would be literally Biblical:

Zeihan may be overstating things, but the disruptive effects of blocking trade in grain is real and genuine. Places like Turkey and Egypt get a lot of grain from Ukraine. Russia means to destroy Ukraine, and destroying their markets is one of the tools. By destroying markets for Ukrainian grain, the food crisis will drive millions to flee countries with food crises, seeking access to Europe and America that have better agricultural bases able to withstand the short-term grain shock. The migration crisis will destabilize Western nations (you can't say no to starving people!), and take their attention from Russian aggression against their neighbors. That gives cover for the Ukrainian genocide they've already planned and announced.
View Quote

If russian ships are blocking cargo for egypt isn't that piracy or something? Or intentional famine and destabilization?
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 2:34:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Ukraine's Stugna anti-tank missiles destroys two Russian military trucks

Link Posted: 4/5/2022 2:35:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: THOT_Vaccine] [#14]

View All Quotes

BOMARC?

That's the cruise speed. The delivery phase looked a lot like what would be called FOBS today.

Also, I don't suppose the 2200 fps "difference" you're looking to define as a big deal actually mattered all that much in 1950
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 2:35:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Cypher15:

Thenthe question becomes: Is the man made famine threat enough to get the West much more involved?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cypher15:

This is intentional, and part of the larger strategic campaign against the West. Second order effects from the conflict in Ukraine will lead to major food disruptions. We've already heard Zeihan and others talk about the major disruption in fertilizer markets, which will drive down grain yields, which will drive up hunger, leading to another massive refugee crisis. Zeihan said famine could cause a  population loss of two billion, which would be literally Biblical:

Zeihan may be overstating things, but the disruptive effects of blocking trade in grain is real and genuine. Places like Turkey and Egypt get a lot of grain from Ukraine. Russia means to destroy Ukraine, and destroying their markets is one of the tools. By destroying markets for Ukrainian grain, the food crisis will drive millions to flee countries with food crises, seeking access to Europe and America that have better agricultural bases able to withstand the short-term grain shock. The migration crisis will destabilize Western nations (you can't say no to starving people!), and take their attention from Russian aggression against their neighbors. That gives cover for the Ukrainian genocide they've already planned and announced.

Thenthe question becomes: Is the man made famine threat enough to get the West much more involved?

My general impression, from admittedly limited research, is parts of the world were already heading toward famine. This war turned it up to 11. The US is somewhat positioned geographically to ride out a global famine, but the national/global political arena will likely be a disaster all around. I don't think the "possibility" of a famine will get the West to do much more wrt Ukraine since it will mostly effect Africa, China, and Russia (from what I understand.)  I'm not sure how that might play out in the ME and with those oil sources.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 2:36:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 2:37:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SilverLightning] [#17]
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:
Stugna team sets up a convoy ambush.  Lots of cool detail: they receive intel on the targets, discuss priorities, operator loses his shit when the wind or something disturbs the optics and causes the first missile to miss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FrYM7CxYsU
View Quote

This camo looks so cool.  

Attachment Attached File

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEDosD-xLpY
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 2:41:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

If russian ships are blocking cargo for egypt isn't that piracy or something? Or intentional famine and destabilization?
View Quote

This is how you get a world war.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 2:41:55 PM EDT
[#19]
This thread and things like the VA rally are why Arfcom is great.  But you have to pick through a lot more chaff to get any wheat these days.

Critical thinking is deader than my hair follicles.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 2:42:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By AnalogKid:

I fixed that a little for you...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AnalogKid:
Originally Posted By Tiberius:
Originally Posted By CZ75_9MM:
Hopefully there will be one for Kadyrov himself soon.

Cruelest thing you could do to him is take him alive, gift wrap him in bacon, and present him to the Dudayev or Mansour Regiments as a Eid gift. You’d definitely have some Chechen friends after that.

I fixed that a little for you...

I don’t object in principle but I’m sure the good Chechens will need to put hands on him to administer Justice, don’t want to put their souls in jeopardy.

Kadyrov and his men are so screwed if something happens to the Putin Regime and the subsidies dry up.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 2:43:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By M-1975:
View Quote

Where's the rest of the tank?
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 2:43:24 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

Are those ERA boxes and are they supposed to be empty?
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 2:44:20 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

I'm guessing the turret popped off and landed hard on the weak asphalt. No way that is an entire tank
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 2:44:52 PM EDT
[#24]
According to Google, each system has 10 drones.

View Quote

You know what, I'm a scatterbrained bastard today and should have done that legwork.  TY.

So looking at the article I was reading there are a couple interpretations:
1.) Ten systems at 10 drones each.
2.) Unknown number of systems, but the article was simply elaborating in a clumsily worded manner that each 600 system has 10 drones.

I think that 2 is fairly probable.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 2:45:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Stugna team sets up a convoy ambush.  Lots of cool detail: they receive intel on the targets, discuss priorities, operator loses his shit when the wind or something disturbs the optics and causes the first missile to miss

View Quote

This is what I've been wanting to watch,  Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 2:45:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By realwar:

That is probably one of the best fighting videos so far.
View All Quotes

That is probably one of the best fighting videos so far.

It looks like the Uke tank was shooting across the road into the woods on the other side. What are the things that look like flaming duds coming out of the big two story bldg at ~25 seconds in?
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 2:46:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Circuits:

Once they're battle-proven? I imagine they'll a lot of FMS interest, provided Uncle Sugar approves.

It's basically a javelin that you can fly 50km away and loiter over a target area.
View Quote

Kind of. It’s much slower, not fire and forget and I’ve not seen a price but it has EO/IR optics so that’s expensive, though less so than javelin.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 2:46:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Zelensky compares Russia to ISIS for their 'war crimes' in Bucha and tells the UN that women were raped and killed in front of their families and had their tongues cut out

Volodymyr Zelensky has compared Russia to ISIS for their 'war crimes' in Bucha during a fiery speech to the Security Council today as he slammed the UN body for failing to protect Ukraine.

The president said atrocities have been carried out throughout the country, with women raped and killed in front of their families, and people captured and deported to Russia and turned into 'slaves' in his blistering address.

He called out the Security Council for failing to provide any security, demanding Russia's expulsion from the global body and reform to ensure no further illegal invasions in the future.

The Ukrainian president said: 'So where is the security that the Security Council needs to guarantee? It's not there. Although there is a Security Council and so where is the peace?

'It is obvious that the key institution of the world which must ensure the coercion of any aggressor to peace simply cannot work effectively.'

He told of civilians being run over deliberately by tanks, people's tongues being cut out and gang rapes being committed by invading Kremlin forces in 'the most terrible war crimes' since WWII, as he shared a harrowing video of burnt corpses and bodies stuffed in wells to the council.

People 'were killed in their apartments, houses... civilians were crushed by tanks while sitting in their cars in the middle of the road, just for their pleasure,' Zelensky told the Council, including Moscow's envoy.  

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/04/05/15/56251279-10688331-image-a-75_1649170442740.jpg

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/04/05/16/56253495-10688331-image-a-85_1649173988592.jpg

The wartime leader said he feared Russians turning his people into 'silent slaves' as he said 'hundreds of thousands' of Ukrainians have been deported to Russia.

He also urged reform of the UN because the current system of global security has failed, and called on world leaders to act 'immediately' against Russia.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/04/05/16/56253179-10688331-image-a-84_1649173451036.jpg

Russia's envoy Vassily Nebenzia (pictured) predictably dismissed the claims as 'lies' as he repeated unfounded Kremlin claims about Nazis running Ukraine

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/04/05/15/56250575-10688331-image-a-58_1649169656821.jpg

UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres (pictured) has said Russia's invasion of Ukraine is one of the greatest challenges ever to international order

Vassily Nebenzia said Moscow places 'on your conscience the unfounded accusations against the Russian military, which are not confirmed by any eye witnesses.'

He rejected allegations of war crimes, claiming there are 'flagrant inconsistencies in events shown by Ukrainian and Western media'.

The diplomat repeated disproved claims that corpses found in Bucha were not there when Russia withdrew, saying: 'The corpses in no way resemble those that could be lying on the street for three or four days.'

But satellite images shows corpses on the street nearly two weeks before the Russian departure.

Meanwhile UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres has said Russia's invasion of Ukraine is one of the greatest challenges ever to international order.

Speaking to the Security Council in New York, the UN chief said there is mounting evidence of war crimes, rapes and sexual assaults by Putin's forces.

He said, referencing the piles of civilians bodies near the capital of Kyiv which emerged this weekend: 'I will never forget the horrifying images of the civilians in Bucha.'

'The war in Ukraine must stop - now,' Guterres told the Council, after calling it 'one of the greatest challenges ever to the international order.'

'We need serious negotiations for peace, based on the principles of the United Nations Charter,' he said.

Guterres said the war was putting even more pressure on the developing world, with more than 1.2billion people particularly vulnerable to to spiking food, energy and fertilizer costs.

'We are already seeing some countries move from vulnerability into crisis, and signs of serious social unrest,' he added.  

More
View Quote

This is how Russia has always conducted war. They need to be dismantled immediately, everybody involved hanged until dead, and the land mass divided into smaller states derived from ethnic boundaries so that they no longer have the capability to project power beyond their own breakfast tables.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 2:46:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By SilverLightning:

This camo looks so cool.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/396298/Capture_JPG-2338674.JPG
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SilverLightning:

This camo looks so cool.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/396298/Capture_JPG-2338674.JPG
Varan ZSU.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 2:47:30 PM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

He keeps saying "Javelina"
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 2:48:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By glklvr:

View All Quotes

Not sure about the ERA. I'm absolutely positive the turret shouldn't be buried 4 feet into the asphalt though.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 2:48:55 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote
Genocide by hunger....seems I've heard of that before.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 2:48:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BerettaGuy] [#33]
Bump for those wanting to help.
View All Quotes

For those who want to help:

Bump for those wanting to help.

Making money donations to legitimate organizations is fine, but be very careful about making phone calls/emails on behalf of Ukrainian fighters so they can obtain firearms, accessories, night vision, etc..:

Brokering Arms for Ukraine, What You Need To Know: A refresher on the brokering controls within the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).

Link Posted: 4/5/2022 2:51:22 PM EDT
[#34]

Not sure about the ERA. I'm absolutely positive the turret shouldn't be buried 4 feet into the asphalt though.
View All Quotes

It's a defilade, bro. He's in a fighting position. Trust me bro, Russian tanks are the best.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 2:52:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BerettaGuy] [#35]
Originally Posted By kncook:

That was a poll after Russia seized power.

A poll was done before and it was 67% or so in favor of staying Ukrainian.

Keep in mind they are expelling and eradicating the original people in Donbas from 2014.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kncook:
Originally Posted By blueballs:
A guy posted "Over 85% of the people of Donbas voted to leave Ukraine after the US led insurrection fore the former elected government of Ukraine to flee for their lives."  Pretty sure this is Russian propaganda as someone posted up polls from 2014 and they were 27% in favor of leaving.  I can't seem to find it now.  Any facts for this argument?

That was a poll after Russia seized power.

A poll was done before and it was 67% or so in favor of staying Ukrainian.

Keep in mind they are expelling and eradicating the original people in Donbas from 2014.

Correct. And many of the elections and polls were taken after millions fled eastern Ukraine in 2014. Russians, Ukrainian Communist Party members, and communists from at least six countries flocked to eastern/Russian border parts of Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts at that time as well.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 2:56:17 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

Nope. That's typical Russian corruption right there.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 2:57:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:

Making money donations to legitimate organizations is fine, but be very careful about making phone calls/emails on behalf of Ukrainian fighters so they can obtain firearms, accessories, night vision, etc..:

Brokering Arms for Ukraine, What You Need To Know: A refresher on the brokering controls within the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).

View Quote

ITAR is a fukn joke. See: The Taliban
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 2:58:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 3:00:00 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

When this is all over, Ukraine needs to plant all those turrets by the barrel, paint the middle black and the outside yellow; Rooskie sunflowers.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 3:00:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Kharkiv Medical Volunteers Marry Amid Ruins

Kharkiv Medical Volunteers Marry Amid Ruins
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 3:00:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7empest] [#41]
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:

It's a defilade, bro. He's in a fighting position. Trust me bro, Russian tanks are the best.
View Quote

What's a "defilade"?
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 3:01:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By PanzerOfDoom:

When this is all over, Ukraine needs to plant all those turrets by the barrel, paint the middle black and the outside yellow; Rooskie sunflowers.
View Quote

Put some chains around it and it would make a nice little roadside attraction.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 3:01:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Waldo:

Pretty good hang time on that one, I think. Hope the tank commander went with it.
View Quote

I thought all T64's were Ukrainian.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 3:04:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Russia launches anti-air craft missile defense launcher

Russia launches anti-air craft missile defence launcher

RUSSIAN armed forces launch an anti-air craft missile defense launcher, targeting drones in Ukraine.

These images show Russia showing off its Tor air defense system amid claims that it shot down Bayraktar drones used by Ukraine and manufactured by NATO member Turkey.

The images show a military vehicle launching a missile into the sky, where it appears to hit an airborne target.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 3:05:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Russia is bringing in reinforcements and this time it is the A-Team!  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 3:05:38 PM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PanzerOfDoom:

"Ukrainian freedom field"
(Like Cadillac Ranch but with tank turrets)
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 3:06:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By 2tired2run:
This been posted?  Supposed surrender may be fake

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FPhocGZWQBEI7Fn?format=png&name=small
View Quote
Maybe just a bunch from a variety of outfits
https://twitter.com/IAPonomarenko/status/1511238802701959171
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 3:07:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CenterMass762] [#48]
Originally Posted By 7empest:

What's a "defilade"?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:

What's a "defilade"?

A natural or artificial depression in the ground that's used as cover.

Link Posted: 4/5/2022 3:07:13 PM EDT
[#49]
This thread has a lot of solid non mentally ill people in it..
View Quote
Yes, but I'd be curious to know how many people staff have banned from this thread.

What do you say, Zhukov, DK, just give us a rough number?
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 3:07:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Russia launches anti-air craft missile defense launcher

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfWCd8mL0UA

RUSSIAN armed forces launch an anti-air craft missile defense launcher, targeting drones in Ukraine.

These images show Russia showing off its Tor air defense system amid claims that it shot down Bayraktar drones used by Ukraine and manufactured by NATO member Turkey.

The images show a military vehicle launching a missile into the sky, where it appears to hit an airborne target.
View Quote

Mmmm Tor. Doesn't the UA field Tor now too?
Oh yeah. A donation from the Russians.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5590
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top