Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5590
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 10/27/2021 8:27:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Beer_Slayer]
It says it's been moved, but the link just takes me to the Community page. What gives?

This is now the active "shit (might be) is definitely happening in Ukraine" thread.

News links, thanks to BerettaGuy:
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
LINKS TO UKRAINIAN NEWS SOURCES IN ENGLISH

Kyiv Post

Ukrainian News

UKRInform

EUROMAIDEN PRESS

New Voice of Ukraine

Kyiv Independent

Ukraine World

InterFax Ukraine

UATV

Ukrainian Journal

Official Website of the President of Ukraine

Ukrainian Ministry of Defense

Save these links. I can't post all the headlines like I've done in the past - too much news and too often.
View Quote

Please @ me with additional stuff to be added here. I don't currently have time to properly curate this thread otherwise.

New news link c/o berettaguy:

Ukrainian Pravda
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/

Stop fake, anti - disinformation site:
https://www.stopfake.org/en/main/
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 1:00:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Die Orcs.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 1:01:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By amendment:

Aussie and NZ elites won't let their peasantry have arms
View Quote

There are plenty of arms in ANZ.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 1:13:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By outofbattery:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/17F21154-F394-4E52-AB38-F05E224EF664_jpe-2335047.JPG

Everybody in this thread probably knows but cargo 200 is dead,cargo 300 is wounded. What a way for officers to inspire their men.
View Quote

You love to hear it!
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 1:15:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Yobro512:

@realwar

I don’t think there is any video evidence that an active MBT has engaged another except maybe some pictures.
View Quote

I’d caution against reading too much into that, the tanks are in active duty formations which have produced dramatically less content. There’s one tank brigade near Sumy that was outnumbered 3.3:1 at least and held for a month.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 1:16:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 715700] [#5]
Rucksacks and guns dropped by retreating orcs before they cross a river. VDV kit and AK12s showing that they were  obviously the 3rd tier troops only being used for a feint…

Do you want to see the cringiest propaganda short ever filmed for Twitter? Of course you do.

Link Posted: 4/2/2022 1:18:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: THOT_Vaccine] [#6]
One of the things about nuclear weapons that third-world shitholes don't really understand is how much maintenance they require. They have to be constantly cared for because they are always in the process of destroying themselves. Everything about them decays and falls apart. The maintenance is frequently more costly in terms of knowledgeable man hours than their original creation.  

I've seen tons of news about Russian whizbangery tests and verification... what I've not seen in a very long time is any sort of verification that the crap they produced in the 90's (every actual warhead) will even go bang anymore.

Am I wrong? If not, then the whole "We will fucking murder the whole world" threat is just epic buffoonery.  

Link Posted: 4/2/2022 1:19:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

Guess that sums up how the peace talks will go.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:
Originally Posted By realwar:
'There is no outcome other than victory!' Defiant Zelensky says that Ukraine will NEVER concede Crimea or any other territory and his people will not accept anything less than the defeat of invading Russia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgxJwmL2_h0

A defiant Volodymyr Zelensky says that Ukraine will never concede any other territory and his people will not accept anything less than the defeat of Russia.

In a new interview with Fox News' Bret Baier the Ukrainian president explained what a true victory for his war-torn country would look like.

'A victory of truth means a victory for Ukraine and Ukrainians,' Zelensky told the Special Report host. 'The question is when it will end. That is a deep question. It's a painful question. Besides victory, the Ukrainian people will not accept any outcome.'

'We do not trade our territory,' Zelensky told Baier. 'The question of territorial integrity and sovereignty is out of discussion.'  

Over a month into the invasion Zelensky reiterated his desire for Ukraine to join NATO.

'It's hard for us to talk about NATO because NATO doesn't want to admit us,' Zelensky said. 'I think it's a mistake because if we join NATO, we make NATO much stronger. We are not a weak state. We are not proposing to make us stronger at the expense of NATO…We are an addition, we are the locomotive. I think we are one of the important components of the European continent.'

More

Guess that sums up how the peace talks will go.

Ukraine would be fools to give up any of their territories so I'm glad to hear they stand strong on that. In the end it doesn't even matter how the "peace talks" go because Russia never honors their agreements. Russia's "word" even in writing means less than shit.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 1:19:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Did Russia Want to Take Kiev? That Was Never the Plan Says Russia

Link Posted: 4/2/2022 1:24:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Anyone else get the feeling that many Europeans, even those actively fighting, seem to see this conflict as fantasy and a stage production?  They can't report on a battle without a shit ton of music added to the narrative, as if they're trying to get movie production status.  Even where there are dead soldiers and civilians, they always add some kind of music as if it were a video game.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 1:25:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Translation: Russian paratroopers landed again

????????? ????????? ???????????? ????????...

Trans: Yak Russians from the Kiev region flew

?? ?????? ? ???????? ????????

The Russian army fled from near Kyiv because it was in hell

?????????? ????? ??????? ?? ??? ????? ?????? ??? ???????? ? ???!
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 1:26:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Rucksacks and guns dropped by retreating orcs before they cross a river. VDV kit and AK12s showing that they were  obviously the 3rd tier troops only being used for a feint…

View Quote

Shame they don’t have alligators in Ukraine…
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 1:26:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Capta:

Russia under Putin would be stupid enough to trigger a nuclear holocaust over Ukraine.
The West is engaging Russia in a proxy war on its own border under the mutually accepted “rules” that have governed proxy wars for the last 75 years.  The West (IMO) are supplying effective weapons in mass quantities while trying to manage the risks of escalation beyond proxy war.  The West is doing this with the ultimate hope that Putin is replaced with a more reasonable leader.  That is the best case scenario.  The worst case scenario is that Russian opposition fails to materialize and the war escalates anyway.  Western response to that obviously remains unknown and hypothetical.
However, I strongly suspect that the West is prepared to act decisively when necessary.  Putin has shown himself to be an existential threat to Europe and the US.  The Western governments will never admit it, but a first strike has to be on the table right now.
View Quote

Not with fhb as president. He will never launch. He and the party are afraid of going down in history as the instigators of a nuke exchange.
Remember, as Putin and company mentally live in fantasy land yet make decisions in reality, so does fjb and the democrats. Different fantasy but shared reality.
Thus, as the well seasoned meme goes "never underestimate fjb ability to f##k things up.
If decisioning in reality is required, guaranteed fjb will f#ck it up.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 1:26:33 PM EDT
[#13]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFSV6RTIjnE
View Quote

Out of curiosity, do you personally believe it was never the plan?
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 1:27:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Yobro512:

@realwar

I don’t think there is any video evidence that an active MBT has engaged another except maybe some pictures.
View Quote

Yes, but hard to see/highly edited down. I think when this is over we will see thousands of hours of high quality video we haven't seen yet. The Ukrainians are very careful to release minimal information/videos, and much of the population is compliant to help out.

I can't easily find them, but there's been at least one t64 hitting a Russian t72, and a few t72s firing and killing Ukrainian tanks.

Then of course we have the azov bdrm4 killing two ifvs and a t73 all on ir cams.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 1:27:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:
One of the things about nuclear weapons that third-world shitholes don't really understand is how much maintenance they require. They have to be constantly cared for because they are always in the process of destroying themselves. Everything about them decays and falls apart. The maintenance is frequently more costly in terms of knowledgeable man hours than their original creation.  

I've seen tons of news about Russian whizbangery tests and verification... what I've not seen in a very long time is any sort of verification that the crap they produced in the 90's (every actual warhead) will even go bang anymore.

Am I wrong? If not, then the whole "We will fucking murder the whole world" threat is just epic buffoonery.  

View Quote

Well, the problem with that is, you only get one chance. If you test it, and you're wrong, suddenly we're all living Fallout 4.

Even if only 10% work, you're still talking about uncountable millions of dead, during and after.

And I'd be willing to stake a case of PMags a PMag that 10% of them do work. So, yeah, I understand the caution the West is approaching this with.

Feed them weapons and help. Slowly ramp that up, clicking the ratchet notch by notch, and watch Russia bleed, as opposed to just starting WWIII, conventional or nuclear.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 1:29:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Chokey:
View Quote

Bunch of low life crooks like their leaders in moscow.  Except they steal billions from their own people.  Their judgment will come.

By your stubbornness and impenitent heart, you are storing up wrath for yourself for the day of wrath and revelation of the just judgment of God, who will repay everyone according to his works:  eternal life to those who seek glory, honor, and immortality through perseverance in good works, but wrath and fury to those who selfishly disobey the truth and obey wickedness.  Yes, affliction and distress will come upon every human being who does evil, Jew first and then Greek. But there will be glory, honor, and peace for everyone who does good, Jew first and then Greek. There is no partiality with God.   Roman's 2:5-11

Link Posted: 4/2/2022 1:30:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Piratepast40:
Anyone else get the feeling that many Europeans, even those actively fighting, seem to see this conflict as fantasy and a stage production?  They can't report on a battle without a shit ton of music added to the narrative, as if they're trying to get movie production status.  Even where there are dead soldiers and civilians, they always add some kind of music as if it were a video game.
View Quote

Have you watched anything else on tictok? Instagram influencers making duckyface with shoddy plastic surgery and rented clothes.

Social media is a toxic shitpile of shallow egos, and it's our own fault. Just like swedish death metal, and euro raves.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 1:30:13 PM EDT
[#18]

Do you want to see the cringiest propaganda short ever filmed for Twitter? Of course you do.

View Quote

I have no idea what the significance is of an ak12. Is that a 12gauge? And therefore an indicator that it is little more than a prop?
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 1:30:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Rucksacks and guns dropped by retreating orcs before they cross a river. VDV kit and AK12s showing that they were  obviously the 3rd tier troops only being used for a feint

View Quote

Those Ak-12s would fetch a nice price here!
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 1:30:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CPT_CAVEMAN] [#20]

View Quote

Possible. Out of 190k troops how many did they send to take it?

Sarcasm. The convoy alone was supposed to have like 30-40k troops? Seems like an awful lot to send just for a head fake, plus the attempts to take the airfields early on.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 1:31:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HIPPO] [#21]

Link Posted: 4/2/2022 1:32:23 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

JUNE 6, 1944 D-DAY INVASION U.S. COAST GUARD NEWSREEL WWII 87084
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 1:32:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: grambosc] [#23]
Originally Posted By Paraflare:

At about 0:45, a guy slips on the bmp and eats shit lmao.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Paraflare:
Originally Posted By sneedsville:
https://streamable.com/h4ugo8

Haven't seen this one posted yet. Pretty good footage.

At about 0:45, a guy slips on the bmp and eats shit lmao.

Good catch!

I hope it was an Ivan
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 1:33:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By burnka871:

Fucking orc shit
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By burnka871:
Originally Posted By Chokey:

Fucking orc shit

No hair, shoes or gold teeth??
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 1:33:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 1:33:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 1:34:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
View Quote

I feel sick.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 1:34:08 PM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

Damn
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 1:34:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

I have no idea what the significance is of an ak12. Is that a 12gauge? And therefore an indicator that it is little more than a prop?
View All Quotes

Most modern AK variant in the Russian army, decent indicator these weren’t “B” team types.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 1:34:45 PM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

Newest version of the AK. Not in the hands of most troops.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 1:35:16 PM EDT
[#31]

I feel sick.
View All Quotes

I feel sick.

Link Posted: 4/2/2022 1:35:25 PM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

No, it's their newest iteration of 5.45 AKs. Their best model they have.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 1:35:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: x248716x] [#33]
Our border with Russia - that was our land across the river but we’ve conceded it
Attachment Attached File

It’s true,this war couldn’t make Xi happier on every possible level.

Also true:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/41D59CF3-3F5E-4A16-AB1D-895821E8B288_jpe-2334909.JPG
View Quote
well, now would be a good time to recapture that land across the river.  never been a better time.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 1:36:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: veritas8985] [#34]
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 1:37:10 PM EDT
[#35]

I feel sick.
View All Quotes

I feel sick.

Any evidence of this yet? I do recall seeing a picture a few pages back of slaughtered civilians (couldn’t see if male/female) but one appeared to have hands tied behind back.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 1:37:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#36]
View Quote

Not at all.  You are seeing movie production values to reach as wide an audience as possible with the message you want to convey.  I don’t think that means the people in or or near it don’t take it seriously.
Look at the use of the word “orcs” to describe Russian invaders.  This is a really brilliant propaganda weaponization of language, literature, and film.  It uses the imagery of the excellent Peter Jackson films (with the books backing them up for those who read them) and makes a direct connection from that to Russian behavior in Ukraine.  Ergo the Russians must be dealt with as orcs are dealt with.
Whoever came up with that association deservers a fucking medal and a nice cash bonus, seriously.
Calling Russians “orcs” - a non-existent fantasy trope - doesn’t mean that people don’t understand what “orcish” behavior is in the real world.
I saw another video recently which uses a “soundtrack” that was extremely reminiscent of the original Terminator movie, while panning across scenes of widespread destruction.  This brings an unconscious memory to mind of the post-apocalyptic scenes of Terminator 1 and conveys to non-Ukrainians that this could be you.  Your cities will be turned into ruins unless Putin is stopped now.  It’s an effective tool.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 1:38:03 PM EDT
[#37]

I feel sick.
View All Quotes

I feel sick.

Thats some WW2 shit right there.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 1:38:14 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

No,it’s not a 12 gauge;it’s 5.45. I was being sarcastic,the only outfits that have got them yet are their best forces.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 1:39:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Waldo:

Sounds like a way to save face (domestically) as they pull back.

(Insert GWB Mission Accomplished gif here)
View Quote

Russia says the plan was to get their own people killed, re-unite all of europe against them, and absolutely destroy the mythos of the invincible russian army. Russia says the intended to convince the world they are bunch of incompetent clowns.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 1:39:27 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

I feel sick.

I don’t see the Russians wasting their time even burying them unless they were trying to cover something up and honestly I’m not sure they had time to do so.  Weren’t Ukrainians burying dead in mass graves in some places like Kherson & Mariupol?
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 1:39:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Spade] [#41]

View All Quotes

Newest AK variant. Supposed to allow the Russians to better mount optics and accessories.

ETA: in all the vids showing AK12s I note that most of them don't have anything mounted.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 1:41:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Capta:
Not at all.  You are seeing movie production values to reach as wide an audience as possible with the message you want to convey.  I don’t think that means the people in or or near it don’t take it seriously.
Look at the use of the word “orcs” to describe Russian invaders.  This is a really brilliant propaganda weaponization of language, literature, and film.  It uses the imagery of the excellent Peter Jackson films (with the books backing them up for those who read them) and makes a direct connection from that to Russian behavior in Ukraine.  Ergo the Russians must be dealt with as orcs are dealt with.
Whoever came up with that association deservers a fucking medal and a nice cash bonus, seriously.
Calling Russians “orcs” - a non-existent fantasy trope - doesn’t mean that people don’t understand what “orcish” behavior is in the real world.
View Quote

The Russians came up with it tbh. The Last Ringbearer
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 1:42:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:

No, it's their newest iteration of 5.45 AKs. Their best model they have.
View Quote

Got it, I had it backwards. I was misled by "somebody" sarcasm. And now I look like an idiot. The fact that I am an idiot has no bearing on this.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 1:43:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
Put ICBMs all over the Pacific. Make China worried.
View Quote

We have slbms already all over the pacific
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 1:43:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Ghosts of Putin's Army: Columns of Russian armoured vehicles line the highways out of Kyiv in 'tank graveyards' as advancing Ukrainians find civilians shot with their hands tied behind their backs

More
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 1:51:00 PM EDT
[#46]

Maybe it's just me but hitting a target across the border of the enemy which is systemically destroying your country doesn't strike me as an 'escalation'.

Typical liberal think.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 1:52:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 1:56:55 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/2/2022 1:57:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 2:00:12 PM EDT
[#50]
I've always wanted one of those
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:
I've always wanted one of those
It would make New Years fireworks far more fun
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5590
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top