Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5590
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 10/27/2021 8:27:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Beer_Slayer]
It says it's been moved, but the link just takes me to the Community page. What gives?

This is now the active "shit (might be) is definitely happening in Ukraine" thread.

News links, thanks to BerettaGuy:
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
LINKS TO UKRAINIAN NEWS SOURCES IN ENGLISH

Kyiv Post

Ukrainian News

UKRInform

EUROMAIDEN PRESS

New Voice of Ukraine

Kyiv Independent

Ukraine World

InterFax Ukraine

UATV

Ukrainian Journal

Official Website of the President of Ukraine

Ukrainian Ministry of Defense

Save these links. I can't post all the headlines like I've done in the past - too much news and too often.
View Quote

Please @ me with additional stuff to be added here. I don't currently have time to properly curate this thread otherwise.

New news link c/o berettaguy:

Ukrainian Pravda
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/

Stop fake, anti - disinformation site:
https://www.stopfake.org/en/main/
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 1:11:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By glklvr:
I hope Russia isn't pulling back from Kyiv so they can use a WMD.
View Quote
I hope not either
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 1:14:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Ukrainians captured Russian SU - 35 Fighter pilot
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 1:14:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Kanati:
Right? I grew up around the Mississippi delta and I'm not sure I've ever seen it that black.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Right? I grew up around the Mississippi delta and I'm not sure I've ever seen it that black.

Same around the Mobile River delta.  Black but not that black.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 1:15:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Element94:

He's a fucking turd.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Alex9661:

I don't think Kadyrov can do any worse than the clowns who are currently in charge. BTW he's not only a general, he's also a Hero of Russia, а member of Russian Academy of Sciences, and there is a bridge in St. Petersburg named after him.  According to Kadyrov himself, he killed his first Russian when he was 16.

He's a fucking turd.

Wouldn’t it be great if he got Byraktar’d lol.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 1:16:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Chokey:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FPAY06CXIAUsXxf?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

Those poor people.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 1:16:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By jungatheart:
Supposedly Putin is isolated somewhere in the Urals.  If
the Russians use a tactical nuke, a retaliatory strike on
his location would seem to be appropriate and not kill
a lot of innocent civilians.  

Doesn't even matter if it doesn't kill Putin because he'd be
unable to leave or communicate with the outside world.
View Quote

Except he’s in a nuclear bunker.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 1:17:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By AlabamaFan64:

View All Quotes

I read something where 25% of the worlds "black soil" is in Ukraine.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 1:18:29 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

I spent some time digging foxholes in Ms. The orange clay is a bitch to camouflage. My area of virginia is similar. When I wanted piles and piles of red clay to build a wood stove I just got it from a low spot in the backyard. When I lived in kansas, my grandfather had a garden and he said the soil is like coffee.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 1:20:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 1:21:44 PM EDT
[#10]

View All Quotes

Only soil I’ve ever seen that dark is from my leaf compost pile.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 1:24:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
I don't know how you respond in kind to a nuke. What is an "in kind" response? Does a small town in Russia get nuked?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By m35ben:
Originally Posted By rca2222:

It's not a question of balls. It would be moronic.

Total nuclear exchange will not be the answer to a small nuke used against Ukraine.

At most there would be a response in kind.
I don't know how you respond in kind to a nuke. What is an "in kind" response? Does a small town in Russia get nuked?

The smart move for 'response in kind' would be nuking Russian forces in Crimea.

-Avoids escalation of hitting russian homeland
-Keeps weapons employment 'in theater' ie within the war zone
-Would ruin Crimea as  a base of military operations for Russia both now and in the future
-Spoils their main prize in the war

That said, I dont think responding with nuclear arms is the smart move - at all.

A tactical nuke should prompt a massed conventional response - partying like its 1991/2003 on Saddam - that scours every single Russian force off the face of Ukraine. Casualties would likely be higher from thousands of PGMs vs 1x tac nuke, while keeping the moral onus and pariah status of using nukes firmly on Russia, and also making further nuclear escalation less likely.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 1:25:06 PM EDT
[#12]

God look at how black that soil is.
View All Quotes

Damn... I said the exact same words out loud as soon as I saw that picture. There is a good reason that Ukraine is known for having some of the best topsoil on Earth...
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 1:26:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By sq40:

So a mutual defense pact between Ukraine, Israel, Poland, Canada and Turkey?  Didn’t see that coming.
View Quote

Only one of those countries would come to ukraines aid in the future.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 1:27:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By kncook:

View All Quotes

There's a couple of ways the make that meaningless.
1) Cobalt salted bombs. If its a deeeep bunker he would probably live but he would never be able to come out of his hole.
2) Rods from god until magma boils out of the ground
3) Surface detonate many small warheads about five minutes apart for a day. They make progressively larger craters.
4) Others

It all depends on how emphatically you want to say fuck you really.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 1:28:19 PM EDT
[#15]

Yeah, but look at all the rocks.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stone-age:

I've heard the region has some of the best soil in the world. What we have where I am is a bunch of red clay.

Yeah, but look at all the rocks.

It's a tough life pickin' stones and pullin' teets but, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 1:28:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

Everyone building bunkers would be better served spending the money to develop a food plot and long term storage. Can't eat a geiger counter.
View Quote

Both coach...
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 1:29:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:

-Would ruin Crimea as  a base of military operations for Russia both now and in the future

That said, I dont think responding with nuclear arms is the smart move - at all.

A tactical nuke should prompt a massed conventional response - partying like its 1991/2003 on Saddam - that scours every single Russian force off the face of Ukraine. Casualties would likely be higher from thousands of PGMs vs 1x tac nuke, while keeping the moral onus and pariah status of using nukes firmly on Russia, and also making further nuclear escalation less likely.
View Quote
I don't think nuking Ukraine for Ukraine being nuked is a correct response. Doing so is akin to saying using nukes is acceptable if you are willing to pay the price.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 1:34:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Haub] [#18]

"This is Roman Hrybov. On 24 February, 2022, Hrybov was serving as a border guard on assignment to Snake Island when the Russian cruiser Moskva issued an ultimatum to the thirteen border guards on the small island. Hrybov responded to Moskva with the now famous phrase, “Russky voyenny korabl, idi na khuy” (Russian Warship, Go F*** Yourself)

The thirteen defenders, believed to be dead, fought until they were out of ammunition and were taken prisoner by the Russians but have since been released in prisoner exchanges. Here we see Hrybov being awarded a medal upon his return home"
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 1:37:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/russians-live-abroad-say-moscow-hardening-views-back-home-rcna20605

Insight into just how effective Russian propaganda is when it is already working on fertile ground.
View Quote

It would take 2 generations to undo that crap. Until russia has good exposure to the rest of the world for 2 generations, russians will continue to be soviets. Americans need to come to the understanding they are not like us and they will not be like us anytime soon.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 1:38:16 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

Who the fuck thinks putting a nuke on Russian soil will not kill a lot of civilians. It would kill half the world.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 1:40:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:

View Quote

I agree with the massive conventional response. Burn Russian forces in Ukraine's sovereign territory (LPR, DPR, Crimea, Ukraine) to nothing. Every BUFF. Every B2. Every F-35, F-22. Nothing Russian stepped foot in the country survives. This would be useful not only for this conflict (use nukes, get slaughtered) but any other that could be concerned. Then transmit all of that footage to Russia via hacked PCs and TV, and show them the horror they themselves unleashed that caused hundreds of thousands of Russian military to cease from life over a few days.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 1:40:17 PM EDT
[#22]

It would take 2 generations to undo that crap. Until russia has good exposure to the rest of the world for 2 generations, russians will continue to be soviets. Americans need to come to the understanding they are not like us and they will not be like us anytime soon.
View All Quotes
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/russians-live-abroad-say-moscow-hardening-views-back-home-rcna20605

Insight into just how effective Russian propaganda is when it is already working on fertile ground.

It's already undone with much of the younger generation. That's why as of two weeks ago about 250k young Russians left Russia. They're just waiting for the Soviet era folks to die.

But I've said this before, and nobody wants to listen so...
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 1:42:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

I’m annoyed at all of the people who think they are in the right because they are reactionaries who stopped voting for democrats after they voted for Carter.
View Quote

My dad did that. Then he abandoned the republicans after supporting them with money.  As a texan, he felt the republicans stabbed him in the back granting amnesty to illegals.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 1:43:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Regarding a potential NBC attack this is a potentially what they could be facing.

Prior to the fall of the Soviet Union, Vil Mirzayanov was a part of the team responsible for the development of a new nerve agent weapon  what was to become Novichok. The requirements for the new weapon were three-fold. It needed to be able to circumvent the language present in existing chemical weapons treaties by utilizing only chemicals that had not been banned. The second requirement was that it needed to be undetectable using current technology. Finally and most egregiously, it needed to be able to kill NATO troops even while they wore standard issue chemical protective gear. Novichok was developed as a binary compound that would be carried in separate containers. Each container and the chemicals within in could be safely transported and would be extremely difficult to detect using traditional methods, but when combined, the nerve agent would become active and extremely deadly. Novichok has no color, taste, or odor.  Once exposed to Novichok, there is no "cure;" only lengthy and difficult treatment.

https://www.19fortyfive.com/2022/03/novichok-the-chemical-weapon-russia-used-to-kill-its-enemies/

Link Posted: 3/29/2022 1:46:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 1:47:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

It's already undone with much of the younger generation. That's why as of two weeks ago about 250k young Russians left Russia. They're just waiting for the Soviet era folks to die.

View Quote

Yeah. But the iron curtain is now almost closed again and I expect it will stay that way. Toddlers will grow up with the propaganda and hear it reinforced by their grandparents. Their parents will shut the fuck up for fear of being picked up by the secret police. Interviews in russia show it is happening right now.
There is a reason those 250k are not staying. Their opinions will not be shared with others in russia. They are basically no longer russians.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 1:48:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By CS223:
Regarding a potential NBC attack this is a potentially what they could be facing.

Prior to the fall of the Soviet Union, Vil Mirzayanov was a part of the team responsible for the development of a new nerve agent weapon  what was to become Novichok. The requirements for the new weapon were three-fold. It needed to be able to circumvent the language present in existing chemical weapons treaties by utilizing only chemicals that had not been banned. The second requirement was that it needed to be undetectable using current technology. Finally and most egregiously, it needed to be able to kill NATO troops even while they wore standard issue chemical protective gear. Novichok was developed as a binary compound that would be carried in separate containers. Each container and the chemicals within in could be safely transported and would be extremely difficult to detect using traditional methods, but when combined, the nerve agent would become active and extremely deadly. Novichok has no color, taste, or odor.  Once exposed to Novichok, there is no "cure;" only lengthy and difficult treatment.

https://www.19fortyfive.com/2022/03/novichok-the-chemical-weapon-russia-used-to-kill-its-enemies/

View Quote

Novichok is just a ripoff of VX.

... The've used it several times in the recent past and it's pretty well understood. That article is reminiscent of cold war era FUD.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 1:48:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 1:49:18 PM EDT
[#29]
I thunk the proper response to a nuke being used in Ukraine, would be a massive strike on assets outside of Russia.

Sink everything in the black sea. Everything.

F22's / 117s / tomahawks destroy every known Russian air defense system in Crimea and Ukraine proper.

Precision strikes on every unit around mariupol and Crimea. Allow Ukraine to take back Crimea, and mop up.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 1:50:00 PM EDT
[#30]

They need to do both. And a fallout shelter can be built in a basement.

You can't eat if you are dying of radiation sickness.
View All Quotes

True.

Everyone building bunkers would be better served spending the money to develop a food plot and long term storage. Can't eat a geiger counter.

Of course, 3.6 roentgen tomatoes and corn may leave a bad aftertaste.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 1:52:33 PM EDT
[#31]

To be fair: We're in this thread being happy about Russians getting killed so I don't know why that would surprise you. Also keep in mind that the Russian population gets nothing but propaganda fed to them 24/7.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GTLandser:

So the invasion so far hasn't been brutal enough to suit the Russian public's taste?

You've been right all along about these people.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/EgcB5I3-51.gif

To be fair: We're in this thread being happy about Russians getting killed so I don't know why that would surprise you. Also keep in mind that the Russian population gets nothing but propaganda fed to them 24/7.

The fact that we have someone to hate, other than ourselves, again, is brewing a strange comfort to people.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 1:53:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:

1) Cobalt salted bombs. If its a deeeep bunker he would probably live but he would never be able to come out of his hole.
3) Surface detonate many small warheads about five minutes apart for a day. They make progressively larger craters.
4) Others

View Quote

They found that rods from god did no more damage that the same payload of actual bombs for all the weight and energy required to take them into space. But if we actually do have rods from god, one of them should have accidentally fallen in russia with us taking the russian plan of just pretending we had nothing to do with it. "We don't know where it came from. Russia must have hit themselves in an attempt to blame us.(shrug) Sure hope it doesn't happen again."
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 1:55:50 PM EDT
[#33]

Yeah. But the iron curtain is now almost closed again and I expect it will stay that way. Toddlers will grow up with the propaganda and hear it reinforced by their grandparents. Their parents will shut the fuck up for fear of being picked up by the secret police. Interviews in russia show it is happening right now.
There is a reason those 250k are not staying. Their opinions will not be shared with others in russia. They are basically no longer russians.
View Quote

Not with today's information highway. There is no way to hide what they have done.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 1:57:03 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

True.

Last thing on my list before sealing the bunker is covering the garden with 12 mil plastic and tossing the cover on the pool so my "aquifer" stays somewhat shielded.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 1:57:38 PM EDT
[#35]
A laser designating Bayraktar (working in conjunction with laser guided artillery) would be epic.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 1:59:09 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

True.

And this is why you need something that can do alpha counting in low ranges
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 1:59:55 PM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

Lol.

Yes, they are still Russians- they just hate what their government is doing. Until Russia has an internal only internet (which they may do, but haven't yet), young people will continue to use their VPNs.

You're suggesting the people that left aren't talking to those who didn't? I don't know what else to tell you but you're very wrong, but you always seem to have better information than I do.

Link Posted: 3/29/2022 2:01:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Fourman:
What is this basement thing you call?   Texas normally does not have basements....so canned sunshine for all here
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Fourman:

True.

What is this basement thing you call?   Texas normally does not have basements....so canned sunshine for all here

Dig. That KI4U.com company is based in Texas along with Atlas Survival Shelters. Both sell shelters and KI4U has an inexpensive one that will put 4-5 feet of earth above your head.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 2:03:55 PM EDT
[#39]

Dig. That KI4U.com company is based in Texas along with Atlas Survival Shelters. Both sell shelters and KI4U has an inexpensive one that will put 4-5 feet of earth above your head.
View Quote

Jesus, someone needs to make KI4U an updated website.   That looks like it came straight outta 1996
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 2:04:17 PM EDT
[#40]
So a mutual defense pact between Ukraine, Israel, Poland, Canada and Turkey?  Didn’t see that coming.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Oiparhon:
https://www.dw.com/en/russia-pledges-to-scale-down-military-activity-near-kyiv-chernihiv-live-updates/a-61286047
Russia-Ukraine talks conclude in Istanbul
Ukrainian and Russian negotiators concluded face-to-face peace talks in Istanbul on Tuesday, with the Ukrainian side saying that there have been enough developments to have a meeting between the presidents of the two countries.

Russia said the talks were "constructive," raising hopes that there could be progress toward ending the war.

However, Russian top negotiator Medinsky said a meeting between Putin and Zelenskyy is possible only if a deal has been approved by the foreign ministries of both countries.

Following the talks, Ukrainian negotiators told reporters that Kyiv would agree to a neutral status if a security guarantee system is put in place. They said, under the new system, Israel, Poland, Canada and Turkey could be among Ukraine’s security guarantors.

The neutral status would include not hosting any foreign military bases on Ukrainian territory.

There needs to be full peace across Ukraine for any final agreement with Russia to come into force, the Ukrainian side stressed, adding that a referendum would be needed in Ukraine on the terms of any final deal.

They also proposed holding consultations with Russia on the status of Crimea.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Podolyak_M/status/1508786985825144833?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1508786985825144833%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dw.com%2Fen%2Frussia-pledges-to-scale-down-military-activity-near-kyiv-chernihiv-live-updates%2Fa-61286047[/tweet]
If Poland were a security guarantor that would come into the game next time Russia invades Ukraine, that has interesting possibilities. Russia wouldn't be able to attack Polish assets inside Poland without hitting NATO Art. 5. At first look, that group doesn't look too impressive, but imagine what the current situation would look like if Polish air forces were striking Russian positions, and returning to Polish bases to refuel & rearm.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 2:04:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Zam18th:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FPA7AhYVIAErhY2?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

ODA

Like I said 900 pages ago.

18X are there
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 2:06:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By 1Andy2:

Jesus, someone needs to make KI4U an updated website.   That looks like it came straight outta 1996
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 1Andy2:

They have been around forever. That site hasn't changed in a long long time...
My memory says that's exactly as it was pre Y2K
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 2:06:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 2:07:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Is there a good site to track current developments in the war?  This thread has turned into a WMD fantasy thread.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 2:10:10 PM EDT
[#45]

Anybody else notice that all the text on the display for the ATGM was in Arabic? But this looked like it was shot in forest terrain in winter, and they were all speaking Ukrainian. So who was the ATGM operator?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Kuhndog:
Russian TOS-1 taken out.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/status/1508589546212048903?s=20&t=Yi_YLmdWbTIAuQpKCtPpCg[/tweet]

Anybody else notice that all the text on the display for the ATGM was in Arabic? But this looked like it was shot in forest terrain in winter, and they were all speaking Ukrainian. So who was the ATGM operator?

Perhaps Abu TOW has entered the chat?

This guy is the worlds most prolific ATGM user; an ATGM ACE multiple times over. He has 140 confirmed hits...including several aircraft.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 2:13:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By TylerF:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Igor19840405/status/1508818088489328642?s=20&[/tweet]Russian troops pull back from Chernihiv.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/TadeuszGiczan/status/1508793606261420036?ref_src=twsrc[/tweet]VDV pulling back into Belarus
View Quote
It hurts a little to see all those vehicles lined up so tight and neat, and not getting lit up at all.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 2:15:21 PM EDT
[#47]
This dude is living as "real"  a life as an IG model

Link Posted: 3/29/2022 2:15:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By cryo_tech:
I thunk the proper response to a nuke being used in Ukraine, would be a massive strike on assets outside of Russia.

Sink everything in the black sea. Everything.

F22's / 117s / tomahawks destroy every known Russian air defense system in Crimea and Ukraine proper.

Precision strikes on every unit around mariupol and Crimea. Allow Ukraine to take back Crimea, and mop up.
View Quote

Destroy Russian naval assets in Kaliningrad and declare it is no longer Russian territory. Split it between Lithuania and Poland. Historically it's not Russian land. Isn't that what Russia likes doing and the same excuse for Crimea? Fine  let's play that game.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 2:15:33 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

Leshchenko said talking to friends back home is increasingly difficult as the Kremlin takes further hold of the media and lines of communication. Those who haven't fled the country refuse to talk to her about the conflict, blame the West and the U.S., or say they may not like the war, but they feel they must support the regime and the military.

Another friend of Leshchenko's in Russia, who never shared an interest in politics before, asked her about the West's views and seemed curious to learn more. But then the friend argued that Russian attacks, such as the bombardment of a maternity hospital in Mariupol, were staged by the West. She insisted the woman photographed by The Associated Press being evacuated from the hospital was a prostitute and wore makeup to look as though she was in a bombing  a recent line of Russian propaganda.

Russian expats who spoke to NBC News also emphasized that Westerners, particularly Americans, don't fully grasp the ongoing undercurrent of anti-Western and anti-American sentiment that pervades public opinion there.

The Kremlin and many Russians view this as a war with the West and the U.S. That might surprise many Westerners, but some experts argue it is a defining feature of Russia's worldview.

In his book "The Return of the Russian Leviathan," Sergei Medvedev, a Russian social sciences professor at Moscow's Higher School of Economics, wrote that "Geopolitics in today's Russia is simply an ideology that justifies imperial ambitions and the state's priority over the individual in the allegedly eternal confrontation between Russia and the West in the battle for resources."

Leshchenko said that has been true for as long as she can remember. Americans and Westerners may believe they're not involved, but Russia views the U.S. and NATO as the actual threat they are fighting in Ukraine.

"Russians often blame the West for most things," she said. "Any time there was a problem within the country, who do you think was blamed? Usually America. And that's kind of what I grew up with. This is not something new: It has always been there."

One more reason those sanctions need to in place for a decade
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 2:16:38 PM EDT
[#50]

4) Others

View All Quotes

4) Others

No bunker is a nuclear bunker.  Not with 6 inch CEP and earth-penetrating warheads.  Paraphrasing LX's description of the likely result of a hit on his LCC:  the bunker might survive, but the surrounding dirt won't, and everyone inside the bunker is about to go for a (lethal) ride to the bottom of the crater.

Camouflets are a thing.

It's not that we can't kill Putin in one of those bunkers, and do it undetectably until the flash;  it's that we don't know if we can stop the response to such an act.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5590
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top