Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5590
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 10/27/2021 8:27:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Beer_Slayer]
It says it's been moved, but the link just takes me to the Community page. What gives?

This is now the active "shit (might be) is definitely happening in Ukraine" thread.

News links, thanks to BerettaGuy:
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
LINKS TO UKRAINIAN NEWS SOURCES IN ENGLISH

Kyiv Post

Ukrainian News

UKRInform

EUROMAIDEN PRESS

New Voice of Ukraine

Kyiv Independent

Ukraine World

InterFax Ukraine

UATV

Ukrainian Journal

Official Website of the President of Ukraine

Ukrainian Ministry of Defense

Save these links. I can't post all the headlines like I've done in the past - too much news and too often.
View Quote

Please @ me with additional stuff to be added here. I don't currently have time to properly curate this thread otherwise.

New news link c/o berettaguy:

Ukrainian Pravda
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/

Stop fake, anti - disinformation site:
https://www.stopfake.org/en/main/
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:12:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PurpleOtter:
This story has been reported for weeks now. It almost seems like Lukashenko is just stringing Putin along about committing to actualy taking part in the invasion. You would think he's worried if he crosses that line he might be toppled. It's almost like he's ghosting Putin over text messages.

"Yes Vlad, I'll be there, on my way now"
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mnd6563:
This story has been reported for weeks now. It almost seems like Lukashenko is just stringing Putin along about committing to actualy taking part in the invasion. You would think he's worried if he crosses that line he might be toppled. It's almost like he's ghosting Putin over text messages.

That is a good thought.  It could also be to force Ukraine to keep forces along the Bellarus border to prevent them from fighting in the east.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:12:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Logistics of Russian POW's may start becoming an issue.

View Quote

Send them on rail cars to Poland, I'm sure they would love to return the favors they got of Soviet rule.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:13:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By cryo_tech:

Send them to Poland. LOL
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cryo_tech:

Send them to Poland. LOL

Should send over sheriff joe to deal with them...
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:14:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By MBUZICHOMA:

That is a good thought.  It could also be to force Ukraine to keep forces along the Bellarus border to prevent them from fighting in the east.
View All Quotes

I think it's like the amphibious feint towards Odessa, just tying forces down that could be used elsewhere.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:14:35 PM EDT
[#5]

View All Quotes

The Belarusian army is only something like 65k troops.

"On the Belarusian-Ukrainian border - an accumulation of offensive weapons

Maxar has published new photos from the Gomel region.

The SBU estimates the probability of Belarus' invasion of Ukraine as quite high. It may be about sending from 10 to 15 thousand soldiers."

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:16:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Element94:

ITs actually not a coal roller.
View Quote

It runs on a petroleum product called Mazut. (Poorly)
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:16:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By eesmith:
Ian McCollum messaged me to ask for recommendations for places to donate he could boost on his channel, I messaged you twice because I was going to have him send his followers your way but you never responded.

I had two other people (Nancy Rommelmann and Antonio Garcia Martinez) that were willing to boost you as well.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Tboy:
Originally Posted By Obo2:

I don't think ukr is set up to accommodate all the domestic volunteers let alone foreigners.

Seems to me the best westerners could be doing is organizing material aid in to poland and organizing the foreign legion better to maybe help get some of that stuff to the front. And helping provide for and further disperse refugees

Best thing to do now is get with KNOWN individuals that are sending materials & financial aid to UA.  I was told of a European source for the much needed tourniquets but we just don't have the money to cover these costs.  Too bad staff ignored by request to try to get something going here.

(Another siren going off just to let those of you know how frequent it is becoming here)
Ian McCollum messaged me to ask for recommendations for places to donate he could boost on his channel, I messaged you twice because I was going to have him send his followers your way but you never responded.

I had two other people (Nancy Rommelmann and Antonio Garcia Martinez) that were willing to boost you as well.

Why would he do that when he can sit on here and bitch about how dumb Ukrainians are and how useless and pointless it is for anyone to try to help them?
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:17:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

lol.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ludder093:

lol.

That's really a national embarassment
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:19:37 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

Legit question what do you do when you can’t manage that many POWs? When you may not have enough supplies for your own civilians and military? Can they ship them off to another country ?
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:22:43 PM EDT
[#10]

God, you can even see a sheen on the water.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CZ75_9MM:
Looks like a volcanic eruption.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FOY8G_HXoAEvtcQ?format=jpg&name=large

God, you can even see a sheen on the water.

It's incredible, you can track her from space with the smoke, and the leaking.  Landsat 8 image.

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:24:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By SpaceGuy:
If the US was being invaded by the Soviets with the goal of a full Communist takeover, you would hate Reagan for banning the communists and pro communist parties because they would be the ones running the puppet government. Really?

They are waiting to depose the government and install a government that is identical to Lushenkos where opposition parties aren't just undermined, but secret policd killing them. I take it you totally forget what the Russians have done to Ukrainian politicians that tow the line?

Zelensky isn't a Saint but you sre utterly retarded for thinking its OK to let the people trying to overthrow you stay in the country, waiting to run it for the Russians.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SpaceGuy:
Originally Posted By Levi24:

Interesting:   If I was to listen to what seems to the majority of posters in this thread and most of what I am hearing everywhere; Zelensky is an avid patriot and his values and actions align with that of a democracy and even George Washington.

This does not seem to be true.   While he certainly is a patriot and is doing a great job to bring the people together to fight the Russian invaders, he (UKR in general) does not champion democracy.

Here is why:

1) The people were not allowed weapons to fight with until the actual invasion.   Right or wrong?  
2) He moved to ban all other political parties and news media that disagrees with him.

These are all one needs to know as to whether he and UKR are a democracy and align with our values of liberty.   These are basic actions of an Authoritarian government.    

That being said, I support sending weapons and other support to aid Ukraine and do not want to see any nation sacrificed to Putin.   He is despicable and history does repeat itself.   If Putin moves to invade Poland or other lines are crossed, then that is a different ballgame.   Tucker is right on the above link/broadcast.  

If the US was being invaded by the Soviets with the goal of a full Communist takeover, you would hate Reagan for banning the communists and pro communist parties because they would be the ones running the puppet government. Really?

They are waiting to depose the government and install a government that is identical to Lushenkos where opposition parties aren't just undermined, but secret policd killing them. I take it you totally forget what the Russians have done to Ukrainian politicians that tow the line?

Zelensky isn't a Saint but you sre utterly retarded for thinking its OK to let the people trying to overthrow you stay in the country, waiting to run it for the Russians.
Just ignore this guy.  He's either a Qtard or a Russian shill.  Or both.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:24:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:27:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:28:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:28:44 PM EDT
[#15]

View All Quotes

They've had to do that anyway. The staging area at Brest has uncommitted Russian forces (an earlier forces map had the 29th CAA cooling their heels there).
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:29:48 PM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:31:13 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

These “Belarus is gonna join soon” tweets are getting tiresome. Been said since the war started.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:31:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Chokey:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FOd5kD0WYAEck3G?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FOd58s4X0AQ1gK5?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote

Thank you. I've been wondering what that was.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:33:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:

You continue to marginalize my background as a Ukrainian who attended 8 years of a Ukrainian school, grew up with HUNDREDS of Ukrainians who were born there, speak the language, 50+ years immersed in the culture WHICH EXISTS HERE BY THE WAY,  I worked with the Ukrainian government, have family there, and I'm in contact with Ukrainians IN UKRAINE RIGHT NOW, etc. I've ignored your bullshit yet you continue to either make comments about my posts or write crap which you just posted. You have repeatedly made insulting and disparaging remarks about Ukrainians, Ukrainian history, etc. yet you keep saying you will die for Ukrainians - and you were called out by the two other Americans in Ukraine for some of this. You never answered my question regarding the ethnicity and background of the family you are staying with since it seemed they were influencing some of your views. And have you posted even one photo (that you took) in the entire thread? Why aren't there a bunch of photos posted by you?
View Quote

To busy to be constantly posting photos and they don't like the cool pictures being taken so I've gotten into trouble (I'm not here to entertain or brag about what I'm doing or play "Mr Expert").  Do I need to constantly post pictures of me and my daily life here to be have credibility in your eyes?  Do you need to see a copy of my TRP?  Yes, I'm calling you out because you're an American that has NEVER visited Ukraine your entire life even though you've had many opportunities but have deemed yourself an expert based on what other people are telling you and what you've been taught (which I am convinced has a ethnic Ukrainian slant to it, like Texas history I was taught).  So stop labeling yourself as the sole expert and not allowing other views to be posted here without attacking/challenging my credibility WHICH YOU started.  

Yes, I have been VERY critical of Ukrainians but you are an AMERICAN.  I have that right since I live here, refuse to leave, and am actively helping those in need.  It might shock you but MANY Ukrainians also like to be critical of fellow Ukrainians - it's their culture apparently.  They've had time to self reflect since Feb 24 and have told me how foolish and stupid they were AFTER my REPEATED pleas to prepare for war.  I don't harp on their flawed mindset but do everything I can to help, even if many times it can be frustrating.

You need to be honest with yourself and realize all this information that you've read isn't always correct or true so need to admit when you're wrong.  So, to answer your question (which has derailed this thread but needs to be stated to understand context), Western Ukraine is made up of various ethnic groups but I will limit it to just a few - Transcarpathians, Polish, Jewish, Russian, Armenian, and Ukrainian.  Bandera was in charge of a ethnic Ukrainian militant group from the 40s-50s in Western Ukraine where he fought against those that weren't Ukrainian.  That is one of the reasons why there are many Ukrainians that DO NOT LIKE the BLACK/RED flag because of their experiences (or stories from their families) under his terror campaign.  Did he kill some Germans and Soviets?  Absolutely.  Did he also kill innocent civilians?  Sadly, yes. I have some friends that embrace the Nationalism movement, others that are afraid of it.  When I bring it up, there's always some debate and not 100% support (this is Western UA where this is the home of Nationalism movement).  

I've posted an event of war crimes committed by this group which you never responded to because you were probably not taught about this and refuse to accept this happened.  Facts that I have been told is that various ethnic Poles and Jews were killed by Ukrainian nationalists.  This isn't disputed.  This is fact.  I was sitting in Rivne on Saturday (picking up a family to get them to Poland - sorry no photo op for you) and I was having a discussion of what was currently going on with this war.  I was then stopped during our conversation, the person looked at me, pointed to the red/black flag and asked me if I knew what that was and then said there was even a statue of the guy.  She then went on to tell me that her grandmother (ethnic Pole) told her horror stories about what happened to them by Bandera's group during the war since Rivne was 80% Polish/Jewish population.  I didn't ask about specifics because she gets upset every time she mentions this group.

The next day I was telling another friend how great the Poles were on my recent trips to the Polish border (taking refugees, buying food, and then returning to get medical supplies - no pics) and she started to tell me how she was just comparing who she hated more - Poles or Russians.  I also have a Ukrainian friend who's grandfather was a Russian KGB officer stationed in Lviv.  I can go on but that's just a waste of time.  I will say that there is not one unified opinion/mindset with actual locals and I've had MANY conversations many times with MANY Ukrainians, not just the same conversations with the same people that I know their views.  One thing I do know, it doesn't matter their heritage, folks born in Ukraine are Ukrainians and are united in this fight, regardless of which language they embrace.

And as a footnote, Ukrainians constantly tell me how bad they are and warn me about their countrymen.  Once they like a person and view them as a friend they will want to protect that person from other unscrupulous people.  I've lost track how common this is, right after they ask me WHY I wanted to move here.

Again, I'm not an expert.  Just relaying information that I am seeing, hearing, observing.  I have no agenda here except to get the truth out and keep folks informed while hoping to find out why I'm constantly getting so many sirens going off.  This thread isn't for my entertainment, I have tried to rely on it many times but don't have the luxury to try to catch after being away for days at a time.

Sorry to derail guys, I'm just wanting everyone to understand the mindset of Ukrainians and what I'm experiencing here since many of you have preconceived notions and prejudices from information that you've read.  Ukraine isn't a lost cause and is worth fighting for.  At this time, I don't think the US should send any forces but instead the world should equip Ukrainians to finally fight for themselves and EARN their ultimate independence that they've never had.

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:33:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Dracster:

View All Quotes

That needs to go to the US on the earliest plane out.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:34:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:35:02 PM EDT
[#22]
The Belarusian army is only something like 65k troops.

"On the Belarusian-Ukrainian border - an accumulation of offensive weapons

Maxar has published new photos from the Gomel region.

The SBU estimates the probability of Belarus' invasion of Ukraine as quite high. It may be about sending from 10 to 15 thousand soldiers."

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-03-22_11-25-59_jpg-2322368.JPG
View Quote

It's very possible the belarus soldiers and belarus civilians are resisting to the point it  is causing problems.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:35:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Looks like UKR got a copy of russia's plans about 2 weeks ago.

UKR cuts supply lines....

Karhiv Shelling

Europeans doing european things......something to remember the US only has one domestically owned manufacturer of electrical infrastructure the rest are European owned, they will sell to anyone.  Such as Siemens PLC's in Iran's nuke program.

Possible Javelin strike...

Russian Pontoon bridges over Siversky River

Kramatorsk Airport hit

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:36:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By ludder093:
View Quote

Guess we won't be seeing this ship in the fight in Ukraine. Still a work in progress after a major refit. And Hole in deck from Crane crashing into it when dry dock sank. And a major fire.

What is the record for a ship having it's name changed ?

The initial name of the ship was Riga; it was launched as Leonid Brezhnev, embarked on sea trials as Tbilisi, and finally named Admiral Flota Sovetskogo Soyuza Kuznetsov after Admiral of the fleet of the Soviet Union Nikolay Gerasimovich Kuznetsov.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:36:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:

Agreed. I talk to my relatives in Germany quite often and sent that to my old neighbor. He said "They should move to Russia" - and that's putting it politely.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FrankyRay:

On a Thursday at the end of February, Russia attacked Ukraine at the behest of Kremlin chief Vladimir Putin . Three days later, Chancellor Olaf Scholz ( SPD ) spoke in the Bundestag of a "turning point". NATO must become more powerful, Germany must get more involved  Scholz also announced a special fund of 100 billion euros for the Bundeswehr , which should be anchored in the Basic Law.

A good 600 celebrities from politics, church, science and culture have now published an appeal against the armament plans. The letter, which SPIEGEL has seen, clearly opposes Russian aggression. Putin's war "cannot be justified by anything," the Kremlin chief bears full responsibility for the dead and based his invasion on "lies and propaganda."

Nevertheless, an armament as a deterrent is the wrong way. "A massive upgrade of the Bundeswehr will not help the people in Ukraine," says the appeal. "The acquisition of conventional weapons such as combat aircraft and weapon-capable drones as a deterrent under nuclear military blocs is pointless."

The undersigned fear that spending on the Bundeswehr will lead to cuts elsewhere, in research, in the social and cultural spheres. Codification of arms spending in the Basic Law is a "democratic scandal." The decision needs a broad democratic discussion.

The appeal was initiated, among others, by the SPD politicians Andrea Ypsilanti and Jan Dieren, by the left-wing politician Julia Schramm and the sociologist Klaus Drre. Signers include former Green MP Hans-Christian Strbele, Green Youth spokeswoman Sarah-Lee Heinrich, theologian Margot Kmann , IG Metall board member Hans-Jrgen Urban, actresses Katja Riemann and Corinna Harfouch and singer Bela B. and Sebastian Krumbiegel.

The appeal comes at the beginning of the four-day budget debate in the Bundestag . Parliament has been discussing the new budget, which provides for special spending on defense, since the morning. "Our solidarity with our European neighbors is long-term," Finance Minister Christian Lindner ( FDP ) defended his plans at the opening of the debate. He called for an "international Marshall plan for Ukraine."
Hundreds of celebrities and politicians oppose Scholz's armament plans with an open letter

Those 600 celebrities are idiots. Europe, particularly Germany, is having a rude awakening.

A segment in the Zeihan video posted today touches on this, I think.

Europeans are now dealing with shattered dreams and their guiding ideologies that died with Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

Jump to 53:00
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3Lo4LqbU08

Agreed. I talk to my relatives in Germany quite often and sent that to my old neighbor. He said "They should move to Russia" - and that's putting it politely.

they are not dealing with it.....in Hungary they are all acting like sending weapons and the military is gonna do something.

In Europe as a whole...everybody is looking at everybody else and guess what?

Everybody has their hands in their pockets and kicking dirt around......waiting for whoever will do something.

There isn't a civilian gun culture....the military is practically decimated all around...even in Hungary..all they do in the fucken national guards and territorial defense is talk talk talk talk talk talk.....bullshit defense ...fucken bullshit....whatever..

I asked about First aid...what about first aid...or various techniques...

Nada...there needs to be a total wipe out of the old school shit....as this is what happened...you have these post soviet fuck heads..they trained their protege and now those proteges are what is left.

many were leery of NATO and integration ...and they still THINK that......so all we have is weak sauce bullshit...

same with the fucken western EU weak sauce bullshit artsy fartsy soi boy crowds.....

they are all headless chickens.. and for a tiny 10 percent of what Putin was saying about the crap and shit of the west... he is right.

Fuck.....I had to take classes in Austria on transgenderism and the school system......

WHY?

fucken retarded.....

that is Europe in a haybasket with their fucken LEASED tanks in Germany to barely functional armies in Netherlands.....

they are not ready....none of them ready.....

Don't fucken say I am some Russian shill... I hope Russia is wiped and cleansed also....I hope every country they occupy will fight back from the Japanese in the Kuril Islands to Kaliningrad going back to Germany.......

but Putin was right about the moral decay of the west.......it is corrosive and really is full of fucken shit.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:37:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By BigB32:

Legit question what do you do when you can’t manage that many POWs? When you may not have enough supplies for your own civilians and military? Can they ship them off to another country ?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BigB32:

Joe will take them provided they cross the southern border.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:37:34 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

How "pinpoint are those things"?  I mean if you're jamming radar and sats don't you also end up blinding yourself?
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:38:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2tired2run] [#28]
Rail lines cut between Ukraine and Belarus.

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:39:19 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

It’s not nuclear powered but rather by fossil fuel. Therefore coal roller is applicable.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:40:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

These “Belarus is gonna join soon” tweets are getting tiresome. Been said since the war started.
View All Quotes

Odds that Russians and Belarussians get into a battle not knowing who is who on the battlefield?
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:40:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:42:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Ukrainian tycoon and politician's glamorous wife 'carried $29million in CASH through a refugee border crossing into the EU'

Money was spotted by Hungarian customs in baggage of Anastasia Kotvitska. Criminal probe launched into failure to declare removal of sum from Ukraine

More
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:43:31 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

The ground around that thing is bone dry. I would like to think it is current but I am betting it is an older picture.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:46:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dillydilly] [#34]
Originally Posted By Tboy:

To busy to be constantly posting photos and they don't like the cool pictures being taken so I've gotten into trouble (I'm not here to entertain or brag about what I'm doing or play "Mr Expert").  Do I need to constantly post pictures of me and my daily life here to be have credibility in your eyes?  Do you need to see a copy of my TRP?  Yes, I'm calling you out because you're an American that has NEVER visited Ukraine your entire life even though you've had many opportunities but have deemed yourself an expert based on what other people are telling you and what you've been taught (which I am convinced has a ethnic Ukrainian slant to it, like Texas history I was taught).  So stop labeling yourself as the sole expert and not allowing other views to be posted here without attacking/challenging my credibility WHICH YOU started.  

Yes, I have been VERY critical of Ukrainians but you are an AMERICAN.  I have that right since I live here, refuse to leave, and am actively helping those in need.  It might shock you but MANY Ukrainians also like to be critical of fellow Ukrainians - it's their culture apparently.  They've had time to self reflect since Feb 24 and have told me how foolish and stupid they were AFTER my REPEATED pleas to prepare for war.  I don't harp on their flawed mindset but do everything I can to help, even if many times it can be frustrating.

You need to be honest with yourself and realize all this information that you've read isn't always correct or true so need to admit when you're wrong.  So, to answer your question (which has derailed this thread but needs to be stated to understand context), Western Ukraine is made up of various ethnic groups but I will limit it to just a few - Transcarpathians, Polish, Jewish, Russian, Armenian, and Ukrainian.  Bandera was in charge of a ethnic Ukrainian militant group from the 40s-50s in Western Ukraine where he fought against those that weren't Ukrainian.  That is one of the reasons why there are many Ukrainians that DO NOT LIKE the BLACK/RED flag because of their experiences (or stories from their families) under his terror campaign.  Did he kill some Germans and Soviets?  Absolutely.  Did he also kill innocent civilians?  Sadly, yes. I have some friends that embrace the Nationalism movement, others that are afraid of it.  When I bring it up, there's always some debate and not 100% support (this is Western UA where this is the home of Nationalism movement).  

I've posted an event of war crimes committed by this group which you never responded to because you were probably not taught about this and refuse to accept this happened.  Facts that I have been told is that various ethnic Poles and Jews were killed by Ukrainian nationalists.  This isn't disputed.  This is fact.  I was sitting in Rivne on Saturday (picking up a family to get them to Poland - sorry no photo op for you) and I was having a discussion of what was currently going on with this war.  I was then stopped during our conversation, the person looked at me, pointed to the red/black flag and asked me if I knew what that was and then said there was even a statue of the guy.  She then went on to tell me that her grandmother (ethnic Pole) told her horror stories about what happened to them by Bandera's group during the war since Rivne was 80% Polish/Jewish population.  I didn't ask about specifics because she gets upset every time she mentions this group.

The next day I was telling another friend how great the Poles were on my recent trips to the Polish border (taking refugees, buying food, and then returning to get medical supplies - no pics) and she started to tell me how she was just comparing who she hated more - Poles or Russians.  I also have a Ukrainian friend who's grandfather was a Russian KGB officer stationed in Lviv.  I can go on but that's just a waste of time.  I will say that there is not one unified opinion/mindset with actual locals and I've had MANY conversations many times with MANY Ukrainians, not just the same conversations with the same people that I know their views.  One thing I do know, it doesn't matter their heritage, folks born in Ukraine are Ukrainians and are united in this fight, regardless of which language they embrace.

And as a footnote, Ukrainians constantly tell me how bad they are and warn me about their countrymen.  Once they like a person and view them as a friend they will want to protect that person from other unscrupulous people.  I've lost track how common this is, right after they ask me WHY I wanted to move here.

Again, I'm not an expert.  Just relaying information that I am seeing, hearing, observing.  I have no agenda here except to get the truth out and keep folks informed while hoping to find out why I'm constantly getting so many sirens going off.  This thread isn't for my entertainment, I have tried to rely on it many times but don't have the luxury to try to catch after being away for days at a time.

Sorry to derail guys, I'm just wanting everyone to understand the mindset of Ukrainians and what I'm experiencing here since many of you have preconceived notions and prejudices from information that you've read.  Ukraine isn't a lost cause and is worth fighting for.  At this time, I don't think the US should send any forces but instead the world should equip Ukrainians to finally fight for themselves and EARN their ultimate independence that they've never had.

View Quote

Sadly you’re right about Bandera’s OUN killing innocent Ukrainians in the Rivne region. I only found out about this from my parents a few nights ago. To to this day dunno why they targeted my ancestors because they were not Polish nor did they side with the Soviets.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:48:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:49:01 PM EDT
[#36]
NATO should covertly attack any Belarus convoy the second that it crosses the border.  I bet that would change their mind quickly.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:49:35 PM EDT
[#37]

It’s not nuclear powered but rather by fossil fuel. Therefore coal roller is applicable.
View All Quotes

Waste oil burner. Appropriate.

Yeah, she's kind of in the middle of a retrofit that has been plagued with accidents and delays. I can't imagine the old girl is battle ready.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:50:21 PM EDT
[#38]
"Welcome to the party pal"

Russia, North Korea Discuss Developing Relations
View Quote

Fuckin Abbot and Costello (for you fellow old farts).
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:51:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Stretchman:

Looks like the shoe is on the other foot now. You know this ends if and when Putin decides it does. They could pack up and go home tomorrow, and the only thing the world would do is breathe a sigh of relief. If this escalates, if it goes beyond Ukraine, I doubt very seriously the world would share the same opinion.

Some times it's better to just cut your losses and split.
View Quote

You’re correct for Russia but not for Putin.  Putin doesn’t survive this - Europe will never allow it.  He’s proven to be too much of a threat to European stability and prosperity.
The West is implicitly (and behind the scenes probably explicitly) telling the Russian elites to handle the problem.  Deal with Putin and all this can go away in a week.  Russia and the Russian elites have an “easy” out, but not Putin.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:52:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Firearmsenthusiast] [#40]

It's incredible, you can track her from space with the smoke, and the leaking.  Landsat 8 image.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxBDUGtWQAg5Yl3?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

Wait... what?   That thing is NOT on fire.

Wow.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:53:22 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

I don't attention whore and refuse to play into that game.  I don't even know who those two people you named dropped are and honestly don't care because I don't do "LOOK AT ME" social media, begging for followers.  I have refused MULTIPLE interviews because they do this for sensationalism, act like they really care, then leave when they're done, letting others pick up the pieces while they move on to the next big story.  I think you asking for ARFCOM to donate to you so you could jump on a plane to self promote yourself as part of your war/conflict tourism is poor taste and I refuse to get involved with whatever agenda you have.  I don't have the time, energy, or willingness to babysit outsiders that know nothing about this country, culture, or people.  I especially don't appreciate some random guy messaging me, asking for help ONCE they arrived, instead of trying to coordinate beforehand, like a normal person would (I missed your drama thread because I was too busy transporting refugees to Italy that week).  You might have good motives but I am suspect and know there were better ways to spend the money than for your vacation.  Maybe I'm bitter?  Possibly, but I see so many here that are using this conflict for their own entertainment and escapism instead of the few that are affected by this war.

I prefer to work behind the scenes and coordinate with many locals that are constantly getting changing requests for assistance.  There's been a thread created by a member asking what a good charity would be to contribute to.  I told him to PM me because I have various options for him to contribute to but he never did.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:54:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By realwar:
Ukrainian tycoon and politician's glamorous wife 'carried $29million in CASH through a refugee border crossing into the EU'

Money was spotted by Hungarian customs in baggage of Anastasia Kotvitska. Criminal probe launched into failure to declare removal of sum from Ukraine

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/03/22/01/55636721-10637997-image-a-22_1647914213773.jpg

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/03/22/01/55636767-10637997-image-a-25_1647914438107.jpg

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/03/22/01/55636719-10637997-image-m-24_1647914407373.jpg

More
View Quote

Her and her husband were part of the Kremlin-backed Yanukovych regime and were part of the communist lite Party of Regions. By not posting that fact it plays into the whole "Ukrainian government is all corrupt " talking points.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:54:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Maine_11B_to_Nurse:

Fuckin Abbot and Costello (for you fellow old farts).
View Quote
Let's go with Beavis and Butt-Head for the younger generations.  
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:54:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Obo2] [#44]
Originally Posted By iggy1337:

Like I said to the Afrcommers at the begiing of the war complaining about the cost of sending Javelins and Stingers.

The intel gains on Russia by that stuf taking out Russian shit most likley pays for itself. We've besides the regular shit we've had Electronic warfare stuff, ICBM parts and decoys and I'm still hoping for one of those hypersonic missiles to fizzle out mid flight and  have soft landing.
View Quote

the russian dagger missile is just an air launched iskander with better guidance system.

the type of hypersonic missiles discussed in the media being tested by large militaries are hypersonic glide vehicles and hypersonic cruise missiles.

hypersonic glide vehicles are able to take an initial ascent and maneuver to target evading anti air at speed close to mach 20.

hypersonic cruise missiles are scramjet powered lower altitude maneuverable missiles.

the kinzhal is hypersonic similar to how the v2 rocket is hypersonic.
It would be closer to one of our phoenix missiles launched air to ground but probably shittier.

Effective but hardly anything new and impressive.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:54:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By atavistic:

Waste oil burner. Appropriate.

Yeah, she's kind of in the middle of a retrofit that has been plagued with accidents and delays. I can't imagine the old girl is battle ready.
View Quote

Lol never really was
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:54:53 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

This is a serious threat that folks in the West are concerned about.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:55:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By MattyCR:

US doesnt sit out of nuke attacks, especially not on a NATO country.

View Quote

Based on what history?
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:55:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:56:00 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

This thing is probably across the Polish border already. It’s presumed that this into is how the Iranians were able to control US drones. Obtaining it for study is a huge intelligence windfall for the US.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:56:35 PM EDT
[#50]

Not disagreeing, but it takes more than 3 weeks to transition from a bunch of milquetoasts to countries with a functioning military. The key question will be if they go back to business as usual once the Ukraine situation is resolved.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jozsi:

they are not dealing with it.....in Hungary they are all acting like sending weapons and the military is gonna do something.

In Europe as a whole...everybody is looking at everybody else and guess what?

Everybody has their hands in their pockets and kicking dirt around......waiting for whoever will do something.

There isn't a civilian gun culture....the military is practically decimated all around...even in Hungary..all they do in the fucken national guards and territorial defense is talk talk talk talk talk talk.....bullshit defense ...fucken bullshit....whatever..

I asked about First aid...what about first aid...or various techniques...

Nada...there needs to be a total wipe out of the old school shit....as this is what happened...you have these post soviet fuck heads..they trained their protege and now those proteges are what is left.

many were leery of NATO and integration ...and they still THINK that......so all we have is weak sauce bullshit...

same with the fucken western EU weak sauce bullshit artsy fartsy soi boy crowds.....

they are all headless chickens.. and for a tiny 10 percent of what Putin was saying about the crap and shit of the west... he is right.

Fuck.....I had to take classes in Austria on transgenderism and the school system......

WHY?

fucken retarded.....

that is Europe in a haybasket with their fucken LEASED tanks in Germany to barely functional armies in Netherlands.....

they are not ready....none of them ready.....

Don't fucken say I am some Russian shill... I hope Russia is wiped and cleansed also....I hope every country they occupy will fight back from the Japanese in the Kuril Islands to Kaliningrad going back to Germany.......

but Putin was right about the moral decay of the west.......it is corrosive and really is full of fucken shit.

Not disagreeing, but it takes more than 3 weeks to transition from a bunch of milquetoasts to countries with a functioning military. The key question will be if they go back to business as usual once the Ukraine situation is resolved.

The problem is that the patriarchal system is destroyed.

Go google that video on Russian school kids breaking and taking down their rifles......

Europe doesn't have that anymore......

As an American living in Hungary...I have seen the smugness and con game of people playing with wild fire in the hopes that if they ignore a problem long enough, it will go away...no greater than how they dealt with the migrant crisis and other setups.

None of it works......NOT SIDETRACKING.....this for people wondering WTF is happening with NATO and the EU and why are barely doing anything.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5590
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top