Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5590
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 10/27/2021 8:27:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Beer_Slayer]
It says it's been moved, but the link just takes me to the Community page. What gives?

This is now the active "shit (might be) is definitely happening in Ukraine" thread.

News links, thanks to BerettaGuy:
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
LINKS TO UKRAINIAN NEWS SOURCES IN ENGLISH

Kyiv Post

Ukrainian News

UKRInform

EUROMAIDEN PRESS

New Voice of Ukraine

Kyiv Independent

Ukraine World

InterFax Ukraine

UATV

Ukrainian Journal

Official Website of the President of Ukraine

Ukrainian Ministry of Defense

Save these links. I can't post all the headlines like I've done in the past - too much news and too often.
View Quote

Please @ me with additional stuff to be added here. I don't currently have time to properly curate this thread otherwise.

New news link c/o berettaguy:

Ukrainian Pravda
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/

Stop fake, anti - disinformation site:
https://www.stopfake.org/en/main/
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 8:38:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, I'm calling BS the whole "breakaway republic" thing:

Link Posted: 3/5/2022 8:39:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Maine_11B_to_Nurse:

Remember the Soviet Super Soldiers we were going to face?
View Quote

It's been an eye-opener, for sure.  I'm beginning to think that Russia, sans nukes, would get their shit wrecked by the EU alone w/o American help.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 8:40:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By MattyCR:

He talking about a large size soft stick RC airplane.  Would need a decent motor and prop and youd want more than a 1/4lbs of C4 to do anything more than kill a soldier or two.

Id be working on heavy lift octocopters that can drop multiple mortar rounds.
View Quote

Umm, ok, 4oz of 93%RDX is plenty enough to spew lethal frag at 7000m/s. 10-15 meters of unshielded kill radius. Concussion would  be only ~two MCs, though. (Two Motorhead Concerts)
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 8:40:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By SheltiePimp:

Large protest, things are warming up.
View Quote

Damn. If that is real, that's a lot of protestors. Well over 100,000 in a city center.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 8:41:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 8:43:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Oh this is something now

Attachment Attached File

That’s not a small piece of  convoy that was just attacked by a few SF. These vehicles are piled up neatly parked like the surveillance photos of the one north of Kiev.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 8:43:31 AM EDT
[#7]

The reddit video quality is much higher, some comments on twitter are saying a drone took the video and was being used to locate the flight path and help set up an ambush.

Reddit link
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kncook:

That’s about the best shoot down video you’ll ever see.

The reddit video quality is much higher, some comments on twitter are saying a drone took the video and was being used to locate the flight path and help set up an ambush.

Reddit link

I have seen a lot of small commercial type drones being uses for recon purposes in this was. The battlefield is certainly changing.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 8:43:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Could be BS, but funny:

"Fuck, this fat flyer from the downed Su-25 landed on the street where my godmother lives. I just talked to her, she said that two neighbors ran out, so this fag also managed to shoot one, and then he got fucked with a shovel."
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 8:43:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By M-1975:
Translation of the long pilot interrogation vid:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FNFb7NLXIAcv3mN?format=png&name=900x900
View Quote

They should waterboard him with gasoline and then light him on fire.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 8:45:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By odiedodi:
On the level, I don't think most of the key turners will follow orders. Obviously, it is a valid fear, but they all know what the practical result of their actions would be. This isn't even a new hypothesis, but I think it's even more relevant now in 2022 when Putin doesn't even have that much popular support based on his recent actions. A first strike nuclear scenario relies on you having people dedicated enough to willingly end the world as we know it, based the expectation that your country's resolve and nationalistic pride can overcome the ensuing hardship after the fact.

I doubt Putin's keyturners have that mindset.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By odiedodi:
Originally Posted By HuntingForFun:
Hypothetically, If the mad man loses it, will the East coast or West coast get hit first?
On the level, I don't think most of the key turners will follow orders. Obviously, it is a valid fear, but they all know what the practical result of their actions would be. This isn't even a new hypothesis, but I think it's even more relevant now in 2022 when Putin doesn't even have that much popular support based on his recent actions. A first strike nuclear scenario relies on you having people dedicated enough to willingly end the world as we know it, based the expectation that your country's resolve and nationalistic pride can overcome the ensuing hardship after the fact.

I doubt Putin's keyturners have that mindset.

That’s not what Rubio apparently believes in many of his tweets if you read between the lines.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 8:48:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, I'm calling BS the whole "breakaway republic" thing:

View Quote

Man, so many videos of fucked up Russian Equipment and dead Russian soldiers dressed like it's WWII.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 8:49:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 715700] [#12]
Can I make a prediction?

Protests for independence in Bashkortostan in a couple days if protests in Moscow continue.

Everyone on here will be an expert on Bashkortostan in a week but I’ll let you look at my work: Erdogan supplied Bayraktars because he wants another Turkic nation under his umbrella.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 8:49:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 8:50:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By outofbattery:
Oh this is something now

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/A94C6594-7965-4902-9489-9981BEA945BB_jpe-2301997.JPG

That’s not a small piece of  convoy that was just attacked by a few SF. These vehicles are piled up neatly parked like the surveillance photos of the one north of Kiev.
View Quote

Man, if you could get your hands on a small piece of that column, somewhere in the middle and start firing rounds towards the front and the back, then unass the area and let them start shooting each other. That's how I would do it in COD. Lol.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 8:52:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Translation of the long pilot interrogation vid:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FNFb7NLXIAcv3mN?format=png&name=900x900
View Quote

The interrogator is correct on the comment regarding that guy being lucky.  If it were my family he’s been bombing I’d have started cutting off fingers and toes and moved on from there.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 8:53:15 AM EDT
[#16]
An SU25 doesnt need a G suit more than an A10.

A frogfoot is a shitty A10
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 8:53:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Ivan done high centered it lol

Link Posted: 3/5/2022 8:53:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Lightning_P38:
Pilots, at least military pilots, wear uniforms, if the ship is capable of maneuvers requiring a G Suit, the crew will be required to wear them regardless of mission. They may take off with a heavy load of fuel, bombs and external stores, but once the bombs are dropped, they may need to suddenly use evasive actions, drop external tanks and boogey.
View All Quotes

Do B-1 and B-2 pilots wear G suits?

This is a big plane that looks like its fighter version brother but can't remotely maneuver like one when it has its bomb load so there is no point to wear one.

Pilots, at least military pilots, wear uniforms, if the ship is capable of maneuvers requiring a G Suit, the crew will be required to wear them regardless of mission. They may take off with a heavy load of fuel, bombs and external stores, but once the bombs are dropped, they may need to suddenly use evasive actions, drop external tanks and boogey.

Su-34 crews do not wear G suits. Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/5/2022 8:53:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By SilverBearX:

Damn. If that is real, that's a lot of protestors. Well over 100,000 in a city center.
View All Quotes

Think it got dubunked as old footage of Navalny protest.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 8:54:07 AM EDT
[#20]
???????? ??? ???????????????? ????????? ?? ???????
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 8:54:08 AM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

That's just the typical riot when the local grocery runs out of vodka. That is NOT enough to even get noticed. Needs to be millions.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 8:54:08 AM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

In Russia, suit wear you! You no wear suit. Sell suit, buy woman. Never go you to actually fight war. Will be ok.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 8:54:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 8:55:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Oh this is something now

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/A94C6594-7965-4902-9489-9981BEA945BB_jpe-2301997.JPG

That's not a small piece of  convoy that was just attacked by a few SF. These vehicles are piled up neatly parked like the surveillance photos of the one north of Kiev.
View Quote
Someone fell asleep on watch.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 8:55:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By ecophon:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ecophon:

OK., that's too bad.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 8:56:24 AM EDT
[#26]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueyi_C-SE3w
View Quote

They need about 250 of those to the west to harass that convoy endlessly.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 8:57:06 AM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

Probably just a bread line.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 8:58:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Not a pilot obviously, but this "shootdown" vid doesn't show the jet on fire and the engines still roaring and it's coming down relatively intact for a SAM kill. The thing just collapses out of the sky with a little puff of exhaust coming out of one of the engines right after popping flares. Maintenance issues?

View Quote

Doesn't take much to knock a plane down if it's hit in the correct spot.  Could have cut a control line, incapacitated the pilot.  Looks like flares were deployed but it might have been too late.  But it could have been a MX issue at an inopportune time, you never know.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 9:00:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By macro:
On one hand, it would be interesting to see this go the path of Libya, where the masses march through the streets with Putins head on a stick. On the other, how would that power vacuum affect the world? Millions of Russians with no government wouldn't be a good thing for anyone....and if Putin is taken out, China is not going to watch from the cheap seats. You can bet your life that Xi will be crafting the future of Russia...if he isn't already.
View All Quotes

On one hand, it would be interesting to see this go the path of Libya, where the masses march through the streets with Putins head on a stick. On the other, how would that power vacuum affect the world? Millions of Russians with no government wouldn't be a good thing for anyone....and if Putin is taken out, China is not going to watch from the cheap seats. You can bet your life that Xi will be crafting the future of Russia...if he isn't already.

Fly Zalensky in to take over the Gov and calm things down ;)
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 9:01:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Crash_Test_Dhimmi] [#30]
Could be BS, but funny:

"Fuck, this fat flyer from the downed Su-25 landed on the street where my godmother lives. I just talked to her, she said that two neighbors ran out, so this fag also managed to shoot one, and then he got fucked with a shovel."
View Quote

Nice, that shovel will add one more to the official score!

Attachment Attached File

Eta- not all heroes wear capes

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 9:03:11 AM EDT
[#31]
View All Quotes

Do B-1 and B-2 pilots wear G suits?

This is a big plane that looks like its fighter version brother but can't remotely maneuver like one when it has its bomb load so there is no point to wear one.

You're painting with an awfully broad brush, there. You could also say, "An army would never start a ground invasion in outdated armored vehicles with dryrotted tires" but it's exactly what we're seeing.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 9:03:17 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By CZ75_9MM:
View All Quotes

Twitter says that's from a 2021 protest.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 9:03:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Tweet with video the picture of convoy I posted above was from.

Link Posted: 3/5/2022 9:03:59 AM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

It’s like Vietnam all over again.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 9:04:27 AM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

Sadly no it's Navalny protest. Look at thread below
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 9:04:43 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Consigli:

Who oversees Putin and how does that work? Because I think in Putins mind its either win or nuke and take everyone with him. We have all met people like that.
View Quote

"Crazy people aren't afraid of anything!" Clint Howard in Tango and Cash
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 9:09:51 AM EDT
[#37]

Link Posted: 3/5/2022 9:11:47 AM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes

In reality, the west will see it as their role to foster the path for who gets to rule Russia after Putin is gone....and China will never allow that to happen. If Putin is taken out, all the Russian allies are going to want a say in what happens next, and they all have skin in the game. I hear a lot of folks hoping that someone kills Putin. Ok....then what? Does anyone think that China, NK, and Iran will just let the West go occupy a fallen Russia and carve it up?

Thing is, whether its now or later, at some point, Putin will be gone, and this is going to need to be dealt with. We are going to be looking a very different geopolitical landscape sooner than later.

I hope I am wrong, but this whole thing is going to lead to some very dire and unexpected consequences for everyone. Ukraine is just a catalyst. This conflict is like a petri dish containing a virus that is about to exponentially reproduce and escape the petri dish, and then escape the lab, and so on and so on.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 9:12:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By RickJames1999:

Doesn't take much to knock a plane down if it's hit in the correct spot.  Could have cut a control line, incapacitated the pilot.  Looks like flares were deployed but it might have been too late.  But it could have been a MX issue at an inopportune time, you never know.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RickJames1999:
Not a pilot obviously, but this "shootdown" vid doesn't show the jet on fire and the engines still roaring and it's coming down relatively intact for a SAM kill. The thing just collapses out of the sky with a little puff of exhaust coming out of one of the engines right after popping flares. Maintenance issues?

Could have put it in an accelerated stall, or may have G-LOC'd without  a G-suit.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 9:26:45 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Bushleaguepilot:

Could have put it in an accelerated stall, or may have G-LOC'd without  a G-suit.
View All Quotes

You have to remember that modern fighters are unstable by design and have to have the computers working to fly.  Even though there is redundancy (or triple or quad redundancy) hit the right couple of spots and no computers.  No computers, no fly.  They do not glide without the computers due to the design.  Hit the right control surface and it won't fly since they are constantly adjusting.   The un-stable design is done to get the plane to have that super maneuverability and/or to get some stealthy features into the design.   Note the difference between a straight wing A-10 and this sleek su-34.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 9:26:55 AM EDT
[#41]
View Quote
Those people have balls. Wonder how long before they start getting gunned down by the shitbag Russian troops.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 9:31:20 AM EDT
[#42]

oh how polite of him.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 9:31:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 9:31:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By MattyCR:

Most nuclear reactors are not breeders and dont create the good shit.  

Russia already has more than enough good shit right now so thats not the reason.
View Quote

I believe we have plenty of fine Pu to supply global wepons pit demand for at least a few years or so. Last time I was at Pantex, they seemed to have quite a few Quonsets full of spare pits. Just saying. They seemed to be awfully excited too. As if someone might want to steal a few.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 9:31:47 AM EDT
[#45]

Serbs proving they are the Russians’ retarded little brothers. If they didn’t suck so bad I would be embarrassed for them. “wE baCKeD tHe wRoNG sIDE In yUGoSLavIA” 🤦🏼‍♂️

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/5B09B43F-60B1-48AB-90D8-C2B8CCFF302C_jpe-2301953.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/8D1CA4D2-6DC8-43E0-BA3F-CAA974F0D686_jpe-2301954.JPG
View Quote

Their daddy Slobodan Milosevic went to the Hague for war crimes and died in prison, their uncle Vlad Putin will go to the Hague for war crimes and die in prison, if he is lucky.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 9:32:31 AM EDT
[#46]
Those people have balls. Wonder how long before they start getting gunned down by the shitbag Russian troops.
View Quote

They will just put people in jail, but this could be the start of something bigger.

How the troops in Ukraine act with the protesters there is troubling, it won't take much for a soldier to start shooting civilians and it will be on camera, then all hell breaks lose.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 9:37:55 AM EDT
[#47]
Did we cover Belarus nope-ing out of war?

https://www.reuters.com/world/belarusian-forces-will-not-take-part-ukraine-war-lukashenko-says-2022-03-04/
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 9:37:57 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Cincinnatus:
I’ll go back to my original suggestion:

Small drones that drop packets of fentanyl over the stranded Russian convoys.

View Quote

Yay! Let's escalate to chemical war for the PR boost! Next, we'll excavate hundreds of miles of sodden trenches in Flanders where the cornflowers bloom!
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 9:40:35 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By HIMARS13A:

Keep in mind that this is the worthless cocksucker that had us strip divisions down to BCTs and give up artillery and cavalry competence for a generation...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HIMARS13A:

Fox News clip. Many will disagree with his statements.

Keep in mind that this is the worthless cocksucker that had us strip divisions down to BCTs and give up artillery and cavalry competence for a generation...

Of everything that's happened over the last couple weeks I think this loser has pissed me off the most.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 9:40:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RickJames1999] [#50]
Originally Posted By Waldo:

Back after the Soviet Union broke up I watched a video of some A-10 pilots that got together at one of the former Warsaw Pact airfields and flew the Su-25. (I can't remember which country or exactly when it was.)

They reviewed it favorably. Could have just them being polite in front of the camera. The consensus was that it was different in some ways, but could perform the mission.  But neither of those planes are going to do well in heavily contested airspace.
View Quote

Roooskies might have copied the YA-9 for the SU-25, which lost to the YA-10.  

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5590
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top