BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5590
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 10/27/2021 8:27:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Beer_Slayer]
It says it's been moved, but the link just takes me to the Community page. What gives?

This is now the active "shit (might be) is definitely happening in Ukraine" thread.

News links, thanks to BerettaGuy:
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
LINKS TO UKRAINIAN NEWS SOURCES IN ENGLISH

Kyiv Post

Ukrainian News

UKRInform

EUROMAIDEN PRESS

New Voice of Ukraine

Kyiv Independent

Ukraine World

InterFax Ukraine

UATV

Ukrainian Journal

Official Website of the President of Ukraine

Ukrainian Ministry of Defense

Save these links. I can't post all the headlines like I've done in the past - too much news and too often.
View Quote

Please @ me with additional stuff to be added here. I don't currently have time to properly curate this thread otherwise.

New news link c/o berettaguy:

Ukrainian Pravda
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/

Stop fake, anti - disinformation site:
https://www.stopfake.org/en/main/
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 7:22:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By hondaciv:
A member of the Ukrainian delegation was murdered.

Sources in law enforcement agencies confirm the murder in Kyiv of a member of the first delegation of Ukraine at the talks with Russia, Denis Kireev.

According to them, the murder took place near the Pechersk court. In the photo - the deceased Kireev.

At the same time, the sources do not specify under what circumstances this happened and who exactly killed him.

https://t.me/u_now/24309
View Quote

oh shit
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 7:24:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

oh shit
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AROKIE:
A member of the Ukrainian delegation was murdered.

Sources in law enforcement agencies confirm the murder in Kyiv of a member of the first delegation of Ukraine at the talks with Russia, Denis Kireev.

According to them, the murder took place near the Pechersk court. In the photo - the deceased Kireev.

At the same time, the sources do not specify under what circumstances this happened and who exactly killed him.

https://t.me/u_now/24309

oh shit
Ukrainians thinking about installing the government they want and truly deserve, perhaps? US politicians should take note.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 7:24:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SoCalExile] [#3]
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 7:27:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By M-1975:
View Quote
I'm amazed at the restraint of some of Russia's soldiers.  With them bombing civvies, truly shocked they aren't just running over or shooting all of these human blockades.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 7:27:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Abakan:

Some will think of him as a damn defatist traitor who should get his 30 pieces of silver and then more.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SheltiePimp:

Fox News clip. Many will disagree with his statements.

Some will think of him as a damn defatist traitor who should get his 30 pieces of silver and then more.

McGregor is an obvious and blatant Putin shill. Tucker Carlson and his guests need to stop parroting RUS propaganda.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 7:28:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SoCalExile] [#6]
Originally Posted By rca2222:

Surprisingly chubby for a military pilot.

View All Quotes
The ejected pilot of the downed SU-25 aircraft near the village of Zabarovka, Chernihiv region, was detained. The second one was so unlucky, he changed his status to "lose".

https://t.me/uniannet/35386

This is allegedly the same guy:

Link Posted: 3/5/2022 7:29:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ih784] [#7]
RSD-088

Can anyone tell me who this is on the Russian plane coming to Dulles. You can find it on flightradar24 and I’m sure other apps. Just curious.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 7:29:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Man, watching these elderly people struggle over the rubble of the blown bridge because the rail out of town was blown up.

Its bad.

LIVE | Russian Invasion Of Ukraine | Situation Room | INDB | Russian Military Advancing
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 7:29:44 AM EDT
[#9]

View All Quotes
The ejected pilot of the downed SU-25 aircraft near the village of Zabarovka, Chernihiv region, was detained. The second one was so unlucky, he changed his status to "lose".

https://t.me/uniannet/35386

Looks about right.  They can't have that many zoomies can they? Especially Airmen Sugar Cookie types....
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 7:35:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: hondaciv] [#10]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FNFOp_fXMAMrBS4?format=jpg&name=900x900

View Quote

“Did you know that you were flying to bomb a peaceful city?”: An interrogation of a Russian pilot shot down near Chernigov appeared

Major Krasnoyartsev replied that they were "not told" about the purpose of the attack. The Ukrainian military asked the major if he was blind.

Krasnoyartsev said that this was his first flight to the territory of Ukraine, and before that he had flown along the border.

https://t.me/ctokh/12984
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 7:35:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Russian pilot 'interview:
"Did you know that you were flying to bomb a peaceful city?": The interrogation of a Russian pilot shot down near Chernihiv appeared
Major Krasnoyartsev replied that they were "not proven" about the purpose of the attack. The Ukrainian military asked the major if he was blind.

Link Posted: 3/5/2022 7:36:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Chokey:
https://i.imgur.com/Mi8pfWK.gif
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/5/2022 7:36:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By fivepointoh:
I'm amazed at the restraint of some of Russia's soldiers.  With them bombing civvies, truly shocked they aren't just running over or shooting all of these human blockades.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fivepointoh:

The Russians were told that the Ukrainian people are being held hostage and abused by their Nazi government. They are simply unprepared to be met by Russian speaking people who do not want them there.

Link Posted: 3/5/2022 7:40:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 7:41:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Seems the plane was an Su-34 not a -25

https://t.me/OSINTUKRAINE/2270

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 7:44:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Obo2:

DC nuke sites mil bases maybe infrastructure and for some added terror ny la...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Obo2:
Originally Posted By HuntingForFun:
Hypothetically, If the mad man loses it, will the East coast or West coast get hit first?

DC nuke sites mil bases maybe infrastructure and for some added terror ny la...

If their birds fly as well as their trucks drive, there are going to be lots of dead polar bears and First Nations folks.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 7:44:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Vern1968] [#17]
Originally Posted By Wolfy42:

Took a stinger right to its face.  You can see the missile come from the right bottom corner.   Too low and devastating for the pilot to do anything but crash.
View Quote

Thanks for that amazing play by play. Didn't notice any of that until you pointed it out.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 7:47:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Russia is keeping the planes in the garage so they don't get their shit towed:

Link Posted: 3/5/2022 7:49:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Vern1968:

Thanks for that amazing play by play. Didn't notice any of that until you pointed it out.
View Quote

Me either. We are indeed fortunate to have such a shepherd as him.

Link Posted: 3/5/2022 7:50:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Propaganda vid showing arty hitting a Russian convoy:

Link Posted: 3/5/2022 7:50:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Video of tons of graves already dug.

Hundreds of graves have been dug in the cemeteries of Russia - they are waiting for the burial of a cargo of 200, which begins to come en masse from Ukraine. The Russians are filming and posting on social networks, they are in shock. The losses of the Russian army in Ukraine exceeded 10 thousand soldiers. Thousands of them per day!

... and these are graves only for those who were taken away by the rashists. And how many of us rot in the fields?

The militants began to leave the Russian army and turned back to their homes.

https://t.me/uniannet/35383
View Quote

Dead Russian holes, the more the better.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 7:56:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Tboy:
For all of those here that like making fun of the French, I'm going to pick up some volunteers coming to fight for Ukraine.
View Quote

God speed to all of you.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 7:58:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: hondaciv] [#23]
nvm
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 8:02:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Sky News team's harrowing account of their violent ambush in Ukraine this week

Crazy-sounding footage, very lucky no one got injured.
View Quote

Dude talking said he was hit twice.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 8:02:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 715700] [#25]
ACTUALLY, the plane is a Su-30sm

Was deployed in Syria as mentioned.

Here is a photo of the actual plane that was shot down.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/122973/Screenshot_from_2022-03-05_05-57-17_png-2301979.JPG
View Quote

He said it was a Su-34 so it seems to rather have been

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 8:06:57 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By jal777:

As much as I want RU to fail rubio seems far fetched on this one, if anything they will ramp up attacks/pressure.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jal777:
Originally Posted By thesilvercord:

As much as I want RU to fail rubio seems far fetched on this one, if anything they will ramp up attacks/pressure.

That’s what he is saying
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 8:07:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: nickmemphis] [#27]
Originally Posted By Durka-Durka:

Not a silly question.  It's still strange to me how wars and the rules of escalation work.  You can give that dude, and that dude, (and that weird dude over there) weapons to shoot me.  You can perform cyber warfare to cripple my economy.  But if you shoot at me directly with those same weapons, it's WWIII.  

I just don't get it.  I guess it's all the "plausible deniability" thing, but it's proven stipulated openly that NATO is giving weapons to UKR.
View Quote
Most of the current world leaders are either lawyers that never practiced privately or former LEO of some sort. In court and law, anything can be true, without any nod to reality.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 8:07:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Not a pilot obviously, but this "shootdown" vid doesn't show the jet on fire and the engines still roaring and it's coming down relatively intact for a SAM kill. The thing just collapses out of the sky with a little puff of exhaust coming out of one of the engines right after popping flares. Maintenance issues?

Link Posted: 3/5/2022 8:10:02 AM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Wolfy42:

Took a stinger right to its face.  You can see the missile come from the right bottom corner.   Too low and devastating for the pilot to do anything but crash.

LOL
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 8:11:07 AM EDT
[#30]

“Did you know that you were flying to bomb a peaceful city?”: An interrogation of a Russian pilot shot down near Chernigov appeared

Major Krasnoyartsev replied that they were "not told" about the purpose of the attack. The Ukrainian military asked the major if he was blind.

Krasnoyartsev said that this was his first flight to the territory of Ukraine, and before that he had flown along the border.

https://t.me/ctokh/12984
View Quote

Fat fucking liar.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 8:11:10 AM EDT
[#31]
The dude that made it is kinda chubby for a combat pilot.
View Quote

Old, fat dude, no G-suit.

No wonder he got shot down as he probably couldn't pull more than 1.5-G.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 8:12:27 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Durka-Durka:

Not a silly question.  It's still strange to me how wars and the rules of escalation work.  You can give that dude, and that dude, (and that weird dude over there) weapons to shoot me.  You can perform cyber warfare to cripple my economy.  But if you shoot at me directly with those same weapons, it's WWIII.  

I just don't get it.  I guess it's all the "plausible deniability" thing, but it's proven NATO is giving weapons to UKR.
View Quote

Nearly all career world leaders are either lawyers or former cops. Many of them never did either job on the street, although Pouftine sort of did for a while, insofar as shooting people in the basement of the Lubyanka constitutes having an actual job. The legal/political world only vaguely correlates to real practical reality, mostly by pure accident, and only now and then.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 8:12:28 AM EDT
[#33]
Not a pilot obviously, but this "shootdown" vid doesn't show the jet on fire and the engines still roaring and it's coming down relatively intact for a SAM kill. The thing just collapses out of the sky with a little puff of exhaust coming out of one of the engines right after popping flares. Maintenance issues?

View Quote

Real life frequently doesn’t look like movies. This getting shot down isn’t a great deal different to people being surprised how unimpressive a real hand grenade looks. Of course sometimes planes do go down in a sheet of flames but there are innumerable reasons to make a plane come down without it being engulfed.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 8:15:51 AM EDT
[#34]
Translation of the long pilot interrogation vid:

Link Posted: 3/5/2022 8:16:45 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
I want to jam the radios with bagpipe music before an attack.
View Quote

AC/DC it's a long way
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 8:16:49 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:

Awful bold of you to assume they're not already doing that.
View Quote

"Oh look here's amongst the debris strewn upon the seabed is a depth gauge marked 'Red October'. And over there, isn't that a Soviet SSBN? I thought you said this was a fast attack boat?"
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 8:17:56 AM EDT
[#37]

Large protest, things are warming up.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 8:19:11 AM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

This guy AGAIN?

Isn';t this the same asshole that Jennifer Griffin basically said was an idiot paper pusher with no clue?
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 8:21:36 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Ih784:
RSD-088

Can anyone tell me who this is on the Russian plane coming to Dulles. You can find it on flightradar24 and I’m sure other apps. Just curious.
View Quote

Some people on this site claim this specific plane was used previously for diplomatic purposes.  If that's the case, who knows.  Maybe getting sensitive people or materials out or some kind of special meeting?   There is a Russian embassy in Washington DC.  

Of course, nothing is verified, so take this with a grain of salt. This is the number 1 tracked plane on flight radar 24, so I'm sure we're here more about this later.  

Airliners forum, IL-96 flight
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 8:21:45 AM EDT
[#40]
Woah, this video.  Helicopter getting shot down.

View Quote

That’s about the best shoot down video you’ll ever see.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 8:23:02 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By outofbattery:

Real life frequently doesn't look like movies. This getting shot down isn't a great deal different to people being surprised how unimpressive a real hand grenade looks. Of course sometimes planes do go down in a sheet of flames but there are innumerable reasons to make a plane come down without it being engulfed.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By outofbattery:

Real life frequently doesn't look like movies. This getting shot down isn't a great deal different to people being surprised how unimpressive a real hand grenade looks. Of course sometimes planes do go down in a sheet of flames but there are innumerable reasons to make a plane come down without it being engulfed.
Just looked weird to me, but maybe those aren't flares but the impact of a missile just before the vid started.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 8:25:20 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By kncook:

That’s about the best shoot down video you’ll ever see.
View Quote

The reddit video quality is much higher, some comments on twitter are saying a drone took the video and was being used to locate the flight path and help set up an ambush.

Reddit link
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 8:28:34 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By wwglen:

Old, fat dude, no G-suit.

No wonder he got shot down as he probably couldn't pull more than 1.5-G.
View Quote

Do B-1 and B-2 pilots wear G suits?

This is a big plane that looks like its fighter version brother but can’t remotely maneuver like one when it has its bomb load so there is no point to wear one.

Link Posted: 3/5/2022 8:28:55 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By racer765:

are you seriously saying this on day 10 of this shit?

think about that.  

View Quote

I'm not very concerned about 'Russians' in general. Let's talk about the possible nut that appears to be calling the shots at the moment. All the Germans weren't crazy either, but the guy at the helm was. Because if someone has a third option involving some sort of multidimensional chess between he just fucked up bad and he's off the rails completely in cloud-cuckoo land, I sure am interested in hearing what it might be. I personally am strongly leaning towards law of excluded middle in re those two extremes. Because this is blatantly crazy bad looking like the underdogs in a PG13 summer movie where the nerds win at the last second and everyone feels good about the way the nerds blew away everyone at the frat talent show with their nerdy brilliance. I don't think the Red Army is likely to pull that sort of thing off, do you?
Because I think if they got a maskirovka that smooth, then they sort of deserve to win.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 8:29:40 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Tech-Com:
View Quote

RUS calls Ceasefire in Mariupol & Volnovakha

Lol
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 8:32:40 AM EDT
[#46]
Woah, this video.  Helicopter getting shot down.

View Quote

Are we sure this isnt a training vid or something
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 8:33:25 AM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

A whole bunch of  Rosgvardia who would be there arresting them are now chewed up in Ukraine.

Any Russian cop who arrests or harms these people is specifically,in regards to COC,someone that should be torn limb from limb.

Something that could become very important soon is the rivalry between agencies in Russia. There always exists the problem when one agency,like Rosgvardia,is formed because other elements of the security apparatus aren’t seen as trustworthy enough.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 8:33:40 AM EDT
[#48]

View Quote
On one hand, it would be interesting to see this go the path of Libya, where the masses march through the streets with Putins head on a stick. On the other, how would that power vacuum affect the world? Millions of Russians with no government wouldn't be a good thing for anyone....and if Putin is taken out, China is not going to watch from the cheap seats. You can bet your life that Xi will be crafting the future of Russia...if he isn't already.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 8:36:25 AM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

Wow, so Top Gun 2?
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 8:36:53 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By macro:
On one hand, it would be interesting to see this go the path of Libya, where the masses march through the streets with Putins head on a stick. On the other, how would that power vacuum affect the world? Millions of Russians with no government wouldn't be a good thing for anyone....and if Putin is taken out, China is not going to watch from the cheap seats. You can bet your life that Xi will be crafting the future of Russia...if he isn't already.
View Quote

A rudderless country with 6000 warheads might be problematic for everyone.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5590
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top