Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 29
Posted: 2/24/2022 9:49:25 AM EDT
Not unusual, most countries look to others for protection.  Makes you proud to be an American.  Could you imagine another country trying to roll through?  Everyone would be fighting like hell.  Unless the invading force were Mexican.

ETA:  I was wrong, Ukes are kicking ass, losers with no life can stop @ing me now.  Rejoice your internet victory!
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 9:49:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 9:49:47 AM EDT
[#2]
???
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 10:08:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Not unusual, most countries look to others for protection.  Makes you proud to be an American.  Could you imagine another country trying to roll through?  Everyone would be fighting like hell.  Unless the invading force were Mexican.
View Quote

The current invasion force rolling into America is probably a Mexican, Guatemala mix.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 10:09:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 10:10:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The current invasion force rolling into America is probably a Mexican, Guatemala mix.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Biden is not only not putting up a fight, he is helping the invaders on our southern borders.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 10:10:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bullshit.

A big percentage would flee while blaming the US for the invasion of the US.

You have this America confused with America when it had pride in itself and wanted to be a free country.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 10:11:05 AM EDT
[#7]
You have more faith in our countrymen than I do.  Half would join the enemy.  Most everyone else would be too busy on twitter or watching a ball game to do anything.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 10:11:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 10:12:00 AM EDT
[#9]
I’d rather be called an insurgent
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 10:12:54 AM EDT
[#10]
There are still Ukranians even in the West who support Russia rolling in.  Also, there are Russian plants in the Ukranian government and military all the way up to some close to Zalenski himself, and in the SBU.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 10:13:22 AM EDT
[#11]

What gets me, even as far back as Saddam, is how absolutely worthless all those billions of dollars in hardware turn out to be.  

One would think the only benifit of modern armament is making those that manufacture and cut the deals wealthy......
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 10:13:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Half the population of the U.S. would wet their pants and blame Trump.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 10:14:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL

You’re a couple generations to late .
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 10:14:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Attachment Attached File

Fucking lol
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 10:14:43 AM EDT
[#15]

Looks like they’re doing what they can
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 10:15:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
How do you know this?
View Quote
Because even In NATO only the UK, Poland, Greece, Estonia, Lithuanian, Bulgaria, Romania, and Latvia pay the required 2% GDP in Military defense. Many Nations are letting the US shoulder the burden. France, Germany, Netherlands, Denmark, and Canada to name a few.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/niallmccarthy/2019/12/03/nato-summit-the-countries-meeting-the-2-threshold-infographic/?sh=5040103e1f2c

Link Posted: 2/24/2022 10:15:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Seeing multiple videos of Ka-52 helicopters being shot down is pretty awesome. Piece of garbage commie junk choppers.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 10:16:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Lots of Americans hates this country and a decent percentage of those would actively help the invaders.

The patriotic, well-armed arfcommers are mostly diabetics who would be out of the fight when the humalog ran out.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 10:17:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Then how are Russians loosing vehicles?

You dont take out tanks and APCs by not fighting.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 10:17:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

You sure? A good number of our people won't even get a job.

Link Posted: 2/24/2022 10:17:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
How do you know this?
View Quote

I would have expected more military action at this point at least based on what I can tell from current reporting.  I would have expected that as soon as tanks rolled across the border that a hellstorm would have erupted from both sides.  

Ukraine is reporting "dozens" of casualties at this point whereas you always kind of imagine the opening day of an invasion between two developed countries to be a blood bath.

It seems like Russia is playing a game of "just the tip" right now.

Of course, that comment could age poorly and quickly and I have no idea what a conflict between two developed countries should look like in this century.

Link Posted: 2/24/2022 10:18:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Seeing multiple videos of Ka-52 helicopters being shot down is pretty awesome. Piece of garbage commie junk choppers.
View Quote

Link to vid
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 10:19:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Russian propaganda wants you to believe there is not much of a fight. They are spreading rumors and lies.

Ukraine forces also have a strict OPSEC in place regarding cell phone use as the Russians are scouring social media to find videos and photos to identify locations and faces.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 10:20:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Why am I not surprised OP is an underscore

Seeing lots of dead Russians on twitter and reddit
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 10:21:34 AM EDT
[#28]
The US could supply oil to Ukraine...oh wait, we are now dependent on other countries.  To keep our country safe, the government needs to confiscate weapons of war from it's citizens.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 10:23:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ukraine air defense system is pretty limited, we knew this was coming and choose not to supply then with anything that could be used for defense.  The javelins, large number of tanks, could make an actual occupation more costly.  Ukraine would never be fighting to win, just to make the situation more costly for Russia.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 10:24:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
How do you know this?
View Quote

He's an Arfcommer, he knows everything.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 10:24:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

What gets me, even as far back as Saddam, is how absolutely worthless all those billions of dollars in hardware turn out to be.  

One would think the only benifit of modern armament is making those that manufacture and cut the deals wealthy......
View Quote

"It is very easy for ignorant people to think that success in war may be gained by the use of some wonderful invention rather than by hard fighting and superior leadership.

Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of the men who follow and the man who leads that gains victory."

GEN Patton
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 10:25:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

"It is very easy for ignorant people to think that success in war may be gained by the use of some wonderful invention rather than by hard fighting and superior leadership.

Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of the men who follow and the man who leads that gains victory."

GEN Patton
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

GEN Patton

Probably a good combination of both.  Nothing more deadly than a proper application of industry, technology, and leadership.

Link Posted: 2/24/2022 10:25:47 AM EDT
[#33]
Without air cover Ukraine ground forces will be sitting ducks and get rolled up quickly.  He who controls the sky wins. Once the conventional war is over it will become an insurgency uprising like us invading Iraq.

Only thing that will give Ukraine a fighting chance is for NATO to declare a humanitarian crisis and institute a No Fly zone enforced by NATO aircraft which they do not have the balls to do.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 10:26:34 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Because even In NATO only the UK, Poland, Greece, Estonia, Lithuanian, Bulgaria, Romania, and Latvia pay the required 2% GDP in Military defense. Many Nations are letting the US shoulder the burden. France, Germany, Netherlands, Denmark, and Canada to name a few.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/niallmccarthy/2019/12/03/nato-summit-the-countries-meeting-the-2-threshold-infographic/?sh=5040103e1f2c
https://specials-images.forbesimg.com/imageserve/5de63adc26e7ad0007a257c7/960x0.jpg?fit=scale
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How do you know this?

https://specials-images.forbesimg.com/imageserve/5de63adc26e7ad0007a257c7/960x0.jpg?fit=scale

And this is why strategy for most of the 20th century and continuing into the 21st is to take the US down from inside through subversion, which is paying dividends now. Then the whole house of cards comes down.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 10:28:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Other than UK and (poor broke dick) Greece the other countries you list are Eastern European countries that remember what Soviet/Russian control meant. That’s significant.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 10:31:53 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by BIPOCS and LGBTQ non-binary persons. It is the spirit of the BIPOCS and LGBTQ non-binary persons who follow and the Gender fluid indigenous person who leads that gains victory."

GEN Patton
View Quote

FIFY for current times.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 10:32:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
How do you know this?
View Quote

He's following fakeTwitter feeds
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 10:32:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

I kind of have doubts on this going like you think.  You might see a strong response from anyone 35/40+ but anyone below that would be out unless a "safe space" policy was in effect.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 10:33:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Russian propaganda wants you to believe there is not much of a fight. They are spreading rumors and lies.

Ukraine forces also have a strict OPSEC in place regarding cell phone use as the Russians are scouring social media to find videos and photos to identify locations and faces.
View Quote

Lutsk, western Ukraine. The fact that objects are being hit in the deep rear suggests that the Ukrainian air defense does not exist, it has been destroyed. They also struck at Ivano-Frankivsk

https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/cruise-missile-strikes-airport-near-poland/

Link Posted: 2/24/2022 10:33:38 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Bullshit.

You have this America confused with America when it had pride in itself and wanted to be a free country.
View Quote

This translates to "I'm being willingly led by the nose by MSM which wants me to stop believing in American exceptionalism and turn against my countrymen in disgust".

It's not as bad as you think.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 10:36:42 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Bullshit.

View Quote

I remember going to the grocery store when covid shut down started and out of shape, scared, ruthless, and basically sheep in it to save themselves.

I also remember new years and all the gunfire which I think would probably try maybe.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 10:37:26 AM EDT
[#42]
Russia was going to dominate the initial attacks. That was never in doubt. Like a NYC mugger, the aggressor always has the initial advantage because they KNOW when and where the attack happens and what they’re capable of doing.

It will be the long game that determines the fate of the Ukrainian people. If this settles into a protracted occupation, it will be resistance fighters, hitting soft targets versus the resolve of Putin (and his financial capability to continue to press) that will determine the outcome. Even tier-1 professional soldiers have to eat, sleep and shit at some time and invaders always want to eventually go home.

I remember reading that at one point during the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan, it cost the Soviet Union more than the equivalent of a $1,000 per gallon to provide fuel to their in-country resources. I can’t source that but I don’t find that figure unbelievable. The U.S. would later learn a similar lesson.

Link Posted: 2/24/2022 10:42:00 AM EDT
[#43]
I will stand with others to defend this country if it ever came to it.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 10:43:35 AM EDT
[#44]
Trying to "put up a fight" during the initial assault is probably not a good strategy. Organizing an insurgency against an occupation force would be more what I would be thinking.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 10:45:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Probably a good combination of both.  Nothing more deadly than a proper application of industry, technology, and leadership.

View Quote

We have none of those three
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 10:46:00 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I kind of have doubts on this going like you think.  You might see a strong response from anyone 35/40+ but anyone below that would be out unless a "safe space" policy was in effect.
View Quote

Speak for yourself. The safe space nonsense would be mostly under-25 at this point.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 10:46:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Tass reports that “Ukrainian troops are leaving their positions in large numbers, dropping their weapons.” Clearly, the Ukrainian soldiers have more sense than their leaders.

Using precision weapons the Russian military has disabled Ukrainian military infrastructure facilities, air defenses, military airfields and aircraft.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 10:47:48 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We have plenty of the first two.  Just very little of the last.

America is still an industrial and technological beast.  We SHOULD be absolutely dominating the 21st century if not for the absolute decay of leadership and morale of the people.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 10:50:05 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Lots of Americans hates this country and a decent percentage of those would actively help the invaders.

The patriotic, well-armed arfcommers are mostly diabetics who would be out of the fight when the humalog ran out.
View Quote
We'd also have to make sure the "battlefields" are ADA compliant for wheelchairs and scooters.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 10:51:11 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

He's an Arfcommer, he knows everything.
View Quote

Ain't that the truth.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 29
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top