Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5590
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 10/27/2021 8:27:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Beer_Slayer]
It says it's been moved, but the link just takes me to the Community page. What gives?

This is now the active "shit (might be) is definitely happening in Ukraine" thread.

News links, thanks to BerettaGuy:
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
LINKS TO UKRAINIAN NEWS SOURCES IN ENGLISH

Kyiv Post

Ukrainian News

UKRInform

EUROMAIDEN PRESS

New Voice of Ukraine

Kyiv Independent

Ukraine World

InterFax Ukraine

UATV

Ukrainian Journal

Official Website of the President of Ukraine

Ukrainian Ministry of Defense

Save these links. I can't post all the headlines like I've done in the past - too much news and too often.
View Quote

Please @ me with additional stuff to be added here. I don't currently have time to properly curate this thread otherwise.

New news link c/o berettaguy:

Ukrainian Pravda
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/

Stop fake, anti - disinformation site:
https://www.stopfake.org/en/main/
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 4:24:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CS223] [#1]
If you want to join up and fight the ruskies in UKR, here are the instructions.

Foreign Legion of Territorial Defense of Ukraine. 4 simple steps to join heroic Army

Link Posted: 3/1/2022 4:24:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 4:24:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By martin248:

*wombat pablum from the Pfailed Pfizer Pfropaganda team deleted*
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Wreckshooter:

18,000 is one city. They claimed they armed more than 100,000 civilians.

Ukraine did this smart. They brought in territorial units to active duty, then released them. That has resulted in 400,000 trained fighters who were rotated through the line of control so they got combat experience. They are like reserves, now activated. But they are geographically tied to their communities., and they know the land. And they are the ones, plus Special Ops folks, who are fucking up the Russian logistical columns. The leading elements of the Russian invasion force did not secure ground, they simply moved through. And now they are having their logistics chain destroyed by the reservists.

*wombat pablum from the Pfailed Pfizer Pfropaganda team deleted*

The very fact the large convoy isn't moving at all shows the Ukrainian defense is working. If they continue to sit and use fuel and food, they will run out of both before they get into a position to do anything. That is what you do against a numerically superior force - you limit their ability to bring those superior numbers to bear on you.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 4:25:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 4:25:30 PM EDT
[#5]
House Armed Services Comittee meeting with US Nuclear Command Live on YouTube.
Some very grim faces on both sides.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 4:25:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Jackal-FnM:

The MiG-29 doesn't need a runway to take off of, neither do some US aircraft.

Just needs a long enough strip of level *paved land.
View Quote

And fuel, a bunch of spare parts, ammo, tools, etc.

I'm sure they can land lots of places. Taking off again requires some ground support.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 4:26:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By 01ZULU:
We all have been watching Pooty poot get his shit pushed in by Ukraine
View Quote
I don't think so.  Putin hasn't begin to use the weaponry designed to attack NATO, but I think we're see a few of those tonight.  He is mostly using traditional ground forces.  Even without nukes, Russia should have enough high tech missiles to level Kiev.  I think he is trying to get the western nations interest to wain into complacency.

That column outside of Kiev from Belarus probably stopped as leverage to tomorrow's peace negotiation with Ukraine. Those boots and armor will probably be the mop-up after missile assaults.

The key to all of this is Biden who has really not done a darn thing.  He's sending arms, but he should have been doing that the day he took office rather than stopping what Trump started. So it's really a day late and a dollar short.  He can easily put in a no-fly zone on western Ukraine and use that for leverage against Putin in negotiations.

The current SWIFT ban is easily circumvented as I point out in my prior post.  He still allows US to buy Russian crude oil. Plus Germany will only go so far as to not get their Gazprom spigot turned off.

Biden and Dr. Jill are probably spending most of their time fuming at Putin for doing this as the presidential election cycle starts this fall and gets into high gear early next year.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 4:26:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Banditman:

I believe the Migs can change intake position for just that reason. Take in air higher to avoid sucking in debris
View Quote

Yep they're designed for this very scenario. This was also the mission of the Harrier originally, with the understanding every base in Nato would be gone within an hour if things went hot, so the ability to run off highways and supermarket parking lots is a big deal.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 4:27:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 4:27:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:
What has President Potato been up to? Hiding in a cellar? He's been completely absent on the world stage.
View Quote

frankly i hope it stays that way for now
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 4:27:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By doolyd:
Did anybody see that Oliver Stone JFK documentary.  Not sure if it is accurate but something along the lines of - during the Cuban Missile crisis we had calculated how many Americans would die if we nuked Russia first. It was around 40 million.  They were very close to doing it.

I wonder what the adjusted estimation is and how close we are to doing it.  I mean, it's going to happen, I just see no other way.  Strike first and hope that what we have seen from them so far is also an indication of their Nuclear capabilities.  Yeah, I know, hope is not a strategy but Putin isn't going to "lose" this no matter what he has to do.
View Quote

Looking at the old cold war era maps that show likely US targets I would not fare so well. The one map showed 3 nukes being detonated in close proximity to my home. I guess I can hope for poor targeting or a some other type of failure.

I would hope that we could take out the Russian boomers first with our attack subs before they could launch. Hopefully the B-2 bombers could sneak in at the same time and take out known fixed sites. That was basically part of the movie "Sum of all Fears". My fear is that if it truly came to that, which I doubt it will, our leaders would lack the intestinal fortitude to do the needful to mitigate our losses.

I'm pretty sure we would still take a beating. I would also wager more humans will die from the aftermath. Not from the radiation either.

Personally I believe that nuclear war will not happen in my lifetime, but I'm sure it will one day if humans are around long enough.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 4:27:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By M-1975:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FMx6bo7XIAUsN9x?format=jpg&name=900x900
View Quote

The kid's like "My 8th grade class went on a school field trip to a barrack, and suddenly they put these uniforms on us and pushed us on a truck.  I want my mommy!"
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 4:27:55 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

Wow I don't know what they used to shoot at the airbase but if it was supposed to be a PGM that is embarrassing.

Also, shooting rockets at an airbase is a terrible way to damage runways, I wouldn't do that unless I had no other options.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 4:28:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Greyswandir:

That was very accurate
View Quote

I think it's PGM off the drone, or designated by the drone. There's no spotting rounds, and they're dropping them single shot right on the vehicles. An arty person can confirm, but I don't think grid targeting can do anything like this.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 4:28:07 PM EDT
[#15]
In a way, I think it would be hilarious if we pulled off some sort of coup where US personnel laid waste to the Russian convoy. Then, a la Wagner group, we could just say "I know it looks like this was us, but these guys were just patriotic people trying to help Ukraine and rebelled; they pulled this off on their own and there's nothing we can do. Sorry about that..."

View Quote
On the news today they said 20 plus ex SAS have gone in so it could happen
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 4:29:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 4:29:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:

Give me a fucking break.
See Ukraine use chemical weapons on anyone yet?
See Ukraine get condemned in the UN?
See Ukraine publically torture anyone to death?
See Ukraine under UN sanctions?
Ukraine have a nuclear weapons program?
Maybe venture in a take over a neighbor?

That shit is smeared so thin a blind man could brail his way through it.
View Quote

Yeah. The worst accusation leveled against Ukraine is that they had a corrupt, money laundering government.

Maybe they did. To use Chinese speak, that seems like the kind of "internal affair" that is their problem to solve and not other countries concern. Anyway, certainly not a reason to invade and shell cities full of the ordinary people who were NOT in on that and are just trying to get by.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 4:29:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Johnrpb] [#18]
(Wrong quote)
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 4:29:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By goneshootin:

I heard Eric Prince talking about this last week. He mentioned the US military is set to decom 140 aircraft including A10s. He proposed they would be leased to Ukraine and manned by highly skilled pilots.

View Quote
"Volunteer" pilots of course
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 4:30:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By mnd6563:

Per press releases out today, that column has not moved at all and is bogged down with its own supply issues.  I imaging Ukraine is prioritizing targets with all the intel they have from US/NATO ISR and their own drones flying.
View All Quotes

I have not seen evidence that the reservists have been able to do anything to stop that huge convoy. It's slow, but it's moving, and it's bringing all the supplies, men, fuel and equipment needed to grind Kiev's defenders down in a war of attrition.

Per press releases out today, that column has not moved at all and is bogged down with its own supply issues.  I imaging Ukraine is prioritizing targets with all the intel they have from US/NATO ISR and their own drones flying.
At this point Ukraine can just siege the siege lol.

Link Posted: 3/1/2022 4:30:44 PM EDT
[#21]
war is over tomorrow.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 4:30:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MadMonkey] [#22]
Originally Posted By Obo2:

rods from God are ultimately retarded.
They have to come down sooner or later and it's not as simple as putting up one space station with them. We'd need thousands to have effective coverage and time on target.
View Quote

I get so tired of hearing about that stupid shit in EVERY military or war thread we have
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 4:31:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Damn.
"The captured Russian occupier tells of atrocities in his army - officers kill their wounded soldiers, leave the dead on the battlefield, do not inform relatives."

View Quote

That has been the norm since at least the Afgan invasion days and probably in WW2 also.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 4:31:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Saw this posted by Andy Ago, all I can says is wow!  Please keep Biden alive until the next election!!

VP Kamala Harris went on black radio to explain the war:

“Ukraine is a country in Europe. It exists next to another country called Russia. Russia is a bigger country. Russia decided to invade a smaller country called Ukraine so basically that’s wrong.”
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 4:31:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By sulman:

I think it's PGM off the drone, or designated by the drone. There's no spotting rounds, and they're dropping them single shot right on the vehicles. An arty person can confirm, but I don't think grid targeting can do anything like this.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sulman:
Originally Posted By Greyswandir:

That was very accurate

Laser designated 155m Excalibur rounds?
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 4:32:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 4:32:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By glockluv:
war is over tomorrow.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/132893/1646155505881_png-2297781.JPG
View Quote

BaDaBaBaBa
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 4:33:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 4:34:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By ludder093:
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/1/2022 4:35:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By hondaciv:

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/1/2022 4:35:45 PM EDT
[#31]

What made you think I was ever in doubt about that? I have been monitoring developments in China with extreme concern. Xi Jingpin has taken a lesson straight out of Hitler's playbook and is employing extreme nationalism to turn his country into rabid haters of the US. Throw in the recent mega hype about the Chosin reservoir battle that became a runaway success in China, and it's almost like a replay of the opening of "Red Storm Rising". What's going on in China absolutely scares the shit out of me.

View Quote
Exactly.

The way I see it, what's going on now is really the first battle in a developing cold (I hope) war with China. We can't handle both an emboldened expansionist Russia and China at the same time.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 4:35:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Miracle_Pants] [#32]

Because Putin would not be fooled by a technicality over who issued their pay stubs, he would know he was fighting USAF and he would respond accordingly.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KaerMorhenResident:
Erik Prince had an excellent idea and it's too bad nobody in Washington D.C. listened to the man.

Remember the "Flying Tigers" of WW2? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Tigers

Why didn't we do the same exact thing for Ukraine?  Lease them planes, allow them to pay volunteer U.S. pilots to fly them, and paid for volunteer U.S. ground crews to maintain, fuel,  and arm them.  For a minimal expense and no direct U.S. involvement Ukraine would have total air dominance right now and be able to lay waste to the Russians.  Easy peasy.  

Because Putin would not be fooled by a technicality over who issued their pay stubs, he would know he was fighting USAF and he would respond accordingly.
Respond? What did we do when Russia had Wagner attack our forces in Syria? Sure, it was a massacre for Wagner forces but it doesn't change the fact that the Russians attacked us. We simply acted the way we had during the Cold War and went with the Russian lie.

What makes you think that Russia would violate our long standing game if we sent equipment and "private volunteers"? Already there are American "volunteers" on the ground. Do you think these will provoke a "response"?
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 4:36:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Guys,if they’re shooting their own wounded they are shooting prisoners.

Link Posted: 3/1/2022 4:36:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Theodoric:
72 hours ago, that was a viable idea. I'm not sure how many functional airfields the Ukrainians have at this point.
View Quote

Okay, let's pretend we're the evil imperialist the world claims us to be...

And just like the British Empire...

Simply rent out a Carrier Task Force to Ukraine for a few weeks...
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 4:36:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Saw this posted by Andy Ago, all I can says is wow!  Please keep Biden alive until the next election!!

"Ukraine is a country in Europe. It exists next to another country called Russia. Russia is a bigger country. Russia decided to invade a smaller country called Ukraine so basically that's wrong."
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/1/2022 4:37:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By RAL:

Looking at the old cold war era maps that show likely US targets I would not fare so well. The one map showed 3 nukes being detonated in close proximity to my home. I guess I can hope for poor targeting or a some other type of failure.

I would hope that we could take out the Russian boomers first with our attack subs before they could launch. Hopefully the B-2 bombers could sneak in at the same time and take out known fixed sites. That was basically part of the movie "Sum of all Fears". My fear is that if it truly came to that, which I doubt it will, our leaders would lack the intestinal fortitude to do the needful to mitigate our losses.

I'm pretty sure we would still take a beating. I would also wager more humans will die from the aftermath. Not from the radiation either.

Personally I believe that nuclear war will not happen in my lifetime, but I'm sure it will one day if humans are around long enough.
View Quote

Link to map?
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 4:37:55 PM EDT
[#37]
It's amazing to see Cancel culture move to entire countries
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 4:38:08 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

Don’t laugh. The Brit that has a fairly solid IG following said they’re surrounded in the city with no way out.

God help em.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 4:38:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RAL] [#39]
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 4:38:54 PM EDT
[#40]
What has President Potato been up to? Hiding in a cellar? He's been completely absent on the world stage.
View Quote

aren't they trying to get him drugged up for his State Of The Union speech?  should see how long he goes before he runs out of gas and just starts mumbling from the teleprompter.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 4:39:10 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote
Impressive
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 4:39:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Glad to see Ukraine is still in the fight.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 4:40:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Fuck.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FMylBmbWYAc2SYV?format=jpg&name=medium

View Quote

That is gut-wrenching.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 4:40:30 PM EDT
[#44]
And let's not forget our #1 geopolitical foe, China.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/27/business/china-russia-ukraine-invasion.html

There is NO DOUBT that China has turned its population into complete enemies of the United States. We should do well to not forget that.
View All Quotes
And let's not forget our #1 geopolitical foe, China.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/27/business/china-russia-ukraine-invasion.html

Why the Chinese Internet Is Cheering Russia's Invasion

As the world overwhelmingly condemns the assault on Ukraine, online opinion in China is mostly pro-Russia, pro-war and pro-Putin.

If President Vladimir V. Putin is looking for international support and approval for his invasion of Ukraine, he can turn to the Chinese internet.

Its users have called him "Putin the Great," "the best legacy of the former Soviet Union" and "the greatest strategist of this century." They have chastised Russians who protested against the war, saying they had been brainwashed by the United States.

Mr. Putin's speech on Thursday, which essentially portrayed the conflict as one waged against the West, won loud cheers on Chinese social media. Many people said they were moved to tears. "If I were Russian, Putin would be my faith, my light," wrote @jinyujiyiliangxiaokou, a user of the Twitter-like platform Weibo.

As the world overwhelmingly condemns Russia's invasion of Ukraine, the Chinese internet, for the most part, is pro-Russia, pro-war and pro-Putin.

Mr. Putin's portrayal of Russia as a victim of the West's political, ideological and military aggression has resonated deeply with many on social media. It dovetails with China's narrative that the United States and its allies are afraid of China's rise and the alternative world order it could create.

There is NO DOUBT that China has turned its population into complete enemies of the United States. We should do well to not forget that.
China is likely rethinking their alliances with Russia after seeing what's happening to it and how badly it's military is performing.  But you correct. China is the number 1 threat to the USA and the world.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 4:41:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nmxdavenn] [#45]
Originally Posted By FrankyRay:

That is gut-wrenching.
View Quote

And what tells you it’s factual rather than propaganda to drum up support?

The amount of people getting their facts from rando twitter accounts is amazing, especially after well known twitter accounts have been showing videos from 14 and passing them as current.

Link Posted: 3/1/2022 4:41:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By SilverBearX:
House Armed Services Comittee meeting with US Nuclear Command Live on YouTube.
Some very grim faces on both sides.
View Quote

Can you gives us a rundown on what they say ?
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 4:41:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By 74HC:
I don't think so.  Putin hasn't begin to use the weaponry designed to attack NATO, but I think we're see a few of those tonight.  He is mostly using traditional ground forces.  Even without nukes, Russia should have enough high tech missiles to level Kiev.  I think he is trying to get the western nations interest to wain into complacency.

That column outside of Kiev from Belarus probably stopped as leverage to tomorrow's peace negotiation with Ukraine. Those boots and armor will probably be the mop-up after missile assaults.

The key to all of this is Biden who has really not done a darn thing.  He's sending arms, but he should have been doing that the day he took office rather than stopping what Trump started. So it's really a day late and a dollar short.  He can easily put in a no-fly zone on western Ukraine and use that for leverage against Putin in negotiations.

The current SWIFT ban is easily circumvented as I point out in my prior post.  He still allows US to buy Russian crude oil. Plus Germany will only go so far as to not get their Gazprom spigot turned off.

Biden and Dr. Jill are probably spending most of their time fuming at Putin for doing this as the presidential election cycle starts this fall and gets into high gear early next year.
View Quote

Russians never made an effort to encrypt coms...
Abandoned equipment EVERYWHERE
Looting Russians
Highly highly unmotivated Russians
Units moving slower than foot speed

The Russians are done. There isn't a Russian conventional force today that can go toe to toe with the weakest NATO formations. The negotiations are meaningless...either nukes are getting used or the Ukrainians are going to chase the bear to Moscow.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 4:42:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Commando223:
It's amazing to see Cancel culture move to entire countries
View Quote

it’s really was the next step in its evolution.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 4:42:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By GiggleSmith:
Once, while at Fort Hood, my company did a Convoy to some nearby Air Force Base, I forget which one.  Just us Jeep Jockeys.  Going To the Base there were At Least 2 jeeps that stopped because of flat tires.  Coming back at Least 3 jeeps with bad tires; one jeep had Two flats.
Oh, yeah, I can imagine blown tracks, flat tires every 50 miles or so.
View Quote

Based on my own Jeeping experience, I find it hard to believe that you did a round trip Jeep convoy with only five stoppages. At a minimum you would have blown at least eight axle seals and two suspension knuckles.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 4:43:06 PM EDT
[#50]

“Ukraine is a country in Europe. It exists next to another country called Russia. Russia is a bigger country. Russia decided to invade a smaller country called Ukraine so basically that’s wrong.”
View Quote

Maybe it was the only explanation they could understand.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5590
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top