Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5590
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 10/27/2021 8:27:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Beer_Slayer]
It says it's been moved, but the link just takes me to the Community page. What gives?

This is now the active "shit (might be) is definitely happening in Ukraine" thread.

News links, thanks to BerettaGuy:
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
LINKS TO UKRAINIAN NEWS SOURCES IN ENGLISH

Kyiv Post

Ukrainian News

UKRInform

EUROMAIDEN PRESS

New Voice of Ukraine

Kyiv Independent

Ukraine World

InterFax Ukraine

UATV

Ukrainian Journal

Official Website of the President of Ukraine

Ukrainian Ministry of Defense

Save these links. I can't post all the headlines like I've done in the past - too much news and too often.
View Quote

Please @ me with additional stuff to be added here. I don't currently have time to properly curate this thread otherwise.

New news link c/o berettaguy:

Ukrainian Pravda
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/

Stop fake, anti - disinformation site:
https://www.stopfake.org/en/main/
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 4:18:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Shenanigunz:
https://i.imgur.com/70RKstS.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/26/2022 4:18:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By AR45fan:
Four days into the war and activists are already planning to help thousands of Ukranian "refugees" come to Cleveland.

https://www.cleveland19.com/2022/02/26/global-cleveland-helping-thousands-ukrainian-refugees-find-new-homes-us/
View Quote

I rather have the ones that fight for their country.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 4:18:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 4:18:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Four days into the war and activists are already planning to help thousands of Ukranian "refugees" come to Cleveland.

https://www.cleveland19.com/2022/02/26/global-cleveland-helping-thousands-ukrainian-refugees-find-new-homes-us/
View Quote

Parma!
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 4:18:46 PM EDT
[#5]
404 - Thread not found.

Link Posted: 2/26/2022 4:19:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Chokey:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FMi_zKQXoAEHnFz?format=jpg&name=900x900
View Quote

*Applause*

Link Posted: 2/26/2022 4:19:53 PM EDT
[#7]
There's a KC-135T Stratotanker (LAGR223) flying a racetrack pattern over eastern Romania.  The only other thing I can see in the vicenity is a Globalhawk (FORTE11) flying a racetrack pattern to the west of Crimea, and previously to the south east of that area.

US must have some air assets up there in order for that KC-135T to be there.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 4:19:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Stretchman:
Don't take this the wrong way, but I am having a hard time believing the reports coming out of Ukraine. I doubt very seriously that Ukraine has internet, and more than likely, the stuff we're being fed about who is doing what to who is probably total BS.

Think what you want, but I pray for the people of Ukraine. I can't help but think that it's them being massacred right now, and that the whole time, Putin is laughing at us while he pulls the wool over our eyes.

I don't consider any of the stuff I've seen so far to be anything but Russian separatists and Russian troops going hard on the people of that country. I am pretty sure that they are laughing their asses off getting people to send stuff, stuff that they are probably going to use on the Ukrainian people. Unless we are getting our intel directly, I have serious doubts about everything we're being told.

My .02, YMMV.
View Quote

I just posted an update from my guide that's in Kyiv right now. She stepped out of the shelter for fresh air and reply to some messages.

They have internet.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 4:19:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By CTAC:

Power and internet is up.  Not sure why that’s so hard to believe. Can be verified many times over. Reports coming in can be verified by various live streams almost in real time.  
View Quote

I think it's because Russia doesn't want us to see all their tricks. The Rivet Joints, Global Hawks, EC-130s, and other ISR assets are spooking them.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 4:20:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By et_slowpoke:

That is probably the biggest tell that the ghost is BS or a cover story. The Mig29’s record before this is it only ever has shot down other mig29’s and cessna’s. It has a terrible real life record. It is likely the most overrated fighter in the world. If some Ukraine pilot has used it to good effect then the dude is insanely good, or divinely blessed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By et_slowpoke:
Originally Posted By GHOS7:
My need for a DCS session has intensified. Playing as the Ghost but in a Su27

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/443802/Digital_Combat_Simulator_1_24_2022_6_04_-2294013.JPG

That is probably the biggest tell that the ghost is BS or a cover story. The Mig29’s record before this is it only ever has shot down other mig29’s and cessna’s. It has a terrible real life record. It is likely the most overrated fighter in the world. If some Ukraine pilot has used it to good effect then the dude is insanely good, or divinely blessed.

It would be extremely embarrassing to the Russians if they’re losing Su-35s to a Fulcrum.

What is true, they’re losing advanced Flankers to…something.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 4:20:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Don't take this the wrong way, but I am having a hard time believing the reports coming out of Ukraine. I doubt very seriously that Ukraine has internet, and more than likely, the stuff we're being fed about who is doing what to who is probably total BS.

Think what you want, but I pray for the people of Ukraine. I can't help but think that it's them being massacred right now, and that the whole time, Putin is laughing at us while he pulls the wool over our eyes.

I don't consider any of the stuff I've seen so far to be anything but Russian separatists and Russian troops going hard on the people of that country. I am pretty sure that they are laughing their asses off getting people to send stuff, stuff that they are probably going to use on the Ukrainian people. Unless we are getting our intel directly, I have serious doubts about everything we're being told.

My .02, YMMV.
View Quote

You need to back away from the crack pipe.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 4:20:13 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

I've got no problem with Ukrainian refugees.

I might have to move back to Cleveland now
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 4:20:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

I think it's because Russia doesn't want us to see all their tricks. The Rivet Joints, Global Hawks, EC-130s, and other ISR assets are spooking them.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:
Originally Posted By CTAC:

Power and internet is up.  Not sure why that’s so hard to believe. Can be verified many times over. Reports coming in can be verified by various live streams almost in real time.  

Awww they're spooked? Ain't that a bitch!
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 4:20:35 PM EDT
[#14]

Video of aircraft getting hit
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 4:20:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Durka-Durka:

Dude's got some swagger walking around with that thing.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Boedy:
NLAW seen during a firefight. Insane video filmed reportedly on the outskirts of Ivankov

He is looking for Scalps for sure, all out of F*%k's to give..
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 4:20:48 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

I have an extra bedroom for several Ukrainian ladies.

Link Posted: 2/26/2022 4:20:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:
On second thought: The pattern of destruction does kind of make sense in retrospect. If I'm a Ukrainian general, I know I'm severely outnumbered. It might be best to disperse your troops and conduct hit-and-run attacks.

The only problem with that plan would be that you're ceding territory, and there ain't a whole lot of open road between Belarus and Kiev.
View Quote

Having most of their armor get wrecked trying to stop the Russians from coming in from several directions would be a waste of tanks if they don't have enough of them to be decisive or to withstand artillery when they're fixed.  Probably best to keep them safe from artillery and air attack until you can use them for things like finishing off pockets of airborne/air mobile forces and let guys zooming around in light vehicles with ATGM's deal with the columns.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 4:20:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Third_Rail:

A chance to save my countrymen? To save innocents?

I wouldn't hesitate. I'd pitch everything I had. I'd fire what I had. I'd launch a RPG. I'd drive a damn truck into it with the pedal to the floor.

Anything to disable/destroy such an abhorrent weapon.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Third_Rail:
Originally Posted By crownvic96:
Originally Posted By ziarifleman:
Originally Posted By doty_soty:
Are those TOS launchers just driving up all alone? Because they're a pretty juicy target for all those launchers and Molotovs.

I can't imagine the secondaries from that.

Yeah i'd be a little hesitant to throw a molotov on one of those.

A chance to save my countrymen? To save innocents?

I wouldn't hesitate. I'd pitch everything I had. I'd fire what I had. I'd launch a RPG. I'd drive a damn truck into it with the pedal to the floor.

Anything to disable/destroy such an abhorrent weapon.

Plus one

Link Posted: 2/26/2022 4:20:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By sq40:

Any chance the “Ghost of Kiev” isus using stealth to fuck up the Ruskies at night?
View Quote

I wish. The Raptor is the king in this domain but I don't think we're willing to play that hand yet.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 4:21:02 PM EDT
[#20]

My .02, YMMV.
View Quote

The propaganda machine is in full swing. I was following this story and it was so sad about these two people dying for their country. Turns out it was taken from a movie. Some people just trying to be relevant are throwing fake news out there hoping it will stick like throwing spaghetti noodles on the wall to see if they are done.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 4:21:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By atavistic:

View Quote

Better than syrians, afganistans, and south americans.  Ukrainians are far better educated.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 4:21:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Looks like they are in the process of disconnecting Russia from the SWIFT banking network..

https://www.uawire.org/kyiv-full-consensus-for-disconnecting-russia-from-swift-has-been-achieved-the-process-has-begun
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 4:21:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Translation: Video of a battle with Russian aircraft over Vasilkov

????? ??????????? ??? ? ??????????? ???????? ??? ???????????
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 4:22:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By dskeet:

I"m trying to think of it as agreeing with Jeff Spicoli and not actually Sean Penn
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 4:22:15 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

I’d like about 200,000 in Chicago please.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 4:22:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By georgiaboy:
I've been solidly on the "not our business" side of things until this.  We can't allow the use of these on civilian population centers.  Not talking boots on ground, but if half the bluster I've read about our ability to remain unseen while firing are true, these launchers need to disappear.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By georgiaboy:
Originally Posted By thesilvercord:
Oh fuck. Here we go. Thermobaric weapons.

I've been solidly on the "not our business" side of things until this.  We can't allow the use of these on civilian population centers.  Not talking boots on ground, but if half the bluster I've read about our ability to remain unseen while firing are true, these launchers need to disappear.

It's in a residential area.  The Russians are just waiting to be taken out.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 4:22:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Star_Scream] [#27]

View Quote

They can't do that from here soooo
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 4:22:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By ArmedKulak:

View Quote
I'm 10 min from parma
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 4:23:14 PM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes
NLAW seen during a firefight. Insane video filmed reportedly on the outskirts of Ivankov

That vid reminds me of some marvel movie when they introduce a new superhero to the fight.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 4:23:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 4:24:11 PM EDT
[#31]

It would be extremely embarrassing to the Russians if they’re losing Su-35s to a Fulcrum.

What is true, they’re losing advanced Flankers to…something.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/26/2022 4:24:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 4:25:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By outofbattery:

If someone,for example,has had it explained to them who the patriarch of the Russian church is and still thinks "but Putin is bringing Jesus back" I am going to assume they have just enough intelligence to use a keyboard but no more. If someone repeats "Russia has better gun laws than any place in Europe" and it has been explained why they are wrong and still repeat it,I am going to assume that they indeed are a moron. I'm not friends with morons just because they own guns,Putin owns lots of guns

The  membership of this site is just a cross section of intelligence and some aren't very bright and some have been led astray by Russia's admittedly amazing IO. To an extent many are victims but a useful idiot is still an idiot. Some idiots are fun,one of my fishing buddies is dyslexic,can't read or do math and gets lost in a broom closet but he's one of the coolest motherfuckers ever. Even he knows Putin sucks though.

View All Quotes

I'm not nut-hugging. I'm offering a point of understanding of why some people in GD respected him.  Life isn't as black/white as it is in GD.

I'll offer a counterpoint: there are loads of people with an IQ of 81.

You're starting to get emotional.  Don't lash out at your friends thinking they are enemies.

If someone,for example,has had it explained to them who the patriarch of the Russian church is and still thinks "but Putin is bringing Jesus back" I am going to assume they have just enough intelligence to use a keyboard but no more. If someone repeats "Russia has better gun laws than any place in Europe" and it has been explained why they are wrong and still repeat it,I am going to assume that they indeed are a moron. I'm not friends with morons just because they own guns,Putin owns lots of guns

The  membership of this site is just a cross section of intelligence and some aren't very bright and some have been led astray by Russia's admittedly amazing IO. To an extent many are victims but a useful idiot is still an idiot. Some idiots are fun,one of my fishing buddies is dyslexic,can't read or do math and gets lost in a broom closet but he's one of the coolest motherfuckers ever. Even he knows Putin sucks though.

First if all, as a dyslexic

what are we talking about?

Link Posted: 2/26/2022 4:25:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 4:25:18 PM EDT
[#35]

My .02, YMMV.
View Quote

Wife and i adopted three kids from Ukraine 5 years ago.  They still have a sister who lives in Mykolaiv just northeast of Odessa.

We were all on Instagram doing a video chat with her this morning.  We could even hear some shelling in the background.

Link Posted: 2/26/2022 4:25:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By 74HC:
There's a KC-135T Stratotanker (LAGR223) flying a racetrack pattern over eastern Romania.  The only other thing I can see in the vicenity is a Globalhawk (FORTE11) flying a racetrack pattern to the west of Crimea, and previously to the south east of that area.

US must have some air assets up there in order for that KC-135T to be there.
View Quote

A lot of our fighters still don't have ADS-B transponders.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 4:25:29 PM EDT
[#37]

Translation: We don't want war! Get off our land!
????????? ?????? ?? ??????? — ????, ?? ?? ????? ?????! ??????? ? ????? ?????!
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 4:25:45 PM EDT
[#38]
"Grandma" just texted Putin go pissed at the pushback so he fired his chief commander and replaced him with the most brutal guy who is pro massacre of citizens. Food is getting scarce on the west side and coved is rampant.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 4:25:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By rbarry3715:

I’d like about 200,000 in Chicago please.
View Quote

It'd be unfair to take all their women, though, so we should probably send them 200,000 of ours
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 4:26:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 4:26:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: et_slowpoke] [#41]

View All Quotes

Republicans should push to allow a couple million Ukraine refugees. East European refugees hate democrats communist policies…

It'd be unfair to take all their women, though, so we should probably send them 200,000 of ours

That might just be a war crime…
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 4:26:38 PM EDT
[#42]

If Ukraine is on a roll and getting restocked with missiles and weapons they may as well take Crimea back.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 4:26:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By odiedodi:
Is-

Is he okay?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By odiedodi:
Is-

Is he okay?

Da, comrade is of nappings
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 4:26:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Hate to ask because it's been posted a ton of times, but this thread is moving so fast.

Can somebody post the cartoon of the Russian soldier with the sunflowers growing out of his corpse?

Link Posted: 2/26/2022 4:27:23 PM EDT
[#45]

Chechens are bad news. That’s from our guys who fought them in Afghanistan.
View All Quotes

Maybe it wasn't the Chechnyan's weren't so bad ass as much as the Russians sucked so much.

Chechens are bad news. That’s from our guys who fought them in Afghanistan.

Chechnya isn't Sparta, ffs. Just another beardie with a different hue.

Ask "our guys" and the Islamist Chechen veterans from antiquity those seem to recall with apprehension were wiped out during the Anaconda and early Fallujah operations. I'd be more worried if Putin bought bus tickets to Ukraine for every military-aged male in Dagestan.

Link Posted: 2/26/2022 4:27:29 PM EDT
[#46]

I can’t imagine the secondaries from that.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By doty_soty:
Are those TOS launchers just driving up all alone? Because they’re a pretty juicy target for all those launchers and Molotovs.

I can’t imagine the secondaries from that.

They have a detonation sequence. Without that element they "shouldn't" do much.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 4:28:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By ad_nauseam:

*Applause*

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ad_nauseam:
Originally Posted By Chokey:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FMi_zKQXoAEHnFz?format=jpg&name=900x900

*Applause*

That’s a fight I really really hope they win.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 4:28:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By xdmikey:
"Grandma" just texted Putin go pissed at the pushback so he fired his chief commander and replaced him with the most brutal guy who is pro massacre of citizens. Food is getting scarce on the west side and coved is rampant.
View Quote
Hope this isn't true.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 4:28:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 4:28:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Ready for a mini thermobaric party

— ???????? ?????? ?????, ????? ???? ????? ????????? ??????????
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5590
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top