Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5590
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 10/27/2021 8:27:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Beer_Slayer]
It says it's been moved, but the link just takes me to the Community page. What gives?

This is now the active "shit (might be) is definitely happening in Ukraine" thread.

News links, thanks to BerettaGuy:
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
LINKS TO UKRAINIAN NEWS SOURCES IN ENGLISH

Kyiv Post

Ukrainian News

UKRInform

EUROMAIDEN PRESS

New Voice of Ukraine

Kyiv Independent

Ukraine World

InterFax Ukraine

UATV

Ukrainian Journal

Official Website of the President of Ukraine

Ukrainian Ministry of Defense

Save these links. I can't post all the headlines like I've done in the past - too much news and too often.
View Quote

Please @ me with additional stuff to be added here. I don't currently have time to properly curate this thread otherwise.

New news link c/o berettaguy:

Ukrainian Pravda
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/

Stop fake, anti - disinformation site:
https://www.stopfake.org/en/main/
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 10:26:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By netstorm:
They are sending in the garbage troops first so it's not surprising. Pretty sure they are human minesweepers and meatshields. We will see during round 2 if more optics come out.

Then again Russia has never had a problem throwing in meat shields with crap equipment, they just don't care who dies.
View Quote

Considering that many Russian troops seem to not want to be there I can’t see it playing too well when further waves move up and see those that already got murked.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 10:26:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 10:27:21 AM EDT
[#3]

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 10:27:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 10:27:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:

I can believe that is their plan.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:
Originally Posted By thesilvercord:

I can believe that is their plan.

Yup and they might be reverting to their Syria tactics. Hitting the heating plant might show that. It’s winter and they turn out the lights and turn off the heat and the civvies unass the area. Then they level the place. It will be extremely sad if they do that to Kiev.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 10:27:52 AM EDT
[#6]

Oh shit. Hopefully nobody was in those units
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 10:28:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By TripleC:
I just hope Putin doesn't throw a temper tantrum and uses the nasty stuff.
View Quote

I am concerned getting kicked out of swift, combined with turkey blockading the sea route, will cause him to do this. He could just stop, but the sunk cost fallacy exists for a reason, and he's sunk a lot of cost into this.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 10:28:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By BigReb:

They are about to shell the shit out of kiev.

Try to make the Ukrainians negotiate.
View Quote

Yeah they had some guy on the news basically saying that Russia was stupid for trying to send troops in a city of millions. He then said that Russia will have to eventually level the city.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 10:28:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Interesting photo of a guard at the airfield in Vasylkiv.   Wonder how many AR type weapons the Ukraine Army has.   Grabbed it from this feed:  https://twitter.com/jmscaronte/status/1497514673712812032

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 10:29:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Telegram channel list with updates.

https://t.me/nkplus_ua
https://t.me/LastBP
https://t.me/MaksymZhorin
View Quote

Thanks. Telegram is even better than Twitter for “breaking” photos and videos.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 10:29:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By M-1975:
View Quote

Dang. Something fucked that up what ever it was.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 10:29:19 AM EDT
[#12]
LOL I'm sure they'll get right on that:

View Quote

I don't see that happening.

They are on the wrong side of everything.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 10:29:42 AM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

Nyet, BBQ cages really are for BBQ comrade.

Those g'damn ugly things were emotional feel-good cushions for those tanker troops. Javelins and NLAWs laugh it off.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 10:29:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By jerrwhy01:

At this point I’m not convinced that they’re as nuclear capable as we’ve been led to believe.

Their conventional forces are somewhat of a joke at this point. I think an ROTC cadet could have planned and executed this better than the Russian high command did. I’m almost convinced this Putin’s cabinet is telling what he wants to hear rather than what he needs to hear.

All of those things are leading me to believe that there’s a lot of bluffing taking place in regards to their military capabilities. I have to imagine that their nuclear forces are in the same predicament  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jerrwhy01:

Originally Posted By Dagger41:

Their threat is their nuclear capabilities.
They are proving once again that their war fighting logistics for ground game completely suck.
They are running around Ukraine like chickens with their heads cut off and turning themselves in to cannon fodder.

At this point I’m not convinced that they’re as nuclear capable as we’ve been led to believe.

Their conventional forces are somewhat of a joke at this point. I think an ROTC cadet could have planned and executed this better than the Russian high command did. I’m almost convinced this Putin’s cabinet is telling what he wants to hear rather than what he needs to hear.

All of those things are leading me to believe that there’s a lot of bluffing taking place in regards to their military capabilities. I have to imagine that their nuclear forces are in the same predicament  

Russian nuke capability has to be assumed intact. To do otherwise is insane.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 10:30:01 AM EDT
[#15]
The problem is, he can't retreat because he will look pathetic to his people and weak to his enemies.

His one option is to take Ukraine at this point.
View Quote

That place would end up a lot better if someone put a hole behind one of that fucker’s ears.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 10:30:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

the footage of the russian ka-52 being shot down in the lake near kyiv had all kinds of bright green grass around it.  could also be winter wheat.. but point of the matter is there is green grass in ukraine in the winter
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AROKIE:
Originally Posted By Dagger41:
Originally Posted By Brok3n:
Originally Posted By Tech-Com:
If this is happening all over the country then I believe the air casualties.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/65378/13EAF4E9-6FC9-4699-9ECC-45B9FBDABAD1-2293439.jpg

I can never tell the Fulcrum and Flanker apart from a distance. Looks like a Fulcrum though. I hope it’s not one of their own..

That grass is quite green, almost like it was Summer...

the footage of the russian ka-52 being shot down in the lake near kyiv had all kinds of bright green grass around it.  could also be winter wheat.. but point of the matter is there is green grass in ukraine in the winter

There is dirt in the front that isn’t wet/mud.  Show me dry dirt in that area right now. Old picture
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 10:30:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Glock63:

Send our aggressor squadron pilots over who are familiar with Russian aircraft. Volunteer of course.
View Quote

Oh man they'd nut for a AA kill in a Su/MiG.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 10:31:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By PNWPatriot:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FMhTV4aXMAUe-7m?format=jpg&name=large
https://twitter.com/jmscaronte/status/1497538519039975431?s=20&t=6ew1gY5TmEv6xizv3jYFqg
"The clownery of arresting "saboteurs" continues. This time, a whole group was captured near Nikopol, with Ukrainian "Malyukas" and equipment, and they did not even bother to take away the pistols and automatic rifles from all of them."

Interesting mismash of weaponry.

All the feeds from Sumy\Suma appear down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUkfhlIvvKQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTw3r4n3W4Y
View Quote
Um...is that a fucking Geissele URGI in the pile on the bottom right?
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 10:31:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 10:31:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Solace22:

Now thats brutal
View Quote

At least they were kept warm during their final moments
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 10:31:30 AM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

BMD3 or bmp 3
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 10:31:39 AM EDT
[#22]

Fox News is a 360 degree disappointment.  According to a post here, one reporter said that it's bad that Ukraine is passing out guns to civilians and that hopefully negotiations could stop the conflict. And their subject matter expert generals who said that Kyiv would fall in 24-48 hours and that Ukrainians would have to recognize the Kremlin's puppet.  Unreal. Too many dunce talkers on that channel when their reporters should be in the field with the video running another fucking mouths shut.its as bad as CNN just not dripping with leftism.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By civic96hb:
Originally Posted By lafirefighter:

While the means to accomplish such an objective are obviously being moved in. I really doubt that's what Putin wants. He was hoping Zelensky would flee and he'd be able to install a puppet president. Once Putin starts targeting non-military assets, obliterating cities, and killing civilians he will never be able to win the support of the Ukrainian people and will forever face insurgency. Such a strategy has to be his last option.

That’s why the talking heads on Fox were saying it’s easy to takeover Ukraine but harder to hold Ukraine

Fox News is a 360 degree disappointment.  According to a post here, one reporter said that it's bad that Ukraine is passing out guns to civilians and that hopefully negotiations could stop the conflict. And their subject matter expert generals who said that Kyiv would fall in 24-48 hours and that Ukrainians would have to recognize the Kremlin's puppet.  Unreal. Too many dunce talkers on that channel when their reporters should be in the field with the video running another fucking mouths shut.its as bad as CNN just not dripping with leftism.

People following Fox after coverage of the 2020 election are deluded. Fox was giddy calling states prematurely for Xiden. They shut down talks of Soros’ control. They’re trash.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 10:31:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 10:32:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By outofbattery:

I’m await a giant POP heard around the world as Western Europe pulls its head out of its ass.
View Quote

quite the opposite, i expect.   when everyone sees how the #2 army in the world is out of gas on the side of the road and can't even capture eastern ukraine, the left in europe will say, "see? there is no threat anymore" and cut defense spending to zero and make it a responsibility of local police.  

if they find out russia was a paper tiger, there could be some very interesting 2nd and 3rd order effects
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 10:32:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 10:32:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 10:32:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By SportsterGuy:
Despite what all you AK detractors are saying about the AK it certainly looks like old Mikhai's little creation will yet stand out as the hero once again, just sayin.
View Quote

Its the only rifle in theater.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 10:32:36 AM EDT
[#28]

It's interesting that they are giving all the official smaller kink type guns. I guess it makes sense to have something compact in their situation.

I guess the narrative will change from nukes and f15s to we will supply you with guns if anything happens.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 10:32:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 10:33:41 AM EDT
[#30]

There were plenty of reports weeks ago that Russia had brought in a large amount of ammonia gas to stage an event. They may be getting ready to use it.

I hope not but don’t know how NATO/EU could fail to respond after the “red lines” on chemical warfare in Syria,to say nothing of Europe.
View Quote

1. Troops should have protective masks as standard equipment - not a special issue item

2. Soviet doctrine was to use chem attacks when timetables were not being met in order to degrade enemy units.

3. Being as the Geneva Conventions prohibit chemical warfare this would be a big event. Previous by "non state actors" wink wink at least gave some fig leaf to pretend a signatory had not violated the accords, but this will be obvious that it didn't "just happen".
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 10:33:41 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Taboot:
I wish I could understand what they're saying in these videos.
View Quote

Suka is bitch wolf. So basically 'bitch'.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 10:34:01 AM EDT
[#32]
So i'm looking but did anyone ever post any photos/videos of the IL-76's that were supposedly brought down last night? I still can't find anything.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 10:34:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By azerious58:
Man I gotta say I've been blown away by the bravery of Ukraine troops and civilians they are getting after it.

much respect
View Quote

Bravery + good training = deadly enemy
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 10:34:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Waldo] [#34]
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 10:34:28 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 10:34:41 AM EDT
[#36]

If they aren’t stopped in Kyiv I’ll have to fight them in Tallinn.
View Quote

WE will fight them in tallinn.

You ain’t alone
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 10:34:50 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Stretchman:

They might be Russian separatists who are siding with the Russians. I think the Ukrainian truck driver was attacked for that reason too.

Hard to tell who's who in that.
View All Quotes
An example of all the vehicles on the move at the moment. Tank Convoy
Crazy Ukranians driving past them.

They might be Russian separatists who are siding with the Russians. I think the Ukrainian truck driver was attacked for that reason too.

A tank had an O on the side, no Z.  Don't know what that means
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 10:35:27 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By thesilvercord:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/327183/ED8640C7-5B1D-4741-A83F-D9D8086EF86A_jpe-2293570.JPG
View Quote

Note the shredded styrofoam for DIY napalm
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 10:35:43 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 10:36:16 AM EDT
[#40]
Is there any form of a front in this conflict, or is it pockets and corridors of Russian controlled space and pockets and corridors of Ukrainian controlled space.  I haven't seen any sort of illustration on this since some graphics published on night one.

Just wondering what the logistical situation looks like for Ukraine.  It is still possible to get men and materiel where it needs to be within the country and from the Polish border if that is where the majority of resupply is coming from.

It seems like the political will is growing to stock the Ukrainians with whatever they need to fight, but it has to get to where it needed, as well.

Godspeed Ukraine.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 10:36:18 AM EDT
[#41]
I know its early, and I know that the information is all subject to verification, but in a way, Zelenskyy appears to be emerging as a modern day Leonidas. All I know of his leadership this past few days is through the lens of western media and social media....and if a fraction of it is true, he is a man among men and a leader that history will remember for generations.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 10:36:22 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By crownvic96:
So i'm looking but did anyone ever post any photos/videos of the IL-76's that were supposedly brought down last night? I still can't find anything.
View Quote
This is what I found with a quick search, can't verify for certain.

Link Posted: 2/26/2022 10:36:30 AM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

I was struck by the parade of experts who all repeated, almost word for word, these lines. They didn’t come off like people who merely share an opinion the situation either.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 10:36:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Cincinnatus] [#44]
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 10:36:44 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Ben:

I'm not going to go back and check if it has already been explained, but would any of you like the reference here explained? The cultural background I mean?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ben:
Originally Posted By solid:
Originally Posted By superspud:
**** pic request****

Thousands of pages ago I saw a drawing  / art work of a dead Russian soldier skeleton with sunflower growing out of its back.

Who knows what page it was on, but if someone can repost that I'll be forever grateful.

Id LOVE to get that on a shirt.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/87259/B98EB6D4-E08F-427C-9CE1-EEC6338E42D0_jpe-2293502.jpg

Just noticed already done above but leaving it up, that lady had zero fucks left.!

I'm not going to go back and check if it has already been explained, but would any of you like the reference here explained? The cultural background I mean?
@Ben

the story is an 'old' Ukrainian woman offered sunflower seeds to a russian soldier to put in his pockets. So that when he died in fields of Ukraine, sunflowers would grow there.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 10:36:58 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 10:37:08 AM EDT
[#47]
Turkey has NOT closed the black sea to Russia:

Linky
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 10:37:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tech-Com] [#48]
Originally Posted By Chaingun:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Chaingun:
An example of all the vehicles on the move at the moment. Tank Convoy
Crazy Ukranians driving past them.

I've seen O,Z,V and diagonal stripes on tanks that might be similar to V
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 10:37:22 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By HappyCamel:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HappyCamel:
Originally Posted By PNWPatriot:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FMhTV4aXMAUe-7m?format=jpg&name=large
https://twitter.com/jmscaronte/status/1497538519039975431?s=20&t=6ew1gY5TmEv6xizv3jYFqg
"The clownery of arresting "saboteurs" continues. This time, a whole group was captured near Nikopol, with Ukrainian "Malyukas" and equipment, and they did not even bother to take away the pistols and automatic rifles from all of them."

Interesting mismash of weaponry.

All the feeds from Sumy\Suma appear down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUkfhlIvvKQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTw3r4n3W4Y

It looks kinda like a NF Atacr optic on that rifle, as well.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 10:37:36 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By jkitchen:

It's interesting that they are giving all the official smaller kink type guns. I guess it makes sense to have something compact in their situation.

I guess the narrative will change from nukes and f15s to we will supply you with guns if anything happens.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jkitchen:

I have a full auto Krink. Those things get HOT under sustained fire much quicker than my 74N.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5590
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top