Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5590
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 10/27/2021 8:27:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Beer_Slayer]
It says it's been moved, but the link just takes me to the Community page. What gives?

This is now the active "shit (might be) is definitely happening in Ukraine" thread.

News links, thanks to BerettaGuy:
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
LINKS TO UKRAINIAN NEWS SOURCES IN ENGLISH

Kyiv Post

Ukrainian News

UKRInform

EUROMAIDEN PRESS

New Voice of Ukraine

Kyiv Independent

Ukraine World

InterFax Ukraine

UATV

Ukrainian Journal

Official Website of the President of Ukraine

Ukrainian Ministry of Defense

Save these links. I can't post all the headlines like I've done in the past - too much news and too often.
View Quote

Please @ me with additional stuff to be added here. I don't currently have time to properly curate this thread otherwise.

New news link c/o berettaguy:

Ukrainian Pravda
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/

Stop fake, anti - disinformation site:
https://www.stopfake.org/en/main/
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:26:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Shenanigunz:
https://i.imgur.com/IIUSMly.jpeg
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:30:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

Wow. That's alot of troops moved just overnight
View Quote

Russian snap drills have mobilized 250,000 troops within about the same time. When the Russian army strikes, they strike with lightning speed. Just imagine if they were in full battle mode with total air support and rocket artillery right now. It would be a total blitzkrieg assault. They would take the capitol in a matter of days.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:31:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By mooreshawnm:

It's a divisions worth of troops that moved 20 miles by road through friendly territory. Not even worth mentioning.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mooreshawnm:

It's a divisions worth of troops that moved 20 miles by road through friendly territory. Not even worth mentioning.

True. Putting it that way. Makes sense.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:32:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By atavistic:
Recapping:
• Putin has the Eastern Ukraine for 'No Charge'.
• For all the bluster, NATO hadn't agreed on any real sanctions, and there's little appetite to come up with any.
• The Ukraine President is a moron.
• Putin knows he can take as much of Ukraine as he really wants without NATO standing in the way.
• Putin has effective control of Belarus.
• Estonia businesses better start taking rubles.
• Xi is sitting there saying, 'Can it be this easy?'

Is that about right?
View Quote

I would add:

• Kamala Harris has demonstrated to the world that the United States has its head up its ass.

Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:33:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By realwar:

Russian snap drills have mobilized 250,000 troops within about the same time. When the Russian army strikes, they strike with lightning speed. Just imagine if they were in full battle mode with total air support and rocket artillery right now. It would be a total blitzkrieg assault. They would take the capitol in a matter of days.
View All Quotes

Would be horrible to see unfold. I think alot of people are in for a shock for what's about to come
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:33:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By amanbearpig:

Just start a new thread for this crap and quit spamming this one with it.
View All Quotes
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_banners/2340667345/1643326126/1500x500
TWITTER HEADER FOR EHRICH

Some tweets from Tucker Carlson's Russian expert who is a Russian apologist and former Russian government employee:

Pinned Tweet
Clint Ehrlich
@ClintEhrlich
·

Clint Ehrlich
@ClintEhrlich
·
5h
Senior Obama administration official wants to start shooting down Russian planes.

I warned on Tucker Carlson this woman wanted to start a war with Russia. This is her new plan. #WW3
Quote Tweet
Evelyn Farkas
@EvelynNFarkas
· 15h
Also, let’s consider a no-fly zone over the nonoccupied part of #Ukraine.
Show this thread
Clint Ehrlich
@ClintEhrlich
·
6h
I'm hearing many people claim that the Russian public are not excited about recognition of the LNR & DNR.

That's not what I'm hearing/seeing in my circles.

While not as big a deal as the return of Crimea, there was plenty of champagne popped today by ordinary Russians.

Clint Ehrlich
@ClintEhrlich
·

7h
There are conflicting reports about whether Russia will recognize the *entire* Donbas as the territory of the DNR/LNR.

That is THE critical question right now.

It will dictate whether the Ukrainian military is an "occupying force" that Russia could immediately attack.
Clint Ehrlich
@ClintEhrlich

You will notice on his Twitter page that it's not always what he is saying (although doing a good job for the Kremlin) but what he is NOT saying about this conflict.

Here is the background on Tucker Carlson's Russia expert:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/23/Clinton_Ehrlich_Sitting_MGIMO.jpg/300px-Clinton_Ehrlich_Sitting_MGIMO.jpg

Clinton Ehrlich (born September 20, 1989) is a Visiting Researcher at the Moscow State Institute of International Relations, who is known for being one of the only Westerners in Russia's Ministry of Foreign Affairs.[1][2][3][4][5][6][7][9][10][11] According to Foreign Policy, Ehrlich is embedded at the highest level of Moscow's national-security brain trust.[12]

https://i.ibb.co/dfvCqbf/20220129-151755.jpg

If one has any idea what that means they would realize that Mr. Ehrlich is at the highest level of being a Russian disinformation operative. If one reads any of his works and knew ANYTHING about Russian disinformation campaigns, one would realize that he negotiates on behalf of Russia through his political appearances and writings as an "expert on Russia."

Tucker DOES agree with Jeffrey Ehrlich on Ukraine and this issue. And Carlson has made several derogatory remarks about Ukraine including statements asking what's wrong if he [Tucker] is on Russia's side. Very psychological with Ehrich's photo header being one with Tucker on his show. Russia/Kremlin/RT News/Sputnik/Tass has been capturing the right, especially the patriotic right, for at least 15 years.

Here is another photo of Ehrlich:

https://i.ibb.co/YbHmZK3/20220129-113916.jpg

I love the attention to detail with the hammer and sickle...

Visit Ehrich's Twitter account to read the latest "news" about Russia and Ukraine here.

Shouldn't Russian propaganda and propagandists be exposed in a conflict involving Russia?
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:34:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:35:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By New2AR15s:

Is it not possible for Ukraine to cede the regions Russia is taking and then join NATO as part of that deal? Officially recognize them as lost and try and defend what is left if (hahahaha) Russia were to push forward further?

FWIW i think this is a bad course of action, but thinking of the possibilities.
View Quote

Potentially, but I’m not sure anyone in the world wants to join Russia in recognizing the provinces as not being part of Ukraine, and there would be a whole lot of handwringing about Russia viewing the extension of NATO membership to Ukraine as provocation.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:36:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:

Shouldn't Russian propaganda and propagandists be exposed in a conflict involving Russia?
View All Quotes

Some tweets from Tucker Carlson's Russian expert who is a Russian apologist and former Russian government employee:

Pinned Tweet
Clint Ehrlich
@ClintEhrlich
·

Clint Ehrlich
@ClintEhrlich
·
5h
Senior Obama administration official wants to start shooting down Russian planes.

I warned on Tucker Carlson this woman wanted to start a war with Russia. This is her new plan. #WW3
Quote Tweet
Evelyn Farkas
@EvelynNFarkas
· 15h
Show this thread
Clint Ehrlich
@ClintEhrlich
·
6h
I'm hearing many people claim that the Russian public are not excited about recognition of the LNR & DNR.

While not as big a deal as the return of Crimea, there was plenty of champagne popped today by ordinary Russians.

Clint Ehrlich
@ClintEhrlich
·

7h
There are conflicting reports about whether Russia will recognize the *entire* Donbas as the territory of the DNR/LNR.

It will dictate whether the Ukrainian military is an "occupying force" that Russia could immediately attack.
Clint Ehrlich
@ClintEhrlich

You will notice on his Twitter page that it's not always what he is saying (although doing a good job for the Kremlin) but what he is NOT saying about this conflict.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/23/Clinton_Ehrlich_Sitting_MGIMO.jpg/300px-Clinton_Ehrlich_Sitting_MGIMO.jpg

Clinton Ehrlich (born September 20, 1989) is a Visiting Researcher at the Moscow State Institute of International Relations, who is known for being one of the only Westerners in Russia's Ministry of Foreign Affairs.[1][2][3][4][5][6][7][9][10][11] According to Foreign Policy, Ehrlich is embedded at the highest level of Moscow's national-security brain trust.[12]

If one has any idea what that means they would realize that Mr. Ehrlich is at the highest level of being a Russian disinformation operative. If one reads any of his works and knew ANYTHING about Russian disinformation campaigns, one would realize that he negotiates on behalf of Russia through his political appearances and writings as an "expert on Russia."

Tucker DOES agree with Jeffrey Ehrlich on Ukraine and this issue. And Carlson has made several derogatory remarks about Ukraine including statements asking what's wrong if he [Tucker] is on Russia's side. Very psychological with Ehrich's photo header being one with Tucker on his show. Russia/Kremlin/RT News/Sputnik/Tass has been capturing the right, especially the patriotic right, for at least 15 years.

Visit Ehrich's Twitter account to read the latest "news" about Russia and Ukraine here.

Yea I think it's interesting to see there sides mentality
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:37:24 AM EDT
[#10]
US Principal Deputy National Security Advisor just labeled the Russian actions an “invasion” and said more US sanctions will be coming in an interview.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:37:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By TallyGator:

Potentially, but I’m not sure anyone in the world wants to join Russia in recognizing the provinces as not being part of Ukraine, and there would be a whole lot of handwringing about Russia viewing the extension of NATO membership to Ukraine as provocation.
View Quote

At this point I'm not sure provoking Russia should be a concern anymore.

They've already invaded, and even if it stops here they've made their intentions known and will simply push further in next time.

The end game is total domination of Ukraine Belarus-style.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:38:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Cincinnatus:

And now all those “independent” countries are a part of the United States!

Wait…no.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By batjka104:
I hate to draw parallels, but does anyone remember the little Kosovo war that Nato fought? Started with an independence movement, then a rebellion. Then, NATO forces bombed the crap out of Yugoslavia. Then, independent Republic of Kosovo was declared. Then, it was recognized by the warring countries and occupied by the peacekeepers. Sounds familiar?

Not defending Putin, he's a scumbag and a thief. But a precedent for this action was set a long time ago.

And now all those “independent” countries are a part of the United States!

Wait…no.

I'm still tryng to understand how NATO is still balls deep in Kosova 22 years after I left. Bondsteel went from tents to B-Huts in 100 days.

[youtube]YVPssfux-co?t=111[/youtube]

KFOR | Keeping the peace in Kosovo????

Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:39:34 AM EDT
[#13]
My vote in the poll was obviously wishful thinking. I must admit I have been wrong this entire time about the enemy's intention. Apologies to those who know what they're talking about.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:41:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RolandofGilead] [#14]
Russian TV/media is telling Russian people that the poor people in the contested zone need Russia's help....this is strictly a peace keeping force. Also, Russian people should be prepared to give up their 13rd paycheck (and the government knows they would LOVE to do so) to help those people.

Many see it for the bullshit it is, but obviously some are buying off on it.

(Russian people get a 13th paycheck every year as sort of a bonus or something...not sure how to describe it).

ETA
Sorry if it's been discussed already, this thread moves fast.

I'm thinking this MAY have been his intention all along, and the threat of invasion was to make this "small" grab more palatable to the world. But who knows, he's obviously in a great position to invade the rest of Ukraine if he wants to.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:41:25 AM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

It's weird how that would make someone uncomfortable on a freedom-loving site like Arfcom, isn't it?
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:42:27 AM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes

Is it not possible for Ukraine to cede the regions Russia is taking and then join NATO as part of that deal? Officially recognize them as lost and try and defend what is left if (hahahaha) Russia were to push forward further?

FWIW i think this is a bad course of action, but thinking of the possibilities.

The rest of the world recognizing those regions would be predicated on an agreeement about Ukrain joining NATO. The logic (or lack thereof) would be to cut your losses and reinforce the rest.

Russia wanted a buffer, they have their buffer in the new Republics they just recognized. Problem with buffers is once you control the buffer state you get to complain theres no longer a buffer.

And the idea that Ukraine is going provoke anything from Russia is getting old. You dont have to provoke a bully to hit you, theyre gonna do it anyway. Sometimes its best to be decisive and commit to action.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:43:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:
Russian TV/media is telling Russian people that the poor people in the contested zone need Russia's help....this is strictly a peace keeping force. Also, Russian people should be prepared to give up their 13rd paycheck (and the government knows they would LOVE to do so) to help those people.

(Russian people get a 13th paycheck every year as sort of a bonus or something...not sure how to describe it).

ETA

I'm thinking this MAY have been his intention all along, and the threat of invasion was to make this "small" grab more palatable to the world. But who knows, he's obviously in a great position to invade the rest of Ukraine if he wants to.
View Quote

Lol so putin wants his citizens to pay for his war
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:44:39 AM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

They always do
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:45:21 AM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

ETA

Well, they do one way or the other anyway....he's just now trying to take even more from his own people that are already scraping by.

The Ruble took a big hit yesterday too. Was 74/1 to the dollar, now almost 80/1.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:45:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Flashback

Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:49:41 AM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

"What, these guys? Naahhhh, it's just some guys that came over last night for a few drinks. We heard about a party down the block and decided to check it out. No big deal, totally spontaneous. Really. Would I lie to you?"
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:50:28 AM EDT
[#22]
US Principal Deputy National Security Advisor just labeled the Russian actions an “invasion” and said more US sanctions will be coming in an interview.
View Quote

Are sanctions...imminent?
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:51:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:51:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Germany freezes Nord Stream 2 gas project as Ukraine crisis deepens

BERLIN, Feb 22 (Reuters) - Germany on Tuesday halted the Nord Stream 2 Baltic Sea gas pipeline project, designed to double the flow of Russian gas direct to Germany, after Russia formally recognised two breakaway regions in eastern Ukraine.

Europe's most divisive energy project, worth $11 billion, was finished in September, but has stood idle pending certification by Germany and the European Union.

The pipeline had been set to ease the pressure on European consumers facing record energy prices amid a wider post-pandemic cost of living crisis, and on governments that have already forked out billions to try to cushion the impact on consumers.

But on Tuesday the European benchmark gas price, currently the Dutch March contract , was up 10% to 79.28 euros per megawatt hour (MWh) at 1416 GMT, much like the price for the fourth quarter , when Nord Stream 2 had been expected to start.

Dmitry Medvedev, Russia's former president and now deputy chairman of its Security Council, tried to rub salt in that wound.

"Welcome to the new world where Europeans will soon have to pay 2,000 euros per thousand cubic metres!" he tweeted - suggesting prices were set to double.

President Vladimir Putin did pledge, however, that Russia would not interrupt any of its existing gas supplies. read more

Germany gets half its gas from Russia and had argued that Nord Stream 2 was primarily a commercial project to diversify energy supplies for Europe.

But despite the potential benefits, the pipeline had faced opposition within the European Union and from the United States on the grounds that it would increase Europe's energy dependence on Russia as well as denying transit fees to Ukraine, host to another Russian gas pipeline, and making it more vulnerable to Russian invasion.

"This a huge change for German foreign policy with massive implications for energy security and Berlin's broader position towards Moscow," said Marcel Dirsus, non-resident fellow at Kiel University's Institute for Security Policy.

"It suggests that Germany is actually serious about imposing tough costs on Russia."

Continued
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:51:43 AM EDT
[#25]
And the idea that Ukraine is going provoke anything from Russia is getting old. You dont have to provoke a bully to hit you, theyre gonna do it anyway. Sometimes its best to be decisive and commit to action.
View Quote

I don’t disagree, but you’ll hear it from most of Europe.  

The bigger thing I think you have to think through is whether Putin would try to call the bluff - it’s not hard to envision a speech about “the corrupt, illegitimate government in Kyiv trying to give Ukraine’s sovereignty away to western foreign powers, we must liberate our brothers.”  If that happens, are we ready to go actual hot war with Russia to defend Ukraine?  If we don’t he just made NATO meaningless because we proved we won’t follow through on the mutual defense obligations.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:51:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Flashback

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjpGfjzheeo
View Quote

Thanks for that, its good thing he's out and Putin has been contained with Antony Blinken brilliant strategies.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:52:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Jackal-FnM:

What round for invading Russian soldiers?
View Quote

Whatever puts em down!
Hope they make good use of the javlins and nlaws.
I read somewhere that they have 1000s of pm1910s. Iirc those will run pkm belts and since they are watercooled they can rain hurt as long as ammo and water are supplied
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:52:28 AM EDT
[#28]

It's a miracle
View Quote
imagine how many they could move if they had a plan!
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:53:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By winddummy82:
imagine how many they could move if they had a plan!
View Quote

I’m thinking we’re gonna see just that very soon.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:54:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Smokey0844:
Putin requests use of troops abroad
View Quote

Abroad could mean, say: the contested areas, the remainder of Ukraine, Cuba, Venezuela...
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:55:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SoCalExile] [#31]
Originally Posted By feetpiece:

I'm still tryng to understand how NATO is still balls deep in Kosova 22 years after I left. Bondsteel went from tents to B-Huts in 100 days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVPssfux-co?t=111

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmi25MvNz2U

View Quote
Funny story about that.

We were doing our RIP tour with the 505 PIR when we took over in the fall of '99. They were driving us around and explaining things. Lo and behold we enter a town with the word "FUCK" (with the little squiggle under the C that Arfcom won't post) on every wall of every building. So I asked the sergeant from the unit and he told us that the joes told the local kids that it meant KFOR + UK and thus signifies friendship.

UCK, or "oo chee kuh" is/was the native abbreviation for the Kosovo Liberation Army, which was funded by Al Qaeda in order to ease the movement of opium to western Europe for the heroin trade.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:56:31 AM EDT
[#32]

I don’t disagree, but you’ll hear it from most of Europe.  

The bigger thing I think you have to think through is whether Putin would try to call the bluff - it’s not hard to envision a speech about “the corrupt, illegitimate government in Kyiv trying to give Ukraine’s sovereignty away to western foreign powers, we must liberate our brothers.”  If that happens, are we ready to go actual hot war with Russia to defend Ukraine?  If we don’t he just made NATO meaningless because we proved we won’t follow through on the mutual defense obligations.
View Quote

What defense treaties does Nato have with Ukraine?
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:56:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By m24shooter:

Abroad could mean, say: the contested areas, the remainder of Ukraine, Cuba, Venezuela...
View Quote

Contested areas should be covered under the “friendship” agreement already signed.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:57:30 AM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

What's that stupid son of a bitch suggesting now? Putting forces into Cuba or Venezuela?
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:57:35 AM EDT
[#35]

It's weird how that would make someone uncomfortable on a freedom-loving site like Arfcom, isn't it?
View All Quotes

One would think but...

Attachment Attached File

(I really had no idea I'd still be getting mileage out of this one so long after it. )
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:58:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By GlockZen:

Thanks for that, its good thing he's out and Putin has been contained with Antony Blinken brilliant strategies.
View Quote

John McCain: Blinken "has actually been dangerous to America"

John McCain: Blinken "has actually been dangerous to America"
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:58:59 AM EDT
[#37]
What's the odds of this turning into a much larger regional conflict or world war scenario now?

Assuming since the Baltic states are part of NATO, that they are not being brought back into the field, especially with Kaliningrad not connected.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:00:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Smokey0844] [#38]
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:

What's that stupid son of a bitch suggesting now? Putting forces into Cuba or Venezuela?
View Quote

RUSSIAN SENIOR LAWMAKER KLISHAS TELLS UPPER HOUSE OF PARLIAMENT PUTIN WILL DECIDE ON NUMBER OF TROOPS, TIMING, THEIR TASKS IF THE REQUEST IS APPROVED

Not yelling just copying text

SENIOR RUSSIAN LAWMAKER KOSACHYOV SAYS PROPOSED DEPLOYMENT OF RUSSIAN FORCES TO DONBASS IS DESIGNED SOLELY TO AVOID A BIG WAR OF THE KIND THAT THE U.S. AND UKRAINE APPEAR TO WANT
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:01:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Yor:

What defense treaties does Nato have with Ukraine?
View Quote

This was in the context of potentially admitting what’s left of Ukraine to NATO.  If that happened we would have Article 5 of the North Atlantic Treaty.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:01:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

Just got off the phone with my old man. Same exact words. Mass casualties for every cm of Ukrainian soil. Make this Afghanistan 2.0.
View Quote

Every boy you send home in a bag brings putin one step closer to his ipatiev ending
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:02:01 PM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

Sounds about right.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:02:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Third_Rail] [#42]

View All Quotes

Pinned Tweet
Clint Ehrlich
@ClintEhrlich
·

Clint Ehrlich
@ClintEhrlich
·
5h

Quote Tweet
Evelyn Farkas
@EvelynNFarkas
· 15h
Show this thread
Clint Ehrlich
@ClintEhrlich
·
6h

Clint Ehrlich
@ClintEhrlich
·

7h

Clint Ehrlich
@ClintEhrlich

Absolutely.

BerettaGuy: I think you're doing a great job with it. Ignore the naysayers.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:05:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:06:13 PM EDT
[#44]

It’s a miracle
View All Quotes
Russia 'has moved 10,000 troops into contested areas in 12 hours', Ukraine military sources claim: White House calls troop movement an invasion and Kremlin warns it recognizes some Ukrainian-held areas as 'independent regions'

Thousands of Russian troops are already in Ukraine, military sources have warned Tuesday, just hours after Vladimir Putin gave the order for his forces to cross the border amid fears he is about to launch a land-grab in the country's east.

It comes as a White House official declared the Russian military's movement to be an 'invasion' after Russia' strongman leader recognized the areas of Donetsk and Luhansk as independent regions -- including portions still under the Ukrainian government's control.

More than 10,000 soldiers entered separatist-occupied areas overnight, a source with links to Ukrainian military intelligence told MailOnline, with 6,000 sent to Donetsk, 5,000 to Luhansk and 1,500 to the city of Horlivka. 'It is difficult to believe [Putin] could have moved that quickly - but he had a long time to prepare,' the source said.

It came off the back of videos which showed a column of vehicles rolling through Donetsk in the early hours, including tanks, armored troop carriers and trucks. Insignia were not visible, but there was little doubt they were Russian forces deployed on Putin's orders. Russia officially denied sending any troops, saying a decision on deploying will be made in response to 'threats'.

The Biden administration took a verbal hard line against Putin on Tuesday, with White House Principal Deputy National Security Adviser Jon Finer telling CNN in an interview: 'An invasion is an invasion and that is what is under way.'

'This is, yes, the beginning of an invasion, Russia's latest invasion into Ukraine, and you're already seeing the beginning of our response which we said will be swift and severe,' Finer said.

Meanwhile Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said Putin's order to recognize Donetsk and Luhansk as independent stretches to the entire provinces - not just the areas currently occupied by rebels - raising the prospect he is about to launch a land-grab and spark direct confrontation with Ukrainian troops dug into trenches there.

As Russia's troops rolled in, fighting in the region escalated - with shells striking a power plant on the Ukrainian side of the line Tuesday morning after explosions killed two of Kiev's men and wounded 12 overnight.  

President Joe Biden ordered new sanctions after calling Putin's announcement a 'blatant violation of Russia's international commitments'. The sanctions will prohibit new investment, trade and financing in the two separatist regions of Ukraine recognized by Putin.  

The absence of sanctions directly on Russia or Putin was immediately met with backlash from those who said the Biden administration isn't doing enough in response to the latest Russian movements and announcements.

Rep. Michael McCaul of Texas, the top Republican on the House Foreign Relations Committee, blasted Biden's sanctions as 'impotent.'

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/02/22/14/54500199-10539225-Russian_artillery_pieces_are_pictured_in_Rostov_on_Don_on_the_Ru-a-80_1645541018561.jpg

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/02/22/14/54500785-10539225-Russian_mobile_artillery_and_armoured_troop_carriers_are_seen_in-a-79_1645541018558.jpg

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/02/22/14/54500207-10539225-Russian_troops_are_seen_as_armoured_vehicles_manoeuvre_in_muddy_-a-81_1645541018562.jpg

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/02/22/14/54490421-10539225-A_tank_drives_along_a_street_after_Russian_President_Vladimir_Pu-a-83_1645541018645.jpg

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/02/22/14/54490419-10539225-A_tank_believed_to_be_Russian_is_spotted_on_a_street_near_the_ci-a-84_1645541018647.jpg

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/02/22/14/54490417-10539225-Military_vehicles_drive_along_a_street_after_Russian_President_V-a-85_1645541018668.jpg

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/02/22/14/54490415-10539225-A_military_truck_drives_along_a_street_after_Russian_President_V-a-86_1645541018669.jpg

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/02/22/14/54497621-10539225-image-a-88_1645541018739.jpg

Video

Video 2

It’s a miracle

Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:06:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Smokey0844] [#45]
"We must protect the inhabitants of these young states, many of them, hundreds of thousands, are citizens of the Russian Federation" - Pankov

That really doesn’t sound good.

Young states could mean any or all of the old USSR members.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:06:23 PM EDT
[#46]

RUSSIAN SENIOR LAWMAKER KLISHAS TELLS UPPER HOUSE OF PARLIAMENT PUTIN WILL DECIDE ON NUMBER OF TROOPS, TIMING, THEIR TASKS IF THE REQUEST IS APPROVED

Not yelling just copying text

SENIOR RUSSIAN LAWMAKER KOSACHYOV SAYS PROPOSED DEPLOYMENT OF RUSSIAN FORCES TO DONBASS IS DESIGNED SOLELY TO AVOID A BIG WAR OF THE KIND THAT THE U.S. AND UKRAINE APPEAR TO WANT
View Quote

Oh good. Glorious leader will save us from ourselves.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:09:36 PM EDT
[#47]
BREAKING: #RUSSIA'S UPPER HOUSE OF PARLIAMENT VOTES IN FAVOUR OF GIVING PUTIN FORMAL AUTHORITY TO DEPLOY RUSSIA'S ARMED FORCES ABROAD

Fuck
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:10:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Third_Rail:

Absolutely.

BerettaGuy: I think you're doing a great job with it. Ignore the naysayers.
View Quote

Thank you! And thanks to all who hate Russian propaganda!
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:11:00 PM EDT
[#49]
CNN Confronts Biden Advisor On Continued Mixed Messaging From Biden on Ukraine

CNN Confronts Biden Advisor On Continued Mixed Messaging From Biden on Ukraine
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:12:58 PM EDT
[#50]

Russians are correct. Just go here (or search their names with the word Ukraine) for the latest headlines about Ukraine and you will see how many conservative-patriotic Americans are eating their bullshit and asking for more: InfoWars.com, TruNews.com, BeforeItsNews.com, WhatReallyHappened.com, Paul Craig Roberts, Paul Joseph Watson, ZeroHedge.com, Hal Turner, https://twitter.com/clintehrlich , SteveQuayle.com, The Burning Platform, Jeff Rense, and many others. Yep, their audiences are pretty much hook, line, and sinker for all things pro-Putin.
View All Quotes
What Russia is doing is clunky and awkward and obvious -like everything Russia does.

They cloak it all in lies, and people will call it maskirovka, even though we all see it.

A National culture that is born from fetal-alcohol syndrome will never be impressive.

it is amazing how dumb the Russians think the rest of the world is, for them to actually pull the crap they are doing and label it all something that its obviously not is pretty ignorant. so yea i agree! lol

Russians are correct. Just go here (or search their names with the word Ukraine) for the latest headlines about Ukraine and you will see how many conservative-patriotic Americans are eating their bullshit and asking for more: InfoWars.com, TruNews.com, BeforeItsNews.com, WhatReallyHappened.com, Paul Craig Roberts, Paul Joseph Watson, ZeroHedge.com, Hal Turner, https://twitter.com/clintehrlich , SteveQuayle.com, The Burning Platform, Jeff Rense, and many others. Yep, their audiences are pretty much hook, line, and sinker for all things pro-Putin.

Originally Posted By whollyshite:
What Russia is doing is clunky and awkward and obvious -like everything Russia does.

They cloak it all in lies, and people will call it maskirovka, even though we all see it.

A National culture that is born from fetal-alcohol syndrome will never be impressive.

it is amazing how dumb the Russians think the rest of the world is, for them to actually pull the crap they are doing and label it all something that its obviously not is pretty ignorant. so yea i agree! lol

Back that up.  What has Paul Joseph Watson or Alex Jones said about Ukraine that is pro-Putin.

If you look at Paul Joseph Watson’s Tweets, they are comical regurgitation of Russian propaganda, and more important, he parrots those very same points that all the “Join Date, Post Count” folks that show up here seem to love.

Like what?  

I went to his twitter feed and the first thing I noticed was the comparatively small amount of posts on Ukraine versus Canada or covid.  Those seem to be more important to him.  I don't disagree with that at all.  What's happening in Canada has , at a minimum, as much impact as a Russian invasion of Ukraine to America, if not more.  That's our back yard, and may be spilling into the US.

I did see multiple posts going after the US and European admins for drumming up missed invasion times, and hypocrisy with Libya and other countries.  None of that is false.

You're gonna have to show me the "Russian propaganda" that he's been saying, because I'm not seeing it.  Calling out our leadership for gaslighting and misdirection is not Russian propaganda.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5590
Top Top