Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 20
Posted: 12/31/2021 12:37:59 AM EDT
Probably more of an acquaintance, than friend.   Guy gets a shitty late Christmas present this year from his "spouse."  Despite having kids and being together for years and they all appear happy by all outward appearances, she informs him she's  not happy anymore and wants to separate.

Apparently no warning signs,  no requests for counseling or help, just I love you, but f you I'm leaving.  Poor dude is destroyed by the news and wonders what the hell he did wrong.

I guess my question is, who the hell does this type of thing to another person? Shit I've put my wife through hell and back and she has stayed with me and worked through things.  And I get frustrated with my wife because she don't like the same things I like, which are usually spending long periods of time in the woods and travel, but she gives me my space to do it.

Not sure I have the heart to say it, but when a woman nopes out of the relationship because she's unhappy, there's usually a side piece waiting to step in.  Six months and she'll be with her new Prince charming.

Yeah,  not my dog, not my fight, but bullshit like this makes me wonder what's wrong with some people.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 12:40:59 AM EDT
[#1]
She probably fucking someone else
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 12:42:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Not sure I have the heart to say it, but when a woman nopes out of the relationship because she's unhappy, there's usually a side piece waiting to step in that's been pounding her.  Six months ago and she'll be she hooked up with her new Prince charming.

View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 12:42:49 AM EDT
[#3]
fpni
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 12:43:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 12:43:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Agree. He should do the same.
Everyone needs to get it through their heads that the Disney version of love we were sold is a bunch of horseshit. If you're not doing it for her any more, or if someone else is doing it better, she'll walk. But, conversely, everyone is replaceable.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 12:44:09 AM EDT
[#6]
I've heard this song so many times it's not even news anymore.

Not to make light of it, but super common.

Not a side piece, just a really common thing.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 12:44:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. She has an exit plan lined up. He needs to plan on being single.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 12:44:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Yep, she already has a side piece. Poor guy!
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 12:45:39 AM EDT
[#9]
That monkey had it's hand on the next branch before it let go of this one.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 12:45:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Human relationships are more complicated than designing nuclear weapons.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 12:46:53 AM EDT
[#11]
selfish bitch.. Poor dude, hopefully some young hottie is hanging on his arms next time the bitch sees him
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 12:46:56 AM EDT
[#12]
That first post again...
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 12:48:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Where she went when she left will be very telling.

Only real question is Male or Female.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 12:48:59 AM EDT
[#14]
A person that would pull that shit isn't even worth knowing much less being married to,   she did him a favor.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 12:48:59 AM EDT
[#15]
He has been getting sloppy seconds for a while.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 12:49:51 AM EDT
[#16]
In before the usual "he's a man so it's his fault regardless" crowd.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 12:49:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Women are like Monkeys, they dont let go of one branch without a firm grasp on another
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 12:50:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Yep, she already has a side piece. Poor guy!
View Quote

Yeah, it's the oldest play in the book.  Blame mediocrity in a marriage.  "We got married too young."   Sounds better than a confession to an affair or moving in with a new dude within a few months.

Feel for the guy too, don't really know him all that well, but he got hit with a bolt out of the blue for sure.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 12:50:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Six months and she'll be with her new Prince charming.

View Quote

On the bright side this works both ways.  Dude is getting a second chance to find someone younger and better.

Link Posted: 12/31/2021 12:51:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Honestly it's the best thing that can happen to him. His wife has the balls to eject, so many people stay in broken relationships and waste their life. Honestly if my wife said she was leaving me tomorrow and we could agree on a reasonable custody arrangement it would make me very happy.

he can take time to get in shape (if he's not already) and find someone else, or not, because nothing wrong with being alone.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 12:52:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Women are like Monkeys, they dont let go of one branch without a firm grasp on another
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/31/2021 12:52:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Did she get rump pellets?
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 12:53:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Got bored one day, started chatting with an old flame on Facebook, decided she needed a little "me" time, and off to leave the kids at home to take a well deserved whorecation. . .

Many such cases
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 12:54:21 AM EDT
[#24]
This story sounds like the friend is actually you?
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 12:55:46 AM EDT
[#25]
MGTOW

Welcome = )
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 12:56:15 AM EDT
[#26]
It’s hard for younger guys to roll the dice knowing this is somewhat common.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 12:56:19 AM EDT
[#27]
When a woman decides it’s over it’s usually a long process that she agonized over and once she finally reveals her decision nothing can be done
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 12:56:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

FIFY
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure I have the heart to say it, but when a woman nopes out of the relationship because she's unhappy, there's usually a side piece waiting to step in that's been pounding her.  Six months ago and she'll be she hooked up with her new Prince charming.

FIFY

Perfect
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 12:56:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Could be getting the D from someone else. Could have manned up and said she was done, some people realize life is too short. I spent 13 years in a marriage that was spit polished on the outside. We were the couple that people looked up to. In reality, we were at best, friends just working the everything grind. Slept in seperate bedrooms for over 5 years. We both had an idea that sooner or later it would work out. Every marriage has highs and lows. After 13 years I had enough of a nothing relationship. I packed my shit and split. 4 months later a friend showed me her Facebook profile. She had a Karin cut and went lesbian. That answered a lot of questions. She is a great person. Just not  right for me. Just wish she could have been honest with me so that I did not loose nearly a decade of my life.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 12:56:48 AM EDT
[#30]
She has either gotten some new lined up, or its been lined up and she has already been straddling it...ironically, once it finally comes out in the open, the guy will be a fucking pos who in the end will do the same thing again with someone else to her..the only sad thing is the court will give her most of the wealth and the children and she will screw them all up in her rush to prove her pussy still draws crowds...
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 12:58:27 AM EDT
[#31]
No warning signs?  Doubt that.

Still sucks though.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 12:58:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
This story sounds like the friend is actually you?
View Quote

Nope, not at all.  Like I said,  not my fight, but damn, stuff like this pisses me off.

You can also read in my second paragraph that both me and wife can annoy the F out of each other, but we make it work. Somehow.

How you got this as a doppleganger type of post, I'm not sure.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 12:58:38 AM EDT
[#33]
She has a new dude lined up. I can guarantee that she'll be dating a new man within 1 - 2 months "OFFICIALLY".

If he really wants to know who she's fucking, tell him to download he text logs and call logs, call the cellphone service provider.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 12:58:55 AM EDT
[#34]
She found someone else.

Link Posted: 12/31/2021 12:59:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

On the bright side this works both ways.  Dude is getting a second chance to find someone younger and better.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia4.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2Fl0ErFafpUCQTQFMSk%2Fgiphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Six months and she'll be with her new Prince charming.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia4.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2Fl0ErFafpUCQTQFMSk%2Fgiphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Except the court system will jam child support and alimony so far up his ass he'll be renting in a trailer park. Unless there were black eyes, fuck her.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 12:59:36 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

That first post thing.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 1:02:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Not buying it that there were no warning signs.  If he’s just an acquaintance then what’s the odds that he’s told you the whole story?
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 1:02:59 AM EDT
[#38]
There’s something wrong with all people, but that has little to do with it.  You have no way of knowing what is going on inside someone else’s relationship, even if they are your close friends.  Don’t insert yourself into other people’s lives.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 1:03:09 AM EDT
[#39]
Mine was on Thanksgiving after I got home from work.

She was on drugs.

Link Posted: 12/31/2021 1:04:33 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
When a woman decides it’s over it’s usually a long process that she agonized over and once she finally reveals her decision nothing can be done
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 1:04:36 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Except the court system will jam child support and alimony so far up his ass he'll be renting in a trailer park. Unless there were black eyes, fuck her.
View Quote

Exactly.  He gets shit on, likely been cucked the past few months, and now will be paying child support in a few months while she find her happiness on a new D.  

I've decided if my wife ever leaves or departs this Earth long before me, F getting married again. Shit like this is more common these days. I'll move to a small house and spend my remaining days as a single guy.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 1:05:23 AM EDT
[#42]
She already had someone else to go to. My first left and reduced me to a blubbering drunk until I realized she was not coming back. I crawled out of the bottle and had the time of my life until I met #2, she settled me back down, kept me out of prison. Often refer to the first as my practice wife. Been with second for 30 years now. If she left, I would be sad, a little while, then on to whatever else I could find to get into. It does happen all the time, with men and women. #1 has been married 4 times, so I guess it was not me, nor do I care. Live on, our time here is too short to cry over.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 1:07:29 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Not buying it that there were no warning signs.  If he’s just an acquaintance then what’s the odds that he’s told you the whole story?
View Quote

I'm sure I don't know the entire story. But I have heard this type of story more than once. One of my best friends had something similar happen to him 20 years ago. Wife came home one day and dropped the bomb on him.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 1:08:21 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Don't see any other option.

women/monkey/branch
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 1:08:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ab So Lootly

Get a DNA test on the kids.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 1:10:45 AM EDT
[#46]
This sounds fucked up because I am married but I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone. So far I have been lucky for twenty years but things don’t turn out well for the majority of people.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 1:11:38 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/31/2021 1:12:02 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Ab So Lootly

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ab So Lootly

This
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 1:12:04 AM EDT
[#49]
I have seen this a few times.  My spouse did that with her first husband.  Well, she served him papers, and he was "blindsided by them".   Bullshit, she was in a loveless marriage for the last 10 of the 17 years she was married, and the dude was fucking blind, all the signs were there.  I was a co-worker and friend for years before they got a divorce, and listened to her cry about it with the other female coworkers for years.  (For those who even think it, no, I was dating another girl or girls at the time, she was not on the radar at all until 6 months later)

So your friend may have said it was out of the blue, but maybe, just maybe, she was tired of not getting any return, whether it be love, affection, help around the house, whatever the catalyst was.  Listen to your spouses, people, you need to invest in the relationship.   I am married 30 years this May, and while I fuck stuff up, we are very happy.  

Link Posted: 12/31/2021 1:12:45 AM EDT
[#50]
FPNI

Monkey, tree, etc.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 20
Top Top