User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/29/2021 2:52:05 PM EDT
“Stubby AR reload assist”

Instagram
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 2:54:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Strike Industries seems to be one of the corniest manufacturers out there IMO.

They do make some good innovations though with some products. They at least think outside the box.

This is not one of them.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 2:55:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 2:56:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Strike Industries seems to be one of the corniest manufacturers out there.
View Quote

Strike Industries meet FAB defense
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 2:56:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Weak
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 2:58:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Do they even make it in blue or red?  
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 2:58:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Doesn't interfere with my BAD Lever...NICE!!
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 3:08:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Strike Industries meet FAB defense
View Quote

I have a Mako Grip on an SLR106UR. It is my favorite grip by far.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 3:13:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Meh, I can see where some folks might like something like that; some folks like flared mag wells on their ARs too.  I'm sure for $13 (price on their website) someone here will try it but it won't be me.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 3:17:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Eating our own, like only GD can do.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 3:17:19 PM EDT
[#10]
That actually doesn't seem like a bad idea for an upgrade.

I miss their old logo though.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 3:20:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 3:20:52 PM EDT
[#12]
I have some cool things from Strike Industries, but this won’t be one of them.    Still, I applaud the effort.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 3:23:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
That actually doesn't seem like a bad idea for an upgrade.

I miss their old logo though.
View Quote

Seems it would be harder to line up with than just inserting the mag in the well?
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 3:25:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Wow, people actually buy shit from strike?
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 3:25:07 PM EDT
[#15]
I honestly don’t get it. What’s the benefit here? Just lengthens the back side of the mag well?
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 3:25:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I honestly don’t get it. What’s the benefit here? Just lengthens the back side of the mag well?
View Quote

Yes?
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 3:28:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 3:28:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 3:29:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Strike makes a fantastic suppressor-height sight set for Glocks and P320s.  Greay BUIS option for dotted guns.

Link Posted: 9/29/2021 3:30:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/29/2021 3:31:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

The funny thing is that if they're trying to mimic the ability to rock mags in like an AK or FAL, it's completely backwards.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 3:31:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Not all (or even most) of their products are home runs, but they're more adventurous than 99% of other accessory manufacturers and have no qualms about trying silly ideas.

I like them just for that fact even though I only have a few things from them.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 3:35:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Install without tools = falls off without tools
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 3:36:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Their pistol brace is cool in my book. They even have an MPX CQB version I like too. Their cobra grip is ok too.

I'm not sure about most of the other stuff though. I have little experience with there other stuff, but I get "HERA feels" from most of it... And I've never digged red or blue on my guns unless they are training aids or a tricked out racegun.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 3:36:53 PM EDT
[#25]
A trigger guard that doesn't need to be roll punched in sounds pretty cool.  That other deal kind of unnoticeable?  Dumb?
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 3:37:04 PM EDT
[#26]
They're hit or miss. From what I can tell they offer certain products with no real competition.

As an example - the no-machining "scorpion" reflex mount for Glocks. $50 and it'll mount just about any RDS solidly.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 3:37:30 PM EDT
[#27]
What the fuck am I even looking at
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 3:39:06 PM EDT
[#28]
At least they are trying to innovate.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 3:40:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Gay!!
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 3:44:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
A trigger guard that doesn't need to be roll punched in sounds pretty cool.  That other deal kind of unnoticeable?  Dumb?
View Quote

It still needs a roll pin. They just didn't bother installing it for the demo.

It's also easy to modify a trigger guard to use screws rather than a roll pin, if that's what you're after.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 3:45:56 PM EDT
[#31]
If Taiwan gets taken strike industries won’t exist.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 3:49:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
If Taiwan gets taken strike industries won’t exist.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 3:50:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

It's also easy to modify a trigger guard to use screws rather than a roll pin, if that's what you're after.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Been a minute since I installed a Magpul trigger guard, but I don't recall having to modify anything to use the included set-screw.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 3:51:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Did they get bought out by Tapco recently?  
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 3:53:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Install without tools = falls off without tools
View Quote
Yup my M4 stock falls off all the time.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 3:54:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Is all their stuff still made proudly in Taiwan?
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 3:59:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Wow, people actually buy shit from strike?
View Quote
I actually like their charging handles and own a few
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 4:00:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Yes?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I honestly don't get it. What's the benefit here? Just lengthens the back side of the mag well?

Yes?
Until I saw this comment I just thought we were talking about the bolt release.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 4:00:58 PM EDT
[#39]
I don't have anything from them in red or dark blue or light blue (have you seen their special light blue color with Optics Planet?)
But I do have a lot of their charging handles in FDE and black since they are 7075 and NOT painted.  They are a solid deal.

One thing I will say about a lot of their rail stuff that is really cool is that it fits both MLOK (two directions) and Dickmod Keymod (one direction) rails.

I have a couple of their angled QD mounts as well.  They seem fine.

It is hit or miss with them.  I've been meaning to try out their 7075 buffer tubes.  They are not made in the USA, but they are also not made in China.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 4:03:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Been a minute since I installed a Magpul trigger guard, but I don't recall having to modify anything to use the included set-screw.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not talking about the front set screw, I'm talking about using bushings and screws instead of the rear roll pin.

Here’s an example: (Not my photo)

You drill out the roll pin hole to accept pressed in threaded bushings, and then install with screws.

I did this on my 9mm lower, as the front part of the receiver where the trigger guard goes was drilled through on both sides, and I couldn't leave an empty hole there...
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 4:05:19 PM EDT
[#41]
In this thread: lots of dudes who have never reloaded in the dark by feel.

Link Posted: 9/29/2021 4:05:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I don't have anything from them in red or dark blue or light blue (have you seen their special light blue color with Optics Planet?)
But I do have a lot of their charging handles in FDE and black since they are 7075 and NOT painted.  They are a solid deal.
https://op1.0ps.us/978-550-ffffff-no-upscale/opplanet-strike-industries-opticsplanet-exclusive-ar-15-handle-vids.jpg

One thing I will say about a lot of their rail stuff that is really cool is that it fits both MLOK (two directions) and Dickmod Keymod (one direction) rails.

https://op1.0ps.us/978-550-ffffff-no-upscale/opplanet-strike-industries-link-curved-foregrip-mcimage-spids-94567-94818-176588-94814-vids-new.jpg

I have a couple of their angled QD mounts as well.  They seem fine.
https://op2.0ps.us/978-550-ffffff-no-upscale/opplanet-strike-industries-link-angled-qd-mount-black-si-link-aqd-bk-main.jpg

It is hit or miss with them.  I've been meaning to try out their 7075 buffer tubes.  They are not made in the USA, but they are also not made in China.
View Quote

Their extended latch charging handles aren't bad, and I also like that they sell the extended latch separately. I installed one on the CMMG charging handle for my AR-22, and have been happy with it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 4:06:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Doesn’t seem that bad to me.

I like the way it installs easily. I guess it uses captured pins. In this day and age you’d think it would be common practice to use captured spring loaded pins to install and retain a trigger guard instead of roll pins or screws.

Strike industries does think outside the box and when they introduce something it becomes available and you don’t have to wait years to actually see it.
I don’t love everything they make but they do work hard.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 4:07:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
In this thread: lots of dudes who have never reloaded in the dark by feel.

View Quote

I fail to see how this is any different from simply finding the edge of the mag well.

Link Posted: 9/29/2021 4:09:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Doesn’t seem that bad to me.

I like the way it installs easily. I guess it uses captured pins. In this day and age you’d think it would be common practice to use captured spring loaded pins to install and retain a trigger guard instead of roll pins or screws.

Strike industries does think outside the box and when they introduce something it becomes available and you don’t have to wait years to actually see it.
I don’t love everything they make but they do work hard.
View Quote

Watch again.

It looks like it still uses a roll pin for installation, they just didn't bother installing it for the demo.

That's what it looked like to me.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 4:10:25 PM EDT
[#46]
I prefer timber creek outdoors for all of my rainbow colored AR accessories.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 4:10:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I'm not talking about the front set screw, I'm talking about using bushings and screws instead of the rear roll pin.

https://renegadearmsusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Trigger-Screw-Set-2-1024x479.jpg

You drill out the roll pin hole to accept pressed in threaded bushings, and then install with screws.

I did this on my 9mm lower, as the front part of the receiver where the trigger guard goes was drilled through on both sides, and I couldn't leave an empty hole there...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://renegadearmsusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Trigger-Screw-Set-2-1024x479.jpg

Is that the aluminum one? Because the polymer one is already set up to use a set-screw at each end.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 4:13:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Eating our own, like only GD can do.
View Quote

God forbid someone criticizes something
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 4:15:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 4:16:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Have to log in to watch again.  I think I missed how that’s useful
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top