Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/2/2021 12:36:03 PM EDT
28 over in a construction zone on the highway
He comes up on my window and asks me when I decided to put on my seatbelt...told him right when he pulled out.
He gave me a warning for the speed and a seatbelt ticket
First time in my life I've ever had a cop give me a break.....I feel lucky ,he could have impounded my truck and took me to jail.

I didn't learn my lesson though,I still speed on the highway and don't wear my seatbelt.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 12:42:28 PM EDT
[#1]
"MVC with occupant ejected through windshield. Severe lacerations." That's the description for a call we sent a helicopter to the other day. Good luck.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 12:42:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Kewl story brah.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 12:45:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe it’s a sign you should stop driving like an asshole.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 12:46:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
He comes up on my window and asks me when I decided to put on my seatbelt...told him right when he pulled out.
First time in my life I've ever had a cop give me a break.....I feel lucky ,he could have impounded my truck and took me to jail.

I didn't learn my lesson though,I still speed on the highway and don't wear my seatbelt.
View Quote

Dang. Good eye or just see if you would tell the truth?

I pretty much always get warnings. Except that one dick that said I was doing rolling burnouts in my Jetta. I said "It has 117HP brah, this engine couldn't break a balogna skin loose on pea gravel."

He didn't like that so much.

So I just got the 45 in a school zone ticket and went on with my life.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 12:47:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Maybe it's a sign you should stop driving like an asshole.
View Quote
No way,jose
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 12:47:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
"MVC with occupant ejected through windshield. Severe lacerations." That's the description for a call we sent a helicopter to the other day. Good luck.
View Quote

What the hell is an airbag for if you have to strap yourself down
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 12:48:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Kewl story brah.
View Quote

Keeps the forum moving.just doing my part.brosephous
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 12:49:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
his engine couldn't break a balogna skin loose on pea gravel."

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/2/2021 12:50:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

THIS IS ALL LIES!  YOU BOOT LICKING COP LOVER!  

That was the reaction I got a couple of months ago when I related my pull-over story that ended in a warning and a thank you.

I was actually pulled over again two weeks ago, this time for  running a stop sign in front of a state trooper.

I was really expecting a ticket as the guy was black and looked pretty pissed off.

Instead, I got a stern talking to.

However, like you, I WAS HONEST.  I didn't lie about it, I told him straight up "yes sir, I did it, you've got me dead to rights."

Instead of a "show me your license" I got "what were you thinking?"

My reply?  "I was probably thinking about this mulch."  (At that time I had the entire truck bed full of it and had just left Lowe's.  I put down the entire load that afternoon for a client),

He said "I know we all do it but you gotta stop."  I thanked him for "cutting me a break" and he walked back to his car.

I've stopped at every stop sign since.......well......at least when cars were coming.  
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 12:50:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Never once in my life gotten a warning on a traffic stop.

Lights come on, you are getting cited for something.

Have gotten a few window tint or no front plate tickets as a result of getting stopped for going well north of the posted limit though.

Cheaper to give them a loss leader to write then a speeding ticket.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 12:50:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Seatbelt laws are BS, but I wear mine not because I have to but because my uncle got ejected through the wing window on his car.

He was 6ft 5in and had huge shoulders like me and fit through a little wing window. He was going over 100mph, but it still stuck with me.

It's your life buddy, you live it how you see fit.

Glad you didn't get a ticket. Most speed limits are also BS, I said MOST for all the karens out there.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 12:50:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To propel your carcass in a different direction upon impact.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 12:52:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The initial impact, but you knew that.  Wear or do not wear, your choice it is- Yoda.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 12:52:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Seatbelt laws are BS, but I wear mine not because I have to but because my uncle got ejected through the wing window on his car.

He was 6ft 5in and had huge shoulders like me and fit through a little wing window. He was going over 100mph, but it still stuck with me.

It's your life buddy, you live it how you see fit.

Glad you didn't get a ticket. Most speed limits are also BS, I said MOST for all the karens out there.
View Quote

I don't have wing windows so I'm safe
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 12:52:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's supplemental to the seatbelt. The belt controls your movement within the cage, as opposed to going through a window, into a pillar, or bypassing an airbag... Or letting you project into the airbag sooner than the vehicle anticipates, so the airbag causes injury as it rapidly decelerates then accelerates your carcass the opposite way.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 12:52:50 PM EDT
[#16]
wear yer damn seatbelt! You're far too entertaining to have you go splat in a stupid traffic accident. Don't do it for yourself, do it for the sake of the high caliber of shitposting we've all come to expect and enjoy.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 12:54:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Annapolis, on base in the 80's, was the first time I was required to wear a seatbelt. I did so because I followed orders.
It quickly became a habit, and I've never understood why some people still don't.
No real downside, no actual inconvenience, potential upside.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 1:01:30 PM EDT
[#18]
If airbags were the be-all-end-all for safety, race cars would have them instead of that neat racing harness.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 1:02:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
If airbags were the be-all-end-all for safety, race cars would have them instead of that neat racing harness.
View Quote

If race cars had them there wouldn't be any risk and racing would be boring
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 1:04:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
wear yer damn seatbelt! You're far too entertaining to have you go splat in a stupid traffic accident. Don't do it for yourself, do it for the sake of the high caliber of shitposting we've all come to expect and enjoy.
View Quote

Such a sweetheart
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 1:13:23 PM EDT
[#21]
"I still speed on the highway and don't wear my seatbelt"

And you're proud of that?

I used to be in TV news and was really amazed by the unique ways people died in traffic accidents while not wearing seatbelts. In one instance a guy was ejected through the rear window, but the car bent in half, trapping him halfway out the window. Of course he was dead, but it made for some interesting visuals.

Congratulations on your Darwin Award nomination.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 1:16:00 PM EDT
[#22]
I was ejected in a barrel role once.

I wear my seat belts.

I will probably not get a third chance.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 1:19:59 PM EDT
[#23]
28 over in a construction zone sounds like asshole driving and the refusing to wear a seatbelt is just retarded.

Assuming you were in Arizona that could easily have ended in jail if the Trooper felt like baby-sitting you for the rest of his shift.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 1:21:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Not using safety gear is stupid. And airbags are designed to work with seatbelts. Without a seatbelt, you'll slide under the airbag and wind up crumpled into a ball of crushed and bleeding flesh on the floor.

But it's your life, live it or end it any way you please. As long as it doesn't adversely affect me, I don't care.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 1:23:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Seat belt laws are a fucking joke. School buses don't have them and school bus drivers drive crazy. Let's not even get into the fact that every Tom,Dick, and Harry is in their cells while driving.

Link Posted: 6/2/2021 1:23:58 PM EDT
[#26]
28 over, you were given a gift. Must not have been CSP.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 1:25:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 1:27:48 PM EDT
[#28]
I didn't wear a seat belt until I started working MVC's and saw what happened to people that weren't wearing one when their vehicle was involved in a crash.

Really nasty shit especially when they weren't killed outright and were just mangled all to hell and had a lifetime of misery ahead of them.

Link Posted: 6/2/2021 1:29:30 PM EDT
[#29]
My wife's cousin was going 100 mph on the highway and lost control. He was ejected from the car and hit a sign. His passenger was wearing a seatbelt and still lost a finger. Her cousin was in a coma for several weeks before he passed away. It was weird going to his funeral since I only started dating my wife for about 1 month. The surviving friend is still mess up to this day since he witnessed the whole thing.

I always wear a seatbelt, but this always stuck in my head.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 1:30:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Should have given you a ticket for being a dumbass. I get to work in those construction zones fairly often and they have speed limits for a reason. Yes, most speed limits are BS, not in this case.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 1:33:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 1:40:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Was the "construction zone" not active or do you just hate road workers?

I don't understand the no-seatbelt thing.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 1:47:21 PM EDT
[#33]
So what you’re saying is that seat belt and speeding laws aren’t preventing you from continuing to speed and not wear your seat belt? Clearly laws work.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 1:48:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
28 over and a warning is a pretty good deal
View Quote
I thought it was .
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 1:50:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Should have given you a ticket for being a dumbass. I get to work in those construction zones fairly often and they have speed limits for a reason. Yes, most speed limits are BS, not in this case.
View Quote
Very early in the morning.you guys weren't there yet to stand around doing nothing and wasting tax dollars
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 1:51:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Assuming you were in Arizona that could easily have ended in jail if the Trooper felt like baby-sitting you for the rest of his shift.
View Quote
Ya that's what I said in my op
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 1:52:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Was the "construction zone" not active or do you just hate road workers?

I don't understand the no-seatbelt thing.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

So, both.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 1:52:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
So what you're saying is that seat belt and speeding laws aren't preventing you from continuing to speed and not wear your seat belt? Clearly laws work.
View Quote

I'm not ruled by the laws of men
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 1:53:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 1:53:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Freeway construction in Phoenix has "55" as a speedlimit, even when the contractors have gone home hours before. Usually only observed by people in the righthand land with their left turn blinker on.

My uncle didn't believe in seatbelts, but inertia believed in him. Ejected. Dad came home from the funeral, unearthed all the seatbelts from under the car seats and we all buckled up, every time, from then on.

OP, kindly list Arfcom members in your will. We'll each get $6, but that's enough to buy a beer in your memory.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 1:55:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Freeway construction in Phoenix has "55" as a speedlimit, even when the contractors have gone home hours before. Usually only observed by people in the righthand land with their left turn blinker on.

My uncle didn't believe in seatbelts, but inertia believed in him. Ejected. Dad came home from the funeral, unearthed all the seatbelts from under the car seats and we all buckled up, every time, from then on.

OP, kindly list Arfcom members in your will. We'll each get $6, but that's enough to buy a beer in your memory.
View Quote
If I get ejected I'll just do a ninja flip and land on my feet .
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 1:57:04 PM EDT
[#42]
I hope you weren’t wearing your Independent sweatshirt.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 1:58:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

The lower limit may not be just for the construction workers. Freeway construction can often involve narrower lanes or lane shifts to the side. If the roadbed is ground-down, the grooves can push tires sideways and may provide significantly reduced traction.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 1:59:44 PM EDT
[#44]
4am I was going 105 in a 60 down 405 and used the HOV toll lane to pass a dark SUV with gray letters that happened to say "State Trooper".

For some reason he only wrote me for 10mph over. Maybe it was close to shift change and he didn't want to to take me to jail

Link Posted: 6/2/2021 2:00:17 PM EDT
[#45]
28 over in a construction zone and no speeding ticket?
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 2:01:38 PM EDT
[#46]
This guy had a wild last few minutes.

Man Dies After Being Ejected from Car and Landing on Freeway Sign

Driver lands on sign when he’s thrown from car in fatal LA, California, freeway crash

Link Posted: 6/2/2021 2:03:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I'm not ruled by the laws of men
View Quote

Sovereign citizen?
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 2:07:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Maybe you'll click it from now on. Or get another seat belt violation. Some people, lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 2:10:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Harnesses and a cage are great for racecars and a properly designed and executed cage with good harnesses is probably safer then airbags, especially in a bad crash.
Thing is, they are horrible for daily driving and in some ways would create safety hazards. Once you are strapped in, you are in. Harnesses do not have retractors nor allow any movement like regular shoulder belts.
No reaching over to grab something off the passenger seat, no shoulder checks before changing lanes etc. By design you cannot really move anything other then your arms and legs. Movement and visibility are even more restricted in modern race cars with halo seats and a proper helmet and HANS device.

Had a car with a cage, racing seats and 4 point belts. Wasn't a daily but it had plates and I street drove it occasionally. I mostly just used the lap belt part of the harness if I was just putting around town.

Link Posted: 6/2/2021 2:12:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Who really gives a shit? Does a grown adult really need explanation?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top