Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 141
Posted: 6/28/2019 11:07:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AmericanPeople]
This post has summary information on one or more upcoming launches.  Detailed information is provided in a later post (page and post numbers given).  Launch dates and times are subject to change....especially Starlink launches.

A.   Next launch:  The discussion of the Falcon 9, Starlink 6-64 launch from Florida on 31 May 2024 starts on page 140 (Post xx).

1)  Mission description:   "A SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket will launch another batch of Starlink V2 Mini internet satellites. The Falcon 9’s first stage booster will land on a drone ship in the Atlantic Ocean."   SpaceFlightNow source

2)  Launch window:   6:43 PM EDT (31 May 2024)

3)  Launch site:   SLC-39A, Florida

4)  Webcast viewing option(s):

SpaceX - Falcon 9 - Starlink Group 6-64 - SLC-40 - Cape Canaveral SFS - Space Affairs Live

B.  Starship/SuperHeavy Integrated Flight Test-4, Boca Chica, TX.  5 June 2024.   Launch coverage here

NET - SpaceX - Starship Flight Test 4 - OLP-A - Starbase/Texas - Space Affairs Live

Notable future flights.  Dates subject to change.

25 June 2024, Falcon Heavy, GOES-U.  Florida   A SpaceX Falcon Heavy will launch the fourth and final satellite of the next-generation series of geostationary weather satellites for NASA and NOAA. GOES-U will orbit 22,300 miles above the equator to monitor weather conditions across the United States. The satellite will be renamed GOES-19 once it reaches its operational orbit.

October 2024,  Falcon Heavy, Europa Clipper
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 4:42:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RiverSwine45:
About 15 minutes ago one of the F-104's went screaming across the center. I wonder if Elon bought some ride time from StarFighters to chase this one out of here.
View Quote

N992SF

Link Posted: 5/4/2021 4:49:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By BigPony:
Another perfect F9 Launch!
View Quote

That may have been the ninth launch/landing of that first stage.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 5:00:21 PM EDT
[#3]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JestersRevenge:
Originally Posted By RiverSwine45:
About 15 minutes ago one of the F-104's went screaming across the center. I wonder if Elon bought some ride time from StarFighters to chase this one out of here.

N992SF

https://www.spaceflightinsider.com/wp-content/gallery/ccafs/ksc-ccafs-jason-rhian-16469.JPG

I get to out there on occasion to do some stuff with the hueys.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 6:31:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 7:57:16 PM EDT
[#5]
If you want to see the 60 satellites close together go to Heavens-above.com.

In the upper right change the location to one close to you then in the upper left select "predictions for your location "

Starlink L25 launch planned for May 4th at 19:01 UTC
Check below for predictions for your location

I would use binoculars unless it is a high elevation pass.  

Look at least a minute early and scan a few degrees (~5) perpendicular to the path.   They may be faint...or bright.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 8:09:38 PM EDT
[#6]
1049-9

Link Posted: 5/4/2021 10:29:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Funny thing is that the first stage landed closer to dead center than his arrow did.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 11:03:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Is there complete, unbroken video of the booster landing available anywhere?

Something that doesn't have a OCISLY test pattern thrown up just when things get interesting?
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 12:47:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Interesting, browsing this board everyone is right leaning and supports Space X, Space battle forum is left winging and supports Space X so I guess Elon enjoys watching either competing who can deep throat him the farthest. But I have some criticism regarding his statements to Mars or any deep space travels

Demonstrate that they can send a 100-150 ton payload to Mars, which I suppose is the weight estimates of the starship. ITS tankers I have looked at (he proposes 5 for interplanetary mission) weigh 380 tonnes, interplanetary spaceship with cargo and passengers is estimated at 450 tonnes per trip to Mars. The only time I remember such heavy weight proposals was by the UR-900 to UR-700 rockets which have been cancelled by the Soviets. So if this does turn out successful than congrats for their company on setting new world records of heavy payload launches to space that surpass Saturn V, but a successful Mars mission is another story.
Demonstrate that orbital refueling works which of course we have yet to see.
I believe there are 4 tankers required for the Mars mission shown in the image I have looked at and they have to do some kind of maneuver with the starship which of course we have to see a demonstration that this works.
Land I suppose a 100-150 ton object into Mars and NASA has had great difficulty trying to land at least a 1 ton rover. Space X has to demonstrate this.
Musk has presented heat tiles with temperatures of 1560 kelvin in his tweet video regarding a re-entry profile, while Berkeley labs has said the re-entry heat load to Mars is 4000 degrees Fahrenheit. re-entry heat loads for earth are even higher. So is he making it sound like he is expecting that these tiles can survive the wear and tear of entering either Mars or earth without the whole crew dying?
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 12:49:08 AM EDT
[#10]
The stainless steel he presented is 310S which corrodes at 2,000 degrees Fahrenheit and melts at 2,400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Has presented a cooling method to blood rocket fuel from tiny holes of rocket ship. Microscopic pores however can be easily clogged especially entering Mars.
He is going to use solar cells to power a plant to harness Martian subsurface ice, electrolyte it into H2 and O2, then liquefy and store it as rocket fuels. We have frozen water at our planets poles and to my knowledge, no-one makes rocket fuel this way or has even proposed that so that is another hurdle. So before he goes stakes the lives of his crew, I would recommend him demonstrating a group of people in astronaut suits doing this on earth and how long it takes to have the supposed required amount of fuel before leaving Mars atmosphere back to Earth.
Russians have said a trip to Mars they would need a spaceship with several meters of lead or create some better radiation absorbing material that weighs less than lead. Space X has yet to demonstrate that, suits that can demonstrate that. Says 115 days to Mars on average, than once the crew lands I wonder how long it will take them to go mine in Mars before returning to earth with said amount of time.
What is the cost of all of this? and what is the failure rate before making such an investment on Space X?
Made early predictions before of set manned mars dates but none have seen promising. Meaning if you keep having set dates and they keep getting passed you will just be losing the general publics interest other than just chucking rockets to keep them entertained.
Last but not least this might count as a few points than a single point.

Thunderf00t HUMILIATED by Mars Helicopter Success!

Start video at 10:00 Musk proposed solar powered space craft in Jupiter which based on power efficiency is horrible. Than shown his astronauts getting off to Europa which is on the worst side of Jupiter's Van Allen belts stating they will be just fine.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 12:50:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Should I just ignore the guy and focus on the company's achievements instead? He is no different than trampoline man Rogozin, so do people here worship the company more or the guy instead?

https://www.nasa.gov/directorates/spacetech/nuclear-propulsion-could-help-get-humans-to-mars-faster

https://spacenews.com/general-atomics-wins-darpa-contract-to-design-nuclear-reactor-to-power-missions-to-the-moon/

https://www.secretprojects.co.uk/threads/russian-nuclear-propulsion-spacecraft-nuklon.35350/

Is space X going to hire scientists that work on nuclear propulsion any time soon? For some reason my confidence is dying a little that they still want to go chemical while NASA, DARPA and keldysh center have different approaches for deep space travel which all seem to be go nuclear.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 1:03:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Welcome!
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 6:42:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Indeed.

Welcome aboard.

Link Posted: 5/5/2021 7:31:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By panzerfeist1:

Is space X going to hire scientists that work on nuclear propulsion any time soon? For some reason my confidence is dying a little that they still want to go chemical while NASA, DARPA and keldysh center have different approaches for deep space travel which all seem to be go nuclear.
View Quote

So you spend 3 whole posts complaining about how Musk is a fraud and then complain he"s not given access to work on nukes?
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 7:53:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Interesting, browsing this board everyone is right leaning and supports Space X, Space battle forum is left winging and supports Space X so I guess Elon enjoys watching either competing who can deep throat him the farthest. But I have some criticism regarding his statements to Mars or any deep space travels

View Quote

Always good to see new members with technical knowledge, but starting your first post like this isn't likely to make people receptive to your ideas. Just a thought.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 8:17:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Pavelow16478] [#16]

snip

Musk has presented heat tiles with temperatures of 1560 kelvin in his tweet video regarding a re-entry profile, while Berkeley labs has said the re-entry heat load to Mars is 4000 degrees Fahrenheit. re-entry heat loads for earth are even higher. So is he making it sound like he is expecting that these tiles can survive the wear and tear of entering either Mars or earth without the whole crew dying?
View Quote

The Berkeley paper (link here) was referring to TPS for a small probe.

Peak heating will vary with velocity, ballistic coefficient, entry angle, etc...  A small probe is a whole different animal than Starship.  Starship being heavier will give it a much larger Q (total heat load) than a probe (velocities being equal) but being able to aero brake higher up in the atmosphere and with aero surfaces that allow them to control their entry profile allows them to have a lower q dot (heat rate) than a probe.

Great paper on reentry heating
https://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/headquarters_offices/avs/offices/aam/cami/library/online_libraries/aerospace_medicine/tutorial/media/iii.4.1.7_returning_from_space.pdf

I don't miss having to do thermo
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 8:30:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Well now.
Dragon has some competition breathing on it's parachutes !

https://www.mynews13.com/fl/orlando/news/2021/05/04/dream-chaser-space-plane-preps-for-iss-supply-missions-in-2022

Crewed missions are in the works.

Link Posted: 5/5/2021 8:40:29 AM EDT
[#18]
He is going to use solar cells to power a plant to harness Martian subsurface ice, electrolyte it into H2 and O2, then liquefy and store it as rocket fuels. We have frozen water at our planets poles and to my knowledge, no-one makes rocket fuel this way or has even proposed that so that is another hurdle.
View Quote

Probably because we have much easier ways to generate liquid oxygen and hydrogen here on Earth than to start with water ice.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 8:41:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Dagger41:
Well now.

https://www.mynews13.com/fl/orlando/news/2021/05/04/dream-chaser-space-plane-preps-for-iss-supply-missions-in-2022

View Quote

Competition is a good thing
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 8:47:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Pavelow16478:

Competition is a good thing
View Quote

So are runway landings.

Link Posted: 5/5/2021 10:11:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Well now.

View Quote

While I am glad to see dream chaser making some progress, it's still at least year away from its first flight in the cargo config and that will be over a dozen years after they started developing it. Crew flights will almost certainly still be years away. I would be curious to see it's in flight abort profile and costs. There would be some irony if they could eventually get it working for less than starliner after losing out on the conmercial crew contract (and subsequent protest) to ULA and Space X.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 10:17:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By dusten:

While I am glad to see dream chaser making some progress, it's still at least year away from its first flight in the cargo config and that will be over a dozen years after they started developing it. Crew flights will almost certainly still be years away. I would be curious to see it's in flight abort profile and costs. There would be some irony if they could eventually get it working for less than starliner after losing out on the conmercial crew contract (and subsequent protest) to ULA and Space X.
View Quote

How will manned flights work with the DreamChaser inside a fairing?  Abort modes?
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 10:28:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By AmericanPeople:

How will manned flights work with the DreamChaser inside a fairing?  Abort modes?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 10:46:53 AM EDT
[#24]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AmericanPeople:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/279984/Dream_Chaser_Atlas_V_Integrated_Launch_C-1930300.JPG

Interesting concept - I like it!

SNC's Dream Chaser® Concept of Operations

Link Posted: 5/5/2021 11:02:00 AM EDT
[#25]

Demonstrate that they can send a 100-150 ton payload to Mars, which I suppose is the weight estimates of the starship. ITS tankers I have looked at (he proposes 5 for interplanetary mission) weigh 380 tonnes, interplanetary spaceship with cargo and passengers is estimated at 450 tonnes per trip to Mars. The only time I remember such heavy weight proposals was by the UR-900 to UR-700 rockets which have been cancelled by the Soviets. So if this does turn out successful than congrats for their company on setting new world records of heavy payload launches to space that surpass Saturn V, but a successful Mars mission is another story.
Demonstrate that orbital refueling works which of course we have yet to see.
I believe there are 4 tankers required for the Mars mission shown in the image I have looked at and they have to do some kind of maneuver with the starship which of course we have to see a demonstration that this works.
Land I suppose a 100-150 ton object into Mars and NASA has had great difficulty trying to land at least a 1 ton rover. Space X has to demonstrate this.
View Quote

Panzer, i’m Familiar with spacebattles, if you’re not very left wing it can be a difficult up hill battle there, so welcome you crazy freak, don’t mind the hazing, “it will end”

Latest on starship is transpiration cooking, er thanks autocorrect, cooling, that way is out, Elon said on twitter that likes the idea, but his engineers have convinced him tiles are the best. As for the tiles, the concern hasn’t been discussed by someone more versed above this post.

But say you might be correct, or perhaps partially, spacex is very agile and more than happy to perform tests on mars before crewed missions and abandon failed concepts, sunk costs be damned.

Take their recent abandoning, then re-adoption of autogenous pressurization. It failed to pressurize sufficiently on one test, causing a crash, so they abandoned it  for a helium system to pressurized the fuel tanks, which promptly killed another prototype after an engine ingesting a helium bubble, so they reverted back to a beefed up autogenous (heating up liquid fuel into gas to pressurize the tanks) as any bubble produced by this system would return to liquid form before entering the turbo pumps, where as helium would stay in gaseous form.

I don’t think it’s so much as if spacex can do it, it’s more of a when and at what capacity.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 12:01:49 PM EDT
[#26]
So far this year SpaceX is averaging a Falcon 9 launch almost every 9 days. Ridiculous.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 1:26:27 PM EDT
[#27]
SpaceX’s next Starlink launch to cross major rocket reusability milestone

"Next Spaceflight reports that SpaceX’s next Starlink launch – scheduled as few as five days after the last mission – will see Falcon 9 mark a hugely significant milestone for truly reusable rocketry.

According to Next Spaceflight’s sources, SpaceX has chosen Falcon 9 booster B1051 to launch Starlink-27 – the constellation’s 26th operational mission – as early as Sunday, May 9th. Scheduled eight weeks (56 days) after the same booster’s last orbital-class launch and landing and just five days after SpaceX’s 25th operational Starlink launch, Starlink-27 will be Falcon 9 B1051’s 10th launch."
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 1:32:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AmericanPeople] [#28]
1) Background info: Source

"A SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket will launch the 27th batch of approximately 60 satellites for SpaceX’s Starlink broadband network, a mission designated Starlink V1.0-L27."

2) Launch window:     2:42 AM EDT  (9 May 2021).

3) Launch Site: SLC-40, Cape Canaveral Space Force Station, Floridada

4) Webcast viewing options:

a. SpaceX webcast (Starts about 15 minutes before liftoff)

b.  You Tube

5) Launch preparations:

a.  Boats heading out.   Source:  SpaceXFleet.com

b.  Ready for launch.  

Stephen Marr photo.

Kyle Montgomery photo

6) First stage return/disposal:   Ocean recovery on JRTI.

7) Mission press kit:   Now online here

8) Launch to deployment events/timeline:    

Hours:Minutes:Seconds after lift-off

00:02:33   1st stage main engine cutoff (MECO)
00:02:36   1st and 2nd stages separate
00:02:44   2nd stage engine starts
00:03:04   Fairing deployment
00:06:53   1st stage entry burn ends
00:08:35   1st stage landing
00:08:47   2nd stage engine cutoff (SECO)
00:45:33   2nd stage engine restarts
00:45:35   2nd stage engine cutoff (SECO-2)
01:03:51   Starlink satellites deploy
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 4:33:56 PM EDT
[#29]
@ gtsteve03

hate 2000 character limit so sorry for not adding quote.

I didn't call him a fraud unless that's what you think he is? I mean I did go bash Rogozin Musk appears to be similar to him except Rogozin is doing a better job closing his mouth more instead of saying things like solar powered spacecraft for deep space missions or thinking astronauts will do just fine in Europa will probably go scare the shit out of any astronaut that is to hop aboard the starship to Mars.

DARPA and NASA propose nuclear spacecraft projects along with Russia which seem to be faster methods than chemical rockets. Also proposes things like we need refueling tankers and we need a way to refuel on mars instead of a keep it simple, stupid by just going nuclear. I just hope those processes to work right don't take longer than trying to get starship to orbit, refueling in orbit, refueling along the way to Mars and assuming robots are being tested 1st to collect fuel in Mars and can withstand radiation levels and dust among other factors for humans to safely. Going nuclear sort of cuts off the refueling cycles or the need to collect fuel on another planet dont take longer than other processes like landing on Mars than taking off from mars for a successful re-entry back to earth.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 4:34:29 PM EDT
[#30]
@steveG3

continued

2025 seems like in interesting date for General Atomics and LM or Blue origins nuclear spacecraft design to get a nuclear spacecraft to orbit. But when will other contracts begin on sending nuclear engines farther away is the next concern.

2030 is the estimated date for nuklon which is a supposed head to earths moon, Venus and than one of Jupiter s moons Keldysh Center designed one engine, KB Arsenal designing a different nuclear engine. Nuklon is estimated 20-30 tons. but eventually in 2028 they will have the Yenisei and Don Rockets ready to launch for higher payload to orbit meaning possible manned expeditions to Mars. They might get an economical boost from Nordstream 2 and other arctic projects or use the Chinese for funding like their joint lunar station project for a manned mars mission. They are the dark-horse in my opinion. The Chinese I see barely as a threat but only if they fund Russia.

NASA keeps talking about the need to go nuclear but dont see any proposals.

I personally think Space X has a bigger disadvantage than the other 3 is what I was trying to say. Any disagreements here people want to add?
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 4:37:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Well now.

View Quote

Bahahhahaha, hopefully the landing gear works this time!
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 4:38:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Should I just ignore the guy and focus on the company's achievements instead? He is no different than trampoline man Rogozin, so do people here worship the company more or the guy instead?

https://www.nasa.gov/directorates/spacetech/nuclear-propulsion-could-help-get-humans-to-mars-faster

https://spacenews.com/general-atomics-wins-darpa-contract-to-design-nuclear-reactor-to-power-missions-to-the-moon/

https://www.secretprojects.co.uk/threads/russian-nuclear-propulsion-spacecraft-nuklon.35350/

View Quote

NASA's approach to going to Mars was nuclear in the 1970s.

50 years later...
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 4:41:52 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

You must be pretty hard up joining a firearm forum to bitch at us about SpaceX.  

Personally, I think you are mad your country has no space capability - you don't sound / type like an American.  

Remember.  

Link Posted: 5/5/2021 4:47:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Neotopiaman] [#34]
@steveG3

continued

2025 seems like in interesting date for General Atomics and LM or Blue origins nuclear spacecraft design to get a nuclear spacecraft to orbit. But when will other contracts begin on sending nuclear engines farther away is the next concern.

2030 is the estimated date for nuklon which is a supposed head to earths moon, Venus and than one of Jupiter s moons Keldysh Center designed one engine, KB Arsenal designing a different nuclear engine. Nuklon is estimated 20-30 tons. but eventually in 2028 they will have the Yenisei and Don Rockets ready to launch for higher payload to orbit meaning possible manned expeditions to Mars. They might get an economical boost from Nordstream 2 and other arctic projects or use the Chinese for funding like their joint lunar station project for a manned mars mission. They are the dark-horse in my opinion. The Chinese I see barely as a threat but only if they fund Russia.

NASA keeps talking about the need to go nuclear but dont see any proposals.

I personally think Space X has a bigger disadvantage than the other 3 is what I was trying to say. Any disagreements here people want to add?
View Quote

Russia isn't going to do jack shit.

They've been working on the Angara and their second ISS module for like 22 years now.

They have no money.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 4:49:59 PM EDT
[#35]
@ gtsteve03

hate 2000 character limit so sorry for not adding quote.

I didn't call him a fraud unless that's what you think he is? I mean I did go bash Rogozin Musk appears to be similar to him except Rogozin is doing a better job closing his mouth more instead of saying things like solar powered spacecraft for deep space missions or thinking astronauts will do just fine in Europa will probably go scare the shit out of any astronaut that is to hop aboard the starship to Mars.

DARPA and NASA propose nuclear spacecraft projects along with Russia which seem to be faster methods than chemical rockets. Also proposes things like we need refueling tankers and we need a way to refuel on mars instead of a keep it simple, stupid by just going nuclear. I just hope those processes to work right don't take longer than trying to get starship to orbit, refueling in orbit, refueling along the way to Mars and assuming robots are being tested 1st to collect fuel in Mars and can withstand radiation levels and dust among other factors for humans to safely. Going nuclear sort of cuts off the refueling cycles or the need to collect fuel on another planet dont take longer than other processes like landing on Mars than taking off from mars for a successful re-entry back to earth.
View Quote

Nuclear would indeed be awesome, but is one hellish regulatory nightmare, simple RTG’s are difficult enough for NASA, JPL, etc. to acquire material, manufacture. Spacex has considered them, but they consider full flow staged combustion methane the best low bearing fruit.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 5:04:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: panzerfeist1] [#36]
Originally Posted By Neotopiaman:

Russia isn't going to do jack shit.

They've been working on the Angara and their second ISS module for like 22 years now.

They have no money.
View Quote

Ya see this is the kind of mentality that scares me the most. Claims that they were far behind on stealth drones, now they have set dates for the SU-70 for full scale productions and even giving it an interceptor role, Claims that they were far behind on lasers for having no projects, than they propose a 1 megawatt laser KVPC, and a nuclear fuel pump Peresvet laser. Claims that they were far behind on AESA radars and aircraft engines, than all of a sudden there is news reports left and right from their company CEOs or military figure heads talking about photonic radars and detonation engines.

Nordstream 2 and arctic projects might boost their economy back up or use the Chinese. They are proposing a lot of economical projects. I dont see the U.S. redoing project pluto to match Burevestnik and it appears they might have some lag to catch up with on nuclear propulsion. As much as everyone hates to admit it but the soviets helped us with scramjets like the kholod project, operation mount hope 3, among other things we could not achieve without their help or designs. I don't think that brilliance has left them.

PS: I fucking love this place now it is like F-16.net but without your posts being limited or a admin throwing a ban quickly
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 5:12:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Neotopiaman] [#37]

Ya see this is the kind of mentality that scares me the most. Claims that they were far behind on stealth drones, now they have set dates for the SU-70 for full scale productions and even giving it an interceptor role, Claims that they were far behind on lasers for having no projects, than they propose a 1 megawatt laser KVPC, and a nuclear fuel pump Peresvet laser. Claims that they were far behind on AESA radars and aircraft engines, than all of a sudden there is news reports left and right from their company CEOs or military figure heads talking about photonic radars and detonation engines.

Nordstream 2 and arctic projects might boost their economy back up or use the Chinese. They are proposing a lot of economical projects. I dont see the U.S. redoing project pluto to match Burevestnik and it appears they might have some lag to catch up with on nuclear propulsion. As much as everyone hates to admit it but the soviets helped us with scramjets like the kholod project, operation mount hope 3, among other things we could not achieve without their help or designs. I don't think that brilliance has left them.

PS: I fucking love this place now it is like F-16.net but without your posts being limited or a admin throwing a ban quickly
View Quote

lol

Russia is going precisely nowhere.

They are basically a non-entity now in innovation.

China spends 20x more on R&D than Russia does... Russia barely makes the global top 20 now. It's not the USSR, it's a dead kleptocratic shithole with dutch disease.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 5:14:58 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

Yeah, maybe their SU70 drones can supplement their vast fleet of mig-35s.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 5:20:51 PM EDT
[#39]

lol

China spends 20x more on R&D than Russia does... Russia barely makes the global top 20 now. It's not the USSR, it's a dead kleptocratic shithole with dutch disease.
View All Quotes

lol

This.

What the Russians say and do are usually two totally different things.

RE their space launch planning: the Russian Finance Ministry is cutting Roscosmos budget by ~$13M a year, for the next 3 years. With the significant loss of income from SpaceX getting their old customers and the aforementioned budget cuts, I don't imagine Russia doing much of anything other than trying to keep the Soyuz just going
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 5:25:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Lagtime:

This.

RE their space launch planning: the Russian Finance Ministry is cutting Roscosmos budget by ~$13M a year, for the next 3 years. With the significant loss of income from SpaceX getting their old customers and the aforementioned budget cuts, I don't imagine Russia doing much of anything other than trying to keep the Soyuz just going
View Quote

Russia's current space budget for the next few years is like $1.8b per year. SpaceX is easily spending more than that on it's own as a private entity. In a few years SpaceX will have several billion Starlink bucks a year to spend.

Russia is also losing it's foreign revenues from ISS seats, commercial launches, and engine sales, it won't be able to subsidize it's domestic industry with foreign revenues.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 5:35:48 PM EDT
[#41]

Russia's current space budget for the next few years is like $1.8b per year. SpaceX is easily spending more than that on it's own as a private entity. In a few years SpaceX will have several billion Starlink bucks a year to spend.

Russia is also losing it's foreign revenues from ISS seats, commercial launches, and engine sales, it won't be able to subsidize it's domestic industry with foreign revenues.
View All Quotes

This.

$860M from SpaceX crew Dragon launches alone already, almost half of their annual budget
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 5:48:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: panzerfeist1] [#42]

lol

View Quote

If China is doing so well why even cooperate with Russia on a lunar moon station? Didn't Elon fly to Russia before  to copy a rocket design? Didnt Musk beg congress from letting NASA purchase Russian rocket engines as well? Is this U.S. innovation at its finest Space X is not doing so bad right now. But development of Amur Rockets, and creating a new design bureau for fly wing rocket designs like Krylo-SV and eventually heavier payloads will offer cheaper flights and re-usability than current rockets using half the fuel to get to orbit and half the fuel to re-land. Wonder what countermeasures Space X will take against all this? I mean Russia is a non-entity in innovation correct?

We literally use Chinese American students to compete with Russians And Chinese in international ICPC, physics and math competitions. The U.S. is turning into a left leaning shithole that screws Asians and whites so that technological gap will just grow bigger than it has already.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 5:56:20 PM EDT
[#43]

If China is doing so well why even cooperate with Russia on a lunar moon station? Didn't Elon fly to Russia before  to copy a rocket design? Didnt Musk beg congress from letting NASA purchase Russian rocket engines as well? Is this U.S. innovation at its finest Space X is not doing so bad right now. But development of Amur Rockets, and creating a new design bureau for fly wing rocket designs like Krylo-SV and eventually heavier payloads will offer cheaper flights and re-usability than current rockets using half the fuel to get to orbit and half the fuel to re-land. Wonder what countermeasures Space X will take against all this? I mean Russia is a non-entity in innovation correct?
View All Quotes

China is going to farm all the space IP they can out of Russia then kick them to kerb.

SpaceX is currently out-lifting the entire rest of the world combined in terms of tonnage to orbit. They are also lifting more people now than the rest of the world combined, and they are making more satellites than the rest of the world combined. The Falcon is both the world's cheapest and most reliable rocket.

We literally use Chinese American students to compete with Russians And Chinese in international ICPC, physics and math competitions. The U.S. is turning into a left leaning shithole that screws Asians and whites so that technological gap will just grow bigger than it has already.

How many globally competitive, innovative firms does Russia have again?

All of Russia's best and brightest leave Russia, because it's a shithole.

Russia is literally a rounding error on global innovation. In the 60s the USSR was about 20% of world R&D, now Russia is under 1%... Below Brazil, The Netherlands, and Israel.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 6:15:38 PM EDT
[#44]
@Neotopiaman

Its personally hard for me to take someone chucking rockets for entertainment purposes into orbit seriously, that I shit you not even flew to another country to copy their design and seems to propose ideas that endanger astronauts. 2 Amur rockets being launched will have more payload and still be cheaper than a falcon launch of any considerable payload. Space X will than have to create a cheaper re-usable rocket design and once they do they will have to somehow deal with fly-wing rocket designs that will offer heavier payloads than krylo-SV.

Fielding scramjets before our country and our country felt the need to spend billions on hypersonic projects because of how innovative Russia is lol? I currently have my doubts if the U.S. will have a successful nuclear spacecraft design but if they somehow do they will have to make a design that can travel around the solar system in which we are starting to see such a proposal on Nuklon. https://www.secretprojects.co.uk/threads/photonic-integrated-circuits-and-radar-developement.32576/ Here is an example on radars, etc, etc. Imagine spending trillions on stealth just when a country is proposing a way to make it useless. We spend money like idiots they don't.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 6:41:59 PM EDT
[#45]

$860M from SpaceX crew Dragon launches alone already, almost half of their annual budget
View Quote

And just wait until the Boeing Starliner falls on it's ass again, then even more work for SpaceX.  The have already picked up several extra flights that should have been Starliner flight (hence the move to re-using Crew Dragon sooner).
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 6:49:17 PM EDT
[#46]
@Neotopiaman

Its personally hard for me to take someone chucking rockets for entertainment purposes into orbit seriously, that I shit you not even flew to another country to copy their design and seems to propose ideas that endanger astronauts. 2 Amur rockets being launched will have more payload and still be cheaper than a falcon launch of any considerable payload. Space X will than have to create a cheaper re-usable rocket design and once they do they will have to somehow deal with fly-wing rocket designs that will offer heavier payloads than krylo-SV.

Fielding scramjets before our country and our country felt the need to spend billions on hypersonic projects because of how innovative Russia is lol? I currently have my doubts if the U.S. will have a successful nuclear spacecraft design but if they somehow do they will have to make a design that can travel around the solar system in which we are starting to see such a proposal on Nuklon. https://www.secretprojects.co.uk/threads/photonic-integrated-circuits-and-radar-developement.32576/ Here is an example on radars, etc, etc. Imagine spending trillions on stealth just when a country is proposing a way to make it useless. We spend money like idiots they don't.
View Quote

St.Pete troll mills need to up their game...
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 6:50:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3Trip] [#47]
Originally Posted By Rhinowso96:

And just wait until the Boeing Starliner falls on it's ass again, then even more work for SpaceX.  The have already picked up several extra flights that should have been Starliner flight (hence the move to re-using Crew Dragon sooner).
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Rhinowso96:

it's beginning to look like there's something seriously wrong with boing as a company, with the problems with their military transports, their newish civilian passenger jet, and now their spacecraft.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 6:59:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Orion_Shall_Rise] [#48]
Originally Posted By 3Trip:

it's beginning to look like there's something seriously wrong with boing as a company, with the problems with their military transports, their newish civilian passenger jet, and now their spacecraft.
View Quote

https://www.boeing.com/principles/

dont see anything about successful projects
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 9:58:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: panzerfeist1] [#49]

St.Pete troll mills need to up their game...
View Quote

Oh yeah wait until I file a report against Space X that I am a person of color feeling discriminated against. https://www.businessinsider.com/spacex-investigation-doj-justice-hiring-discrimination-elon-musk-employment-legal-2021-1 You forgot the new motto of the U.S. Diversity > Talent.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 2:27:12 AM EDT
[#50]

Oh yeah wait until I file a report against Space X that I am a person of color feeling discriminated against. https://www.businessinsider.com/spacex-investigation-doj-justice-hiring-discrimination-elon-musk-employment-legal-2021-1 You forgot the new motto of the U.S. Diversity > Talent.
View Quote

GFY.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 141
Top Top