Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/18/2021 4:05:13 PM EDT
I am waiting to see the story posted online to link it, but the RCSO has released an internal policy directing deputies to record information on any firearm they come into contact with, even those being carried by a person not charged with a crime. This includes guns that aren't confiscated. Info on ownership, ammunition carried, and other items. Info to be placed on a spreadsheet to "track criminal activity".

As soon as a good link is available I will add it. Until then, local talk radio host Austin Rhodes posted the policy on his Facebook page.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:06:34 PM EDT
[#1]
As soon as everyone realizes where we are in history with this stuff it's gonna get tense.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:07:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Seen that
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:08:06 PM EDT
[#3]
That's going to go well.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:08:52 PM EDT
[#4]
FOIA request > destroy their admin with phone calls and emails about this
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:09:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Ga a duty to inform state?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:11:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:12:06 PM EDT
[#7]
"Tracking crimminal history",  like voting for Trump?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:13:57 PM EDT
[#8]
still thing a gun grab isnt coming.  

lets connect some dots

ATF already doing the left's bidding even in November..  going 100% after 80% and braces

Big tech going after all the downloadable content on manufacturing guns.  thingverse, keybase etc..  wiped.

your ability to discuss and disseminate via conservative platforms..  deplatformed.

tracking your guns via illegal databases (remember FOPA).  

next up :  big tech putting together the database that allows the gov to come after you very specifically and deliberately.  every picture you ever posted, every gun you ever mentioned.  all compiled into a list to bring to your attention when beto comes over.

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:16:11 PM EDT
[#9]
80% are legal in GA.

SN not required by ATF for 80% builder - personal use only.

GA doesn't require SN either for 80% IIRC.

How ya gonna register a broomstick with no serial?

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:16:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:17:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
As soon as everyone realizes where we are in history with this stuff it's gonna get tense.
View Quote

You just asked The Greatest Question: Will they?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:18:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yes
View Quote

Georgia is not. South Carolina is.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:20:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes

Sorry. I was under the impression it was.

ETA: Looks like it’s headed that way, though.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:22:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
still thing a gun grab isnt coming.  

lets connect some dots

ATF already doing the left's bidding even in November..  going 100% after 80% and braces

Big tech going after all the downloadable content on manufacturing guns.  thingverse, keybase etc..  wiped.

your ability to discuss and disseminate via conservative platforms..  deplatformed.

tracking your guns via illegal databases (remember FOPA).  

next up :  big tech putting together the database that allows the gov to come after you very specifically and deliberately.  every picture you ever posted, every gun you ever mentioned.  all compiled into a list to bring to your attention when beto comes over.

View Quote

WeRe NoT vEnEzUeLa
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:22:35 PM EDT
[#16]
I wonder which ARF lawyer will be the first to sue the shit out of them.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:27:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

WeRe NoT vEnEzUeLa
View Quote

Sorry but we are.

These are preliminary steps for a gun registration scheme.  Next will be tax stamps and home inspections.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:28:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Registration has always lead to confiscation throughout history...meanwhile they want to defund your police while over running your area while non white illegals and will give them the wink to do as they please to the helpless. Ask whites in South Africa how this works.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:28:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

You’re certainly right there.  
But I guess if you don’t know by now,
“You’re late to the party pal”.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:29:22 PM EDT
[#20]
I would spin my badge on the Sheriff's desk, say fuck you, and go home.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:30:19 PM EDT
[#21]
This is just further evidence that Georgia really is on its way to becoming a blue state.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:31:37 PM EDT
[#22]
I see the term "demographical information" up top.  Don't they know facts are racist?

Shut that shit down!
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:33:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Sorry but we are.

These are preliminary steps for a gun registration scheme.  Next will be tax stamps and home inspections.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WeRe NoT vEnEzUeLa

Sorry but we are.

Ah, sorry to burst your bubble but 1934 was the preliminary steps to gun registration.

Reclassifying accessories (braces, bump stocks), "closing loopholes" (80%, 3d printing), and Red Flag Laws are the end game.

Took almost 90 years, but here we are; at the precipice, ready to be turned into a felon at a pen stroke's moment.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:35:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Whats wrong with this ?

Its just a way to endure that Felons don't have guns!!

Do you have something to hide, OP ?

Are you are pot head doper commie as well ?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:36:25 PM EDT
[#25]
out for the change
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:36:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Is there a legal reason to stop them from doing so?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:42:38 PM EDT
[#27]
out for the change
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:45:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

No.

Georgia does not require individuals to inform a LEO of a permit or license to carry immediately on contact, but if an Officer asks about a weapon, by law, an answer must be supplied. You must carry your license, together with valid identification, at all times in which You are in actual possession of a firearm and must display both the license and proper identification upon demand by a LEO. [http://gunla.ws/18bl]
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:53:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:54:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:02:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Georgia's preemption:
The Georgia General Assembly has declared the regulation of firearms to be an issue of general, statewide concern. The General Assembly has enacted a preemption statute stating that "[n]o county or municipal corporation, by zoning or by ordinance, resolution, or other enactment, shall regulate in any manner gun shows; the possession, ownership, transport, carrying, transfer, sale, purchase, licensing, or registration of firearms or components of firearms; firearms dealers; or dealers in firearms components."
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:02:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
There is already a GA state court decision that says LE in GA can't seize or run serial numbers on firearms as matter of routine.

Came out of a case of a cop stopping some guy. Guy was going hunting or something, LEO sees gun cases in the backseat of the truck. LEO then seizes and runs the serial numbers of each firearm.

The court said, LE can't do that. LE can only seize the guns if he reasonably believes the firearms are stolen or used in the commission of a crime.

Sheriff is going to get sued.

View Quote

Good, he should get sued.

Hope it hurts.

Alot.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:04:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Roundtree has no regards for any law except his law .

All of Richmond county is lost .     Bought and paid for by Bloomberg .   The county admins. have been part of Bloombergs mayors against gun violence for many years .  Weak Deke was probably the first .

Roundtree is trying desperately to push the rapid rise in violence in his county onto anything but him .

FBI or GBI  comes in and breaks up a criminal enterprise  for instance and then he rushes in  to take credit .    

And he has an enemies list .

gd
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:04:57 PM EDT
[#34]
right up the road.   wtf
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:06:04 PM EDT
[#35]
i dont think ga is a duty to inform state
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:07:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Then I suppose it'll be up to the citizenry to record deputies info that uphold thus policy. Names, badge numbers, pictures... addresses. Lists will be made. It'll then be up to the citizenry to decide if they really want these officers living amongst them, sharing their communities.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:08:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:09:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Want people to start making 80% lowers into 100% lowers?

This is how.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:10:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Time to do a recall on that sheriff.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:14:20 PM EDT
[#40]
I've thought about it for a minute and I conclude this ,  I want to witness this being done in the hood .   And Augusta has several .

Every bit as dangerous as the mega cities of the country .

Plus , the last I heard sheriff dept is short handed right now .  Maybe hire some social workers for the task .

gd
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:15:42 PM EDT
[#41]
NM, addressed.

ETA: GA carry will be suing them I'd imagine. It's nice having a functioning 2A organization in the state.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:15:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
There is already a GA state court decision that says LE in GA can't seize or run serial numbers on firearms as matter of routine.

Came out of a case of a cop stopping some guy. Guy was going hunting or something, LEO sees gun cases in the backseat of the truck. LEO then seizes and runs the serial numbers of each firearm.

The court said, LE can't do that. LE can only seize the guns if he reasonably believes the firearms are stolen or used in the commission of a crime.

Sheriff is going to get sued.

View Quote
@BamaShooter

do you know the case name? for future reference.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:16:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Im_damn _Possible .

The demographics say never .
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:18:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Yes
View Quote

Is it a duty to hand it over state? Y'know for officer safety and stuff...
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:31:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Im_damn _Possible .

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im_damn _Possible .

Yeah I know, Augusta has changed a lot in the last few years.  I've still got family there, been there for generations, but they're all planning on leaving.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:32:58 PM EDT
[#46]
GA Carry will sue the shit out of them. They've been great in the past.

www.georgiacarry.org
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:36:03 PM EDT
[#47]
"that is the subject of a criminal investigation"

I'm not an expert in this field, but I assume if I ever come into contact with a LEO when I am being investigated for a crime while carrying a gun, that the S/N is going to end up recorded.

I'm not a holster sniffing badge bunny and I'm not worried about this.

80% AR receivers are still available from $40-100 each.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:38:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Yes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes

Wrong.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:42:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Wonder if this can provide rebuttal.

Georgia has no law requiring firearm owners to register their firearms. In fact, Georgia law explicitly states that application forms for a weapons carry license may not “require data which is nonpertinent or irrelevant such as serial numbers or other identification capable of being used as a de facto registration of firearms owned by the applicant.”
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:44:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top