Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/14/2020 5:32:48 AM EDT
Not sure about APD but our local SO’s policy is that deadly force is authorized if a suspect has an officer’s taser. Brooks already showed he was willing to fight officers to resist arrest - why wouldn’t a reasonable officer believe he would be willing to use the Taser as well? He had already taken it and pointed it at the officers. Is it unreasonable to assume he’d use it and take a sidearm? Whether you think that policy is inappropriate is a separate issue - you can’t train guys one way then fire them when they do it.

It seems the only options left for LE are:

A) Let anyone run away who resists arrest
B) Be vilified in the press, lose your job, and face charges if you defend yourself
C) Put your life in the hands of a stranger who’s already assaulted you.

Link Posted: 6/14/2020 5:34:49 AM EDT
[#1]
To arrest people trying to stop rioters.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 5:36:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I want cops nationwide to take a month off, not answer a single 911 call.

People will change their tunes real quick.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 5:37:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Dont know.

thankful they do though
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 5:50:06 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't mind them shooting shitbags that are a danger to either the Police or law abiding Citizens.
Fight the cops and get shot = tough shit.

Link Posted: 6/14/2020 6:05:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dont know.

thankful they do though
View Quote

Also, the overwhelming amount of the country is not as bad as the news makes it out to be.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 6:17:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yup
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 6:27:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Play stupid games and win stupid prizes.

For some reason it is now considered taboo that when you fight a cop you could die. Blacks seem to love doing this for whatever reason they can come up with and then the whole world is surprised when the criminal is killed. That criminal normally has a lengthy record and drugs in his/her system to boot.

I don’t fuck with them, they don’t fuck with me. This has worked for over two decades for me.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 6:36:33 AM EDT
[#8]
We were trained that someone using a taser on us would be a situation where we could use deadly force.  To turn around and fire an officer for following training is fkin insane.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 6:38:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Dental plan, medical insurance, sweet sweet taxpayer-paid pension, wages?...
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 6:44:06 AM EDT
[#10]
I got paid Friday, after much overtime was spent smiling and waving at people giving me the middle finger.

Seeing those numbers warmed my heart
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 7:37:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 7:40:10 AM EDT
[#12]
"Well, 20 years and out, and can already taste that Louisiana Plan pension. Thank God you guys sucked at math..."
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 7:44:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 7:45:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
This is going to cause a lot of cops to realize they get paid the same if the badguy runs away.
View Quote

Back in the 90's, I developed a law-enforcement strategy I like to call "MYOB Policing." And let me tell you... it works.
Shit, maybe that could be my second calling. Screw these guys that train cops to shoot, I could train them to stay out of trouble.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 7:48:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 7:49:27 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm curious to know what percentage of police are under a labor union...and for those who are, where are their union reps?
If this were any of the other big unions I would expect them to strike and renegotiate their CBA.

Im not a fan of unions, but isn't this exactly the supposed reason they were created for?

Right now, good cops (who are the vast, overwhelming majority of the trade) are being vilified because of the perceptions of idiots. Seems like every time some career felon plays stupid games and wins a really stupid prize, it's always the cops fault, and it's always racism. At some point, I expect those good cops to say "fuck it"....and I completely understand if they do.

Sad to see my nation falling apart at the seams.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 7:54:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 7:55:49 AM EDT
[#18]
OP is a libtard and a NAACP member
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 7:58:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I got paid Friday, after much overtime was spent smiling and waving at people giving me the middle finger.

View Quote

That sounds like it would be a typical day for a cop in NJ.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 7:59:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 8:01:08 AM EDT
[#21]
They (West Virginia University) just took away guns from campus police officers.  WVU president said he did not want people of color to be afraid.
Said local police will now handle violent calls. That just gave them like 40% more people to have to deal with.  They should be like "nope, don't call us. You have sworn , trained law enforcement officers on your payroll."

Campus chief had a thin blue line flag in his office. I give it a week until he is gone.

8nBAIT
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 9:37:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Exactly this....   Although it would only take a week.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 9:42:47 AM EDT
[#23]
I wish they’d strike, they’ve been set up by their city councils, mayors and DA’s.  If I were their unions or associations I’d be wanting to see the city official’s back channel communications under FOIA and their city’s own transparency rules. Find out how coordinated these asses are and who’s behind it all.

Until the roaches see daylight this stuff will continue.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 9:46:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Dont know.

thankful they do though
View Quote

this
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 9:47:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Those donuts aren't going to pay for themselves.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 9:50:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Not sure about APD but our local SO’s policy is that deadly force is authorized if a suspect has an officer’s taser. Brooks already showed he was willing to fight officers to resist arrest - why wouldn’t a reasonable officer believe he would be willing to use the Taser as well? He had already taken it and pointed it at the officers. Is it unreasonable to assume he’d use it and take a sidearm? Whether you think that policy is inappropriate is a separate issue - you can’t train guys one way then fire them when they do it.

It seems the only options left for LE are:

A) Let anyone run away who resists arrest
B) Be vilified in the press, lose your job, and face charges if you defend yourself
C) Put your life in the hands of a stranger who’s already assaulted you.

View Quote

All L.E. should go on sick leave for two weeks at the same time.

Local, county, state, federal.

Two weeks of The Purge.

The same people howling that they want L.E. to go away will be begging them to come back after the first week.

And afterwards? Without all the child molesters, druggies, rioters, antifa, basically all criminals, would we even need police?
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 9:50:44 AM EDT
[#27]
I would absolutely love it for the Police unions to release their violent crime statistics involving race on national television.  Break it down to percentage based on population numbers, too!
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 9:54:32 AM EDT
[#28]
A pay check and benefits?
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 9:56:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I would absolutely love it for the Police unions to release their violent crime statistics involving race on national television.  Break it down to percentage based on population numbers, too!
View Quote
In what universe would that accomplish anything positive? It would be seen as an attack on minorities and definitive proof of modern policing's racist nature.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 10:00:09 AM EDT
[#30]
I understand why some people used to become police.  The same reason some people become teachers or join the military and it ISN'T the money.  The fact that there are any new recruits wanting to become police is what baffles me.  Put your life on the line daily for many people who have no respect for any authority, do everything by the book or else you will be hung to out to dry by media, communities, your bosses and half your co-workers.  It isn't about helping and serving anymore.  This is a very sad day in America.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 10:02:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

They (West Virginia University) just took away guns from campus police officers.  WVU president said he did not want people of color to be afraid.
Said local police will now handle violent calls. That just gave them like 40% more people to have to deal with.  They should be like "nope, don't call us. You have sworn , trained law enforcement officers on your payroll."

Campus chief had a thin blue line flag in his office. I give it a week until he is gone.

8nBAIT
View Quote

Campus police officers need to all quit...

Eta: Cop friend of mine just got called in for protests... the last peaceful prayer vigil she attended turned into an extremely violent protest... it's in a lily white community whose residents took up collections to feed and hydrate protesters in the Ferguson shit, and bought them gas masks...  they had the balls to call the pd to ask which gas masks would be best..
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 10:07:10 AM EDT
[#32]
I'm not much of a fan of most police but this is crazy.

They need to do a nationwide call off work for the weekend just to let people see what would happen.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 10:09:10 AM EDT
[#33]
Going to work and actually do anything are two different things.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 10:12:37 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

No cops are gonna sign up for that anymore because they know nobody will ever make it to retirement again. You'll either be fired, dead or in prison. Fuck that shit.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 10:38:40 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/14/2020 10:41:41 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/14/2020 10:42:53 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Also, the overwhelming amount of the country is not as bad as the news makes it out to be.
View Quote

This coming from a man whose screen name suggests he hails from Gary, IN.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 10:50:36 AM EDT
[#38]
I'd be destroying Candy Crush that's for sure.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 10:56:54 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

8nBAIT
View Quote
Holy shit.  They all need to quit on the spot.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 11:01:56 AM EDT
[#40]
God bless and help our good cops. What a messed up situation to be in.

Link Posted: 6/14/2020 11:07:07 AM EDT
[#41]
I'm wondering the same thing.

They're expected to do their job but with no arms basically.

I assume the ones that are staying are hoping all this will blow over. Otherwise I'd be looking at another job.

Crazy times.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 11:18:19 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
This is going to cause a lot of cops to realize they get paid the same if the badguy runs away.
View Quote
Winner. Most will need to find a hobby helping folks, church whatever so they don't go crazy. Letting people run off is a hard thing to do when you're wired properly for police work. Having a lazy DA drop charges on a case you worked hard on to give a victim justice is also very difficult.  Luckily a health crisis turned out petunias for me a long time ago when I couldn't do that job anymore and I found another career where I don't have to deal with this (okay, occasionally I have to deal with liberal prosecutors not prosecuting cases they should be taking) ..
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 11:25:56 AM EDT
[#43]
Me as a white cop in a culturally vibrant area in this political climate:

<---Gets dispatched to investigate a report of crime by an A/A male suspect.

<---Goes to check things out.

<---Radios dispatch: "I dint see nuffin!"  Clear the call.  Report = negative.  "Black male suspect?  What black male suspect?  I don't see any suspect."

<---Goes back to finish patrol, intentionally depolicing the neighborhood.

Okay, obviously the above is intended as satire, but seriously, I don't envy any police officer in these times.  This country has gone insane.

My hat is off to all the decent and honorable LEOs who are out there putting it on the line every day, knowing that NONE (aside from Trump) of the "leaders"
have your back.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 11:28:00 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/14/2020 11:46:24 AM EDT
[#45]
The same reason I go to work to make as much money as I can for myself.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 11:47:22 AM EDT
[#46]
The same reason I go to work to make as much money as I can for myself.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 11:50:05 AM EDT
[#47]
The guy who capped in ATL could have likely been lawfully capped just due to the fact that he had overpowered two officers and was throwing punches at them.  Throwing punches can cause death, or it could cause an officer to be knocked out, where a sub could get their duty weapon, etc...they technically didn't have to let him runaway before lethal force could have been applied.

I'd love to see that "Mayor" go through some real-deal use of force training.  She'd shit her fucking drawers in six seconds.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 11:54:58 AM EDT
[#48]
It sure as hell isnt for our dental plan or retirement
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 12:03:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

And the Atlanta officer involved in the Wendy's shooting?  As it stands he will get none of the above, likely has to hire an attorney on his own dime, hide out with his family somewhere else since the SJW/left likely doxxed him and the media will openly show where he lives requesting a comment from him.  Oh and with no paycheck, I guess he will pay for this how?  Yeah, maybe he will get his job back in a year or two after court battles and such, but what kind of screwed up world do we live in that will make him go through literal hell all for doing his job right?  I can't begin to imagine what that officer is going through right now.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 12:06:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

My old partner has been crushing the OT for his upcoming retirement.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top