Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 5/29/2020 6:55:53 PM EDT
Enjoy your syrup after that one.  Holy shit that weirded me out.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:58:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I've watched short clips of that movie out of morbid curiosity. It doesn't seem very entertaining.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:59:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote

True story. Sleep tight.

Muhaha...
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:01:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've watched short clips of that movie out of morbid curiosity. It doesn't seem very entertaining.
View Quote

Start to finish - it has its slow and murky parts and has its “holy shit!” parts.  A great watch IMO, albeit a bit slow.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:02:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

True story. Sleep tight.

Muhaha...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True story. Sleep tight.

Muhaha...

“True”
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:03:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

True story. Sleep tight.

Muhaha...
View Quote

To be fair, Travis Walton did say the movie made the aliens malevolent and that wasn't his experience.

I lived in Snowflake part time for many years, never met him personally but everyone I knew that knew him when this went down said something happened to him, they just don't know what it actually was. So it's "true" in that sense.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:03:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:04:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Very creepy film
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:05:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:05:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Loved this movie as a kid. Freaked me the fuck out. Freaked me out even more when I learned it was based on a true story.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:05:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Very creepy film
View Quote

I thought so.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:05:42 PM EDT
[#11]
I prefer Communion to Fire in the Sky.

At least in Communion you get to see Christopher Walken shotgun a midget alien.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:06:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

To be fair, Travis Walton did say the movie made the aliens malevolent and that wasn't his experience.

I lived in Snowflake part time for many years, never met him personally but everyone I knew that knew him when this went down said something happened to him, they just don't know what it actually was. So it's "true" in that sense.
View Quote

I’ve heard the same but obviously not from close sources.  Makes you wonder what truly went down.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:10:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I’ve heard the same but obviously not from close sources.  Makes you wonder what truly went down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Walton wrote a book about it.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:12:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

I confess I’ve not read it.  Off to go look...
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:13:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Was expecting the Ozzie song.....
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:15:49 PM EDT
[#16]
I always thought the aliens were a pretty good representation of what extraterrestrials might look like.
I'm just wondering why they're all running around naked?

Clip provided to bring back memories for the squeamish ...

Fire in the Sky (8/8) Movie CLIP - Alien Experiments (1993) HD
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:17:47 PM EDT
[#17]
This movie messed me up as a kid...i was like 8 when i saw it.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:18:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Loved this movie as a kid. Freaked me the fuck out. Freaked me out even more when I learned it was based on a true story.
View Quote

Same here.

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:21:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Very creepy film
View Quote

Not as creepy as  "Fifth Kind" in my opinion...

There's also what was a tv special about an entire family being abducted by aliens... a found footage movie... "Incident in Lake County "... which was kinda cool... well to me, but I like some pretty hokey shit...
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:22:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The fact that all the other members of the forest clearcutting team made statements that corroborated (mostly) Travis Walton, I am convinced SOMETHING happened.   It's pretty hard to keep a story as loony as that straight among 4-6 guys when interrogated repeatedly.

That said, the movie scared the shit out of me, especially the part where he is depicted on the alien vessel under "examination".

By the way, the area this supposedly happened was REALLY remote in the 1970's.  It's still pretty wild country up there around the Mogollon Rim.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:22:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I always thought the aliens were a pretty good representation of what extraterrestrials might look like.
I'm just wondering why they're all running around naked?

Clip provided to bring back memories for the squeamish ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mO2W96NCiRc
View Quote

Played the trailer for my wife a few minutes ago.  She said "No f%&king way I'm watching that."  She had me turn off the trailer half way through it.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:22:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I prefer Communion to Fire in the Sky.

At least in Communion you get to see Christopher Walken shotgun a midget alien.
View Quote

Did Whitley say he greased an Allen??? I don't remember that, but I don't remember "Communion" all that well...
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:23:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Not as creepy as  "Fifth Kind" in my opinion...

There's also what was a tv special about an entire family being abducted by aliens... a found footage movie... "Incident in Lake County "... which was kinda cool... well to me, but I like some pretty hokey shit...
View Quote

If that was the Milla Jovovovovoviovovoovich one, yeah that was creepy.  Thought it was “Fourth” kind?  I dunno. Something about shit going down in Alaska or something IIRC.  Fun, but creepy flick.

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:23:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:23:44 PM EDT
[#25]
This is more like it

The Marshall Tucker Band - Fire on the Mountain (Official Audio)
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:24:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I remember walking out of the theater, looking up at the sky, and moving my ass to my car.
View Quote

I remember coming out of the theater after seeing Contagion and someone sounded like they had pertussis and we hauled ass!
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:25:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

If that was the Milla Jovovovovoviovovoovich one, yeah that was creepy.  Thought it was “Fourth” kind?  I dunno. Something about shit going down in Alaska or something IIRC.  Fun, but creepy flick.

View Quote

That's the one... i saw it alone in a theater at a 2330hrs screening... that added to the creepy..
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:27:37 PM EDT
[#28]
I met and talked to Travis a few years ago in fountain hills for an alien convention. He’s a very humble Nice guy, I asked how accurate the movie was to his experience, he said it was exaggerated for the movie and he wasn’t thrilled with that. If you were to meet him you would never think he lied about his experience.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:28:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I remember walking out of the theater, looking up at the sky, and moving my ass to my car.
View Quote

I work nights and went home early shortly after seeing "Fifth Kind"... turned into my subdivision and there was a huge owl in the middle of the street.. if you've seen the movie,  you'll get the reference...

I may have drawn down...
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:28:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

This exactly for me. Didn't sleep well for a month. Spent years terrified of aliens.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:29:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Was born in Lakeside and lived in Snowflake/Taylor area as a kid as did a lot of my mom's side of the family.

They knew him apparently and apparently guy was usually so full of shit it's hard to know what to believe.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:30:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Was born in Lakeside and lived in Snowflake/Taylor area as a kid as did a lot of my mom's side of the family.

They knew him apparently and apparently guy was usually so full of shit it's hard to know what to believe.
View Quote

Huh.  Interesting.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:30:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

MeToo.

I still remember the rotting dead guy Travis found in the ship. That stuck with me.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:31:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

MeToo.

I still remember the rotting dead guy Travis found in the spacecraft. That stuck with me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

MeToo.

I still remember the rotting dead guy Travis found in the spacecraft. That stuck with me.

Oh fuck yeah when he floated in there and his hand landed in the guy’s rotting abdomen.

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:31:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Did Whitley say he greased an Allen??? I don't remember that, but I don't remember "Communion" all that well...
View Quote

No, but the movie treats you to him taking a literal pot shot at one (as it is hiding behind a potted plant) with a shotgun.

Plus there is just something about Walken's usual "Walken-isms" that makes Communion far more bizarre than Fire in the Sky.

Fire in the Sky is kind of a straightforward monster scare movie, while Communion is far more mind-fucky.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:32:31 PM EDT
[#36]
IIRC one of them came out years later and admitted it was all made up.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:32:55 PM EDT
[#37]
That happened about a 1/2hr from where i live and I know somone that was involved. I guess the movie took a lot of creative liberties with the story and the actual events as told were different.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:34:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
That happened about a 1/2hr from where i live and I know somone that was involved. I guess the movie took a lot of creative liberties with the story and the actual events as told were different.
View Quote

No shit, really?  Crazy.  Would you venture to say anything about the folks you know?  Trustworthy?  Odd vibes?

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:36:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

No, but the movie treats you to him taking a literal pot shot at one (as it is hiding behind a potted plant) with a shotgun.

Plus there is just something about Walken's usual "Walken-isms" that makes Communion far more bizarre than Fire in the Sky.

Fire in the Sky is kind of a straightforward monster scare movie, while Communion is far more mind-fucky.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's true... I liked Walken as Whitley... and what I remember of Comminion was mind fucky...

Now if you want to see an alien get smoked then "Incident in Lake County" can be found on YouTube...
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:37:06 PM EDT
[#40]
The movie that came out (20)-ish years ago? Yeah, freaky...
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:37:31 PM EDT
[#41]
I thought it was great
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:38:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The movie that came out (20)-ish years ago? Yeah, freaky...
View Quote

1993 bro... almost 30 years ago and it's still creepy...
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:39:18 PM EDT
[#43]
I like that the Flying Saucer had wooden floors and was really dusty in some places

The real life tale is fascinating as all the witnesses to this day wont recant. Other than that its lol
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:42:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thats the thing., To me he seems full of it but the rest of the crew not so much. Thats what makes it so interesting
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:45:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Movie fucked me up as a kid too. I'm trying to get my ten year old to watch it..

when he floated into the guys abdomen, the guy raised up like he was still alive too.

that whole ending messed me up big time.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:47:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Saw the movie, read the book, eh.  I am open to the possibility of ET, but let's acknowledge what it is: Belief in ET is a religion.  It's faith without proof.

The distances are so vast, what are the odds that creatures have been traveling for millions of years to get here?  And if they started millions, or even thousands, of years ago, they couldn't have been following fugitive radio signals that led them here.  Maybe they smelled chili being prepared by Neanderthals?  Beans or no beans, your choice.

I want to believe....the truth is out there....
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:47:25 PM EDT
[#47]
I always figured he went off on an acid binge and ended up getting pegged by a hooker. Alien abduction was less embarrassing.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:47:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
IIRC one of them came out years later and admitted it was all made up.
View Quote

So far all of them stand by it. Most never talked to each other again after the incident but independently they all defended the story still.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:48:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I always figured he went off on an acid binge and ended up getting pegged by a hooker. Alien abduction was less embarrassing.
View Quote

Different kind of movie.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:53:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

“True”
View Quote

In real estate they would call the movie "true adjacent."
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top