Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 4/24/2020 11:58:41 AM EDT
The death toll from the new coronavirus reached 50,000 in the U.S., now the epicenter of the global outbreak, according to data compiled by Johns Hopkins University.

The media will be having a field day with that, as if it's somehow magical.

Link
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 11:59:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Only 50,000 in a couple months?  It's not like we've locked down our country.

Clearly just the flu bro.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:00:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Just the flu....

Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:00:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Show of hands for who trusts the numbers.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:00:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Pennsylvania already revised about 20% deaths DOWN, and I expect other states to follow once some of them are looked in to.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:02:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

There is no possible way anyone can trust the numbers as they have already been proven to be fudged, there is absolutely zero doubt about it.  Out of 1600 previous deaths, Pennsylvania revised the number down nearly 300.  Now there have been some new deaths bringing it back up to 14xx, and many of them are being questioned as I type this.

One or two deaths?  Easily contributed to accdidental reporting, or simple clerical errors.  20%?  LOL, year, there is a problem.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:02:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:02:22 PM EDT
[#7]
COVID listed as cause of death even if suspected but the patient had a negative test.

Yay CDC!

Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:03:11 PM EDT
[#8]
And how many of those deaths were "assumed" wubonic plague deaths?

At least 3700 are.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:03:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Something tells me flu deaths are down, as are pneumonia deaths, as are deaths related to complications from diabetes and heart disease.   It's a good thing we have made so much progress on those in such a short period of time.   Right?
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:08:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Ugh how many of those are from the China virus, and not actually died as a side of effect of?
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:11:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Hopefully, we’re near the end of this whole mess. I can’t remember the source, but I thought the total number theorized to die in the US was approximately 60,000 people.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:11:40 PM EDT
[#12]
It's just the flu bro...

Compressed into a much shorter time frame
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:12:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
COVID listed as cause of death even if suspected but the patient had a negative test.

Yay CDC!

View Quote

Are you repeating rumor? Can you cite any known cases?  Here's mine:  Our local news journalist in a great health and mid 50s just died at home unexpectedly.  It's being reported as pneumonia, even though I saw him 5 days ago and he was fine.  The paper never even mentioned COVID19 despite this sounding very odd for pneumonia which he didn't have a few days ago.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:12:24 PM EDT
[#14]
I fully trust the WHO, CDC and State Governments to do the right thing/not lie. 100%.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:12:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Only 50,000 in a couple months?  It's not like we've locked down our country.

Clearly just the flu bro.
View Quote

Clearly. Next they'll tell us the spun the numbers, calling everything a COVID death.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:13:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I fully trust the WHO, CDC and State Governments to do the right thing/not lie. 100%.
View Quote

This was from Johns Hopkins.

How do you feel about them?

Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:13:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Second largest populated country in the world with more accurate reporting? Color me shocked!

Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:13:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Are you repeating rumor? Can you cite any known cases?  Here's mine:  Our local news journalist in a great health and mid 50s just died at home unexpectedly.  It's being reported as pneumonia, even though I saw him 5 days ago and he was fine.  The paper never even mentioned COVID19 despite this sounding very odd for pneumonia which he didn't have a few days ago.
View Quote

Have a link to his death? Can you cite your own case? I'm interested in reading it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:14:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The death toll from the new coronavirus reached 50,000 in the U.S., now the epicenter of the global outbreak, according to data compiled by Johns Hopkins University.

The media will be having a field day with that, as if it's somehow magical.

Link
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:14:59 PM EDT
[#20]
He died of the china virus

Umm, no he didn't He had the china virus, had a few symptoms, got better...went back to work and got hit and killed by an overhead crane  

BUT HE STILL DIED OF THE CHINA VIRUS!!!
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:15:23 PM EDT
[#21]
2020 death statistics

'rona deaths: 50k

All other causes of death: 0
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:15:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Here's the situation in Wisconsin, for what it's worth.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:17:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Yeah,but you forget it's exponential-that 50,000 today,will turn into 500 million dead Americans in 2 weeks.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:17:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nightmare, it is worst than 911

Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:18:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The data is compiled by John Hopkins, and the data is only as good as what they are given.  Again, Pennsylvania has already 100% undeniably submitted false numbers to the tune of 20% of deaths.  

How do you feel about that?
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:18:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

I dont, considering how the hospitals are pumping the numbers up by listing nearly every death as WuFlu.

But lets keep the country shut down so we can go off an economic abyss.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:19:19 PM EDT
[#27]
"The death toll from the new coronavirus reached 50,000 in the U.S., now the epicenter of the global outbreak, according to data compiled by Johns Hopkins University"

The good news?

Heart Attacks?

Cancer?

Stroke?

Diabetes?

Auto accidents?

Work related injuries?

...are ALL dead-zero! No deaths from any other cause since March!
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:20:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Dying from COVID19 pays... hospitals are incentivized to code deaths as CV; cancer, pneumonia, etc., don't pay as well.    Trump should make mandatory testing for any death presumed CV relate.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:22:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm sure they're ALL fake.
Just made up.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:23:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Yay CDC!

View Quote

Except since the tests are often false-negatives.  It's a nothing-burger.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:23:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Ugh how many of those are from the China virus, and not actually died as a side of effect of?
View Quote

Lol thats like people getting shot and dying. They didn’t die because they were shot. They died because of blood Hemorrhage.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:24:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Lol thats like people getting shot and dying. They didn’t die because they were shot. They died because of blood Hemorrhage.
View Quote

We should take advantage of this... my gun didn't kill him, he died from bleeding to death.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:26:03 PM EDT
[#33]
How many of the dead would have died of flu, pneumonia or other common maladies this year?
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:27:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Hicks and dumbasses now believe all numbers are fake.  Duh.

Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:28:06 PM EDT
[#35]
50,000 deaths sounds alarming -- until you do the math.

328,000,000 people in the US with the 50,0000 deaths...

Not alarming anymore.

Now, you I hope no1 u knowz diez from it people that doesn't mean I have no heart. Sucks anyone died from China's bullshit.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:29:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yay CDC!

Ideally,  testing  for  COVID–19  should  be  conducted, but it is acceptable to report COVID–19 on a death certificate  without  this  confirmation  if  the  circumstances  are  compelling within a reasonable degree of certainty.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:29:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Flu bros are the new truthers...
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:30:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
I don't believe the numbers!
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:30:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Not alarming anymore.

Now, you I hope no1 u knowz diez from it people that doesn't mean I have no heart. Sucks anyone died from China's bullshit.
View Quote

Still less than one week's worth of natural death.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:30:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Zero confidence in any numbers.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:31:30 PM EDT
[#41]
My state has an impressive 0.0000405?% death rate...
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:31:40 PM EDT
[#42]
How many of those folks were like already fucking 800 years old .....
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:31:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yay CDC!

From the New York Times

The city has added more than 3,700 additional people who were presumed to have died of the coronavirus but had never tested positive.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/14/nyregion/new-york-coronavirus-deaths.html
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:32:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Both camps are full of idiots.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:33:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

it only matters where the source info came from .... doesn't matter who compiles it and spits it out ... if it was false info going in, it's false info coming out
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:33:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yay CDC!

Ideally,  testing  for  COVID–19  should  be  conducted, but it is acceptable to report COVID–19 on a death certificate  without  this  confirmation  if  the  circumstances  are  compelling within a reasonable degree of certainty.

So what do you suggest a doctor should do, if they are unable to get a test? Just say whoopsie, that one doesn't count? Why wouldn't a doctor list his medical opinion as the cause of death?
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:33:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Not alarming anymore.

View Quote

50,000 dead from the same thing makes it the highest cause of death in America.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:34:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Speaking specifically for PA, they really were adding numbers to the count.  It is undisputed.  I don’t even know how one can be in denial of it, talk about burying your head in the sand.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:35:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Hicks and dumbasses now believe all numbers are fake.  Duh.

View Quote

and doomers and Karens now believe all numbers are real and that THE EARTH IS ENDING AND WE ARE ALL GONNA DIE ANNDKJBWPIBDpikwajbpijb;kjbdpifjbPIJBADPIJBIPJBDPIJWBdf[i;uqb
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:35:45 PM EDT
[#50]
It will be interesting to see the year once closed. Will Diabetes,  etc... numbers be much lower in 2020 due to being absorbed into COVID19?  If so,  the delta will be important.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top