Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 4/11/2020 4:51:49 PM EDT
Little (actually a fat ass) old lady was getting out of her car this morning as I walked by.

Her: "You are suppose to be wearing a mask!"

Me: Yes maam, and continued walking.

Her: "Well, you are  endangering lives!!!"

Me: Uh-huh.

Her: Screams "You are a disgusting person with no regard for other people's lives!"

Me: Look around and see other people walking nearby without masks on.

I was about to ask her for a spare, but decided it wasn't worth it, and kept walking.

Getting crazy out there yo.

Link Posted: 4/11/2020 4:54:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a guy wearing a full face mask /w filter glare at me when I cleared my throat in line at the Lowe's lumber checkout

Guy was fat as fuck. If the Shanghai shivers won't get him, the beetus will
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 4:55:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Ducks, and chickens, haven't said anything.  The deer have other concerns with the mountain lion hanging around, again.  The cat is a flu bro, so doesn't care.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 4:56:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 4:56:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Not surprising, it will happen more the longer this goes on.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 4:56:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Okay, since masks and gloves are not to protect you, but to keep you from spreading your germs, if you need a mask and gloves, shouldn't you be at home?  I mean if you're that sick, and all.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 4:56:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ducks, and chickens, haven't said anything.  The deer have other concerns with the mountain lion hanging around, again.  The cat is a flu bro, so doesn't care.
View Quote

Lived in the country for a long, long time until my divorce ended that.

Man do I miss it now.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 4:57:20 PM EDT
[#7]
At the post office today and some guy was wearing one of those skull masks that some teams in 7th group were wearing in IRQ circa 2005.....Scaring the Muhammad out of haji.  

When I saw him I immediately thought I need to get a skull mask.

Like this but better.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 4:58:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Amazing how our society has done a full 180 when it comes to masks. Remember how we used to laugh at Asian countries for wearing masks in public all the time, well before the corona? Now people here are losing their shit if you're not wearing one.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 4:58:44 PM EDT
[#9]
The "masks"...they do nothing.

Virus size of 125nm.  Cotton fabric pore size...just a few orders of magnitude larger.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 4:59:08 PM EDT
[#10]
They would get told to mind their own business.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 4:59:19 PM EDT
[#11]
I doubt 2/3 of that “conversation” happened.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 4:59:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Little (actually a fat ass) old lady was getting out of her car this morning as I walked by.

Her: "You are suppose to be wearing a mask!"

Me: Yes maam, and continued walking.

Her: "Well, you are  endangering lives!!!"

Me: Uh-huh.

Her: Screams "You are a disgusting person with no regard for other people's lives!"

Me: Look around and see other people walking nearby without masks on.

I was about to ask her for a spare, but decided it wasn't worth it, and kept walking.

Getting crazy out there yo.

View Quote

Turn it around on them:

Next time tell her masks are racist.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 4:59:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Man do I miss it now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Man do I miss it now.

Link Posted: 4/11/2020 4:59:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Go get a klan hood mask if you really want to rustle some jimmies.

"What?   Ya'll said to get a mask.  This is the only one I could find in grampa's closet!"
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 5:00:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 5:01:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Go get a klan hood mask if you really want to rustle some jimmies.

"What?   Ya'll said to get a mask.  This is the only one I could find in grampa's closet!"
View Quote

Damn good idea. May just have to go back tomorrow and troll the hell out of her.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 5:01:20 PM EDT
[#17]
You can’t win, you wear a mask and some Karen will get pissed because you used a mask that could have been saved for someone else. Don’t wear one and a different Karen loses her shit.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 5:02:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Nobody has said shit to me, but I haven't gone out much eother.  

My reaction would be to ask if they knew where I could find any masks for sale.

Quoted:

Virus size of 125nm.  Cotton fabric pore size...just a few orders of magnitude larger.
View Quote
The virus is for the most part attached to a larger particle that will get caught in the mask.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 5:02:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/11/2020 5:02:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Has a Mod jumped your shit for your title yet?
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 5:04:25 PM EDT
[#21]

Somebody got that reference.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 5:05:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Virus is droplet contained. Not airborne, so no
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 5:06:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The virus is for the most part attached to a larger particle that will get caught in the mask.
View Quote

By that measure, wouldn't it make more sense to wear a plastic face shield vs something that will trap the virus in a permeable cloth mere fractions of an inch away from your face holes?
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 5:06:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Has a Mod jumped your shit for your title yet? https://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_abused.gif
View Quote

No, not yet. Thought it was ok in GD.

Fresh off a warning for something else, I guess I better edit.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 5:07:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Has a Mod jumped your shit for your title yet? https://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_abused.gif
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/11/2020 5:07:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 5:09:12 PM EDT
[#27]
They might make me wear a mask but they won't like it. I decorate mine if I wear one. Yesterday it was red/white/blue stripes and said
20DJT20 across the top. Today's says
"Bring out yer Dead".
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 5:10:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Berating a large Sioux man with a Glock 19 on his hip constitutes a ‘bad idea’, so thankfully I haven’t had to stuff anyone head-first into a trash can yet.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 5:10:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Probably not, but I'm sure there are pussies in GD that will report him.  The outside world isn't the only thing full of Karens and Kyles.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 5:10:58 PM EDT
[#30]
busy body bitches (both male and female) are everywhere. Tell her to go back to her safe space.

I can't help but laugh at all the weirdos wearing masks inside their cars or out and about walking.  Get a life people, if you live in the city and are ass to ass with people, sure, wear a mask.  If you are in an empty neighborhood, ditch the mask.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 5:11:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Yes, couple of days ago at grocery store. The funny part is the chick who got on my case had HER mask under her chin. Mouth and nose not covered. I just laughed.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 5:12:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Berating a large Sioux man with a Glock 19 on his hip constitutes a ‘bad idea’, so thankfully I haven’t had to stuff anyone head-first into a trash can yet.
View Quote

Yeah, looking back, I probably should have stuff the old lady in her trash can.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 5:13:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
busy body bitches (both male and female) are everywhere. Tell her to go back to her safe space.
View Quote

Its a great illustration of how the 2 minutes of hate works.

Government says anyone who does X (or doesn't do Y) is a massive threat to you and is selfish.

So it gives the masses someone to hate.  Well, someone to hate other than the people who are shitting all over their personal freedoms on a daily basis.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 5:13:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Probably not, but I'm sure there are pussies in GD that will report him.  The outside world isn't the only thing full of Karens and Kyles.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/11/2020 5:13:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

By that measure, wouldn't it make more sense to wear a plastic face shield vs something that will trap the virus in a permeable cloth mere fractions of an inch away from your face holes?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The greatest benefit to the surgical mask is to keep your germs in your faceholes and away from others.

If you're an asymptomatic carrier, you could be out there infecting every other person you meet and never know it, but if you're wearing a mask . . .
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 5:15:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
The greatest benefit to the surgical mask is to keep your germs in your faceholes and away from others.

If you're an asymptomatic carrier, you could be out there infecting every other person you meet and never know it, but if you're wearing a mask . . .
View Quote

A plastic face shield wouldn't do that?  I know of chemical plants that have resorted to exactly that to prevent the spread of germs.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 5:16:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

“SHUT YOUR FAT MOUTH, KAREN!” could work just as well, and you wouldn’t have had to touch her, either.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 5:20:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Give 'em a swirly, it's much more satisfying!

Link Posted: 4/11/2020 5:21:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Not yet, but a quick, curt, "go get your face fucked, sheep" will be soon to follow.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 5:23:53 PM EDT
[#40]
This didn't happen stfu
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 5:24:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 5:26:00 PM EDT
[#42]
We went to Kroger yesterday and wife wasn't happy I didn't wear the one she gave me.
Of course maybe 30% of the customers and staff were wearing them.
She read somewhere that anyone going into a grocery store was supposed to wear one.
I wasn't planning on swapping spit with anyone there so meh.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 5:26:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Fuck no. Virtually no one is wearing a mask here. Maybe one in 500.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 5:26:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
At the post office today and some guy was wearing one of those skull masks that some teams in 7th group were wearing in IRQ circa 2005.....Scaring the Muhammad out of haji.  

When I saw him I immediately thought I need to get a skull mask.

Like this but better.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/696/Screen_Shot_2020-04-11_at_4_58_36_PM_png-1362699.JPG
View Quote

My wife wears a very similar one when she has to go shopping.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 5:27:02 PM EDT
[#45]
People are usually scared to talk to me, had that happened I would just start coughing uncontrollably.

Either way that old bag wont get near me again.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 5:27:23 PM EDT
[#46]
I had some guy get pissy because I went the wrong direction down a grocery aisle.  I felt the need to point out the arrows on the floor.  I just looked at him the the arrows and said "whatever".  He got triggered and I just ignored him.  People need to chill.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 5:27:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Man, nothing like this ever happens to me...I have no filter at times and don't mind insulting others.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 5:27:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Im wearing gloves and a mask.

Now im a viking that doesn't leave fingerprints or can be identified with facial recognition.

I love this new normal
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 5:28:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

A plastic face shield wouldn't do that?  I know of chemical plants that have resorted to exactly that to prevent the spread of germs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not as well as a surgical mask.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 5:28:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Virus is droplet contained. Not airborne, so no
View Quote

About a week ago there was a report that the virus that arrived from Europe is aerosolized.  

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top