Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 14
Posted: 4/29/2018 1:43:39 PM EDT
I got to looking at CB because of the bullshit gun lube thread. It looks and sounds like SlideGlide that BEnos sales on his forum. Anyone have both and have an opinion?
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 1:47:27 PM EDT
[#1]
TW25B.

Not what you asked, but it's the correct answer regardless.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 1:48:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Title sounds like it's for some kind of sex lube......
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 1:49:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
TW25B.

View Quote
Teflon burns.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 1:52:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Boring old CLP works for me.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 1:55:07 PM EDT
[#5]
My problem with cb is that everyone but them are so stupid, yet they use a $0.99 webpage to sell their version of snake oil.

The founders bio is a meandering incomplete tale of who cares?

We do this every couple of years.

“No one has put any thought into gun lube until I came along! Buy my shit!”

Someone will do an analysis and find it’s Mobil 1 grease with perfume added and there will be much purse swinging and gnashing of teeth.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 1:55:58 PM EDT
[#6]
slip2000 ewl

put that shit on everything.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 1:57:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Teflon burns.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
TW25B.

Teflon burns.

Good thing none of the parts you lube on a weapon get hot enough to burn PTFE.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 1:59:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
My problem with cb is that everyone but them are so stupid, yet they use a $0.99 webpage to sell their version of snake oil.

"No one has put any thought into gun lube until I came along! Buy my shit!"

Someone will do an analysis and find it's Mobil 1 grease with perfume added and there will be much purse swinging and gnashing of teeth.
View Quote
This. Bet it's a lithium grease with scent added.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 2:02:08 PM EDT
[#9]
BEnos sells on his forum.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 2:08:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
slip2000 ewl

View Quote
I swear by that stuff. And it's used by the Marine Corps.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 2:09:57 PM EDT
[#11]
I have used a ton of different gun oils and lubes. Nothing compares to CB. My suppressed guns run much longer without cleaning. It solved my jamming problems on my versamax too.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 2:13:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
slip2000 ewl

View Quote
I exclusively EWL and EWL30 these days and have zero reason to use anything else, they work perfectly. Done coyote hunting in -40 winter days and prairie dog hunting in 100+ summer days, never an issue. Regularly go 2,000 rounds between cleaning on my carbines and pistols, never had an issue.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 2:14:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
TW25B.

Teflon burns.

On an AR it is certainly possible to burn off teflon lubricants and create some rather nasty byproducts.

On pistols, sure, go for it.

Teflon isn't the best for reducing wear on a firearm though. Not by a long shot.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 2:15:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
slip2000 ewl

Issued, or by used by deployed units?

If issued, since when?
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 2:16:33 PM EDT
[#15]
I haven't bought anything else after I started using CherryBlamz.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 2:18:42 PM EDT
[#16]
What, no poll?

CherryBalmz is the answer you seek.  Use it and spend less time cleaning and lubing and more time shooting.  It's the real deal.  My Glocks love it as well as all my ARs and everything else in between.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 2:19:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

“No one has put any thought into gun lube until I came along! Buy my shit!”

Someone will do an analysis and find it’s Mobil 1 grease with perfume added and there will be much purse swinging and gnashing of teeth.
View Quote
It seems too thin to be any of the commercially available Mobil 1 greases.

I agree that it is likely a repackaged lithium grease though. Probably an NLGI #0 or #1. Obviously not a huge amount of Moly content given its color.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 2:20:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"No one has put any thought into gun lube until I came along! Buy my shit!"

Someone will do an analysis and find it's Mobil 1 grease with perfume added and there will be much purse swinging and gnashing of teeth.
The scent is being done away with in the near future.

Whatever it is, it works pretty well in my guns, better than any other lube I've tried so far, which is not to say that I've exhausted the list of lubes to try by any means.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 2:26:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The scent is being done away with in the near future.

Whatever it is, it works pretty well in my guns, better than any other lube I've tried so far, which is not to say that I've exhausted the list of lubes to try by any means.
View Quote
My experience too.

I have hell keeping my 22/45 running for steel challenge (shit ammo probably has something to do with that ).

Switched to the CB black rifle lube on it because it had worked well on my ARs and had much less trouble keeping my 22 running.  Ordered some of their new rimfire lube, excited to try it out this year and see how the 22/45 runs with it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 2:34:48 PM EDT
[#20]
I remember when the Cherrybalmz fad first started. Looks like it's in full swing and about to wind down now. Wonder what product will be next...
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 2:39:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
TW25B.

View Quote
FPNI.

Don't fall into the trap of boutique snake oils.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 2:39:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
slip2000 ewl

View Quote
This if we're talking lube.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 2:41:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Issued, or by used by deployed units?

If issued, since when?
View Quote
Here
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 2:47:34 PM EDT
[#24]
I used slide glide on my P229 and while it was slick, it didn’t last long.  The Black Rifle Balm stays put and has extreme lubricity (not sure if that’s a word).

It is great for suppressed weapons, much better than TW25 or Slip, and I am a huge fan of all of Slip’s products.

Buy a bottle and you won’t be disappointed.  When they say one application will last thousands of rounds they aren’t exaggerating.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 2:59:53 PM EDT
[#25]
I feel like cherybalmz threads are giving me deja vu from the froglube days.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 3:01:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Haven't used slide glide.

Have used CB.

I continue to use CB because it lets me be lazy longer between cleaning/reapplication. If it turns out to be a repackaged existing product grease with scent in it (and I doubt that, frankly), at least I'll have been able to continue to be lazy between when I was first introduced to it and now, and in the future will just have larger jars of it sitting around in bulk. Which won't matter cause I hardly ever have to use it, because it lasts forever. Hence me being able to be lazy.

Don't care about the details, it works better than anything else I've used.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 3:04:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Bought my first gun in 2006 and have stuck with the MPro7 line since then for all my firearms. Bought some CB to try out last fall and so far so good. Any idea how long one can go without cleaning with CB? They seem very confident it will go far considering how small the containers are..
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 3:04:54 PM EDT
[#28]
I guess I'm Cherry Balmz curious, but all I see are anecdotal stories from guys on Arf. There are no real reviews to speak of on youtube or by industry folks. CB doesn't get included in any of the comparison testing regarding lubricity, corrosion, etc. The CB website makes great claims without actually saying what is in their product or how it is different than other greases. If you attempt to find any scientific info or research online there's basically nothing outside of CB's claims on their website.

Despite all that I spent the $35 or whatever for their sample pack. I'm sure I'll be back with some more anecdotal stories soon.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 3:08:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I guess I'm Cherry Balmz curious, but all I see are anecdotal stories from guys on Arf. There are no real reviews to speak of on youtube or by industry folks. CB doesn't get included in any of the comparison testing regarding lubricity, corrosion, etc. The CB website makes great claims without actually saying what is in their product or how it is different than other greases. If you attempt to find any scientific info or research online there's basically nothing outside of CB's claims on their website.

Despite all that I spent the $35 or whatever for their sample pack. I'm sure I'll be back with some more anecdotal stories soon.
View Quote
Very true which is why I was skeptical. The worse that can happen is that it ends up being FireClean v2 and I just go back to MPro
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 3:11:45 PM EDT
[#30]
CB works great for me.

Link Posted: 4/29/2018 3:12:42 PM EDT
[#31]
I've used both and they are quite different. Slide Glide is much thicker and tackier. You use it specifically to help soften the recoil pulse on handguns. Great stuff for it's intended use but you sacrifice cold weather reliability.

Cherry Balmz is designed to reduce friction as much as possible to increase reliability and reduce the time between application.

I have a tub of Slide Glide, and their Slide Glide light and they just sit on the shelf collecting dust since I've switched to Cherry Balmz.

If you have a finicky gun, try out the Rimfire Remedy. I used to break my Remington 1100 I use for 3 gun down between stages to clean and relubed just to make sure I didn't have any malfunctions. I've got around 600 rounds through it since switching to the Rimfire Remedy without a jam.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 3:22:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
On an AR it is certainly possible to burn off teflon lubricants and create some rather nasty byproducts.

Teflon isn't the best for reducing wear on a firearm though. Not by a long shot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
TW25B.

Teflon burns.

No it isn't and you have no idea what you're talking about.

ETA: Seriously, your ignorance is painful.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 3:24:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Just ordered some. I've yet to see a negative review from somebody who actually used it.

eta: CB, that is.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 3:27:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Just ordered some. I've yet to see a negative review from somebody who actually used it.
View Quote
I'm going to try the 5 pack out.

I don't like how Slip crawls everywhere but where I put it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 3:33:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I'm going to try the 5 pack out.

I don't like how Slip crawls everywhere but where I put it.
View Quote
try the EWL 30.

i use the non 30 for rifles but 30 for handguns. stays where you put it and is just as slick as the non 30.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 3:34:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Haven't used slide glide.

Have used CB.

I continue to use CB because it lets me be lazy longer between cleaning/reapplication. If it turns out to be a repackaged existing product grease with scent in it (and I doubt that, frankly), at least I'll have been able to continue to be lazy between when I was first introduced to it and now, and in the future will just have larger jars of it sitting around in bulk. Which won't matter cause I hardly ever have to use it, because it lasts forever. Hence me being able to be lazy.

Don't care about the details, it works better than anything else I've used.
View Quote
I'm still using the bottle from the swag bag from CWWII.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 3:35:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Astroglide
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 3:40:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I used slide glide on my P229 and while it was slick, it didn’t last long.  The Black Rifle Balm stays put and has extreme lubricity (not sure if that’s a word).

It is great for suppressed weapons, much better than TW25 or Slip, and I am a huge fan of all of Slip’s products.

Buy a bottle and you won’t be disappointed.  When they say one application will last thousands of rounds they aren’t exaggerating.
View Quote
Lubricity indeed is a word.

And yeah, it stays put really well without being too thick.  Strikes a good balance between other greases I've tried and oils.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 3:41:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I got to looking at CB because of the bullshit gun lube thread. It looks and sounds like SlideGlide that BEnos sales on his forum. Anyone have both and have an opinion?
View Quote
Shoot me a PM and I'll mail you some spare bottles of CB. The bottles will be free and I'll pay shipping.

While the name and smell are reminiscent of FrogLube, they ARE NOT the same. CherryBalmz straight works. Try it out and report back on here.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 3:45:06 PM EDT
[#40]
I've been using the Mobil 1 full synthetic grease. It's red so easy to see where I apply.  Been only using it for the last couple months but so far so good.  $8 bucks got me a big can that'll last years.

For oil I use SAE 30 hydraulic oil.  1 quart has lasted me 5 years so far.  I dispense it out of a repurposed eye drops container.

I refuse to waste money on boutique lubes
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 3:50:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

eta: CB, that is.
View Quote
Love it.

Like trying new things so I bought it.

Awesome stuff.

It's by no means a torture test, but I shot about 500 ends a week prior then dumped about 1100 rounds in a day with no issues.

It feels smoother as well
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 3:51:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
TW25B.

Teflon burns.

I think he was talking about beating off with it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 3:52:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
It has a list of ingredients right here on the bottle:

Link Posted: 4/29/2018 3:53:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Astroglide FTW
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 3:55:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Cherrybalmz is magic.  Straight chemical engineering magic.

Rimfire remedy has made even the dirtiest suppressed .22 run like it was brand new.  Black Rifle Field Balm has fixed more than one AR for me after stoppage, and the Black Rifle Balm goes on just about every semi-auto I own... and I use it as a wonderful anti-seize for everything, including as an anti-seize for spark plugs.  Works something awesome.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 3:59:43 PM EDT
[#46]
I've used it a lot and seems to keep the suppressed guns lubed longer then other oils and grease I've used in the past.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 4:02:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Don't pay for gun lube.  Use whatever you got for free at your last match or class. Ill never use all the samples i have in the garage.

if i had to buy it? A $7 bottle of CLP will last for years.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 4:12:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

It has a list of ingredients right here on the bottle:

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/864/41785530061_69a75a4a10_b.jpg
View Quote
Well I don't have a bottle yet so thanks.

ETA: Ha! I'm on my phone and had to squint to see it, but that's pretty funny.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 4:29:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
CB works great for me.

https://i.imgur.com/Fn02E6t.jpg
View Quote
@daemon734 Where did you get a 4oz bottle?

I love the stuff. I clean/protect with G96 aerosol and lube with CB.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 4:32:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Shoot me a PM and I'll mail you some spare bottles of CB. The bottles will be free and I'll pay shipping.

While the name and smell are reminiscent of FrogLube, they ARE NOT the same. CherryBalmz straight works. Try it out and report back on here.
View Quote
If you have any leftover, I’d happily pay shipping for one.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top