Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/16/2016 8:46:50 PM EDT
I heard this from a Navy and Air Force point of view tonight. I was surprised that this bit of folklore was universal across the services, as I had thought it might have been specific to the Army, or even a unit or two that I'd been in.

I'm not going to tell you what it is, I'm going to ask you what it is. I may do more of these threads, depending on the responses.

So my question is:

How do you properly utilize the toilet paper that comes in MREs?

EDIT: If you know the correct answer, please state your branch of service.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 8:47:45 PM EDT
[#1]
To scrape the shit from under your fingernails?
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 8:50:05 PM EDT
[#2]
anyone who says to clean shit off their finger is a fucking idiot, and probably thinks 5.56x45 was designed to tumble and wound.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 8:50:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Stick your finger through it, wipe your ass with said finger and then use the paper to wipe your finger.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 8:55:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
anyone who says to clean shit off their finger is a fucking idiot, and probably thinks 5.56x45 was designed to tumble and wound.
View Quote

I have crossed your name off the list of people to invite to my next party.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 8:56:53 PM EDT
[#5]
If you have paper and choose to wipe your ass with your bare finger, you are fucking retarded.

Link Posted: 4/16/2016 8:59:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Soak it with the MRE heater water and wipe?

Use the plastic spoon after you're done eating and clean up with the paper?

or both?
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 9:00:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote
OP asked for folklore, I don't believe it but I've heard the same BS story,, rip the corner off, unfold the TP, which opens to a square now with a hole in the center; wipe yer a-hole, then use the corner torn off to clean the shit from under your fingernail.

You're a bigger party pooper than, than, than.........

Waiting until sunset to go take an MRE box shit in the desert, nobody in view for miles, until you drop trou, and have half given birth to an MRE peanut butter brick, so a 5 ton full of support bn chicks drive right by and all you can do is just wave at them.

That big of a party pooper.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 9:04:17 PM EDT
[#8]
POOP thread....
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 9:05:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Its easy, after the Peanut Butter cements your ass shut for 8 days, you have at least 16 packs of MRE shit paper saved up to wipe with.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 9:06:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
POOP thread....
View Quote

IBTL
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 9:15:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Throw away the TP in the MRE.  When you get back to civilization  (some place where you don't need a flight line DL), use the baby wipes you bought at the Mini BX, then go get hot chow at the DFAC with some ice cream for dessert.  Retire back to your room to play video games until you need to go to work in the morning to sleep.

Ummm, Air Force, as if it wasn't obvious.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 9:25:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
OP asked for folklore, I don't believe it but I've heard the same BS story,, rip the corner off, unfold the TP, which opens to a square now with a hole in the center; wipe yer a-hole, then use the corner torn off to clean the shit from under your fingernail.  

Waiting until sunset to go take an MRE box shit in the desert, nobody in view for miles, until you drop trou, and have half given birth to an MRE peanut butter brick, so a 5 ton full of support bn chicks drive right by and all you can do is just wave at them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're very close there. The proper procedure is this:

Step 1: Remove brown wrapper from toilet paper. Unfold until it's folded in fourths.

Step 2: Tear corner off the wad of toilet paper and retain for later use.

Step 3: Unfold toilet paper completely, which now has a hole in the center. Slide over finger.

Step 4: Clean rectal area with finger.

Step 5: Grasp toilet paper wad and slide up finger, cleaning as you go.

Step 6: Use torn-off corner to clean under fingernail.

Step 7: Charlie Mike.

Link Posted: 4/16/2016 9:28:33 PM EDT
[#13]
I use it to try helping the rabbit clean up.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 9:31:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Its easy, after the Peanut Butter cements your ass shut for 8 days, you have at least 16 packs of MRE shit paper saved up to wipe with.
View Quote

This

Starting a poop thread with an MRE is impossible.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 9:33:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

If the bear wasn't such a dick...
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 9:37:03 PM EDT
[#16]
I always stripped my MRE's before going to the field. I only carried what I needed to eat.

I had some normal TP in a ziplock in the top flap of my ruck (Alice).

So I never had MRE TP in the field.

Link Posted: 4/16/2016 9:42:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I always stripped my MRE's before going to the field. I only carried what I needed to eat.

View Quote

Very early on, I learned to always have a buttpack. Charmin in a ziploc, 2 cans of Chef Boyardee ravioli, poncho.

Served me well in tight times. Then everyone started using one.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 9:45:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Very early on, I learned to always have a buttpack. Charmin in a ziploc, 2 cans of Chef Boyardee ravioli, poncho.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn't that get uncomfortable with all that tucked in there.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 9:48:00 PM EDT
[#19]
There's a myth about the MRE toilet paper sucking? That shits like the best made thing in the MRE
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 9:52:14 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
This

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This

That.

BTW, this thread was even funnier after a strongbow with a couple finger's worth of 21 year old Bushmill's added ;-)
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 9:52:54 PM EDT
[#21]
1. Poop in MRE box.
2. Wipe with baby wipes.
3. Close lid on box, put behind squad bench of Bradley.
4. Leave it for your driver to clean out after mission.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 10:02:24 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

If you have paper and choose to wipe your ass with your bare finger, you are fucking retarded.

View Quote
This we get a wet nap and TP

If you can't get your ass clean cut off the Bottom of your shirt
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 10:04:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've used a t-shirt sleeve before.

And a sock.

The road march sucked after that.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 10:14:50 PM EDT
[#24]

I scored high enough on those entrance tests I could go Navy so I didn't deal with MREs.

We had real toilet paper.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 10:18:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I scored high enough on those entrance tests I could go Navy so I didn't deal with MREs.

View Quote

Clever girl!
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 10:21:21 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View Quote

LoL... I scored high enough to go to those high end Navy technical schools without having to wear a dog bowl as a hat
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 10:26:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Just continually shit your pants until they stop making you go to the field.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 10:36:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

And when the community TP runs out, it's waffle stomp time right? I'll stick to my personal stash of MRE paper.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 10:48:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Throw away the TP in the MRE.  When you get back to civilization  (some place where you don't need a flight line DL), use the baby wipes you bought at the Mini BX, then go get hot chow at the DFAC with some ice cream for dessert.  Retire back to your room to play video games until you need to go to work in the morning to sleep.

Ummm, Air Force, as if it wasn't obvious.

View Quote

Nailed it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 10:51:10 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
View Quote

I see what you did there

Link Posted: 4/16/2016 10:55:56 PM EDT
[#31]
What?  You mean "One square a day is all it takes, poke a hole in the middle, to clean out your fingernail"?
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 11:16:06 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

Beefaroni. Every single time I went to the field (after boot camp of course) I took a can of beefaroni. Took one one each deployemeny. Too. I have the same can, it's been to the field 3 or 4 times, and 2 deployements.  Too sentimental to do anything with it other than keep it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 11:36:49 PM EDT
[#33]
LOL I wonder how many zoomies and squids did that in the field after hearing some grunt say that?
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 11:41:31 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View Quote
And all the Seaman a Sailor could ever want

Don't worry, my son is a Corpsman with 2/8 Marines

Link Posted: 4/16/2016 11:41:53 PM EDT
[#35]
I love this place.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 11:53:12 PM EDT
[#36]
+ >
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 11:56:54 PM EDT
[#37]

who hasn't got NSN 8540005303770 listed at the top of every requisition submitted to supply?

Link Posted: 4/17/2016 12:26:41 AM EDT
[#38]
I thought it was to stick between your ass cheeks, light fire to it, and then around the area...
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 12:29:55 AM EDT
[#39]

This is like the the first time I was in jail, and some retard told me I had to go scan my sleeping pad.

Link Posted: 4/17/2016 12:39:42 AM EDT
[#40]

Navy guy.

Use cheap roll of Navy issue single ply.

Unless, of course, you are smart enough to have a roll of the good stuff in your coffin locker.

Link Posted: 4/17/2016 1:07:19 AM EDT
[#41]
I'm an Air Force guy who scored well enough on the ASVAB who still wanted to be an SP.  .  When we went on exercise or deployments sometimes the MRE TP needed to be used.  I always had TP but there would always be one guy who didn't think ahead and he often walked around with an itchy ass for awhile.  

One kid stands out who needed to take a shit between injects at Osan AB, ROK.  He kept asking everyone if they had baby wipes or regular TP.  No one would fess up any and I told him, "Hey guy you been chowing on those MREs all week, ya gotta have an accessory packet somewhere, I told you to hang on to a few."  He digs through his gear, holds up a TP pack and asks, "How the fuck am I gonna use this?"  I told him that lay the sheets across his hand wipe his ass.  He skulked off into the woodline to dig a cathole.  A little while later this troop is still giving birth to an LT and the wind picks up and I hear, "GODDAMN IT, WHAT THE FUCK AM I GONNA USE NOW?"  It turns out as soon as he laid the sheets on his hand the wind blew it all away each time he tried to wipe his ass.  "Use a shirt sleeve!" I yelled.  We were laughing so hard at this kid we were all in tears.  Then later the LT asked him why he had only one sleeve on his t-shirt.  That kid didn't talk to any of us the rest of the week.  It didn't help people were putting rolls of TP in his ruck all the time after that.  

That one wasn't as bad as my A-gunner who shit himself when it was his turn to ride in the turret who had been fighting bubble gut for a week.  I hit a bump too hard and he shit all over himself.  Turns out he had IBS so bad he was shitting blood and got med boarded over that.  Poor kid.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 1:14:07 AM EDT
[#42]
Even in Afghanistan we never had to use MRE TP...or MREs. We had food for days from care packages and an unlimited supply of baby wipes. Though the cold weather MREs are amazing so we ate a lot of those.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 1:56:47 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, and it's measured by grit.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 2:13:55 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

80 grit single ply ass wipe. I brought my own.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 3:24:03 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

And a sock.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And a sock.

Coming out of the field with half a tshirt left. Ahh, good times.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 8:57:21 AM EDT
[#46]
There was always enough room in the M113A2's for a coupla rolls of real TP, used the MRE TP for Kleenexes.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 11:06:06 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

I love this place.
View Quote

It is wondrous.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 11:15:01 AM EDT
[#48]
I heard guys in Ranger School were so hungry they would eat said TP.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 11:20:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Lol.  A govt employees wants me to teach him how to wipe his own ass.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 11:25:25 AM EDT
[#50]
Well, in Ranger school the proper way for me to utilize it was to pour the salt packet on it and try to eat it with a canteen of water......

Because anything in your belly was better than nothing.

Try shitting TP,out.

Now, how many of you Infantry guys know what that "key pocket" on your PT shorts was for when you went for that 5 mile run after a night of serious drinking?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top