Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/5/2024 11:03:41 AM EDT
It seems like we've escaped once again by a cunt hair.

It will most likely be back next year. In the mean time what do you think CO residents should stock up on?

I'd say AR lowers and components
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:04:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Buy politicians
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:05:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By buck19delta:
Buy politicians
View Quote
We try.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:06:52 AM EDT
[#3]
buy all the things.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:07:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By saigamanTX:

It will most likely be back next year. In the mean time what do you think CO residents should stock up on?

View Quote

Don't jinx us.  There are still a few more days left.  Never underestimate the resolve of sociopathic control freaks.  
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:07:37 AM EDT
[#5]
link?
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:10:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By jb1001:
link?
View Quote
The session has three more days but the committee that would have heard it has completed business for the year.

Basically if it wasn't heard yesterday which it wasn't the bill is dead until next legislative session which it could be introduced again.

It passed
House judicial
The House
Introduced at the senate level and assigned to committee. It was never heard.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:12:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By uncle_big_green:

Don't jinx us.  There are still a few more days left.  Never underestimate the resolve of sociopathic control freaks.  
View Quote
What can they do? It was introduced at committee and then never heard. That committee is done meeting for the year. I'm cautiously optimistic.  

It's got a 90% chance it's effectively dead this season.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:13:11 AM EDT
[#8]
A stack of lowers, other parts/kits will still be available.  Then I would buy lpk or PSA rifle kits with everything but lowers.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:14:04 AM EDT
[#9]
That's good news.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:15:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: saigamanTX] [#10]
The final meeting of the Senate State Affairs Committee is supposed to happen tomorrow   SATURDAY(May 04 2024)   where HB24-1292, the so-called "Assault Weapons Ban" could be heard

That was the last update from GOA and it was never heard. Like I said I'm cautiously optimistic its dead.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:15:54 AM EDT
[#11]
What can they do? It was introduced at committee and then never heard. That committee is done meeting for the year. I'm cautiously optimistic.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I don't disagree with you guys, but I'm not going to breathe a sigh of relief  before Thursday.

We still got royally fucked over the last two years with the other bills that the (not) "libertarian" governor signed.  
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:17:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Have Boebert dance around in daisy dukes while holding an ak or ar. That will get people to turn to the 2nd amendment
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:18:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Tactical_Jew:
Have Boebert dance around in daisy dukes while holding an ak or ar. That will get people to turn to the 2nd amendment
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

@denverdan
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:24:16 AM EDT
[#14]

View All Quotes

Think I’m going with this right here.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:35:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Wammel] [#15]
At this point you should have enough to equip at least the next generation. I've given most of my guns to my kids, they are too young, so crated up in the basement.

If not (or aswell), what you won't be able to get out of state easily.
Serialize frames, ar15, ar10, p320 and/or not glock.
50bmg, it may be your last chance for cheap anti-material rounds.
Unique parts that are only sold by online stores, stuff you can't just roll into WY for.

Edit: this is what I am doing anyway, I don't trust the slimy fks not to pass it at 23:59 on Wednesday.

Then anything fun, you would like for a collection. I hope for a krink in 5.45 in the next year.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:36:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jb1001] [#16]
Did Magpul ever leave CO? *I honestly don't remember
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:36:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By JLPettimoreIII:
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/captkirk_gif-1003.gif

@denverdan
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Tactical_Jew:
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/captkirk_gif-1003.gif

@denverdan

Fuckin A.

I was “dating” a good friend of hers. Maybe I can work something out.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:38:10 AM EDT
[#18]
View Quote

Like a decade ago.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:38:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Move
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:46:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: lazyengineer] [#20]
Buy the cool exotic shit.   While A 5th AR lower is nice.  Being the only guy with an MDRx or a BREN or an FAL is kind of neat.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:47:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MilHouse-556] [#21]
Why can't there be repercussions for people who try to stomp on our rights and fail?

They just get to do it all over again until they finally get what they want.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:47:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By denverdan:

Like a decade ago.
View Quote

I figured but couldn't remember.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:52:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By FlyLeaf:
Move
View Quote

Nah. I prefer to stay put and be a royal pain in the ass. Whatever they pass I will continue to openly and blatantly ignore. Just like I’ve been doing since the mag ban.

If anything pushes me out of this state it will be taxes/fees. Certainly not their asinine gun control laws.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:02:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: saigamanTX] [#24]
Originally Posted By Wammel:
At this point you should have enough to equip at least the next generation. I've given most of my guns to my kids, they are too young, so crated up in the basement.

If not (or aswell), what you won't be able to get out of state easily.
Serialize frames, ar15, ar10, p320 and/or not glock.
50bmg, it may be your last chance for cheap anti-material rounds.
Unique parts that are only sold by online stores, stuff you can't just roll into WY for.

Edit: this is what I am doing anyway, I don't trust the slimy fks not to pass it at 23:59 on Wednesday.

Then anything fun, you would like for a collection. I hope for a krink in 5.45 in the next year.
View Quote
IT HASNT EVEN PASSED COMMITTEE!!!!!!!

It doesn't work like that. If they even tried that they'd be sued into oblivion.

Colorado Legislature has 100 members: 35 Senators and 65 Representatives. There are two chambers: Senate and House.

Each legislator serves on several committees, appointed to these positions by his or her political party's leadership. The committees that generally hear bills of interest to CEA are Education; State Affairs; Health, Environment, Welfare and Institutions; Finance; and Business Affairs and Labor. Most bills in which we are interested begin in either the House or Senate Education Committees. Bills with a fiscal impact are usually heard in the committee of origin and in the Appropriations Committee.

The process by which a bill is passed is a series of hearings and votes. Passage of a bill requires a majority: 33 votes in the House and 18 votes in the Senate.

Introduction in either the Senate or the House:

A Senator or Representative introduces a bill as the bill's sponsor. Other legislators may sign on as co-sponsors. A bill has a House sponsor and a Senate sponsor.

First Reading:
The bill is read in the House or Senate (wherever it is introduced) and is given a number and a committee assignment. The bill may be assigned to more than one committee. (Passed House)

Committee Hearing:
The committee reviews the bill in a hearing. Supporters and opponents can testify for or against the bill; citizens can attend the hearing and testify on the bill. The committee decides whether to amend the bill (by adding language, taking language out, substituting language for the original language, and voting on the amendment) or vote on it as introduced. Then the committee votes to pass the bill, refer the bill to another committee, or kill the bill. Killing the bill is technically called "Postponing Indefinitely" or PI. (If the committee refers the bill to another committee, that committee has a hearing on the bill.)

Second Reading:
If the committee passes the bill, it goes to the House or Senate floor, depending on which chamber introduced it. The bill is read to the entire House or Senate. The legislators can amend the bill (and vote on the amendment). Then they vote on the bill in its final form. When a bill is killed on the floor of either house, it is considered "Lost." (Passed House)

Third Reading:
If the full chamber passes a bill, it takes a "third reading" vote as its final approval before sending it to the other house. Or it can kill the bill on third reading. (Passed House)

Repeat of Process:
If the first chamber passes a bill, the bill goes to the other house and the process repeats.

Conference Committee:
If a bill passes both chambers, but the versions of the bill are different, the bill goes to a conference committee. The House and Senate leaders appoint conference committee members who try to work out the differences and end up with one compromise bill. The compromise bill then goes back to both chambers for final votes.

Governor:
If a bill passes both chambers (with or without a conference committee), it goes to the Governor for his signature. The Governor can sign the bill (make it law); not sign the bill and allow it to become law without his approval; or veto the bill. If he vetoes a bill, the bill returns to the Legislature where the Senators and Representatives may try to override the Governor's veto.

So again.
Passed House Judicial Committee
Passed House 123rd reading
Referred to Senate Committee
Was not heard by committee by end of session (The committee the bill was given to. Their last day of meeting was yesterday. It didn't end up on the agenda)
The bill is dead this session.

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:06:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Steyr AUG, if you have the money, get 2 or 3 of them. SBR one of them.

Ruger charger carbine

HK MK23

USP 9/40/45 tactical

9mm roller locked style pistol HK/PTR/whatever in a K length and standard 8”

SIG MPX

Extra threaded barrels for everything you own.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:06:55 PM EDT
[#26]
The final meeting of the Senate State Affairs Committee is supposed to happen tomorrow   SATURDAY(May 05 2024)   where HB24-1292, the so-called "Assault Weapons Ban" could be heard

That was the last update from GOA and it was never heard. Like I said I'm cautiously optimistic its dead.
View Quote
Saturday was the 4th?
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:11:56 PM EDT
[#27]
You better put everything you want on layaway, at least. It's only a matter of time.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:12:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Barrelburner:
Saturday was the 4th?
View Quote
Edited .

Yeah it was the 4th.

I'm going over rules and regulations for CO legislation now and I don't see anything that they could pull .

Whats made it out of committee is what we still have to contend with for 3 more days.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:14:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Buy politicians
View Quote

100% this.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:14:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Ronin72:
You better put everything you want on layaway, at least. It's only a matter of time.
View Quote
This buys us time. That's really it.

I think it's possible to flip one congressional spot (The senate is more likely) but outside of that? This is a buy what you want now reprieve.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:15:45 PM EDT
[#31]
We try.
View All Quotes
Buy politicians
We try.

What’s the going rate and which ones are for sale?
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:16:21 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

Partially
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:16:37 PM EDT
[#33]

It doesn't work like that. If they even tried that they'd be sued into oblivion.

Colorado Legislature has 100 members: 35 Senators and 65 Representatives. There are two chambers: Senate and House.

Each legislator serves on several committees, appointed to these positions by his or her political party's leadership. The committees that generally hear bills of interest to CEA are Education; State Affairs; Health, Environment, Welfare and Institutions; Finance; and Business Affairs and Labor. Most bills in which we are interested begin in either the House or Senate Education Committees. Bills with a fiscal impact are usually heard in the committee of origin and in the Appropriations Committee.

The process by which a bill is passed is a series of hearings and votes. Passage of a bill requires a majority: 33 votes in the House and 18 votes in the Senate.

A Senator or Representative introduces a bill as the bill's sponsor. Other legislators may sign on as co-sponsors. A bill has a House sponsor and a Senate sponsor.

First Reading:
The bill is read in the House or Senate (wherever it is introduced) and is given a number and a committee assignment. The bill may be assigned to more than one committee. (Passed House)

Committee Hearing:
The committee reviews the bill in a hearing. Supporters and opponents can testify for or against the bill; citizens can attend the hearing and testify on the bill. The committee decides whether to amend the bill (by adding language, taking language out, substituting language for the original language, and voting on the amendment) or vote on it as introduced. Then the committee votes to pass the bill, refer the bill to another committee, or kill the bill. Killing the bill is technically called "Postponing Indefinitely" or PI. (If the committee refers the bill to another committee, that committee has a hearing on the bill.)

Second Reading:
If the committee passes the bill, it goes to the House or Senate floor, depending on which chamber introduced it. The bill is read to the entire House or Senate. The legislators can amend the bill (and vote on the amendment). Then they vote on the bill in its final form. When a bill is killed on the floor of either house, it is considered "Lost." (Passed House)

Third Reading:
If the full chamber passes a bill, it takes a "third reading" vote as its final approval before sending it to the other house. Or it can kill the bill on third reading. (Passed House)

Repeat of Process:
If the first chamber passes a bill, the bill goes to the other house and the process repeats.

Conference Committee:
If a bill passes both chambers, but the versions of the bill are different, the bill goes to a conference committee. The House and Senate leaders appoint conference committee members who try to work out the differences and end up with one compromise bill. The compromise bill then goes back to both chambers for final votes.

Governor:
If a bill passes both chambers (with or without a conference committee), it goes to the Governor for his signature. The Governor can sign the bill (make it law); not sign the bill and allow it to become law without his approval; or veto the bill. If he vetoes a bill, the bill returns to the Legislature where the Senators and Representatives may try to override the Governor's veto.

So again.
Was not heard by committee by end of session (The committee the bill was given to. Their last day of meeting was yesterday. It didn't end up on the agenda)

View Quote

Lol. You need to post that 50s cartoon of how laws are made.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:24:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Buy politicians
View Quote

Create local 2A groups to bolster your state level 2A groups and organize outreach, letter writing and get out the vote.  Much more effective than buying politicians at retail.

In the past 5 years, I've spent about as much on 2A activism as I have on actual shooting.  It does make a difference.
Originally Posted By FlyLeaf:
Move
View Quote

Stay and fight.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:26:06 PM EDT
[#35]
I agree, in theory.

But this is the state that routinely flouts federal law (pot, immigration,ect) and has the state supreme court seemingly more extreme than the legislature. I put nothing past them at this point.

This isn't the same America we had in 2001. Laws are optional, especially if you are part of the protected class or a kingsman (or in our state should i say queensman).

First Reading:

Committee Hearing:

Second Reading:

Third Reading:

Repeat of Process:

Conference Committee:

Governor:

So again.

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:27:07 PM EDT
[#36]
I agree, in theory.

But this is the state that routinely flouts federal law (pot, immigration,ect) and has the state supreme court seemingly more extreme than the legislature. I put nothing past them at this point.

This isn't the same America we had in 2001. Laws are optional, especially if you are part of the protected class or a kingsman (or in our state should i say queensman).

View Quote
This is Colorado law that's posted above and the whole process. Again they try something it's their ass.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:27:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bradpierson26] [#37]
In the last 45 days I bought two more stripped lowers
Uzi receiver
Ks47 Lower
10/22
Two AK receivers
Shopping for a B&T usw and HK USC as well as MP5K receiver
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:30:12 PM EDT
[#38]
I got some basics but looking for more unique stuff

I hope for a krink in 5.45 in the next year.
same
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:59:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By StevenH:

What's the going rate and which ones are for sale?
View Quote
all politicians have already been bought and/or sold.

do with that what you will.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:00:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:
In the last 45 days I bought two more stripped lowers
Uzi receiver
Ks47 Lower
10/22
Two AK receivers
Shopping for a B&T usw and HK USC as well as MP5K receiver
View Quote
rookie numbers.gif
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:04:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: H1-HUMMER] [#41]
Originally Posted By denverdan:

Nah. I prefer to stay put and be a royal pain in the ass. Whatever they pass I will continue to openly and blatantly ignore. Just like I’ve been doing since the mag ban.

If anything pushes me out of this state it will be taxes/fees. Certainly not their asinine gun control laws.
View Quote

Gov Abbot just said Hold My Beer, Fuel up the bus's boys.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:12:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By MilHouse-556:
Why can't there be repercussions for people who try to stomp on our rights and fail?

They just get to do it all over again until they finally get what they want.
View Quote

I think this pisses me off more than anything.  Without any repercussions, they will just continue their march
to complete totalitarianism.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:15:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:16:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Missilegeek] [#44]
buy all the things.
View Quote

They are coming for everything, all at once:
1. Ammo
2. Accessories
3. Guns
4. Criminalizing owning guns however they can

I haven't heard about it yet, but won't be surprised when they come after nfa stuff.

I give it 1-5 years before Colorado has CA or IL style laws. If you don't have what you and your children need for life, you are probably fucked. I won't be surprised if they pass some stuff that doesn't even grandfather.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:16:27 PM EDT
[#45]
You are assuming a future AWB will contain grandfathering.

If there was a hole in my collection I always wanted to fill, I’d do that.  Otherwise I’d add a spare stripped receiver or two, extra parts and focus on stockpiling ammunition.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:17:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Buy tar and feathers
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:19:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Missilegeek:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/Thats_true-729.gif

They are coming for everything, all at once:
1. Ammo
2. Accessories
3. Guns
4. Criminalizing owning guns however they can

I haven't heard about it yet, but won't be surprised when they come after nfa stuff.

I give it 1-5 years before Colorado has CA or IL style laws. If you don't have what you and your children need for life, you are probably fucked. I won't be surprised if they pass some stuff that doesn't even grandfather.
View Quote
Without grandfathering it won't go anywhere.  The first bill last year they had to add grandfathering because most of the DAs and LE told them to fuck off.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:20:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Justin-Beard:
Sounds like they are meeting again tomorrow (Monday). Be prepared to testify in case they add it to the schedule.
View Quote
Wait what?

You sure its the same commitee?
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:23:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By lazyengineer:
Buy the cool exotic shit.   While A 5th AR lower is nice.  Being the only guy with an MDRx or a BREN or an FAL is kind of neat.
View Quote

This is where I’m at
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:23:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AstraPat] [#50]
Originally Posted By Justin-Beard:
Sounds like they are meeting again tomorrow (Monday). Be prepared to testify in case they add it to the schedule.
View Quote

Not seeing it here

Edit: Yet…

Attachment Attached File
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top